Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion between SFE/DRS

+17
Raelan
Gallandria
NathiniĆ³s
Saevir
Kozgugore Feraleye
Zhakiri
Kristeas Sunbinder
Dorik Thunderbelly
Antistia
Kil'drakor
Mandui
Nayan
Mallea/Trollmeat
Krogon Devilstep
Spyre
Gesh
Sinnadrin
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Discussion between SFE/DRS - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion between SFE/DRS

Post by Sinnadrin Sat May 22, 2010 5:19 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:One thing that has been used before and is still used, is that IF you don't have any rp gear, you put on your normal gear and put away your:
Trinkets, bracers, rings, possibly your cloak and helmet,
Maybe put on a level 60-70's weapon.

Once fought the dwarves and we took of our belts at one moment, yeah, they caught us with our pants down and we lost ;_;

I had fun fighting the NG commander I think, just hitting each other with as little fancy attacks as possible ^^
Yeah... you really need a
PRIVATE
disclaimer for events like that. And not to shout it from the rooftops as if it were an actual server-wide WPvP event, which one could easily assume from various IC sentiments about how "the Dwarves invaded Quel'Thalas". It wasn't only TSE who went south to actually do something about it like any concerned and armed citizens of the kingdom.

I still remember the thrill and immersion of the Sin Belore invasion of Ashenvale (against the Winterblades), when both sides threw in everything they had, one day won by one side, the next by the other.
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet
Name: Lord Sinnadrin Sunfury
Title: Sun King Aspirant

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Sat May 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Sinnadrin wrote:I still remember the thrill and immersion of the Sin Belore invasion of Ashenvale (against the Winterblades), when both sides threw in everything they had, one day won by one side, the next by the other.

RP gear was used even then, and the leaders of each side communicated between clashes to keep things balanced. It was true the IC outcome of the battle was not determined beforehand though.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinnadrin Sat May 22, 2010 5:26 pm

Saevir wrote:RP gear was used even then, and the leaders of each side communicated between clashes to keep things balanced. It was true the IC outcome of the battle was not determined beforehand though.
At the one I participated in (with a character on both sides), I've never heard RP gear enter the discussion in either gchats.

If it does, however, concrete lines should be drawn and clear statements made OOC, or issues like this will emerge.
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sat May 22, 2010 5:28 pm

When we fight the winterblades we tend to balance the gear after every fight.

And If I remember right, one series of pvp events in Ashenval ended when we only had two people there that had to either leave or get killed over and over, nowdays, with the communication that is more or less live (msn and an awesome alliancealt/vent combo) we can get more out of it.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by NathiniĆ³s Sat May 22, 2010 5:29 pm

I find it rather amusing that as soon as wrp-pvp happens, so does massive amounts of butthurt.

Though from personal experience the events I've been in with the DRS have been swing or miss. However I haven't heard any complaining from my guildies or any complaints directed at us, but I might've missed it.

Just looks like a few people are being whiny about things not being their way. Well, tough shit for them.

At the one I participated in (with a character on both sides), I've never heard RP gear enter the discussion in either gchats.

If it does, however, concrete lines must be drawn and clear statements made OOC, or issues like this will emerge.

As the guy that organized it all with Arodeesa, I'm going to call that wrong. We did discuss it, and the eventual outcome was that it was up to the players themselves. I know for a fact SB changed into rp gear several times to even scores of battle, for everyones enjoyment.
NathiniĆ³s
NathiniĆ³s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 22, 2010 5:32 pm

Spyre wrote:The Sunfury were invited to be part of it. However since you declined due to being so cool that you dont do rp battles in rp gear, I found it rather pathetic when your member ran into our camp with pvp gear, aiming the rp geared ones but completely ignoring me who was attacking her in pvp gear myself Smile Your guild is a joke to the rp community

Hai.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallea/Trollmeat Sat May 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Wait, are the DRS complaining about that fight for one guy showing up in PvP gear outside the actual fights? You steamrolled us for all but one fight (partly due to numbers, partly due to some really good healing from your lads). You guys had fun, for goodness' sake! You don't see anyone kicking up a big fuss about the corpsecamping bit on our poor little 'uns.

I honestly don't see why one crasher should spark an argument like this. Chill out, folks.

Also, and it's not in an angry way I'm asking this, but did we ever figure out what the Ere Argus warrior was doing there?
Mallea/Trollmeat
Mallea/Trollmeat

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Sat May 22, 2010 5:38 pm

Madel/Vectoria/Koblitz wrote:In my honest opinion, I think it might be nice for someone to organise RP-PVP events with " anything goes, gear wise. " rules.Ā 

Aswell as the RP geared events.

^ That
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet
Name: Gallandria Adair
Title: The Bloody Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinnadrin Sat May 22, 2010 5:45 pm

NathiniĆ³s wrote:

If it does, however, concrete lines must be drawn and clear statements made OOC, or issues like this will emerge.

As the guy that organized it all with Arodeesa, I'm going to call that wrong. We did discuss it, and the eventual outcome was that it was up to the players themselves.
Ahh. So that's why I've never heard it enter the gchat. Wink

Veia/Aylisha wrote:
Madel/Vectoria/Koblitz wrote:In my honest opinion, I think it might be nice for someone to organise RP-PVP events with " anything goes, gear wise. " rules.Ā 

Aswell as the RP geared events.

^ That
Indeed. I, for one, will see what we can do, though "unfortunately", we're not a military organization, our IC tactics always tend to be hit-and-run, or subtle operations. All the more reason to call us cowards and jerks OOC as well. Rolling Eyes
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat May 22, 2010 5:45 pm

Mallea wrote:Wait, are the DRS complaining about that fight for one guy showing up in PvP gear outside the actual fights? You steamrolled us for all but one fight (partly due to numbers, partly due to some really good healing from your lads). You guys had fun, for goodness' sake! You don't see anyone kicking up a big fuss about the corpsecamping bit on our poor little 'uns.

I honestly don't see why one crasher should spark an argument like this. Chill out, folks.

Also, and it's not in an angry way I'm asking this, but did we ever figure out what the Ere Argus warrior was doing there?
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyre Sat May 22, 2010 5:57 pm

I wasnt complaining about the fight. it was fun (even if we won won every battle), but it was the random sunfury who uninvited in pvp gear charged in and thought she was rping when she kills of every rped gear dwarf.
Spyre
Spyre

Back to top Go down

Post by NathiniĆ³s Sat May 22, 2010 6:00 pm

Sinnadrin wrote:
NathiniĆ³s wrote:

As the guy that organized it all with Arodeesa, I'm going to call that wrong. We did discuss it, and the eventual outcome was that it was up to the players themselves.

It was actually mentioned and discussed in the SB gchat and raidchat at the time. Cool

Edit: I can't however speak for the Winterblades in this. Thought I'd say that too.
NathiniĆ³s
NathiniĆ³s

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Sat May 22, 2010 6:02 pm

NathiniĆ³s wrote:
Sinnadrin wrote:
NathiniĆ³s wrote:

It was actually mentioned and discussed in the SB gchat and raidchat at the time. Cool

Edit: I can't however speak for the Winterblades in this. Thought I'd say that too.

Indeed, as an officer at the time I can confirm this.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sat May 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Dorik Thunderbelly wrote:The succes of these events depend on planning ahead and communication, if you wish to join it would be nice to inform us well beforehand.

Both parties have agreed to the use of RP gear and it is only logical that anyone who wish to join will have to respect those rules. If you don't agree with that, then you are allways free to go make your own event in the way you want it.
So far I have heard no complaints from either side involved.

As for that zeppelin battle...we are supposed to be in the Ghostlands IC, that's why I said we couldn't come.

Yet you were fighting in Westfall two-three days ago

Also Spyre, if I find anyone a joke to the RP community it's DRS for the moment. You pick a few guilds you want to RP with and decide to ignore the rest, above that, if've seen alot of LOLrp coming from you folks aswell.

And if you're too lazy to gear up (see use RP gear) dont expect to win.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat May 22, 2010 6:42 pm

Relithien wrote:
Dorik Thunderbelly wrote:The succes of these events depend on planning ahead and communication, if you wish to join it would be nice to inform us well beforehand.

Both parties have agreed to the use of RP gear and it is only logical that anyone who wish to join will have to respect those rules. If you don't agree with that, then you are allways free to go make your own event in the way you want it.
So far I have heard no complaints from either side involved.

As for that zeppelin battle...we are supposed to be in the Ghostlands IC, that's why I said we couldn't come.

Yet you were fighting in Westfall two-three days ago

Also Spyre, if I find anyone a joke to the RP community it's DRS for the moment. You pick a few guilds you want to RP with and decide to ignore the rest, above that, if've seen alot of LOLrp coming from you folks aswell.

And if you're too lazy to gear up (see use RP gear) dont expect to win.

that ^

if anything, its DRS thats going againt the grain of the community's usual ways.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sat May 22, 2010 6:48 pm

I don't mind RP gear personally.

And implicitly saying that 'if you do anything with RP gear, you just lack gear (AKA L2Play)' you're wrong, Relithien. It's more enjoyable than everyone looking generic in their Relentless set; one-shotting anything worse geared.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sat May 22, 2010 6:49 pm

Gnash wrote:I don't mind RP gear personally.

And implicitly saying that 'if you do anything with RP gear, you just lack gear (AKA L2Play)' you're wrong, Relithien. It's more enjoyable than everyone looking generic in their Relentless set; one-shotting anything worse geared.
I concur.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyre Sat May 22, 2010 6:49 pm

Yeah, we must be against the community as we enforce rp gear and rules during wpvp to make it fair for even the ones who plays to rp, not to spamm bg's and arena all day. If you wanna attened to -our- event you do it by accept the rules we got for it, this goes for both sides. I also find it funny how you call us cowards Krogon as you run away so often when Anrim is near.
Spyre
Spyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallea/Trollmeat Sat May 22, 2010 6:53 pm

Spyre wrote:Yeah, we must be against the community as we enforce rp gear and rules during wpvp to make it fair for even the ones who plays to rp, not to spamm bg's and arena all day. If you wanna attened to -our- event you do it by accept the rules we got for it, this goes for both sides. I also find it funny how you call us cowards Krogon as you run away so often when Anrim is near.

What was the Ere Argus lady doing there, though?
Mallea/Trollmeat
Mallea/Trollmeat

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sat May 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Fuck's sake, stop the personal attacks already. You all are fueling a dormant flame on purpose, it seems.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyre Sat May 22, 2010 6:55 pm

What was the Ere Argus lady doing there, though?

I have no idea, nor does the rest of the DRS. She came out of nowhere and claimed she was there for the light or something. We werent able to make her leave so instead we got her to follow the rules of the battle.
Spyre
Spyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallea/Trollmeat Sat May 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Well, sort of a parallel there with the SFE guy. Who cares, anyway.
Mallea/Trollmeat
Mallea/Trollmeat

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyre Sat May 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Well not really, she didnt use rings,trinkets,braces,waist, cloak etc and had rp gear (except the 80 legs).
Spyre
Spyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat May 22, 2010 7:00 pm

The attitudes and ego-rubs need to stop. Both parties need to understand they have their own tastes and preferences and these need to be discussed privately and resolved also -privately-. Spamming these forums and throwing dirt is not getting anyone, anywhere.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sat May 22, 2010 7:01 pm

Spyre wrote:Yeah, we must be against the community as we enforce rp gear and rules during wpvp to make it fair for even the ones who plays to rp, not to spamm bg's and arena all day. If you wanna attened to -our- event you do it by accept the rules we got for it, this goes for both sides. I also find it funny how you call us cowards Krogon as you run away so often when Anrim is near.

Ah you're right. Farming furious set is soooo damn hard nowadays, definatly after the honor change.

Oh wait..

And to make another point more clearly again, you create events, which concern an entire race as you invade their homeland, yet you only give a main role to one guild and the others get assigned some minor crap, which make their involvement in the entire defense minimal.
It's more creating RP for yourself and a select circle then the RP community, and if such is the case, don't publically announce it, nor have it done on such an IC scale (instead of invasion, make it a warparty)

Last edited by Relithien on Sat May 22, 2010 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next