Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Stormwind Council - open positions & contact info

+23
Jeanpierre
Sullee Swiftspeech
Braiden
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Skarain
Nevarda
Gogol
Ledgic
Vaell
Aluvielle
Cadaemus
Zinkle Figgins
Lexgrad
Geldar
Magaskawee/Anaei
Melnerag
Demurral
Cathee Norris
Rhenchu
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Mandui
Aleric
Valerias
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Stormwind Council - open positions & contact info Empty The Stormwind Council - open positions & contact info

Post by Valerias Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Hi folks. As many of you know, the Stormwind Council has had pretty quiet meetings lately, and indeed the whole character of Stormwind RP has been up and down lately. So, we thought it was about time to update you all on the current make-up of the Council, including the open council positions.

We would really like to hear your thoughts, have your input, get some fresh blood into the Council, and make it an interesting part of the City's roleplay once again. So, have a look over this, and please direct any applications to the thread in the Stormwind Council subsection here. Cheers, DB.

==

The Stormwind Council

Since nearly the beginning of Defias Brotherhood's existence, the Stormwind Council has played a role in coordinating RP, providing immersion and realism for the setting by allowing for a player-based governing body, and offering a central base for those interested in Stormwind RP.

While the Council has operated at varying levels of efficiency over the years, and has had its share of drama, poor RP, ineffective councillors, confusion, and any number of other things one might wish to name, it remains a cornerstone of Stormwind RP.

However, no matter how much work the Council members do or don't put into their seats, to stay interesting, worthwhile, and productive, the councillors also need the help of and communication with the rest of the community. That comes in two ways - general communication, ways of doing which are suggested below, and applying for council seats.

Open Council Positions

The current council positions are (consider the 'job descriptions' as IC information):

1. Justice. This minister is responsible for defining and upholding the laws of Stormwind. He may aid in the revision of laws and work closely with the Grand Magistrate to ensure that these laws and trials and punishments related to them are upheld fairly.

2. Culture. This minister coordinates cultural festivals, events, and projects for the betterment of the kingdom. Though he may wish to work closely with foreign affairs and education, the minister is mainly responsible for events that would interest the local population, especially in hard times of war and famine.

3) Health. This minister is responsible for the well-being of the population of the Kingdom of Stormwind, ensuring that health standards are maintained, that the population is healthy, and that plagues and deceases are not spreading. They may also work with priests, doctors, and others within the kingdom who have talent in medicine and healing.

4) Education. This minister is responsible for the education of the population of Stormwind, as well as for hosting educational events for the community. This ministry makes sure that the citizens are educated in all the aspects required to be a civilised citizen, which include: Reading, writing, basic mathematics, art of war (each where relevant to a person's social standing) and other special disciplines.

Filled positions:
Spoiler:

Please apply!

Communicating with the Council OOC

Here on this forum, there's an entire section devoted to the council -- we hope that people will use it even more than they have in the past to ask questions, pose ideas, and make suggestions. Councillors are also only a PM or in-game mail away.

Communicating with the Council IC

The Stormwind Council meets every Tuesday night at 21:00 server time. If you can't make the meeting, or your character has a more private matter to discuss, by all means send an in-game mail. We look forward to hearing from you - but please remember that councillors, like guild leaders, event organisers, and everyone else, are lab rats in the big maze of RL. Be patient with us.

Thank you for reading!

Also, for contact purposes, here is an updated list of the current councillors:

Chairlady - Rohwyn Leomin
Culture - open
Defence - Eloresh Silversmith
Education - open
Faith - Fortesgue Witherthorpe
Foreign Affairs - Elegost Dawnweaver
Health - open
Internal Affairs - Jarric Buckholme
Justice - open
Magic - Rufias Nargrandus
Trade - Humphry Beaumont
War - Geldar Angelos

Shadow Cabinet (SI:7)

Moderator Comment: this thread is meant for discussion related to Council-positions and applications. Any other discussion should be taken to the appropriate thread .This per Valerias' request.

Last edited by Valerias on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 13 times in total
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

The Stormwind Council - open positions & contact info Empty Re: The Stormwind Council - open positions & contact info

Post by Aleric Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:42 pm

It doesn't say what the Ministers of Trade and Internal Affairs are expected to do for the community. While those roles make sense IC, what do they do OOC?
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aleric Dylain
Title: Knight

Back to top Go down

The Stormwind Council - open positions & contact info Empty Stormwind Council Discussion

Post by Mandui Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:46 pm

Aisling wrote:It doesn't say what the Ministers of Trade and Internal Affairs are expected to do for the community. While those roles make sense IC, what do they do OOC?
Trade is handling building vacancies, permits, and obviously trade. Anything that involves economy, logistics and profit, so their RP and events (market, trade trips, supplies sent to battlefields etc.) revolve around that.

Internal affairs is more about the council functioning properly and less about the community in terms of events.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

The Stormwind Council - open positions & contact info Empty Re: The Stormwind Council - open positions & contact info

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:09 pm

You should make a Minister for Propeganda and Enlightenment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:30 pm

If I wasn't so busy currently, I'd totally apply for the Minister of Internal Affairs.
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhenchu Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:08 am

Oi! Do you boys allow Dwarves? If so I'd like to sign up for the Assistant Culture thing... Or Internal Affairs. ^^
Rhenchu
Rhenchu

Character sheet
Name: Rhenchu
Title: Brewmaster of Kalimdor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:40 am

If the dwarf in question is a citizen of Stormwind, then please feel free to apply!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

The Stormwind Council - open positions & contact info Empty SWCouncil

Post by Rhenchu Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:41 pm

Wonderful! I'll brew up an IC letter then!
Rhenchu
Rhenchu

Character sheet
Name: Rhenchu
Title: Brewmaster of Kalimdor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:46 am

Razlow wrote:Oi! Do you boys allow Dwarves? If so I'd like to sign up for the Assistant Culture thing... Or Internal Affairs. ^^

YES! Please gief assistant! bounce
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:00 am

please note, i've already applied for the role of Minister of Trade on Nayru (i've posted it directly to the Council forums, I think Very Happy )
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:02 am

Yeah, I wasn't sure if the others discussed the matter in game, so just brought it up for discussion on the forum. Should be a response to yourself very soon Very Happy
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:06 am

ah, lovely. wasn't sure who to send one to ingame, i spoke to the paladin chap before, but can't remember his name.. was called Commander, followed by that Dranei chick.... gunnel or garodin or sommat with a G.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:13 am

Sorry for confusion, Saihna and myself were modding this at the same time. So I moved it to General chat, to which I referred in my mod-post, while she moved it to SW-council thing Very Happy

PS: all moderation-requests and confusion-related posts deleted. Link added to my moderator-comment. Moderator comment moved into OP.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:29 pm

Razlow wrote:Oi! Do you boys allow Dwarves? If so I'd like to sign up for the Assistant Culture thing... Or Internal Affairs. ^^

YUS! Moar non-humans. Just make sure your Dwarf is a citizen of STormwind like my Vezzy!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Calen/Flint[Domovoi] wrote:ah, lovely. wasn't sure who to send one to ingame, i spoke to the paladin chap before, but can't remember his name.. was called Commander, followed by that Dranei chick.... gunnel or garodin or sommat with a G.

Thats me, hi. Your application is already being discussed on our boards!
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:52 am

We're very happy to have Nayru among us doing a trial period as the Minister of Trade! Internal Affairs, Education, and the Culture assistant spot are all still available.

A suggestion, also, that I've been mulling over lately: It's understandable if not everyone wants to take up a minister position, but surely many people are interested in a little politicking. If you find the open seats not to your taste, why not go to a minister in an area you do fancy, and say 'Look here, I am the most awesomely skilled person you will ever find in trade/health/basketweaving, you should take me on as an assistant.'

Whether your character's motives are pure or purely for the sake of gaining some influence, could be fun, right? I think all of us ministers would be happy to see some more RP surrounding the political aspect of the council aside from just the meetings. So by all means, get involved in small ways if you aren't gunning for a seat. Lobby us. Annoy us. Suck up to us. Help make politics the tangled web that it should be, for it could provide some fun RP.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:12 am

The trial period is not just for us in the Council either. If you're unsure, try it out! See how you feel during the trial period and then decide whether or not you want to join fully after the four weeks.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:41 pm

The position for Minister of Health is now open, as Rentarn is taking a break from the game. Check the OP for details!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:30 pm

With the recent departure of Eselan Leomin from the council, the position for Minister of Defence is now vacant.

Should you be a citizen in good standing with experience in leadership, guardwork, and/or military affairs, you may send an application for the seat to the Stormwind Council.

--Updated OP with details.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:11 pm

I will send an IC letter Also.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:46 pm

Damn... If I were active at the moment, I'd go for that council seat Very Happy
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue May 31, 2011 12:59 pm

Le upward nudge. Did a bit of updating.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:47 pm

Updated stuff. We're welcoming Rentarn back, and two new ministers in our midst - Aleric and Hodain!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:28 pm

Updated! Heath, Trade, Internal Affairs, and Education are all still taking applications.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:19 pm

Valerias wrote:Updated! Heath, Trade, Internal Affairs, and Education are all still taking applications.
*raises his hand*

I've sent mine a couple of weeks ago, let me know.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next