Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Council reformation - New positions and information

+26
Sharyssa/Adenah
Zalissa
Andrek
Vaell
Cid
siegmund
Raenmar
Ledgic
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ixirar
Skarain
Lexgrad
Grufftoof
Kittrina
Krogon Devilstep
Maelmoor
Geldar
Khendran
Aadaria-Ioanna
Amaryl
Finnabhair
Rmuffn
Humphry
Drustai
Gogol
Braiden
30 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Stormwind Council reformation - New positions and information Empty Stormwind Council reformation - New positions and information

Post by Braiden Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:33 pm

Here is the new and updated version of the ministerial positions of the Stormwind Council. Several positions are taken to begin with but feel free to apply as inactive ministers may be replaced if a suitable candidate is found. Considering the lowered amount of ministerial positions we are also looking for assistants to the current positions to divide responsibility and involve more people in the ”council machine”. The positions that requires assistants the most currently are Defense, Internal Affairs and Magic. The council also welcomes people of importance that ”volunteers” to advice it to create an atmosphere of high stakes political play. Enjoy!

Chairperson
The chairperson is technicly not a minister but has a place and function within the council anyway. The chairperson has the responsibility to lead meetings, ensure order in the council chambers during session, calling votes and has the deciding vote in matters where there is a tie. The chairperson only votes on matters where the council stands divided.

Minister of Defense
The minister of defense now has responsibility for the complete military aspect of the Stormwind Council, replacing the previous ministers of war and defense. He is responsible for coordinating defense of the realm and campaigns of conquest made in his majesty’s name. The position is currently available.

Minister of Magic
The minister of magic remains responsible for the magic related matters of the Stormwind Council, including relations with the Kirin'tor. This position is currently available

Minister of Internal Affairs
The minister of internal affairs is responsible for the spiritual, physical, cultural and psychological well being of the citizens His Majesty’s realm. The ministry of internal affairs is responsible for the health, education and cultural prosperety of Stormwind citizens, effectively replacing the ministry’s of Health, Culture and Education. The minister of internal affairs will also work closely with church representatives to ensure the spiritual well being of his majesty’s subjects. This position is currently held by Lord Jarric Buckholme.

Minister of Foreign Affairs
The minister of Foreign affairs is the Stormwind councils link to other nations and effectively works as a grand ambassador. The minister of foreign affairs will be visiting political assemblys of allied nations to ensure good relations, bring back messages and voice concerns of the Kingdom of Stormwind during these assemblys. This position is currently available.

Minister of Justice
As previously the minister of justice will be responsible for matters of law and justice. The minister of justice is tasked with drafting new laws and keeping the magistrate system functional. This position is currently held by Lord Braiden Mistmantle.

Minister of Trade
The minister of trade retains its previous areas of responsibility and is as such responsible for matters of commerce and trade. This position is currently available.

Last edited by Braiden on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Stormwind Council reformation - New positions and information Empty Re: Stormwind Council reformation - New positions and information

Post by Gogol Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:41 pm

Braiden wrote:
Minister of Justice
As previously the minister of justice will be responsible for matters of law and justice. The minister of justice is tasked with drafting new laws and keeping the magistrate system functional. This position is currently held by Lord Braiden Mistmantle.

Just for clarification; "keeping the magistrate system functional" does this include appointing magistrates/judges?

Secondly, what exactly is the reformation?
Isn't it only a information about what old seats are empty/not empty?
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Stormwind Council reformation - New positions and information Empty Re: Stormwind Council reformation - New positions and information

Post by Braiden Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:05 pm

No, it used to be alot more seats and they are now streamlined. We have also been discussing more that is to come, but you'll get to see that soon enough.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Braiden wrote:No, it used to be alot more seats and they are now streamlined. We have also been discussing more that is to come, but you'll get to see that soon enough.
Apart from merging Geldars seat in to one, is there any other change I am missing?
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Gogol wrote:
Braiden wrote:No, it used to be alot more seats and they are now streamlined. We have also been discussing more that is to come, but you'll get to see that soon enough.
Apart from merging Geldars seat in to one, is there any other change I am missing?

Internal Affairs had Health, Culture, and Education merged into it.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphry Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:17 pm

Plus the addition of assistants for each seat, as well as the replacement of Ministers who are unable to attend the meetings/unable to do their job if a more capable candidate arises and actually applies for it.
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:24 pm

Boiling things down will probably do the Council good.
Wise move!
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:27 pm

Braiden wrote:Minister of Magic
The minister of defense remains responsible for the magic related matters of the Stormwind Council, including relations with the Kirin'tor. This position is currently held by Professor Rufias Nargrandus.

I think you typed too fast here, Braiden!
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:01 am

prolly fix'd
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:13 am

Not that I'm exactly around but just a thought, does the chairperson need to be a seperate position or could you not give what they do to someone who is a minister?

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:41 am

I had that suggestion too Pert but it got denied Razz

Anyhow I look forward to seeing lots and lots of applications from all kinds of people so we get some fresh input. Requirements is to be active and have a character that could fit into one of the positions. Dont be afraid to apply for seats that are taken, especially if the minister on that seat is inactive. We will consider EVERY application made.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:35 am

*sigh* I wanna be the new Chairlady. If only it were possible...

*gloomcloud*
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:58 am

It's always possible to apply Farelin, tough I kinda get why you think it might face resistance IC Razz Alts is an option tough we (or at least myself) prefer to have characters that's visible in the community outside of council sessions.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:13 am

assistant sounds so.... bland and insignificant...

try Adjutant or Secretary

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:11 pm

Question:

There has been little activity council wise in terms of events and actually roleplaying out their seats with the community beyond the every tuesday meeting. So here goes:

Will the council return to its old former self where they as a group actually work hard on goingly to: Make events for the community? Cooperate with guilds to make said events?

Will we actually see the seats now narrowed down to roleplayed out?
If not.. I suggest they are changed to what -can/will be- roleplayed out.

"Health, Culture and Education." <--- is one of those things I do not recall having seen actually roleplayed in function. I might have missed out on it, but.. I do not recall ever seeing this being used activly by the council in any form of organising of anything.

Just my five copper. Narrowing down is good, but awesome to narrow it down to things people will actually act on icly ^^

As for this part:
(Unofficially has liasonship with the SI:7 on his plate as well)
Now its all good and well that the SI:7 have a connection to the council.
But while at this I would like to point one thing out or ask.
- No matter if its Geldar or someone else. SI:7 may of course work along with the council, to some degree. But all in all isnt it the "leader" of SI:7 if there will "be" one, guild wise, rp wise.. Who should have a "say" in this?^^

Just checking as I know its been like this for a while, in terms of Geldar. But I do not think it should be "listed" up as a secondary position of the council even unofficially. Work along side = good. Know who to contact = good. Having it as a "secondary seat" thingy merged into one, makes it sound like, its written in stone Razz And does make it "look" like, they have to "answer" to the council. = If so.. Why would they answer to the council, when they should be working directly under the king?^^
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:19 pm

Braiden wrote:It's always possible to apply Farelin, tough I kinda get why you think it might face resistance IC Razz Alts is an option tough we (or at least myself) prefer to have characters that's visible in the community outside of council sessions.

This isn't an alt anymore. But mostly it's because the council's scheduled times conflict enormously with my class schedule. (I'm Canadian.)
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:45 pm

Aadaria-Ioanna wrote:
As for this part:
- No matter if its Geldar or someone else. SI:7 may of course work along with the council, to some degree. But all in all isnt it the "leader" of SI:7 if there will "be" one, guild wise, rp wise.. Who should have a "say" in this?^^

Just checking as I know its been like this for a while, in terms of Geldar. But I do not think it should be "listed" up as a secondary position of the council even unofficially. Work along side = good. Know who to contact = good. Having it as a "secondary seat" thingy merged into one, makes it sound like, its written in stone Razz And does make it "look" like, they have to "answer" to the council. = If so.. Why would they answer to the council, when they should be working directly under the king?^^
That part was probably written with Jayses Section Seven in mind which worked closely with the Council, not the new guild in the works.

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:13 pm

Aadaria-Ioanna wrote:Will the council return to its old former self where they as a group actually work hard on goingly to: Make events for the community? Cooperate with guilds to make said events?

Will we actually see the seats now narrowed down to roleplayed out?
If not.. I suggest they are changed to what -can/will be- roleplayed out.

"Health, Culture and Education." <--- is one of those things I do not recall having seen actually roleplayed in function. I might have missed out on it, but.. I do not recall ever seeing this being used activly by the council in any form of organising of anything.

Just my five copper. Narrowing down is good, but awesome to narrow it down to things people will actually act on icly ^^
The aim of the reformation is to get heading towards the right direction, ergo arranging events and RP for the community. That's also the reason that we mention the fact that inactive ministers can be replaced if a fitting candidate applies.

As for roleplaying the seats out: Culture has done things in the past such as newspapers, librarys and whatnot when Julia had it. I cant say there's been alot of action for health or education but I believe there is a variety of events that is possible. Now that they are unified under one position it should be easier to have frequent action from the seat rather then sporadic.

Aadaria-Ioanna wrote:As for this part:

It simply makes sense for the council to have contact with the SI:7 somehow and the defense position will be doing just that, it doesnt mean the council is in charge of the SI:7. It's listed for clarity in this OOC post but it's nothing we boast IC... plus we (or at least me) would never force the SI:7 players to cooperate, but those who wants to do that has a way to contact us by listing this. There's a reason it sais liason rather then leader Wink

Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:02 pm

"There's a reason it sais liason rather then leader Wink "

= sweet

"The aim of the reformation is to get heading towards the right direction, ergo arranging events and RP for the community. That's also the reason that we mention the fact that inactive ministers can be replaced if a fitting candidate applies. "

= If this does happen = very good
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:25 pm

Geldar/I worked as the public face of the Shadow Cabinet led by Jayse and the position was called a liaison. Nothing more, or less. It was a public representation of SI:7 because of the way they RPed it out, which was 100% IC secrecy and no public faces that are directly from the SI:7 that could then become a target for assassination and so forth, a safety measure really.

It was more of a ehhh public contact than anything else. Did not have any weight on the SI:7 matters back in the day ICly or OOCly, the post was simply to announce things that the SI:7 might want to give to the public, or have a person that can get in contact with the right agents.

And I am quite sure we will be able to strike some working arrangements with the new SI:7 folk considering that the leader is one of the old members of Jayse's organization.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:55 am

I think it's a bit unfortunate that the Council in these days merely seems to be about the meetings, hopefully it can be turned around so it will play a more active part in the Stormwind RP community again.

Good luck!
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:27 am

Maelmoor wrote:I think it's a bit unfortunate that the Council in these days merely seems to be about the meetings, hopefully it can be turned around so it will play a more active part in the Stormwind RP community again.

Good luck!

Indeed, considering some of the members aren't exactly active in the community itself, it seems.
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:32 pm

That's what we hope, we just need fresh members with the will and dedication to help make it happen.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:56 pm

Braiden wrote:That's what we hope, we just need fresh members with the will and dedication to help make it happen.

At a quick glance, it looks like there are only two positions open, from your original post. With all due respect, might it be time to consider replacing some of the old faces with new faces?
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Farelin/Dijie wrote:
Braiden wrote:That's what we hope, we just need fresh members with the will and dedication to help make it happen.

At a quick glance, it looks like there are only two positions open, from your original post. With all due respect, might it be time to consider replacing some of the old faces with new faces?

And making it an actual Democracy and not an inward junta ;o
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next