Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shadow of Nine (W-PvP Discussion)

+5
Cid
Yarnaat
Mandui
Jayse
Geldar
9 posters

Go down

The Shadow of Nine (W-PvP Discussion) Empty The Shadow of Nine (W-PvP Discussion)

Post by Geldar Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:11 pm

Good day, I'm posting this because of a rather interesting subject that I am sure many would be curious to know more about. Its about the newly transferred guild on Horde side listed in the topic. This thread is not going to be a warning one against them, its going to be something completely different, to begin making my point, I am going to quote a message that I got earlier from a person who's name will remain hidden, here is the part that matters:

The "Shadow of the Nine" have some really bad press on the Blizz forum and a few postings from their members doesn't help (truly /facepalm moments) but I talked to the GL and a couple of Officers and they really don't want to make enemies of the rp community, they want to wpvp, its what they do and an rp'er is as legitimate a target as anyone else on a pvp server.

So..I asked they contact you to see if they can reach some compromise on wpvp and the areas that the alliance rp in. The GL is adamant they do not want to upset the rp community, so please, can you take the time to have a chat with them? I know one of the officers (Ureth I think) was looking to speak to you last night.

BTW, someone suggested you were the best one to contact Alliance side and although I would like to sort this out, I really feel the GL/Officers need to do this so it carries some clout in the guild rather than just a new recruit telling them " this is how we do things here sonny".

Hope we can sort this out so that both sides are happy.

What does this mean? Simple, we will make a thread on the Public Section of our forums and invite some of their officers to have a nice discussion with us Role Players of Defias Brotherhood(Besides me talking with their guild leader/officers ingame). Whats the point in this? Simple, these people want to enjoy the realm and want others to enjoy it too rather than grief around like many others before them have done.

What does this still mean? Let's help them out and point them towards the right path, tell them which hubs and areas they shouldn't raid because people are RPing in them and have them be a part of the community rather than an enemy of it, because from what I see, these people atleast have the will not to be griefing asses that other guilds orientated in PvP and World PvP tend to be.

And as always, if anyone feels an urge that for whatever reason he or she should flame or derail, don't. Be it this thread or the one we will make.

PS: Comments, opinions, suggestions and concerns are as always welcome.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

The Shadow of Nine (W-PvP Discussion) Empty Re: The Shadow of Nine (W-PvP Discussion)

Post by Jayse Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:20 pm

I reserve judgement as eating is the proof of the pudding, however for now given thier incentive "i'm onboard".

Even if it could be a cleverly disguised "Where is the RP so we can crash the party". I will reserve judgement and keep an open mind however. It's a nice move on thier part and if it holds true, a welcome addition to the community ^^
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

The Shadow of Nine (W-PvP Discussion) Empty Re: The Shadow of Nine (W-PvP Discussion)

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:57 pm

It is pretty damned easy to find where people hang out to rp on Alliance (read this forum for starters) so if this was a thinly disguised way to do that, it would only save them a week or so of finding the information themselves.

Let’s at least give be positive about this until they prove otherwise?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:10 pm

I said i'm on board ^^ I just always reserve judgement is all due to past experience. Wasn't an attack Wink Don't be so quick to pick out something negative and look at a reply as a whole XD

I'm looking forward to the PvP!
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Would be a nice first step to stop /yelling A N A L related stuff during the PvP encounters but I get your point. The officers of BW already had a discussion about how the guild will be handling the SoN in the future (regardless whether they turn RP hostile or not) and we will soon contact their GL for a general consensus.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:10 pm

Thats the idea, Mand. Get some common terms between people so that we don't become enemies, if you get what I mean, ergo - rather have them as a part of the community than an enemy of it.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:13 pm

Yeah it'd be great if they stopped to corpse camp RPers and Lowbies in Darkshire Neutral
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Well, noone in Alliance bothers to defend IF if it gets attacked, so they don't need to come there if they look for a challenge.

At least that's the expression I got last 5-6 times I was on and IF was under attack.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:22 pm

The positive few first samples I've had is that (to my knowledge and so far) they are not blatant ooc'ers (no visible ooc names, haven't heard complaints of them dancing naked in rp events, etc etc). Ofc someone else might have, idk. Talking from my own point of view, here.

There is a thin line, there, in regards to "upsetting RP'ers". In several cases, "upsetting RP'ers" would be just about -anything- they did not plan and control themselves, sadly. Even if it means ruining others' RP. That is not what I'd consider "misbehaviour", really. Then, there's the other side of the coin, people who specifically try to disrupt RP for absolutely no other reason than just that: disrupt RP.

Just try and keep in mind that not everyone is "the devil" if they attack an RP'er (as stated, RP'ers are just as valid a target as anyone else, that is the reason we are in a RP-PvP realm), but... if they do so only for the sake of crashing rp events/sessions, specifically because "there is RP there", and not because of a valid reason, it's to be frowned upon.

Just setting the line, for me, because I've had people qq about "rp crashing" and "griefers" only because there has been PvP they didn't plan (but should have expected).

Might be tricky to tell apart. And you'll get as many opinions as the people you ask for one, I guess. But time will tell.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:06 pm

Nayan wrote:The positive few first samples I've had is that (to my knowledge and so far) they are not blatant ooc'ers (no visible ooc names, haven't heard complaints of them dancing naked in rp events, etc etc). Ofc someone else might have, idk.
Indeed. Certain yells along with sames such as Stunlol xD
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Right. No, that's not a good sign. :<
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:13 pm

They corpse camped Ephitos and Brutally dedicated.

pure win in my book.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:16 pm

Mandui wrote:
Nayan wrote:The positive few first samples I've had is that (to my knowledge and so far) they are not blatant ooc'ers (no visible ooc names, haven't heard complaints of them dancing naked in rp events, etc etc). Ofc someone else might have, idk.
Indeed. Certain yells along with sames such as Stunlol xD

There's a bunch of people will OOC/stupid names in Bloodwind too

glass houses stones etc etc
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:23 pm

Glilya wrote:
There's a bunch of people will OOC/stupid names in Bloodwind too

glass houses stones etc etc
Point them out to me in private then instead of this :3
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:26 pm

Might I also mention the Blizz post shows they migrated from 'Outland' server, this is a PvP server so they would not have had any naming restrictions. On the transfer you don't get to rename for free (unless you think ahead and roll a lvl one with the same name).

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Take this as you will Geldar.

The Shadow of Nine (W-PvP Discussion) Wowscrnshot032211170352
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:14 pm

I had a talk with this guy yesterday. I will refrain from commenting on the above before I get the chance to talk to him again, since he didn't poke me on Mand after all Razz
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Lol he knows how to be subtle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:29 pm

You guys sure like sharing those private conversations!

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:39 pm

Thanks Melf, I think we will stay away from making that thread in the public section now. I'd rather discuss things In-game if anything, I will probably either lock this thread or change its purpose as its current one has already been served, if people wish to further discuss the guild, go ahead.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:08 pm

If you want him back, you're gonna have to beg... like a monkey!!
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down