Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H] Resistance - Against the Kor'kron and Hellscream

+20
Dolerien
erwtenpeller
Lexgrad
Catari
Samian/Bismack
Drustai
Zouyo
Feltrand
Jormus
Celistra
Xen-tau
Braiden
Vaell
Emrys
Seranita
Rmuffn
Grim
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Kristeas Sunbinder
Ixirar
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[H] Resistance - Against the Kor'kron and Hellscream - Page 3 Empty Re: [H] Resistance - Against the Kor'kron and Hellscream

Post by Jormus Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:25 am

This here has some great potential for underground political RP. Certainly a splendiferous concept.
Jormus
Jormus

Location : Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Character sheet
Name: Jormus Darrowfell
Title:

Back to top Go down

[H] Resistance - Against the Kor'kron and Hellscream - Page 3 Empty Re: [H] Resistance - Against the Kor'kron and Hellscream

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:08 am

There can only be.... MORE!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Feltrand Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:35 am

iwant to be that MORE! can i join in the underground movement oh great one?
Feltrand
Feltrand

Location : Fort Raven's Hold in Frostfire - Hillsbrad foothills - Silvermoon - Shattrath

Character sheet
Name: Feltrand Ravensun
Title: Chronomancer Magister Artist

http://feltrandravensunart.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:50 am

Of course you can!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:50 pm

Hmm... methinks I shall get some of my chars involved with this... Hell, my mage has an axe to grind given she's a Sunreaver ICly. *debates on who else to get involved with this little resistance*
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet
Name: Grek'thar Earthstorm
Title: Crazy orc

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Trolls! i need darkspears ready for 5.3!

Moar TROLLZ!

affraid
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:34 pm

Jahzeem is already at the echo islands, awaiting action.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Stormwind has begun to look into the situation.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:23 pm

Garrosh's downfall is being metagamed to coincide with rising against him openly.

Meta-gaming is often a good thing

No, metagaming is never a good thing. A tad of ooc consideration however is always a good thing.
I also dislike the attitude of hey, you cant arrest me. You can TRY to arrest me it makes it pretty blatent that even though you are cunting out on the horde's regime you are untouchable which is bad it is the highest form of treason have I ever seen/heard one

Thus I hope the kor'kron guild is still about? Or active? Could anyone enlighten me? Who's the gm etc?

Last edited by Samian/Bismack on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : krogon korkron cucumber ffs names)
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:42 pm

Samian/Bismack wrote:
Garrosh's downfall is being metagamed to coincide with rising against him openly.

No, metagaming is never a good thing. A tad of ooc consideration however is always a good thing.
I also dislike the attitude of hey, you cant arrest me. You can TRY to arrest me it makes it pretty blatent that even though you are cunting out on the horde's regime you are untouchable which is bad it is the highest form of treason have I ever seen/heard one

Thus I hope the kor'kron guild is still about? Or active? Could anyone enlighten me? Who's the gm etc?

I kinda agree with Sam here. I do not think it is a coincidence that the pro Garrosh guild failed and the resistance faction has cross guild support. Bear in mind as far as we know vol'jin is ic as far as we know dead atm and he is going to lead the resistance. I would hold off the ic posters ect until 5.3 an let Vol'jin lead this.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:51 pm

Nah. This is going to be fun. Krogon has done a fine job at being sneaky so far, and I'm looking forward to the places this is going.

It's a bit of a shame there is no dedicted Kor'kron guild, sure, but do we really need one? They are the "bad guys" in this story, after all, and so far the Shatterskull Marauders and Orcs of the Red Blade have told some great stories through in-guild Kor'kron characters.

Noone wants to be on the losing side, and you know the Kor'kron will lose. The resistance, in this case, is just the more interesting side of the story to role-play for many. And I can't blame them.

And "meta-gaming" is a great tool for storytelling, as long as it isn't used for evil or personal gain. As it is with all powerful tools. What a Face
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Noone wants to be on the losing side, and you know the Kor'kron will lose. The resistance, in this case, is just the more interesting side of the story to role-play for many. And I can't blame them.

Role-playing isn't about losing or winning.

Or I guess that's only for some.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Lexgrad wrote:
Samian/Bismack wrote:

I kinda agree with Sam here. I do not think it is a coincidence that the pro Garrosh guild failed and the resistance faction has cross guild support. Bear in mind as far as we know vol'jin is ic as far as we know dead atm and he is going to lead the resistance. I would hold off the ic posters ect until 5.3 an let Vol'jin lead this.

That would mean nothing would be organised and ready for the horde community in terms of events/plots come 5.3 or 5.4. We'd be lamely following the PvE side of it and taking no part. Whats more, i have not spoken for or in the name of vol'jin, it has all been done from the perspective of a Blademaster. and from that perspective its assumed he is dead, nobody knows he is alive and preparing a Rebellion.

So no I wont be holding back the posters, They are as they stand relevent and accurate from a Blademaster point of view. Whats more, if we dont meta-game then we end up with the same conundrum we had with other end of patch events, no events or plots directly linked to them for RP'ers to get involved in. And as you can see from this thread and others, there is a lot of eager people wanting to get into this on both Horde and Alliance. This is a deeply important plot line for the Horde, and most if not all Horde RP'ers will be effected by it come the end of MoP.

I have numerous people offering to play kor'kron, including the shatterskulls and their Kor'kron alt guild, so that area is covered. Simply because you yourselves dont see them, does not mean they are not there or not taken into account.

Lastly, Sam, Hellscream supporters are free to attempt to arrest my Orc or any other Resistance member they can. However, finding my Orc or the list of resistance members i hold close to my chest will be a difficult endeavour indeed, and that is a welcome invite to any would be assailant... just don't expect the encounter to be a safe one.

If i am Meta-gaming, then sew me, I'm not going to gain anything from this.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:02 pm

There are no Garrosh supporters XD Also the point of revolutions and such like is they are not organised before hand. But meh, that is just my view. GL with it.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Lexgrad wrote:There are no Garrosh supporters XD Also the point of revolutions and such like is they are not organised before hand. But meh, that is just my view. GL with it.

Yes, they are. If they want any hope of being successful, they need to be organized ("bureaucratization" is in fact the third stage of a social movement). The initial contempt and desire for change are indeed disorganized and spontaneous, yes, as is the initiating event (though even that is sometimes planned), but actually building and directing that energy into a successful social movement requires resources, a plan, and leaders.

Last edited by Drustai on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:55 pm; edited 5 times in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:18 pm

What do you know, Lex? You don't play on this realm, and when you do you don't play horde. You're being a provocative sour prick for the sake of being one. Everyone knows you're sour about defias brotherhood, please stop souring up our village well. We need that well.

As for vangrel, you're right, role-playing isn't about winning or losing. That doesn't mean stories don't have winning and losing sides. In this case, we already know what the losing side will be. You can't blame people for wanting to experience the canonically winning side of the story. Most will carry these experiences onward from here into the next expansion. I, for one, would like to make sure they will be worthwhile, and memorable.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Catari Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 pm

The Shatterskull are looking forward to be part of this metagaming plotline Smile

Hell, we just wanna have fun with rp'ing, and as long as those rp'ers we hang out with want the same, all is well. Our Korkron alt guild wont be forcing anyone else to bend over, and seems to me that that aint what Krogon is planning either.

Looking foward to this RP Krogon! Keep up the damn fine work!
Catari
Catari

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:23 pm

Drustai wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:There are no Garrosh supporters XD Also the point of revolutions and such like is they are not organised before hand. But meh, that is just my view. GL with it.

Yes, they are. If they want any hope of being successful, they need to be organized ("bureaucratization" is in fact the third stage of a social movement). The initial contempt and desire for change are indeed disorganized and spontaneous, yes, as is the initiating event (though even that is sometimes planned), but actually building and directing that energy into a successful social movement requires resources, a plan, and leaders.

What I mean Dru is there french revolution was not sorted out and ready to roll at the start of the second world war. It is still too early to be formally doing this, hell Vol'jin doesn't think it is time yet, why are we preempting him?

Also the sociologist in me must point out that the stages and theories of revolutions depend upon who you pay heed to really, different people argue different things, not to mention that they base their ideals on human experiences, not the hordes.

Finally shame on you for claming to know the mind of the Lexadin! Bad Deli!

Anyway that is all really Smile
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:32 pm

french revolution was not sorted out and ready to roll at the start of the second world war

What French revolution after the second world war?

What?

I'm not getting sucked into it, feel free to ignore. Drustai can be spokesperson.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:48 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:
french revolution was not sorted out and ready to roll at the start of the second world war

What French revolution after the second world war?

What?

I'm not getting sucked into it, feel free to ignore. Drustai can be spokesperson.

Clearly I mean the resistance against the Nazis rather than the bastille. But sure it clearly undermines my reasonable point.

Either way that point is made, please attack that rather than me, or feel free to ignore it. Ultimately it does not matter, it is just RP and as long as everyone has a good time that is all that matters.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:09 pm

Me and Bloodnose wrote a little story about how "the resistance" is effecting them. Years old friends, veterans of many wars, now find themselves in opposing camps...

http://www.defiasrp.com/t6720-a-meeting-of-friends
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:08 pm

A brilliant story Jahz man, loved it.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Thanks kroggles. <3
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:41 pm

but do we really need one?

What is the fun in role-playing a resistance that's resisting nobody but future patches and NPC's?

When SSM had several Hellscream loyalists that were turning on ORB, that provided interest and intrigue. It provided controversial role-play which continues story lines and plots.

Now, everybody is just sitting waiting for the next patch to come because we are all 'magically' aware what will happen next.

tl;dr There needs to be people role-playing Hellscream's supporters and chasing down those who have abandoned. I would like to see that become for a reality, even if it is with alter-ego characters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolerien Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:52 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote: There needs to be people role-playing Hellscream's supporters and chasing down those who have abandoned. I would like to see that become for a reality, even if it is with alter-ego characters.

I'm quite happy for the Kor'kron to simply arrive in Silvermoon and beat Abulos up, if he starts arguing against the word of Hellscream. Cos that'd be great RP to react to. So if the Kor'kron are out there (SSMs), you have my permission, if it's warrented, to be quite heavy-handed with Abulos.

I know it won't be everyones cup of tea, to essentially give the Kor'kron power over their characters, BUT, that's what it'd be like, I think. The Kor'kron would have the power, would have the authority to throw their weight around a bit. Don't want to offend anyone, but I think it'd be a bit like Nazi Germany, you wouldn't know who to trust, and the secret police could come and get you at any moment of the day or night.

To reitterate, then, do what you want with Ab if he starts mouthing off. I'd prefer him not to die just yet, obviously, but should the situation demand...

Anyone else up for this? Smile
Dolerien
Dolerien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next