Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A question of RP ethics.

3 posters

Go down

A question of RP ethics. Empty A question of RP ethics.

Post by Lexgrad Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Ok so this is the thing. I have a char who is something of a cultist hunter. Last I bumped into a cultist who then went on to try and recruit me on a whim, which my char went along with. If the guild, which IC my char sees as dodgy atm, turns out to be a soul eating and dark god worshiping bunch of nut jobs then they will be obliged to act to kill, get the law upon them.

So my question is this, I know nothing of the guild ooc or their rep. Should I inform the GM of my char or not?

Also feel free to post your own questions if you have an ethical RP question Smile

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

A question of RP ethics. Empty Re: A question of RP ethics.

Post by nope Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Idk, it wouldn't hurt to talk to them about it? Sometimes 'suddenly betrayal and guardz' can shoot things in the foot a bit if they're still in the set-up stage. And hey, if you talk to them you could potentially organise for something more detailed to happen when your character goes to tell on them.
nope
nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:58 pm

Thing is tho, I may not tell on them. If they turn out just to be a small time shadow cult which they clame to be, ie just wanting to worship and learn then its cool. They may even be useful. I guess tho I fear a meta.

Plus the lone hunter RP which this char does can oft times mean you are struggling to find meaningful RP, even for the Lexadin.

I guess for ethics that doesnt matter but anyway, ty for the reply.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:24 pm

I think it could be fair to converse with the guild leader. While some guild leaders are "anything goes", since you don't know the guild, it would be worth to ask. Sudden betrayal that destroys a guild is a sad sight, as it damages the RP scene as a whole. A plot or other thing where you betray the guild in a controlled way in turn may be beneficial for the guild if it survives from it. Roleplaying thrives in conflict.

I wouldn't consider it as a question of ethics but common courtesy. It is their guild and their effort put behind it, so i think it is fair to talk with their GM. Try to come a solution that will create the most roleplaying. While not breaking your character and not using meta-information can be an admirable goal, we should still not destroy roleplaying opportunities but create them if only possible. That is my advice.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down