Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H] Resistance - Against the Kor'kron and Hellscream

+20
Dolerien
erwtenpeller
Lexgrad
Catari
Samian/Bismack
Drustai
Zouyo
Feltrand
Jormus
Celistra
Xen-tau
Braiden
Vaell
Emrys
Seranita
Rmuffn
Grim
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Kristeas Sunbinder
Ixirar
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[H] Resistance - Against the Kor'kron and Hellscream Empty [H] Resistance - Against the Kor'kron and Hellscream

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:59 pm

Right, i'l keep this to the point as i'd preffer anything that is planned or done to be kept IC and hidden away too for various reason.

I'm organising a Resistance movement from the perspective of the Blademasters, attempting to gain support covertly for opposing Hellscream and the kor'kron.

How am i going to do this? it will mainly be covert activity's, hidden diplomacy, shady dealings, and sabotaging the kor'kron.

So what do i need? well...

1] Anyone wishing to RP a Blademaster, part of the circle mentioned in a story i wrote in the IC section. preferably ones willing to follow my own version of the hero class, and only 4-5 of them at most! their purpose will be spear heading this hidden revolution.

2] other hero classess, paladins, arch mages and so forth to contact me, so i can contact -them- IC!

3] Kor'kron opposition, contact me via PM's or whispers and lets sort something!

4] people to keep calm! This wont be some mad rush to storm Orgrimmar. Everything will be done in calm, ordered stages in accordance with the relative Patch/story progression. its a battle for hearts and minds, not guts and gore!

And thats about it, if your interested, contact me via PM's and whispers!

(( Alslo, heres the related story! - The Burning Blade - The Beginning ))
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

[H] Resistance - Against the Kor'kron and Hellscream Empty Re: [H] Resistance - Against the Kor'kron and Hellscream

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:38 pm

Can I sign scuzy up for this?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[H] Resistance - Against the Kor'kron and Hellscream Empty Re: [H] Resistance - Against the Kor'kron and Hellscream

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:41 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Can I sign scuzy up for this?

you most definatly can.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 pm

KoL for the time being will stay on the sidelines and continue accusing the Cult of treason while themselves thinking of a decision.

Interesting role-play however and I shall be, fascinated by how the expansions open up the fall of Garrosh and how the role-play will progress alongside it.

Since when Krogon and Tazzak were leaving, I was on the verge of arresting them both for treason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:06 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:KoL for the time being will stay on the sidelines and continue accusing the Cult of treason while themselves thinking of a decision.

Interesting role-play however and I shall be, fascinated by how the expansions open up the fall of Garrosh and how the role-play will progress alongside it.

Since when Krogon and Tazzak were leaving, I was on the verge of Trying to arrest them both for treason.

there, better.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:
Vangrel Lansire wrote:KoL for the time being will stay on the sidelines and continue accusing the Cult of treason while themselves thinking of a decision.

Since when Krogon and Tazzak were leaving, I was on the verge of Trying to arrest them both for treason.

there, better.

Did you just correct him for making an implied hypothetical god emote?
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:

there, better.

I was implying it would of been met with a suprising degree of resistance.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:18 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:
Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:

there, better.

A surprising degree of resistance from Krogon, wouldn't that mean none at all?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:20 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:
Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:

there, better.

A surprising degree of resistance from Krogon, wouldn't that mean none at all?

...I see what you did there. And I hate how it makes perfect sense x _x''
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:27 pm

Viva la resistance!

Might be up for this depending on how what happens from now on IC goes.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:46 pm

I have a general question.

Would there still be resistance if you didn't know Garrosh would eventually fall?

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:29 am

Yes there would. The Kor'Kron in the lore are being pretty mean and Garrosh has clearly become brain damaged somewhere along the line.
Neither are signs of a healthy, happy Horde.

Grim won't join, he's missing.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:10 am

Grim wrote:Yes there would. The Kor'Kron in the lore are being pretty mean and Garrosh has clearly become brain damaged somewhere along the line.
Neither are signs of a healthy, happy Horde.

Grim won't join, he's missing.
Fuck off! HEIL HELLSCREAM!
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:43 am

Very Happy
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:47 am

Krogon Devilstep wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:Can I sign scuzy up for this?

you most definatly can.
You know where to reach me, Krogman.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:04 pm

I'l come bother you soon.

And Vangrel raises a rather valid question, the answer is Yes i probably would of... But i'd of been much more reserved and hidden about it. in knowing the end result, we can make a fun initiative for the whole horde community.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:10 pm

Well, when we write history essays we're told to see it from the time of the event and nothing after. I think, this is advice I can give you right now. See this rebellion/upstart from this point on and completely ignore the fact that Garrosh does indeed get ousted.

The reason why Vangrel did not aid you is because it seemed extremely open, outlandish and well, out of nowhere really. It just feels too sudden to jump on a band wagon when ICly we don't know if we will win or not, and that Orgrimmar has one of the most efficient armies in Azeroth alongside the kor'kron breathing down the necks of the Forsaken.

Eliminate the fact that you know the outcome and your RP and those you involve in it shall be extremely more interesting, secretive and fascinating. Because I highlight, we don't know that Garrosh is being ousted and we those are the lines this should be played out along.

Rather than focusing on knowing the end result!

Good luck, KoL and whatever other Forsaken rally around us will stay on the sidelines and watch who joins which side and ICly go along with whatever happens, but at the moment, we're nowhere near convinced of helping out two very outspoken orcs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:54 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:I have a general question.

Would there still be resistance if you didn't know Garrosh would eventually fall?

i can add a side not to this.. I started a horde pandarian on another server a while back which lay abandond and forgotten.. when uppon entering garrosh's war room he is very quick to make the new pandarian feel small and very firm in saying that if they ever saw there friends aliance side that they should be killed.. this will be gut wrenching to most pandarian as is shown with the npc pandarians reaction that follows you.. and the wish to leave the horde ic would be great but they know they would get killed for treason dispite only just joining.. this I can only assume would help raise discontent amongst the horde pandarian and something that could thus spread.. emagain if a pandarian went to the marauders in there current anti korkorn feeling and saying his/her story of how he was forced to never see his family/friends again? these stories alone would upset any of the less violent horde races... tauren espeshialy i suspect

rable over Very Happy
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Monrena says it true.

From the forsaken perspective its just the usual "kor'kron in our city, being bastards" routine.

For other races, like the sindorei, Orc's, tauren, Trolls... things have gone down a side road much faster.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:19 pm

Doesn't really answer my question on the retrospective approach that's being taken.

Edited for clarification.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:30 pm

I think i know where your geting at Van

your basicaly saying..

knowlege we know = garrosh falls therefire rp'ers know fututre result therefore we go ic rebelious perhaps earlear than would happen naturaly threw course of discontent

therefore we can state as we know the populous is unhappy.. and as we know populous will win.. riots become a certainti

whereas it should be...

we know populous is unhappy.. tyrant is strong and growing unstable.. thus the populous should growo more fearfull and as a result will only riot once shit realy hits the fan overall..

Am i correct in this assumpsion you are trying to make?
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:33 pm

I honestly don't get what the problem is, Vangrel. Is there even a problem?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Okay. I will summarize it:

Garrosh's downfall is being metagamed to coincide with rising against him openly.

Can it not be metagamed so we have a more realistic setting behind the scenario and instead of "knowing the end result" we shouldn't KNOW the end result, that's not how it works.

Do any of you see into the future IC to tell us exactly that Garrosh falls? No. Sure, there's some people who disagree with his tyrant-like rule, the Forsaken are one of the races that hate him the most. The Troll's now too, but we have Kor'Kron everywhere, backed with a massive and aggressive army.

Monrena you were close to it but not fully close. The knowledge that he falls should not be used whatsoever to direct or realize the role-play. This idea is good, I like it, I enjoy it, it will lead to interesting and productive RP. But the factor of OOC knowledge about Garrosh dying needs to be removed so you can actually RP building a resistance much more subtly than the way I have seen it so far.

Otherwise, folks are not going to jump on this suspicious band-wagon against one of the most powerful and autocratic Warchief's the Horde has ever had.

tl;dr Cut out the OOC knowledge of Garrosh's demise and RP it from there.

Edit: You don't have to take my advice, at all, you can disregard it and I shall not post again. But I am not trying to rain on the parade in any shape and form and the suggestion I have is credible and legitimate and I hope you too Krogon see it as such.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:02 pm

I understand i think and I understand your frustration but its the matter of fact we roleplayers have aleways known the future of the story long befor we should know ic.. this knowlege will alwyas be there in our subconcious minds weather we like it or not.. so even without realising.. we will all meta game to some point or others.... some more and others less... you will never be able to get away from it, that is simply just human sociology and sphycology

my best advice is simply just go with the flow... I used to be like you in the fact that meta gaming is inherently evil and must never be done but in the long run all that did was limit my own rp and cause potential upset (thow there is none here yet I can forsee some happening if this paticular discussion continues)

it basicaly boils to this

Go with the flow /or/ do not get involved with that patucular rp event,guild,organisation,etc

Smile anything else realy in this senario is just wasted digital text and from experiance of most discussions of this nature.. will not come to a universal closure where everyone agrees *nods with a smile* I now go back into shadows

Last edited by Monrena on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:02 pm

Dude, you really need to play some end game anyway.

There's alot of reasons for resistance.

More interesting to see how you behave as if you had some kind of power to decide what people do.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next