Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IC] An Open Letter to the People of Stormwind on Justice

5 posters

Go down

[IC] An Open Letter to the People of Stormwind on Justice Empty [IC] An Open Letter to the People of Stormwind on Justice

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:48 am

*Letters, akin to the ones on Charity are found in the libraries, churches and educational places in Stormwind*

People of Stormwind,

What is justice? Is it reserved for the higher class to dole out as they see fit? Or is it a universal ideal that promises us retribution against those who wrong us? Tonight I witnessed a display or horrendous magnitudes. The Grand Magistrate Mistmantle dueled another noble woman who had commited crimes against his house. I am informed this is 'how things are done', that nobles may have their barbaric trials of combat, I am not at odds with that, although I find it ridiculous. My problem is as follows, the noblewoman had civil charges against her, she was slain in that duel. Is only His Lordship Baron Mistmantle entitled to justice? Do the people of Stormwind, the 'common' people as we are, not deserve our share?

In this Kingdom we have a great justice system, you are judged fairly by your fellow subjects, under the King's law. This woman, I was told, in her death she had paid for her crimes. However, as far as I recall, she had not been to trial, she had not been found guilty by a jury and judge of said crimes. It has come to the point where one man is judge, jury and executioner it seems.

I would never speak against the King's law, however when it is subverted for someone's sick sense of honour I feel it is my job, nay my duty to inform you, the people never to suffer this injustice. Never to simply accept something because 'that is how it is done'. Tonight we were robbed of our right to justice, that woman may have been guilty, she may not have been. The fact that this 'trial by combat' did not follow her civil judgement truly makes me wonder whether the aristocracy are beginning to forget that they to, are within the law. No one, is above it, not Magistrate, Minister, Monarch or Miser. No one.

You have been robbed this night, an example of how justice is molested behind the back of the simple man,

King's Honour and Light's Grace,
Professor V.R. Astroloxia,
Minister of Education and Subject of His Majesty's Law.

Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

[IC] An Open Letter to the People of Stormwind on Justice Empty Re: [IC] An Open Letter to the People of Stormwind on Justice

Post by Lexgrad Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:00 am

((Una would like to link this http://www.defiasrp.com/t4911-ic-exile-order-for-the-ebon-shroud and point out the hyprocacy of your open letter after Exile on death was summery issued without trial, evidance bar heresay or any oppotunity of rebuttle. He has receved neither letter however))
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[IC] An Open Letter to the People of Stormwind on Justice Empty Re: [IC] An Open Letter to the People of Stormwind on Justice

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:04 am

Lexgrad wrote:((Una would like to link this http://www.defiasrp.com/t4911-ic-exile-order-for-the-ebon-shroud and point out the hyprocacy of your open letter after Exile on death was summery issued without trial, evidance bar heresay or any oppotunity of rebuttle. He has receved neither letter however))

((And are you maybe making this an out of character issue with the wrong person? Vezullia was made a minister last week, the same week the exile was announced. There is no hypocrisy through her, she was just the scribe. Don't shoot the messenger.

I'll also add on, no matter what I post with the bracets [IC], I mean it. It's in character. It does not reflect my personal view. Me and Braiden get on well, as far as I know anyway! This isn't an attack at him, it's my character attacking his character's actions. I just want to clarify that, I know its long-winded but I feel like I have to remind everyone just in case it erupts into nonsensical drama.))
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:30 am

((Kill him, kill the Grand Magistrate!))
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:59 am

A letter of response sent to the same places, attatched to the open letters is delivered shortly after the first letter is distributed.

To Minister V.R. Astroloxia and the people of Stormwind

Duels to the very death, especially amongst the privilidged has been done since the founding of the Kingdom. We carry a proud legacy of tradition that should and will be carried on to comming generations. With that said I would ask if it is by chance or deliberatly you forget to mention that the one challenged has the right to decline and be put to justice in court? Another fact worth to mention is that Lady Renatha Malenie Vanimedle had confessed to all of the charges put up against her prematurely, she would not have been spared from her additional charges should I have been defeated either.

You also state that death is not enough to punish this individual, perhaps you would have prefered endless torture or torture before death? Your opinions seems truely barbarious, apparently not even death is enough to pay for crimes against the Kingdom or myself. Even if this individual was to face death in court, which I admit was a possibility considering her crimes, does it truely matter who acts as the executioner? What matters is simple, the people of Stormwind, myself included saw justice be done with the death of a horrendus criminal that I am ashamed to even recognize as nobility.

Another note is that if I where a less tolerant man I would see the insults you direct to myself as an act of sedition and prusue justice, however it stands clear to me that petty and frankly pathetic attempts to turn the people against its courts, nobility and by extension our beloved King is not worth the effort. It is shameful to see one of his Majestys Ministers lower herself to this. Should continued provocative actions and words occur however, I will be forced to take action despite my wish to keep the matter civil.

Kings Honor
Baron Braiden Arthur Bernard Mistmantle,
Grand Magistrate of Stormwind, Speaker of the House of Nobles
and subject to His Majestys law.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:31 pm

(( Braiden is a boss. ))
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:42 pm

Another letter, distributed as before.

"His Lordship, The Baron Mistmantle,

After much reflection, prayer and consultation I have seen it wise to recant my words, and to formally, publicly and personally apologize to you for my strong and temper-filled words. I came to Stormwind for a city of opportunity, soon I saw myself as a Stormwinder. I did not make the connection this meant I was not and will never be human. If His majesty sees what has transpired to be in his laws, it is not for me to disagree.

I hope you accept my apology, and I would thank the light for the revelation and for the chance to apologize for my actions,

Light's grace,
Prof. V.R Astroloxia,
Minister of Education.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:12 pm

((One of the public letters can be seen, sligthly edited, with all words but a chosen few rendered unreadable by red paint

To Minister V.R. Astroloxia and the people of Stormwind

Duels to the very death, especially amongst the privilidged has been done since the founding of the Kingdom. We carry a proud legacy of tradition that should and will be carried on to comming generations. With that said I would ask if it is by chance or deliberatly you forget to mention that the one challenged has the right to decline and be put to justice in court? Another fact worth to mention is that Lady Renatha Malenie Vanimedle had confessed to all of the charges put up against her prematurely, she would not have been spared from her additional charges should I have been defeated either.

You also state that death is not enough to punish this individual, perhaps you would have prefered endless torture or torture before death? Your opinions seems truely barbarious, apparently not even death is enough to pay for crimes against the Kingdom or myself. Even if this individual was to face death in court, which I admit was a possibility considering her crimes, does it truely matter who acts as the executioner? What matters is simple, the people of Stormwind, myself included saw justice be done with the death of a horrendus criminal that I am ashamed to even recognize as nobility.

Another note is that if I where a less tolerant man I would see the insults you direct to myself as an act of sedition and prusue justice, however it stands clear to me that petty and frankly pathetic attempts to turn the people against its courts, nobility and by extension our beloved King is not worth the effort. It is shameful to see one of his Majestys Ministers lower herself to this. Should continued provocative actions and words occur however, I will be forced to take action despite my wish to keep the matter civil.
Kings Honor
Baron Braiden Arthur Bernard Mistmantle,
Grand Magistrate of Stormwind, Speaker of the House of Nobles
and subject to
His Majestys law.
))

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down