Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interest check for Alliance. (Warlock Campaign)

+7
Sang Windpaw
siegmund
Azapha
Rox
Edwin Manaspark
Skarain
Littlepip
11 posters

Go down

Continue the campaign?

Interest check for Alliance. (Warlock Campaign) Vote_lcap31%Interest check for Alliance. (Warlock Campaign) Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
Interest check for Alliance. (Warlock Campaign) Vote_lcap69%Interest check for Alliance. (Warlock Campaign) Vote_rcap 69% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Interest check for Alliance. (Warlock Campaign) Empty Interest check for Alliance. (Warlock Campaign)

Post by Littlepip Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:34 pm

I'm checking if there is anyone here that are interested in continuing the campaign against Warlocks. The even has been put on halt until I can find more people that wants to help OOC as well as some support IC. Which is rather difficult as one might imagine.

The campaign is about killing warlocks, usually other players roleplaying as warlock for a reason yet to be stated in character. Out of character it will lead to a grand ending around the beginning of Legion were the after effects will be felt quite harshly. As one might imagine this is really tough to do alone and its the reason why I'm asking for some more people to help out both OOC and IC.

I would need someone that likes to create events and knows what they are doing since we can't always be killing people, that would be difficult since we're not AD and have a limitless amount of people that are open to death.
I would also need someone to spy, one or two people would be enough to get information running.
Lastly I would need someone to help killing people IC, having one more to do this would be excellent and make everything much less riskier.

I should mention, since this would be a campaign about killing other players it would mean that we as well would be open to death. This would be to make the combat fair and to prevent people from either side to be stupid or at least think through their actions properly.

What do you think, something to add to this that might make you interested? Constructive criticism and comments are all welcome!

Last edited by Littlepip on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Interest check for Alliance. (Warlock Campaign) Empty Re: Interest check for Alliance. (Warlock Campaign)

Post by Mallucis Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:42 pm

I have voted: "Warlocks have rights to!" This doesn't mean, however, that I'm not interested in spoiling your plans. Count on me on that, I say!
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Interest check for Alliance. (Warlock Campaign) Empty Re: Interest check for Alliance. (Warlock Campaign)

Post by Littlepip Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:30 am

Well it kind of ruins the point of a pull doesn't it. At the speed this is going I'm just going to have to cancel the whole thing due to an overwhelming amount of people saying no to the continuation of the event.

At the end of the month, the 30th of Nov the poll will end and unless I see a 180 turn on the votes and some support the thing will simply end, the murderers will have vanished leaving almost no trace of them ever existing.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:21 pm

I see nothing bad in the plot itself, but it does not encourage me to play my Warlock.

When I originally started the character, I wanted to provoke reaction from people, provoke hatred, potentially being attacked. However, faceless, nameless attackers using sniper riffles was not something I could react back to well. I can't insult faceless attackers the same way I can insult a Paladin itching to sear me with holy light.

Admitted, I ceased to roleplay my warlock because I found another character to serve as my RP-PvP toon. I think I'd manage with the assaults now - just ride with a demonic horse (screw the laws) always a different route when needing to move from place to place. Hard to hit a moving target. Sure, that'd get her in shit with every lawkeeper but that's another problem.

I think the question is, "Will this create more roleplaying?". Warlock murders is from an IC perspective something that makes sense, but OOC few people wants to have their characters killed. I've had to roleplay mine being insanely resilient (doesn't die being shot through the torso) to avoid death.

Dramatic death in Roleplaying create more roleplaying, everything from the funreal to mourning, but no-one is ever going to mourn the death of a Warlock. Being burned on a stake with twenty people watching in turn is a good way to go for a Warlock, for it creates roleplaying (and conversation) for weeks to come. However, a cold body found assassinated in the road have less of a meaningful impact, and you need to remember that it is a character that you have killed. A character that could potentially have created a lot more roleplaying and situations - should they not have been killed.

So, unless you go on a route of trying firsthand assault > capture > forcefully cleanse the Warlocks of the taint (is harmful but not deadly for a Warlock, 'creates' more Roleplaying for them to regain their powers), I think you should not continue with it.

One suggestion would be to "pose" as Holy People, much akin to the Chapter of Holy Anethion. Wear white robes and masks, and you'll be able to roll the blame on them. People will start blaming Holy people for the Warlock murders. This, I imagine, will only spiral into more roleplaying.

Anything that creates more roleplaying, is good. Anything that outright kill it, is not.

Death is a powerful dramatic tool. It should not be overused, else it lose it meaningfulness.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin Manaspark Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:59 pm

Yes, I believe the warlock campaign should continue. Of course, I do not promote IC deaths where not entirely possible, but the concept shows much potential. Edwin would gladly follow you in your crusade against the evils of the world.
Edwin Manaspark
Edwin Manaspark

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rox Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:48 am

Provided you have the warlocks against to carry said campaign. Maybe they like to lie low for a while knowing that they're being hunted. At least that's what I would do IC if I were a warlock. Warlocks aren't known for their great courage or their willingness to face impossible odds, they rather strike me as the sort who would rather keep their hide intact.
Rox
Rox

Character sheet
Name: Rox Greyleaf
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:09 pm

rox wrote:Provided you have the warlocks against to carry said campaign. Maybe they like to lie low for a while knowing that they're being hunted. At least that's what I would do IC if I were a warlock. Warlocks aren't known for their great courage or their willingness to face impossible odds, they rather strike me as the sort who would rather keep their hide intact.
That's why I ceased to roleplay my Warlock. She was attempted to be assassinated twice, so the second time she just tore open a rift to a Legion devastated world and have not been seen since. Wouldn't make sense for her to stick around when places as Elwynn Forest are deadly by definition.

Though, there are always DMed Warlock and Warlock Covens to clear out, when in lack of PC's to hunt. Can make of an interesting event of slowly breaching through the doors of a well-fortified fortress, or raiding basements, or interrogating seemingly innocent commoners.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Azapha Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:05 pm

I have to agree with skarain, the idea is not bad.. But I do feel that for rp on the warlock front. It's not so fun when your being attacked by people you cannot see when out of sight of others, gives no incentive to want to be involved in it
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin Manaspark Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:39 pm

I do understand your point, Azapha, but the events could be rather fun if handled correctly. I certainly don't support the idea of invisible assassins IC killing warlocks, but if the character accepts such deaths and has a fair chance to fight back in an event that would provide interesting RP.

Edwin will certainly not cease to hunt warlocks, but I do realise OOC that such assassinations do not provide RP that is interesting or fun for the community. Despite this, I think that having warlock-hunting organisations is more than justified in the lore - having demon summoners walking around the cities and casually into taverns without any consequences does not seem as lore-friendly as other options.

Now, I'm not to say that warlocks should avoid random city RP, just that they probably wouldn't be fully accepted and treated like other valued citizens of the Alliance. Also, if IC warlocks could keep their fel magic usage subtle or non-existent when out of combat or Alliance territory, I believe that warlock RP would perhaps be somewhat more interesting.

The Stormwind Council's treatment of fel users seems somewhat unrealistic and not necessarily the most lore-justified RP; I may be incorrect, but I believe that practicing any fel magics within an Alliance city would result in imprisonment or execution almost instantly (remember that the guard NPCs in the cities are most likely there IC, and that they would be capable of reporting crimes).

Apologies for the slightly off-topic warlock rant, but that's my opinion on the matter.
Edwin Manaspark
Edwin Manaspark

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:49 pm

The thread title have the word "Warlock" in it, so I think it's perfectly on-topic. Smile

About the Councils treatment of Fel users:
Edwin wrote:but I believe that practicing any fel magics within an Alliance city would result in imprisonment or execution almost instantly (remember that the guard NPCs in the cities are most likely there IC, and that they would be capable of reporting crimes).
If you talk to the Guards in the city, ask about Warlock trainers, they know where to point you to. The Slaughtered Lamb. "There has been sightings of Demonic Activity", or something such. They do not state there being Warlock trainers directly. They yet point you towards the right direction.

You are right that riding a demonic horse around the city, or carrying corrupt objects out in the open in the city might be beyond lore. However, it is also lore that Death Knights have been accepted into the Alliance. Such roam sometime through Stormwind. They are unholy objects of their own, often with dark runeblades. Can you justify reasoning to have Vampiric Runeblades allowed, but no Fel/Demonic objects are not allowed? They're just as bad, in many sense.

Dev's have stated that strolling around with Undead minions or Demons in Stormwind out in the open is likely get you lynched by common rabble and Guards both.

However.... is the basement of the Slaughtered Lamb, the place in where Warlock Trainers are located "in the open"? Is that also a place in where every Guard, or goody-good shoes wanderer wants to even check?

If it exists ingame, it is Canon. One could say that claiming Warlocks have no place in the city is lore-incorrect.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:04 pm

a place in where every Guard, or goody-good shoes wanderer wants to even check?

Might not happen very often but happens and usually ends up getting real akward. Gives the place a silly feeling really.

That and some guilds in past ignoring the warlock trainers completely as well, not much of a bother until people start kicking out people who do "belive" in the warlock trainers being there.

siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Sang Windpaw Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:20 am

Skarain wrote:

However.... is the basement of the Slaughtered Lamb, the place in where Warlock Trainers are located "in the open"? Is that also a place in where every Guard, or goody-good shoes wanderer wants to even check?

This is something I've always had a bit of an issue with. People walking down into the crypts every half hour is a bit odd, if you're not a warlock or a DK. I imagine that the group of warlock trainers would have something to say about it, and the dark magics going on would be a little dangerous.

Sang Windpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:30 am

Emily Sengir wrote:dark magics going on would be a little dangerous.
Oh, come on. What's the worst that could happen?
Spoiler:
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin Manaspark Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:57 pm

A fair argument, honestly - yet I still think that militia groups such as Edwin's army have their reasons to fear and want all warlocks dead. The general public would almost certainly fear them, and rumours would probably pass through taverns and such about summonings of demon armies or Sargeras.

I doubt warlocks would want to walk around in public talking about fel magic - they would probably act like ordinary people around other non-warlocks. Likewise, users of fel magic are probably not treated as innocent civilians by guard groups, and certainly wouldn't walk around areas with high guard concentrations without suffering some consequences.
Edwin Manaspark
Edwin Manaspark

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:53 pm

The general public may fear Warlocks, sure. However, any battle-hardened veteran who have been out in the warfront might think it differently.
"We may operate in the shadows of polite society, but out here on the battlefront our powers are properly respected at last."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think it's fair to be mistrustful towards Warlocks. They 'do' wield the power of demonic forces, summon demons to do their bidding. Any person right of their mind would be cautious around such unstable spellcasters. The one place where they are not only accepted, but respected, is battlefields. They are mentioned in warfronts on the Novels (Wolfheart, Tides of War, War Crimes), having been present in such happening as Garrosh trial, battles on the seas off coast Kalimdor, close to Theramore, probably Ashenvale to.

There is also this NPC in Stormwind that one may or may not take as canon.
Spoiler:
It does wear a Warlock Tier armor and sells PvP Mount Rewards.

So yes. Warlocks would be accepted on warfront, for sure. On home front, Warlocks would be required to operate in the shadows...

...which they do. The Forlorn Caverns. The Slaughtered Lamb. Both 'are' places amidst shadows, out of sight, out of view. In both cities, the trainers are always in deep, dark places. There are a few exceptions, but usually away from sight, or wearing "normal" clothing such as Vitus Darkwalker in Darnassus.
Spoiler:

I do agree that Warlocks would not want to walk around in public talking about fel magic. Most people dislike such, and it's no point arguing with fools who refuse to see what TRUE power is. The Warlock covens are where Warlocks would want to discuss and practice their arts.

I do disagree however that Warlocks would have to fear Guard Forces in terms of the consequences. Guards are part of military, and I'd assume they are aware of how powerful Warlocks are as a tool for battle. They might keep a close eye on them, but not act hostile unless given a good reason to. There are threats worse than Warlocks in where having one at hand might be handy.

A Warlock with their demon out orders for a lynching in a city. A Warlock with some dark-touched objects in their possession or other "Warlock'ry" look might cause distain, "You are not welcome here" but not outright hostility. A Warlock who looks like a normal person... is probably treated like a normal person.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Azapha Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:25 am

I have to agree with skarain on the matter, the public won't approve of open warlock activity.. But there are publicly known warlocks in lore, just they keep there summoning and as such dark magic out of streets view.. At the end of the day, the npcs below the lamb ARE there with demons summoned, also it would surprise me if the mage tower didn't hold some warlocks For the knowledge they have on Legion matters. Hard to argue that they don't do it.. One of the issues I have with the lamb is the under part it nearly always occupied by people who probably would not be welcome but that's a discussion for another time and I don't want to derail this thread more

Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin Manaspark Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:41 pm

Yes, your evidence is convincing enough for me now.

Despite this, I can still see small civilian militia groups appearing every now and then trying to do something about the warlock "issue". I certainly wouldn't see warlock murders as something going insanely away from established lore.
Edwin Manaspark
Edwin Manaspark

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:08 am

Edwin Manaspark wrote:Despite this, I can still see small civilian militia groups appearing every now and then trying to do something about the warlock "issue". I certainly wouldn't see warlock murders as something going insanely away from established lore.

Don't think anyone is saying that those things wouldn't make sense or can't happen. Especially in RP it can be something that gives people things to do. Not too sure though how many people are Roleplaying warlocks at the moment so there is always that plus that a lot of newer people to RP do the most random things in situations like that it's kind of hard to drag those people into right into the hunt to death action or well prision or whatever people do these days.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Azapha Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:38 pm

Let's Start with the pvp mount vendor by the command post, hell that guy is more warlock than anyone I know in his full fel corrupted battle gear XD

Ok jokes aside.  If ppl want to rp warlock hate I'm not against it. Although IMHO its not very involving for the said target if your just the target of snipers, it kind of makes for limited ability to really rp it out, you can't even talk or take actions against such

Also as I said when azapha was hunted, it should be a thing that them who challenge down a warlock should also be open to the reality it's not so fun if your immune to retaliation,  hell I know if azapha thought she was gonna die she would intend on her killers going down with her.. I think there's a few out There iv met who seem to feel slightly off put by retaliation even if it would be fully ooc not to..

In truth I think anyone who has worldly experience unless they was one who suffered badly because of a warlock would not be so hostile, as skarain said they are respected by military and most who have been adventures would have enough experience to know not every warlock is a Legion support or evil heretic
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sang Windpaw Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:41 pm

I'm currently playing a warlock IC, and it's actually been a lot of fun. But there are a few things that I think need to be taken into consideration if people do want to attack a warlock.

1. The warlock will likely not take well to being attacked. Warlocks are not known for fighting fair and playing nice, and will likely try to kill if they are attacked. Therefore, people must understand consequences and agree on them before an attack goes ahead. I would be pretty salty IC if my character died and all that happened to the attackers was a bit of IC pain that's completely ignored after the attack is ended.

2. As Azapha has said above, being sniped at is no fun. I wouldn't even know how to respond, unless it's "/e gets shot and falls down dead." RP needs to be fun for everyone involved. This brings me onto my third point...

3. You CAN RP with a warlock without attacking them. Sounds crazy, I know. But I'd suggest the fact that there are so few warlock RPers is that people get sick of being victimised. If every time I logged on, I had people running up to me to call me out for being evil, or attack me, or threaten my character, I'd get sick of it pretty quickly. Warlocks do not exist simply to further your story of being a hero. #WarlockLivesMatter

I get that I've been a little ranty, but I honestly think that a tolerance of warlocks would be a good thing. The point I always bring up about RP is that people should understand, and have, realistic consequences to their actions. If the SW military were to drive out warlocks nad make them illegal... when the Legion returns, I doubt they're getting help.

Sang Windpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Naroma Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:49 pm

Theres only so much you can discuss OOC on a forum before people begin to be prescriptive with actions/reactions. End of the day, if a character despises Fel magic they'll be an ass, if they don't they won't.

Just RP and if something is an issue discuss it 1:1, because a consensus is impossible to reach when these debates constantly happen.

This thread has kinda gone from 'Should my campaign continue' to a 'How to; RPing with or as a warlock' :p

Pursuing all sorts of issues that -could- be discussed on a forum, ICly has proven quite fun, and usually an answer shows itself anyway.

I'm sure some of my characters may appear around some Warlocks to have some fun soon enough.
Naroma
Naroma

Character sheet
Name: Naroma Herandir
Title: Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:34 pm

Think it's had plenty of back and forth, honestly as someone who is invested in the topic it's self, even I've become a little tiered of seeing it.

A behavioural consensus can not be reached, it must come as a gradual, in game change.

Sorry about your event Littlepip, think this ones reached it's conclusion, for now...
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rox Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:37 pm

It is reasonable to believe that warlocks are not stupid hence they would not walk in public flaunting their most recently summoned demon or carrying various insidious paraphernalia. It is also known that warlocks, while generally selfish beings, need the help of like-minded spellcasters: it is why the Council of the Black Harvest or the Burning Blade groups existed in the first place. They have always surrounded themselves in secrecy and always kept a wary eye towards any intruders. However, they are also very capable tools of war - as Skarain mentioned above, they have been used by Alliance (Tides of War comes to mind). So far I know of only one massive purge - and successful at that: the one Garrosh carried against all known warlocks of the Horde. This was done not because Garrosh thought warlocks useless - au contraire, he knew they were extremely powerful but he also knew he couldn't rely on them. To wrap this up, I think warlocks are being kept around because they are -useful- from a military point of view and the leaders of both Horde and Alliance, while uneasy about their presence, allow them to go about their business provided they keep out of sight and don't vie for political power. They also stick together and are not easily rooted out unless a concerted effort is made in that direction by more than just a group of citizen militia or a lone assassin.
Rox
Rox

Character sheet
Name: Rox Greyleaf
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:58 pm

Come at me!

One at a time.

And unarmed.

Yeah.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:24 pm

Sir Zackarus Xaviour wrote:Sorry about your event Littlepip, think this ones reached it's conclusion, for now...

You won't take the chance of proving my efficiency back from me!
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down