Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] House of Nobles - Interest check

+8
Webbles
Ixirar
Willy
Amaryl
Mallucis
Jenelle
Skarain
Gavin Ravensmantle
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A] House of Nobles - Interest check Empty [A] House of Nobles - Interest check

Post by Gavin Ravensmantle Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:48 am

---This would not be an actual guild that one would have to join OOCly, but more of an event much similar to the Stormwind Council---

The basic idea is to allow the targeted group, in this case (probably only) Human Nobles, to interact with other nobles in a meaningful envorinment and forward the interests of themselves. Both individual/personal and as nobles. The event would be the participating Nobles meeting up and discuss politics, financial matters. Also to establish good or bad relations with other noble houses, maybe marrying away a daughter if that lies within your interests.

To achieve more power as nobles my idea would be to try and get a say in Stormwind's own source of politics, the Stormwind Council. Could try to convince them to give us a spot as a councillor in return of helping them out financially with different matters, ensuring the council that they could rely on us in bad economic times or when gold seems to be missing.

As previously stated the House of Nobles would consist solely of Nobles that has an internally elected chairman, whom will also represent them at the council should we aquire a spot. Every noblehouse is welcomed, both weak and strong. Voting-sessions would only allow one vote per HOUSE! nor per attending noble, so make sure to convice the others to vote like you! Should the amount of attending houses be an even number, the chairman should have the VETO. However, to prevent the chairman from only acting/voting in the interests of their own house while representing the ENTIRE house of nobles at the council (again, should the deal go through and we get an actual spot), he can at any time be forced to leave the rank of chairman empty until a new one has been elected by the members.

OOC Goals
To begin with, this is a great way of promoting the roleplaying of nobles, as it would give them a little more purpose. This might even help encouraging some people to try something entirely new out!

Last edited by Gavin Ravensmantle on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
Gavin Ravensmantle
Gavin Ravensmantle

Character sheet
Name: Gavin Ravensmantle
Title: Lord

Back to top Go down

[A] House of Nobles - Interest check Empty Re: [A] House of Nobles - Interest check

Post by Skarain Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:05 am

I am aware that there is some interest out there for something akin to the House of Nobles, so I do support this idea. Will be poking a few friends of mine whom I know roleplaying something of the like.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

[A] House of Nobles - Interest check Empty Re: [A] House of Nobles - Interest check

Post by Jenelle Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:12 pm

I have long been looking for a reason to return to WoW and roleplaying on Defias Brotherhood, and this just might be it.

Jenelle

Character sheet
Name: Lady Jenelle Fault
Title: Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:47 pm

Gavin, you should know, that people are already speaking about the concept of a house of nobles, but in different context, which is: as a organ to support the Stormwind Council, not a guild. You should know that, because I'm lobbying the idea for quite some time now, and people may get confused, if you use that name.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Ravensmantle Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:57 pm

Yes, I know, and I have been searching for you in-game. It would not be a Guild of course, like I stated.
Gavin Ravensmantle
Gavin Ravensmantle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:22 pm

Mallucis wrote:Gavin, you should know, that people are already speaking about the concept of a house of nobles, but in different context, which is: as a organ to support the Stormwind Council, not a guild. You should know that, because I'm lobbying the idea for quite some time now, and people may get confused, if you use that name.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? you know because of Lore? Like the council are a bunch of bureaucrats answering to the house of nobles, cause the nobles rule man.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Ravensmantle Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:30 pm

I agree with you Amaryl, in a way. It would not work for the nobles to suddenly surpass the council, yet they should still possess more influence than only supporting them, of course.
Gavin Ravensmantle
Gavin Ravensmantle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:13 pm

I'm dissapointed... either the activity in this forum is waning, or I need to improve my TrollInducingTechnologyâ„¢

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:00 pm

We would like to announce, that the House of Nobles will reopen on 21st day of Eleventh month!

We will hold an organisational meeting this Saturday, 14th of November, at nine bells in the evening in the Petitioner's Chamber.

Here are some things that we have agreed upon:

- HoN is a body of nobilitas of the Kingdom of Stormwind; each knight, dame, count, countess, duke, duchess, lord, and lady is welcome.
- HoN will hold closed sessions once a week; petitioners are asked to send a letter if they wish to present their ideas to HoN.
- HoN will act as a second instance to the Council of Stormwind, with a supportive role in matters of the public interests.
- each noble is obliged to oversee one project that was lied down in front of HoN, becoming the Commissioner of the said project.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:32 pm

Mallucis wrote:
- HoN is a body of nobilitas of the Kingdom of Stormwind; each knight, dame, count, countess, duke, duchess, lord, and lady is welcome.

Are Gilnean nobility included?

/ W
Willy
Willy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:46 pm

As long as His Majesty King Greymane stands next to King Varian I can't see why not.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:51 pm

Mallucis wrote:As long as His Majesty King Greymane stands next to King Varian I can't see why not.

Exactly what I was going to mention as a reason. Well, I might make a showing then! Jolly good!

/ W
Willy
Willy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:39 pm

Amaryl wrote:I'm dissapointed... either the activity in this forum is waning, or I need to improve my TrollInducingTechnologyâ„¢

I had actually written a response, which for some reason didn't post. Not home ATM and cba retyping though.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:03 am

You noticed the Rickroll in my post didn't you Ixi? admit it. Sad

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:05 am

Report from the first organisational meeting on 14th of 11th month.

There were four nobles present, including:

Lady Fiyara Emberkin
Lady Janelle Fault
Lord Gavin Ravensmantle
Sir Aramal Blackstone

These are considered to be the Initiators for the future reference.

There are some things that all gathered have agreed upon:

1. The Initiators have appointed three nobles to certain functions:
- Lord Gavin Ravensmantle was appointed the Chairman of the House;
- Sir Aramal Blackstone was appointed the Secretary of the House;
- Lady Fiyara Emberkin was appointed the Treasurer of the House.

2. The will of the House of Nobles is unanimous. Therefore, the Initiators has agreed upon the system of voting: each noble is given the right to vote and the right to veto. The voting is done by presenting the matter by the Chairman to be voted in favour by raising ones hand and saying "Aye."

3. The House of Nobles will act as a second instance to the Council of Stormwind's decisions. The House of Nobles can, therefore, be addressed by a petitioner whose concept, proposal, plan, or idea was not prepared adequately to meet the Council's agreement upon its presentation.
The House of Nobles can also gives its recommendation to certain matters connected with the Kingdom to the Council.
The House of Nobles can support Ministers of the Council in their errands, if needed.

4. Each noble of the House may be given the status of a Commissioner. The Commissioner will be personally responsible for overseeing just one petitioner's matter, keeping in touch with the very petitioner and keeping the matter up to date during the sessions.

5. The Initiators set the first organisational donation for the purpose of running the office in amount of twenty golden sovereigns.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:48 am

Can you clarify one thing?

Will the House of Nobles meeting be held immediately after Stormwind Council, or regularly at a different day?
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:14 pm

The Initiators agreed upon Saturdays late evening at 9 bells.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:55 am

Really saturday night?

Wow, are you expecting participants to be present on a regular basis, to sustain attendance? Or if a meeting only pulls in two people, that's okay too?

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Webbles Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:01 pm

Well, considering the participants were there to decide the time, I'll boldly assume that that time works for the participants.

I also don't see why it wouldn't be okay if only two people showed up. It's weird how people think an event can't be successful or fun if there aren't dozens of people.
Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet
Name: Webbles Boozeboat
Title: Her Majesty

http://thescarlet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:23 pm

Webbles wrote:Well, considering the participants were there to decide the time, I'll boldly assume that that time works for the participants.

I also don't see why it wouldn't be okay if only two people showed up. It's weird how people think an event can't be successful or fun if there aren't dozens of people.

It's more that the power of a recurring event designed to produce Stormwind community RP falls short in terms of how powerful an impact it'll have if it's just 2 people sitting around on saturday evenings. An initiative like this relies on people to attend, as what you do with it is essentially throw things at the attendants to enrich their RP. Take it from somebody who's tried leading a similar initiative (The Tinker's Court) and frequently saw evenings where even half the Gearholders couldn't be bothered to show up: This is the kind of thing where you want to attract people to attend as much as possible.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Webbles wrote:Well, considering the participants were there to decide the time, I'll boldly assume that that time works for the participants.

Hey i'm not saying it can't be succesful with two people. That's not what i'm saying - I'm asking if the ramifications of placing RP, and more importantly a recurring event, on the day where historically a lot of people have RL-plans, is the best idea.

If it's the best day for the participats who really want to do this, that is great.
If this is the day because this is day where there aren't a lot of events planned normally - then maybe the decisions needs to be rethought.
if this idea is to get more nobles and more attendance, and more random rp to be generated around this event that transcends the participants that are currently present, maybe saturday isn't the best day, (maybe it is -time will tell.)

So yes, you are right - 2 people is fine, you can have a shit ton of fun with two people. I'm not discounting that, i'm asking if people are fine with only having 2 people available at nights, because that's a far more likely thing to occur on a saturday.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:14 pm

I understand your concern, gentlemen, and thank you for sharing. Our primary idea behind setting this on Saturday was to make it as far away from the Council as possible. However, we have already encountered this mentioned side effect - some of us cannot be there each Saturday. Therefore, with your opinions in mind, we will give it another reconsideration.

However, to make it more efficient, I'd like to know how many of you would be interested in joining on your noble character?

Would a poll be a good way of setting the day?
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:48 pm

Sadly as you may be aware, the Schedule with the House is very Full, we honestly can't fit any more community events in. (Reoccurring ones) We may be able to send over individual people, I have a feeling Elgus would be very interested in this...

As for the "Day" from my perspective I would say Thursday, speaking for the House at least, that's are only open day as the majority of the Circle are off at cogshield, so the Yorians are twiddling their thumbs.

I suspect the DoL are in the same Boat

I don't expect you to cater to us in any way, so I hope it doesn't come across like that, but to offer any support toward making this a "Thing" and be able to continue doing what we're doing, it would have to be on a Thursday evening, 21:00 seems best.

GL!
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:33 pm

Ironforge Senate is held on Thursdays, so I suggest against changing the day to Thursday.

House of Nobles also seem to function differently than the Stormwind Council.
- HoN will hold closed sessions once a week; petitioners are asked to send a letter if they wish to present their ideas to HoN.
So an entire army of House of Yore members are not required to support the event. Just one or two individuals that are actually Nobles.

Speaking of that, is a quite interesting thing. Technically, House of Yore is a Noble House, but in other way, not. Someone is simply "made" a Noble, instead of through marriage, which I believe goes against the Human Nobles way. Thus, the House of Nobles might not acknowledge House of Yore as a Noble House. Only the individuals who actually have the bloodline of a Noble.

Mallucis wrote:I'd like to know how many of you would be interested in joining on your noble character?
I were originally interested, but I am honestly not sure if I can personally afford the time. I already play two active characters, two of which lead guilds IC. At most I could show up as a guardswoman (Galewatch, as a dame or not) to ensure the rabble stays away, but even then I could not guarantee attendance even if I would be interested otherwise.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Azapha Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:44 pm

Oh well lady azapha may be making an appearance at somepoint soon then after she has finished her moment from her gilneas expedition for lost items
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next