Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H] Resistance - Against the Kor'kron and Hellscream

+20
Dolerien
erwtenpeller
Lexgrad
Catari
Samian/Bismack
Drustai
Zouyo
Feltrand
Jormus
Celistra
Xen-tau
Braiden
Vaell
Emrys
Seranita
Rmuffn
Grim
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Kristeas Sunbinder
Ixirar
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[H] Resistance - Against the Kor'kron and Hellscream - Page 2 Empty Re: [H] Resistance - Against the Kor'kron and Hellscream

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:13 pm

Here's a shocker for you; Meta-gaming is often a good thing. It allows us to setup greater, bigger and better executed story lines.

The characters don't know that Garrosh will ultimately fall, but they can see he's a douche. They can react to their observations.

Because we players know Garrosh will ultimately fall, we're able setup an initiative like this. We can start to role-play it with people that are interested in playing a resistance and slowly create a presence for it in the daily server-scape.

As blizzard rolls out the story, we can go with the flow immediately. Because you've positioned the pieces on the board, by the time patch hits and story progresses, you'll be able to jump right in.

There's also people out there playing the other side; playing the Kor'kron. Them knowing they're supposed to lose in the end is even better, that knowledge will be able to prevent a ton of drama, and ensure everyone involved will get a satisfying and fulfilling end, and closure to their story.

Go meta-gaming! Woo!

Oh yeah and this:
Izaa wrote:More interesting to see how you behave as if you had some kind of power to decide what people do.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[H] Resistance - Against the Kor'kron and Hellscream - Page 2 Empty Re: [H] Resistance - Against the Kor'kron and Hellscream

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:14 pm

You're missing the point.

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:16 pm

Then you have failed to communicate it. What is the point?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Izaa wrote:More interesting to see how you behave as if you had some kind of power to decide what people do.

thow may be harsh is kinda true you can be very forcefull at times Sad

tis not healthy for forum discussions Sad
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:22 pm

The role-play is being conducted and planned in such a manner that's envisioning some sort of victory. I am asking for that to be cut out and instead to be role-played as something that's imminently not having a great prospect of success. Even the initial outline is focused on victory.

Also, Faralan's attempt to jibe again is irrelevant. Why would I contest my point if I didn't believe it to be a good or fair point? I have also outlined that you're free to disregard what I say and continue as planned. I won't be backing away from the RP or not participating, I just feel that from my personal perspective it would be more realistic and have more flavor.

Are we not allowed to have opinions anymore Faralan?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:31 pm

Monrena wrote: anything else realy in this senario is just wasted digital text and from experiance of most discussions of this nature.. will not come to a universal closure where everyone agrees *nods with a smile* I now go back into shadows

I think the discussion has already reached this point with reguards to your oppinion and were going round in circles.. your point has been made and understood and im sure will be taken into consideration.. can we let the thread continue with its intended pourpouse?
there is afterall this: http://www.defiasrp.com/t4419-general-debate-thread] general debate thread
which was started just for this sort of discussion can we please move it there as supposed to cluttering threads? please? *gives puppy eyes*
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:12 pm

If I've understood correctly he just wants people to be more subtle and sneaky about it as it's a dangerous thing that's being done (To rise up against Garrosh). Getting caught and busted by a band of Kor'kron in the open does hurt!
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:14 pm

Gor'Thrak Frosthowl wrote:If I've understood correctly he just wants people to be more subtle and sneaky about it as it's a dangerous thing that's being done (To rise up against Garrosh). Getting caught by a band of Kor'kron in the open does hurt!

Yeah, that. But to also just, I suppose, not plan it as a victory, but plan it as something you don't know the end result of. Worry about losing, worry about gathering the right support, feel the pressure of working against a vicious dictator.

Watch Valkyre or something, it's brilliant for that sort of undercover intrigue and plotting.

As I have said multiple times though, I like the idea and support it either way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:43 pm

I personally believe characters can decide for themselves if they believe their conquests to have any chance of succes. A visionary with a crazy plan that is very unlikely to be successful can still for 100% believe that he -will- in fact succeed.

There's optimists, pessimists and realists (and likely many more flavors) in how these plans would be perceived. Smile It seems a tad silly to demand a certain way of roleplaying all of this.

Edit: And Krogon, the Vengeful would be happy to hear from you, I am on a break from the game myself, but you can give Solanum a poke. Very Happy
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet
Name: Emrys Sunwing
Title: Priestess

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:00 pm

I support the idea as it'll create a lot more rp for you and your fellow BMen, but I can't help but to think that it'll be too heavily motivated by the fact you know Garrosh will be overthrown. If he kept Koz alive, that is probably because he is a leader, if he caught anyone lesser - I'm not dictating anyone's rp - but I tihnk people should be prepared for consiquences to RP the Kor'kron position successfully. If one is caught conspiring against Garrosh, expect a lot of weight off your shoulders..!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:02 pm

That (hopefully) goes without saying.

But it works both ways. Delidah lost her life (partly) because she was a Kor'kron supporter.

In the end, the players dictate the story. If the majority of the players want to play anti-garrosh characters... Well. The server is going to have a strong anti-garrosh vibe. /shrug
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm

Well, the story is made in such a way that players (Or somewhat normal characters) are more or less lead into the direction of misliking Garrosh in the current situation. Then you've those who benefit from it and/or are loyal, such as the Kor'kron, who typically become the enemy party. It's not really surprising, I was expecting it more than anything.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:28 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:
In the end, the players dictate the story.
Actually, the game dictates it. We craft mini-stories around the game, which is where my concern comes in. They could turn around and say that Garrosh is forgiven eventually and maintains his position or the person who overthrows him executes anyone who stood against him just because their rebellion proved troublesome to the horde, etc.

All I'm saying is, don't throw all your eggs into one basket with the information "Garrosh is going to be a raid boss." as we have no idea how it'll all turn out yet.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:47 pm

*Creates a Kor'kron super squad with alts just to fuck up the resistance*

Anyhow, good luck with this... shame there will likely be surprisingly little resistance to the resistance from the player base tough!
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:58 pm

shame there will likely be surprisingly little resistance to the resistance from the player base tough!
From what I've seen many of us (Or atleast OotRB and SSM) have had quite some trouble with the Kor'kron already.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:55 pm

Vaell wrote:I support the idea as it'll create a lot more rp for you and your fellow BMen, but I can't help but to think that it'll be too heavily motivated by the fact you know Garrosh will be overthrown. If he kept Koz alive, that is probably because he is a leader, if he caught anyone lesser - I'm not dictating anyone's rp - but I tihnk people should be prepared for consiquences to RP the Kor'kron position successfully. If one is caught conspiring against Garrosh, expect a lot of weight off your shoulders..!

This is really all I have been saying.

Alas, I am but a troll. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolerien Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:18 am

Where did that Kor'kron initiative vanish too? Did that just die? Cause it would be an awesome counterpart to this.

P.S. Count Ab in.
Dolerien
Dolerien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:56 am

What I do like to point out is this...

No matter how great the resistance, we still need to be subtle about it. I have seen a few times how people openly say they are against the Warchief, and that he should be overthrown.

Such comments should have you at least on a watchlist, if not kill-list... This RP works, when done subtle.
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:46 am

I formed a kor'kron guild just for the tabard and guild tag. They're called the Blades of Hellscream. I've been using it to torment the Marauders but I'm wary of having a centralised kor'kron guild going around kicking up shitstorms with guilds I don't know.

We can't escape meta gaming to an extent here, but as stated previously we should still be roleplaying the resistance as underground so far. Getting louder but still underground.

And its not all in the rebel's favour anyway. I know a fair few roleplayers whose characters are die-hard Garrosh loyalists and my own main can't make up his mind.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:05 am

Vaell wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:
In the end, the players dictate the story.
Actually, the game dictates it.
You're right. I should have said "the players dictate the angle."
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Celistra Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:16 am

Celi spoke out against Hellscream before I know anything about im falling, and will continue to do so, mostly not in public:-P

Would like to be involved
Celistra
Celistra

Character sheet
Name: Celistra Silverstrike
Title: Captain of Sin Belore, Councilor of War of Silvermoon

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:22 am

Now that I think about it, you could probably get Jahzeem involved too, but he's terrified of the Kor'kron :<
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:05 pm

my own main can't make up his mind.
The Tribe/Clan/or in our case Warband comes infront of anything in importance, old man Orc says! Wink

You can give Gor'Thrak a poke if you ever need a Death Knight, the Chieftain did say kill the Kor'kron after all.. Very Happy
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Good to see so much positive feedback!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:13 pm

a double post, but a BUMP All the same.

Its never too late to get involved, and sorry to some if i haven't gotten to you yet, its a like a mine-field out there! an Orc's gotta watch his step!

More and more are joining the resistance each week, message me here on the forum or in game if you ant to take part!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next