Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Stormwind Council - open positions & contact info

+23
Jeanpierre
Sullee Swiftspeech
Braiden
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Skarain
Nevarda
Gogol
Ledgic
Vaell
Aluvielle
Cadaemus
Zinkle Figgins
Lexgrad
Geldar
Magaskawee/Anaei
Melnerag
Demurral
Cathee Norris
Rhenchu
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Mandui
Aleric
Valerias
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Stormwind Council - open positions & contact info - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stormwind Council - open positions & contact info

Post by Valerias Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Well apologies folks, it's been a long time since this was updated, but the information is current once again.

We've had some great applicants recently, and are encouraging more fresh blood toward the council.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

The Stormwind Council - open positions & contact info - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stormwind Council - open positions & contact info

Post by Cadaemus Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:11 am

A question... Minister of education is all well and good ICly and in server-lore, but OOCly, and when it comes to the actual Roleplay, in my knowledge, there's no school guild for the minister to boss around. Could you elaborate on what that role actually involves?
Cadaemus
Cadaemus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:46 pm

To be honest I'm not sure if we've ever -had- one XD

My suggestion if anyone wanted to the role would be to organise some classes on different subjects - not maths, obviously, unless we have anyone masquerading as brilliant professors, but find people who would wish to do a short thing about music, or about the Light, or about history.

While you're right that it's not the most broad of posts, there's room for some creativity that could lead to characters being able to showcase their knowledge.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:41 pm

[IC]

Unfortunately for the Stormwind Council, our newest minister Gothric Ironfist has been called to serve elsewhere in a command post in the Alliance army. As such, the position for Minister of Defense is once again vacant.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluvielle Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:41 am

[OOC]

Although i am very certain that - infact completely certain that - there are many better applicants. Ones with greater knowledge, experience and guile; i would place my name forward, purely OOC for any such position the council would see fit to place me in. I do this becuase i would love to take a more active role within the RP community, and although (with the release of other MMO's) my game time has been recently rather shaky, i am now back on track and willing to commit fully.

Should there be a position, such as minister of education, which has a less significant role as far as RP goes, then i would be more than happy to step forwards, should no betters be interested in such a thing.

Thank you.

Last edited by Shakiri on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:43 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Stated it was OOC)
Aluvielle
Aluvielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:37 am

I find myself lacking RP a lot of the time on Alliance, so I think I'll apply for something out there! A mage is always needed in politics.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:28 am

Shakiri wrote:[OOC]

Although i am very certain that - infact completely certain that - there are many better applicants. Ones with greater knowledge, experience and guile; i would place my name forward, purely OOC for any such position the council would see fit to place me in. I do this becuase i would love to take a more active role within the RP community, and although (with the release of other MMO's) my game time has been recently rather shaky, i am now back on track and willing to commit fully.

Should there be a position, such as minister of education, which has a less significant role as far as RP goes, then i would be more than happy to step forwards, should no betters be interested in such a thing.

Thank you.

We don't take OOC applications. It's nice to know you're interested, but you'll need to put forward an IC application from whichever character you're looking to apply on.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluvielle Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:41 am

Okay will do, thanks.
Aluvielle
Aluvielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:43 am

I would like to know if it would be possible to create a new seat?

What I had in mind was something like
"Honoured Great Everliving Senator-Minister"

And it would of course be open for application for both dead and alive characters. If this would be considered, I would consider applying.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Nevarda Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:27 pm

*Starts typing up her application IC and runs to the mailbox* Wh-what... wait! Who am I sending this too? Razz
Nevarda
Nevarda

Character sheet
Name: Nevarda Marianna
Title: Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nevarda Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:28 pm

"TYPING!" ARGH... she would obviously write/elegantly scrawl :S
Nevarda
Nevarda

Character sheet
Name: Nevarda Marianna
Title: Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:31 pm

Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Shakiri - aye, we appreciate that you want to join but it all really depends on the character as well!

Gogol - definitely, making a position for you right away kk

Skarain - thank you!! That, folks, is indeed the place to apply.

And to everybody - cheers for the interest, we'll be happy to have some fresh blood once again.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Seats of culture, education, health and trade are positions I often see vacant. Is it maybe because people think they are boring seats? Is it perhaps needed for someone to elaborate on those seats to make them seem more appealing to them or...maybe they can be replaced by more interesting seats?

I'm not sure how anyways...was merely a thought.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:48 pm

There are applicants for education, culture and trade currently at least. Frankly all of the seats has a lot of potential, if people doesn't see it there's not much to be done to be honest.

I personally would have found health interesting if I played a priest/doctor/medic character. Plagues spreading, arranging lectures in various medical areas and so on... the possibilities for "health" RP are many.

Trade has possibilities of arranging market days, traders "guilds" (not as an actual WoW-guild but you know), trade routes and so on.

Education could go with educational RP such as starting schools, providing books, having lectures on various subjects and so on.

Culture can arrange events in conjunction with the various seasons such as festivals, history lectures, art exibits... you name it.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Great about the new applicants, and yep that's indeed good stuff. Looking forward to what these applicants have in mind
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:40 pm

To inform you, I am no longer looking to become minister of Trade on my alt Oldee. My schedule is simply not 'constant' enough to be able to come on for meetings frequent enough. Apologies.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:52 pm

As Elegost has decided no longer to play the game, Foreign Affairs is now open. Updated the original post.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:22 am

Braiden wrote:
I personally would have found health interesting if I played a priest/doctor/medic character. Plagues spreading, arranging lectures in various medical areas and so on... the possibilities for "health" RP are many.

I feel it's more tricky than that. You'd need to make events where "victims" appear to have something to do. Lectures can be boring for a long-term, continuous plan.
Personally, I would enrich this role with:
- Practical training in first aid or medical procedures
- Practical training in medical alchemy
- Organizing medical conventions (where everyone gets a say and act like a posh, important doctor)
- Organizing trips to one particular group of doctors to specialize in a domain. For example, one could organize a trip to a brand new, experimental Gnomish 'reviving center' where they try to shock various people back to life... Now all they need is a test subject that's willing to flatline for a brief moment.

But especially... I would include this role in military efforts. Arranging medical stuff, simply because, well... what else can you do?

Braiden wrote:
Education could go with educational RP such as starting schools, providing books, having lectures on various subjects and so on.

Schools are a bit of a vague concept. What building will you use? Who will play teachers? Who will play students? Lectures often end up boring IRL. It's hard to make it fun in RP. I mean... we all hate that teacher that goes over happy and over enthusiastic about their own subject and believe their subject to be the most interesting thing in the world Very Happy
So unless you RP a caricature of that, it's a challenge to make this fun.

I would give this role more spark by adding more conflict to it:
- Censorship
- Re-education of criminals, convicted to such
- Keeping a library, but this didn't work out so brilliantly in the past. It probably needs to be combined with:
- Knowledge gathering, and laying out rules on who is permitted to what knowledge.

Braiden wrote:
Culture can arrange events in conjunction with the various seasons such as festivals, history lectures, art exibits... you name it.

Lectures.. again.. aren't the biggest key to success. The others are good suggestions. I'd add to the list:
- Balls
- Circus
- Theatre
- Banquets
- Choir/Music
Basically, organizing things for nobility... to which the common people are sometimes permitted to join.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:56 am

Jeanpierre/Ragnilde wrote:
Braiden wrote:

Schools are a bit of a vague concept. What building will you use? Who will play teachers? Who will play students? Lectures often end up boring IRL. It's hard to make it fun in RP. I mean... we all hate that teacher that goes over happy and over enthusiastic about their own subject and believe their subject to be the most interesting thing in the world Very Happy

- Censorship
- Keeping a library, but this didn't work out so brilliantly in the past. It probably needs to be combined with:
- Knowledge gathering, and laying out rules on who is permitted to what knowledge.

I don't agree, when we did run the Stormwind University it was great fun and we did have teached in a various range of subjects! It just takes a lot of time and dedication to keep it running, think that is more of the issue than making it fun and interesting.
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:10 am

I wish I had seen it then! I have given lectures and despite the importance of them I rarely found them "fun" for the students, unless there were practical tests involved.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:56 am

So I get my old posts commented on eh?

Braiden wrote:

I feel it's more tricky than that. You'd need to make events where "victims" appear to have something to do. Lectures can be boring for a long-term, continuous plan.
Personally, I would enrich this role with:
- Practical training in first aid or medical procedures
- Practical training in medical alchemy
- Organizing medical conventions (where everyone gets a say and act like a posh, important doctor)
- Organizing trips to one particular group of doctors to specialize in a domain. For example, one could organize a trip to a brand new, experimental Gnomish 'reviving center' where they try to shock various people back to life... Now all they need is a test subject that's willing to flatline for a brief moment.

But especially... I would include this role in military efforts. Arranging medical stuff, simply because, well... what else can you do?
Many good suggestions, I only took a few.

Jeanpierre/Ragnilde wrote:Lectures.. again.. aren't the biggest key to success. The others are good suggestions. I'd add to the list:
- Balls
- Circus
- Theatre
- Banquets
- Choir/Music
Basically, organizing things for nobility... to which the common people are sometimes permitted to join.
I have not said lectures are, it's just one of the possibilities. Also I dont agree at all with arranging things for the nobility mainly, that's what we have the house of nobles for rather then the Stormwind council.

- Censorship
It is a challenge to make it fun yes and all extra ideas you have are ace.

However I believe the councils structure could benefit from change anyhow, even tough alot of the minister positions are logical there is not always the need for them and some could even potentially be clumped up into one. We'll see what the future has to offer.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:07 pm

Braiden wrote:I dont agree at all with arranging things for the nobility mainly, that's what we have the house of nobles for rather then the Stormwind council.

I just consider art etc a priviledge for which the commoner has little time or money. Not that I mean to invade the territory from the house of nobles. Point taken though Smile
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:36 pm

Prepare your tomatoes folks, Melnerag is going to make an unpopular and outrageous comment:

Do we need a minister of Health/Education/Culture?

These three are decentralized and not state-controlled (unless Stormwind is a Socialist Monarchy). Health&Education would fall to the religious organizations, and the Chapter&Disciples can 'fight' each other by convincing the public that they offer The Bestest healthcare and education. 'Secular' medics and educators can run their private practices. It feels a bit pointless to have a minister oversee a field if that field doesn't exist and he is supposed to create it from scratch....and there is simply nothing -there- to oversee even if he does create it.

To draw the parallel even further, we can try and appoint a Minister of Science who is supposed to oversee technological research. In the end that poor soul will have to make events and 'oversee' them and has no descisions before him, he could as well be making these events on his own without being involved with the Council.

Not to mention having a minister on top of something creates additional red tape that is only -really- desirable in Justice and Law-enforcement. In Law we want a 'standard' that is used in all trials, in all cases, consistently. In 'culture' is is a bit meh if somebody who wants to hold a cultural event has to go through some 'minister'.

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:49 pm

*throws a tomato*

Well actually it does make sense. I personally would take it one step further not have ministers of anything in the council if I could choose the structure. Everyone might just as well be called councillors, anything important is taken to vote among everyone in the council anyhow right? Campaigns are rarely spearheaded by a minister of defense or war, trials are arranged by the magistry and/or guards, cultural events is arranged by loads and loads of different organizations etc.

The council as a whole, together with the House of Nobles could easily divide responsibility and continue on such a basis. I personally think that would be simpler when it comes to coexisting on the level suggested in the post dropped at the house of nobles subforum.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next