Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question: How do you guys feel about pvp? Would you like to get better at it?

+2
Reynard
Charlie Blazesong
6 posters

Go down

Question: How do you guys feel about pvp? Would you like to get better at it? Empty Question: How do you guys feel about pvp? Would you like to get better at it?

Post by Charlie Blazesong Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:33 am

This is merely an interest check.

I'm making a video today and it will likely be up tonight or tomorrow morning where I will ask for people experienced with such things to coach less experienced players. This does not only go for arena play but also wpvp and rbgs, but coaches are all well and good. For this to work we also need people who want to learn. I've been thinking of this for a while. The idea sparked after Xavalis coached me and I think some people out here would like such a service. I'm not 100% sure it will spark the interest of players but I'm going to try either way.

Basic concept in steps:

1. pair two people: one person experienced with the class. The other lesser experienced.
2. Have the mentor teach what he can over the course of a few weeks at whatever times you guys do
3. Hopefully get better
4. You'll be decent enough for yourself to be satisfied with your performance.

I'm asking for interest here because I started rping and such and always wanted to be better at pvp, even now i still want to keep going and get better. Post a reply in here if you're interested and hopefully we'll get this thing rolling.

Obviously if you feel you have something to teach and want to coach someone, please do also post down here.

mentor: Drumnir, Ixirar, Artorus
Student: Fenodyree, Praceps

Last edited by Charlie Blazesong on Wed May 11, 2016 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Question: How do you guys feel about pvp? Would you like to get better at it? Empty Re: Question: How do you guys feel about pvp? Would you like to get better at it?

Post by Reynard Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:46 am

I'm interested in improving.  I'm utterly rubbish quite frankly.  Smile

Fen is a Gladiator Warrior and I tend to PvP in DPS stance though I have tried Tank stance before in the past which worked great when a healer decided to take me under his wing.  Handily there is not much difference between the two stances in terms of play style.

I have put the hours in and have a full set of Season 3 Honor Gear.

I recently watched a Gladiator PvP video and got some good tips from there but a personal coach would be 'awesome sauce'.  

Usual disclaimer:  I have a busy RL (young family and full time job) and my play time is sporadic and random.
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Question: How do you guys feel about pvp? Would you like to get better at it? Empty Re: Question: How do you guys feel about pvp? Would you like to get better at it?

Post by Praeceps Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:20 am

While I would not call myself an inexperienced PvP'er I would be happy to learn more on how to play in Arenas and who knows I can still learn a thing or two on BG's.

Arms warrior with full Conquest gear, Prot/Glad offspec but really not much of an idea on how to play it.
Praeceps
Praeceps

Character sheet
Name: James Masters
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:03 pm

I can offer my services in teaching a thing or two. I'm not a top .5% player by any means but I believe I'm a fair bit more experienced than most people on this forum.

As for Fenodyree, I'll leave the first tip for you. Play arms if you want to do well. It eclipses all other specs in PVP.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Drumnir Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:22 pm

Happy to help out if needed and I could learn a thing or two on other roles than healer aswell.
Drumnir
Drumnir

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:As for Fenodyree, I'll leave the first tip for you. Play arms if you want to do well. It eclipses all other specs in PVP.

Tis probably a good recommendation but I've been a Gladiator for ages and ages now and would have to learn an entire new play style... (still I do love to try new stuff).

Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Praeceps Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:29 pm

Fenodyree wrote:
Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:As for Fenodyree, I'll leave the first tip for you. Play arms if you want to do well. It eclipses all other specs in PVP.

Tis probably a good recommendation but I've been a Gladiator for ages and ages now and would have to learn an entire new play style...   (still I do love to try new stuff).

It's very sound advice, even a very skilled glad warrior would be pressed hard to match a semi decent arms warrior.
Praeceps
Praeceps

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Mon May 02, 2016 9:10 am

Alright, to sum this up:

Praeceps is wanting warrior, same with Fenodyree
Arms isn't too hard of a playstyle really.

Drum wants to both teach and learn

and Ixi can teach.

Ixi and Drum, which classes do you think you have something to teach on?

Here is the video I made for this project aswell:
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Praeceps Mon May 02, 2016 9:23 am

Charlie Blazesong wrote:
Praeceps is wanting warrior, same with Fenodyree
Arms isn't too hard of a playstyle really.

Now you make it sound like I don't know how to play my class Shocked
I know how to play it, but I wish to master it... I'm also willing to play in another spec if needed (but Arms is far our the best choice for warriors).

Warrior is one of the classes that perfectly embody Blizzards vision of 'Easy to learn, hard to master'.

EDIT: I don't know how great I'll be at teaching the class, but if needed I can act as consultant for atleast the basic Arms Warrior stuff.
Praeceps
Praeceps

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drumnir Mon May 02, 2016 10:55 am

Well, I believe shaman would be the class I excel at but other than that I'd say healing in general, positioning, when to fake cast and more.

Other than healers I can play warlock to a better than average level I'd say where I could help out.
Drumnir
Drumnir

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Mon May 02, 2016 12:48 pm

It's a very good idea Charlie, and a nice one which is a bonus!

I am willing and able to teach Unholy Death Knight to players on the Alliance, but I would also like some one to help my master Retri Paladin on the Horde

W-PvP is the area I'm most interested in on these classes but arena styled battles would be a bonus to learn / teach

Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Mon May 02, 2016 2:14 pm

Warlock

Mentor:

Student:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this grows to the point that it requires you to be more organized to keep track of all the Students and Mentors who sign up, so I put this together for you, hopefully it helps you keep track of things

Code:
[center][b][u]Warlock[/u][/b][/center]

[spoiler="Mentor"]Bob Yor'not - Aff/ Demo/ Destro[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Student"]Willnut Yorface - Aff[/spoiler]
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down