Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A horde council?

+17
Sylreth
Grufftoof
Jomir
Thenkar
Rargnasha
Quin
Jakins
Rasonal Dranger
Kil'drakor
Torukan
itsy
Kozgugore Feraleye
Saevir
Magaskawee/Anaei
Kristeas Sunbinder
Gesh
Morgeth
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A horde council? - Page 3 Empty Re: A horde council?

Post by Jomir Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:17 pm

What are the Grimtotems going to do come Cataclysm?
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Jomir/Nastor/Gannas wrote:What are the Grimtotems going to do come Cataclysm?

The same thing they do every expansion, Jomir.
Try to take over the world!

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:22 pm

Pinky and the brain brain brain brain brain brain...
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Unathi Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:55 pm

Sounds like a really good idea, I'm sure any of the officers including myself would jump to the idea and give you a hand in any way we can Morgeth.

Just to clarify about the Cults role, the Forgotten Shadow religion we use as the basis of our guild, is taught by Sylvanas herself, so I'm at an odds if we're really a part of the 'Dark Horde'. Also given the fact we and the Orcs fought side-by-side in many battles, I'd say we're more a 'True Horde' race by force of the mighty Orcish Overlords watching over us.
Unathi
Unathi

Character sheet
Name: Unathi
Title: Darkspear

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:15 pm

Alright, back in a more seriouss manner than with name making.
Something that I've felt for long that the Horde have lacked, have been a Horde loyal Troll guild, there have been a few attempts, the latest being "The Darkspear Tribe", I wondered if they're still around, I rarely get to see many of their members these days, and if perhaps a place in this council thing could kick-start some life into a guild like this?
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:16 pm

I don't think the Tribe is around anymore ;_;, say, out of curiosity, if we have 2 representatives per city and 1 per guild, what if, say, potential representatives for the city are in a guild that is being represented already?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:56 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:I don't think the Tribe is around anymore ;_;, say, out of curiosity, if we have 2 representatives per city and 1 per guild, what if, say, potential representatives for the city are in a guild that is being represented already?

It would be fine, but your concern would have to be for the city and not for your guild, so say OotRB have a person as a org representative, they have to concern the welbeing of orgrimmar and not the tribe

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:57 pm

If we got with a "nobel horde" those two shouldn't be that far apart anyway, right?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:34 pm

Rargnasha wrote:I reckon Auto-bots would be nice. Sad My black banana outfit would be perfect.

Yesterday I saw this thread and clicked the last page to see replies. This was the first thing I saw.

wat

Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:42 pm

Reckon this thread could use some cleaning! I'll be deleting my silly posts.
Edit: Apparently I can't delete them or report them. Perhaps a mod could swoop and give us a hand?
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Rargnasha wrote:Reckon this thread could use some cleaning! I'll be deleting my silly posts.
Edit: Apparently I can't delete them or report them. Perhaps a mod could swoop and give us a hand?

Haha, I wasn't disturbed, don't worry ^^ it gave me a lil laugh. Was a funny thing to see xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:17 pm

If there's going to be two representatives per city, then I think it would be a bit of overkill if each guild would have an official emissary/representative on the council as well. Just the city representatives would mount up to 12 people in total in cataclysm. It would seem to make more sense that each guild just went through their race's (or whoever else is sponsoring their presence) representatives instead.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Tashun wrote:
Morgeth wrote:Right, you weirdos. I'll try to sum up the points we need to discuss, or are otherwise important.

Name: Avengers (Placeholder)
When: Every two weeks (Is that too often? Should it only be monthly?)
Where: Warsong Hold for the first meeting, then the locations will alternate in accordance to the different members of the "council".

Who will be there?

A neutral party to "guide" the meeting.

Full members
The Cult of Shadow (1-2 Representatives)
Orcs of the red blade (1-2 Representatives)
Sin Belore (1-2 Representatives)

Ambassadors

Second Gurubashi Empire (1 Ambassador)

--

I am not sure where to place Ashen Nevren, because - ast stated - they are clearly Horde. So fully fledged member or ambassador, what would the guild itself prefer the most?

I would gladly place the Mistrunners in as members too, but I haven't seen them around in quite a while. I know there are other tauren guilds (Like Grimtotem), but I'm not sure how active they are, nor if they are "Horde", so to speak.

None of what I just wrote is cut in stone. I just figured it might make things easier to overview if I made a little list. I like lists, and mindmaps *twitch*

Members should go like this:
Orgrimmar - 2 representatives
Thunder Bluff - 2 representatives
Darkspear - 2 representatives
Undercity - 2 representatives
Silvermoon - 2 representatives
Orcs of the red blade - 1 representative
Grimtotem tribe - 1 representative
Cult of shadow - 1 representative
Sin Belore - 1 representative
Second Gurubashi Empire - 1 Ambassador
Ashen Nevren - 1 Ambassador

etc. etc.

I see the reason in Tashun's suggestion, but I agree with Saevir's point too. I think it'd mass up to too many people on the council, not to mention - as was mentioned too - alot of the city representatives would most likely be from previously mentioned guilds. They could, most likely, simply RP a distance to their guild and vouch for the city instead, but with additional people from the guilds it would mass up to quite a large gathering.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:23 pm

I'd say keep it on a guild basis actually. It's rather stupid to claim to speak for the entire city/race or whatever. The main reason I support this statement is that not everyone wants to be under the influence of some council's power In Character. If you keep it limited to guilds you keep the legitimacy of this council intact, in short, without drama.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:27 pm

Gnash wrote:I'd say keep it on a guild basis actually. It's rather stupid to claim to speak for the entire city/race or whatever. The main reason I support this statement is that not everyone wants to be under the influence of some council's power In Character. If you keep it limited to guilds you keep the legitimacy of this council intact, in short, without drama.

Aye, I agree, since that way- whatever is chosen will affect only the guilds who participate, and won't force anyone to follow it= no drama.
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:30 pm

that is quite true.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:33 pm

And for the love of Gnash, no neutral party. Horde politics should be passionate. The crowd should be verbally abusing any representative that says anything they don't like. Representatives should brawl during meetings. If we start adressing the chairman instead of each other we might aswell paint ourselves pink!

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:37 pm

The neutral party, so to speak, wouldn't be there to act as a direct overseer, hopefully. It'd be more about that person sending out letters to the representatives about where and when the next meeting will be held (so that people don't forget), handle calender invites, and keep an idea of what's the main topics for the day. I think that'd make it just a little more efficent, because as fun as shouting and brawling all are, it mostly comes down to people trying to figure out the fanciest insults to sling at eachother, from my experience.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Rasonal Dranger wrote:
Gnash wrote:I'd say keep it on a guild basis actually. It's rather stupid to claim to speak for the entire city/race or whatever. The main reason I support this statement is that not everyone wants to be under the influence of some council's power In Character. If you keep it limited to guilds you keep the legitimacy of this council intact, in short, without drama.

Aye, I agree, since that way- whatever is chosen will affect only the guilds who participate, and won't force anyone to follow it= no drama.

It would mean that people not in one of the RP guilds would have a harder time to get involved though
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thenkar Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Alright, lets hold the meetings in a bar!
Guldu's, Grinning Gal, whatever the elves have.
It's a good rotation! And of course, the representatives would get free alcohol. n.n

Edit: Building on this, the neutral party can be a council with Guldujenu, Vectoria and other barkeepers making the decisions.

Thenkar

Character sheet
Name: Thenkar Shadowborn
Title: Shadowpope of the Cult

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Morgeth wrote:The neutral party, so to speak, wouldn't be there to act as a direct overseer, hopefully. It'd be more about that person sending out letters to the representatives about where and when the next meeting will be held (so that people don't forget), handle calender invites, and keep an idea of what's the main topics for the day. I think that'd make it just a little more efficent, because as fun as shouting and brawling all are, it mostly comes down to people trying to figure out the fanciest insults to sling at eachother, from my experience.

I would add as well that as much as rough brawling is the way orcs do things, this would not just be a council of orcs. Furthermore, as fun as undisciplined meetings can be, they also quickly derail things to the point where nothing would ever get done if it is the norm. Moderation is the keyword here indeed.

Last edited by Saevir on Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:37 pm

Maybe a bit late, but the Cult's pretty much like all the Forsaken, our allegiance is a tad shady, has been ever since vanilla anyway. Remember that apothecary in the Grimtotem camp in Dustwallow? The Sylvanas-Old God connection. etc.

It remains an alliance of necessity above anything else.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylreth Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:42 am

As far as the AN is concerned, I consider us something between the Full Members and Ambassadors, though more inclined to Full Members.

I like the idea of keeping it in a guild system as well, making more of a "RP society" with this council that would allow new guilds to enter it if they wanted to play by the council rules or leave the council and do whatever they want alone.

Though there's one thing that I don't agree, speaking for myself, in the AN we would go to both sides, Roar-horde and Neutral, saying that the Horde would go on a crazy massacre spree all over... Ashenvale or so, the AN would try to make people understand that the balance can't be that damaged and so on, but say that the Worgen are marching to counter-attack the Undercity (Cata example but you get the idea), the AN would gladly push them back, as we're divided between Alexstrasza's intentions and our very own (the dragonflight/our racial traits). That wouldn't mean we were not as supportive of the Horde itself as any other Racial guild, it would just mean that we had different opinions about it, it's pretty much like a parliament, you get those who are pro-war, those who are pro-economy, etc.

As far as the darker / shadier Horde is concerned, I think we can't mix the Cult and the SGE, completely different stuff. As Antistia said, the Undead have always been as shady as they are now, maybe now they only have more power to extend their plans and so on, but it's necessity overall, and that doesn't mean the cult is betraying the horde, they're betraying the horde as much as Sylvanas is, maybe walking the thin line that splits who is a traitor and who is not but definitely not betrayers in my eyes.

As for the SGE, I dunno what Shrogan has thought about it, but I trust his imagination and brilliance are immense, so I'm sure there's a way they could fit in that, as for the little I know about the SGE, they're neutral when it comes to the Ally-Horde, but yet again i haven't heard those Shro's ideas that someone mentioned before on the topic!

The system itself, I'd say maybe 1-2 representatives per guild, so it doesn't become too messy and maybe host the council in different places, say that it's a secret and important meeting that random people can't watch, the council can be hosted inside a raid. If it's a public one, Warsong Hold is awesome imo.
Sylreth
Sylreth

Character sheet
Name: Sylreth Manda'las
Title: The Saviour

http://nevren.wowstead.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:03 am

I am quite supportive of this general idea, although I don't have any wisdom to add atm. Just want to say I am interested in how its gonna work out and would love to see some events coming from this.
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3