Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion between SFE/DRS

+17
Raelan
Gallandria
Nathiniós
Saevir
Kozgugore Feraleye
Zhakiri
Kristeas Sunbinder
Dorik Thunderbelly
Antistia
Kil'drakor
Mandui
Nayan
Mallea/Trollmeat
Krogon Devilstep
Spyre
Gesh
Sinnadrin
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Discussion between SFE/DRS Empty Discussion between SFE/DRS

Post by Sinnadrin Sat May 22, 2010 3:30 pm

Gogol wrote:FAN-TAS-TIC!
Except that when you're trying to participate while not a member of a guild specifically invited to this exclusive lil' "invasion", you get lvl 1 alts raging or olololling at you within a minute's time, even if you have both a perfect IC reason (defending your homeland) and IC justification (informants on the Alliance side right in the same area passing you exact info) for it.

Is this really what WPvP should mean on an RP-PvP realm? Where's the randomness, where are the unexpected surprises, where's the place of subtle and backstabbing IC organizations?
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet
Name: Lord Sinnadrin Sunfury
Title: Sun King Aspirant

Back to top Go down

Discussion between SFE/DRS Empty Re: Discussion between SFE/DRS

Post by Gesh Sat May 22, 2010 3:51 pm

I wish WRP-PVP was everything goes.. 
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyre Sat May 22, 2010 4:09 pm

The Sunfury were invited to be part of it. However since you declined due to being so cool that you dont do rp battles in rp gear, I found it rather pathetic when your member ran into our camp with pvp gear, aiming the rp geared ones but completely ignoring me who was attacking her in pvp gear myself Smile Your guild is a joke to the rp community
Spyre
Spyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat May 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Spyre wrote:The Sunfury were invited to be part of it. However since you declined due to being so cool that you dont do rp battles in rp gear, I found it rather pathetic when your member ran into our camp with pvp gear, aiming the rp geared ones but completely ignoring me who was attacking her in pvp gear myself Smile Your guild is a joke to the rp community

i'd keep it to the subject of the thread, spyre, or il unleash a few home truth's on you dwarves too.

easy enough waving the "holier than though" ethos, harder yet to not be part of the hypocricy.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyre Sat May 22, 2010 4:15 pm

Not really surprised you support them Krogon. Fits with people who think its kinder garden to have a rp uniform and wpvp should be about the one who spend most time in BG's and got the best pvp gear.
Spyre
Spyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallea/Trollmeat Sat May 22, 2010 4:16 pm

Now now, be nice everyone.
Mallea/Trollmeat
Mallea/Trollmeat

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Sat May 22, 2010 4:17 pm

Whether you "agree" one thing, or the other, that is something to discuss with the respective leaders of the guilds in question. Avoid starting a flamefest, no matter how you may feel wronged, as there are two sides to every coin, and this is not the place to play with fire. Thank you.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyre Sat May 22, 2010 4:21 pm

At least next time you decide to be "part" of the invasion, attack the one who got pvp gear and avoid the rp geared ones? Or are you afraid of a fair fight?
Spyre
Spyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat May 22, 2010 4:25 pm

Spyre wrote:At least next time you decide to be "part" of the invasion, attack the one who got pvp gear and avoid the rp geared ones? Or are you afraid of a fair fight?

YOUR afraid of a fair fight, hence why DRS dropepd out of tonights zepplin battle when they heard the orc's were going.

less QQ when things dont go your way.

nayan, move these posts to another thread.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sat May 22, 2010 4:25 pm

Sinnadrin wrote:
Except that when you're trying to participate while not a member of a guild specifically invited to this exclusive lil' "invasion", you get lvl 1 alts raging or olololling at you within a minute's time, even if you have both a perfect IC reason (defending your homeland) and IC justification (informants on the Alliance side right in the same area passing you exact info) for it.

Is this really what WPvP should mean on an RP-PvP realm? Where's the randomness, where are the unexpected surprises, where's the place of subtle and backstabbing IC organizations?
You have a point. However, you could simply respect the fact that this is an arranged event. You obviously declined the invitation to this specific event and, although your character would have every IC reason to be there, you, as the player behind the character, should be as courteous as to let the other guilds make this event however they wish.

Sometimes we do have to mix the IC and the OOC way of thinking in order to not deliberately ruin other people's fun. Don't tell me you would absolutely agree to it if let's say Bloodwind for example oh so randomly popped up during one of your events, despite the IC reasoning.

If you wish to have W-PvP the way you see fit, then organize such with those who agree to follow the same rules. Bashing others for not having the same mentality as you do and additionally being quite insulting towards them in /general chat, is a rather poor attitude.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat May 22, 2010 4:33 pm

It's personal taste on this whole RP gear vs PVP gear business.

Let's remeber that.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinnadrin Sat May 22, 2010 4:34 pm

It certainly wasn't a flaming attempt on my part and rest assured, I appreciate the initiative. But I'm confident I've raised important questions pertaining to not only this one event, but to realm WPvP in general. Yet again,

-Should random RP guilds or even individuals need invitations to take part in events?

-Who determines what gear is "acceptable" and what isn't? What about people who RP in endgame, or near-endgame equipment (which also tend to look better than low-level ones, as an incentive from Blizzard for players to level)? What about the continued inequality between a player who uses a lvl 60 PvP set (Blood Knight "uniform") and one using lvl 20-odd pieces (Battleforge, Bringantine, etc.)? What about the level differences that aren't even modifiable? It's an endless loop trying to regulate these things for both sides.

-Should it really go as far as regularly raging on makeshift lvl 1 alts over the happenings in battle?

The "invitation" the Sunfury Elite received was a request that we turn our characters into random Belf anchorage guards for the Alliance commando to attack, forbidding us from using certain gear. Forgive me if we'd rather like to keep roleplaying our own characters, using any information they can ICly get a hold of, and at maximum efficiency - which is part of the organization's "ideology".

EDIT: please move this post as well, it was completed after the split.
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sat May 22, 2010 4:37 pm

I don't know what this is about in particular, but it's kind of common courtesy when you are invited to a party, to stick to the dress code.

The Orcs of the Red Blade do, at any rate.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinnadrin Sat May 22, 2010 4:41 pm

Mandui wrote:Don't tell me you would absolutely agree to it if let's say Bloodwind for example oh so randomly popped up during one of your events, despite the IC reasoning.
I honestly don't see the problem with that, if you'd have in-character information on a Sunfury Conclave. ICly, we'd be furious and plotting vengeance of course, but OOC, we wouldn't raise an eyebrow. You can have my word on that.
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sat May 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Sinnadrin wrote:
I honestly don't see the problem with that, if you'd have in-character information on a Sunfury Conclave. ICly, we'd be furious and plotting vengeance of course, but OOC, we wouldn't raise an eyebrow. You can have my word on that.
I'll keep that in mind then Wink
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Sat May 22, 2010 4:51 pm

Sinnadrin wrote:

Sinnadrin, what you're saying makes sense but it's common courtesy to discuss with the organizers if there are any special rules in place governing the battles, if you are unwilling to adapt to the organizers rules.

If one of those rules is RP gear only, then you're either going to have to come in RP gear or not show up, else you're just crashing the event. It's the organizers that decide upon the rules and NOT random participants, the random participants will have to adapt to the rules, stay out or organize their own event.

These are just my two cents on the whole PVP vs RP gear issue.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinnadrin Sat May 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Spyre wrote:Well the rp-pvp battles with the Cult and sin belore has been lots of fun since we both check each others gear and health before we begin to make sure everyone's happy with it. Just got pissed off when this random sunfury elite comes running -after- the battle...
Yeah, that really sounds like a realistic and life-like battle situation, where no inequalities, unexpected surprises or flanking attacks happen, ever. :>

I imagine the good king Darius also logged over to his Hellen alt right after his death to tell Alexander how it was unfair and how he wasn't invited at all!

Still no flaming, still a discussion on "RP-philosophy". Should all events require "invitations" and "special rulesets"? If so, how can we know which ones are "open to the public"? And what should we do if we happen to bump into one that isn't? Ignore it?
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Sat May 22, 2010 4:53 pm

The succes of these events depend on planning ahead and communication, if you wish to join it would be nice to inform us well beforehand.

Both parties have agreed to the use of RP gear and it is only logical that anyone who wish to join will have to respect those rules. If you don't agree with that, then you are allways free to go make your own event in the way you want it.
So far I have heard no complaints from either side involved.

As for that zeppelin battle...we are supposed to be in the Ghostlands IC, that's why I said we couldn't come.
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinnadrin Sat May 22, 2010 4:58 pm

Dorik Thunderbelly wrote:Both parties have agreed to the use of RP gear and it is only logical that anyone who wish to join will have to respect those rules. If you don't agree with that, then you are allways free to go make your own event in the way you want it.
For future reference. Many of our members have not saved any "RP gear" whatsoever and turn up on all our meetings in their regular lvl 80 PvE or PvP gears, what they otherwise use (and which fit quite well, btw, and not exactly Wrathful Gladiator stuff). What should these members do to attend such a closed event?
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sat May 22, 2010 5:02 pm

Sinnadrin wrote:Yeah, that really sounds like a realistic and life-like battle situation, where no inequalities, unexpected surprises or flanking attacks happen, ever. :>

Shooting lightning bolts our your ass, or needing to stab someone a billion times before they die aren't very realistic and life-like either.

Just saying.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sat May 22, 2010 5:02 pm

One thing that has been used before and is still used, is that IF you don't have any rp gear, you put on your normal gear and put away your:
Trinkets, bracers, rings, possibly your cloak and helmet,
Maybe put on a level 60-70's weapon.

Once fought the dwarves and we took of our belts at one moment, yeah, they caught us with our pants down and we lost ;_;

I had fun fighting the NG commander (I think), just hitting each other with as little fancy attacks as possible ^^
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Sat May 22, 2010 5:11 pm

Sinnadrin wrote:
For future reference. Many of our members have not saved any "RP gear" whatsoever and turn up on all our meetings in their regular lvl 80 PvE or PvP gears, what they otherwise use (and which fit quite well, btw, and not exactly Wrathful Gladiator stuff). What should these members do to attend such a closed event?

Use some easy-to-get gear that's not lvl 80, there are many nice pieces available, from vendor items to 60 PvP gear + some stuff from the AH, doesn't take long.

And there are many good-looking Blood Elf items in TBC, like the Blood Knight set, or the pieces from the Sunwell, get some, looks are important too, everybody wears about the same in PvE and PvP at lvl 80.
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat May 22, 2010 5:15 pm

Meh, not on this particular topic but I didn't last night enjoy being in the IC postion to completely help you Dwarves, along with the rest of the, by your request, RP-geared Winterblades. Just to be told OOCly, that we wasn't allowed...Then get zerged by PvP geared Horde...Fun times...

Ah well, I logged after that, wasn't much fun being a warzone without being able to fight.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat May 22, 2010 5:16 pm

In my honest opinion, I think it might be nice for someone to organise RP-PVP events with " anything goes, gear wise. " rules. 

Aswell as the RP geared events.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sat May 22, 2010 5:19 pm

How on -earth- did OotRB's name end up in the title? They're hardly even included in the subject at hand, and although what's been said between Krogon and Spyre does leave me itching for quite some things to say as well, I don't believe they fit into this topic.

For the sake of comfort, I'll just edit it out myself.

Last edited by Kozgugore Feraleye on Sat May 22, 2010 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next