Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legion - General Discussion

+22
Skarain
Nifty
Zackarn Yorelas
Azapha
Lexgrad
Adry
Morgaan
Baji
Allonia_Miral
Littlepip
Tantzui
Melamoria
Beladon
Grufftoof
Thelos
Flo
Lyniath
erwtenpeller
Tor Wolfrise
Maelmoor
Ixirar
The Z
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Legion - General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Legion - General Discussion

Post by Skarain Fri May 06, 2016 11:38 am

That Moonwell is very sneakily hidden at the very back of the picture. I look forward on scouring every nook and cranny of that place, even if it is not the Park as it used to be.

EDIT: There is no Moonwell. It is just the gate leading to Darnassus ship. It's a nice park otherwise.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon May 09, 2016 7:51 pm

A very interesting post in regarding the different playstyles and rewards. It even mentions roleplaying.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Watcher wrote:
This is starting to sum up the Legion expansion feedback in general.

"We appreciate the feedback given, but not a damn thing's gonna change. We're totally listening to you guys though!"
I'm sorry it feels that way. This is going to be a lengthy post that will stray far afield from the topic of expensive vendor items, but there there are at least two major underlying issues here:

First off, there are multiple viewpoints on nearly any topic, as you can see in this thread. If I'd instead posted that we were going to reconsider and massively reduce the prices of the cosmetic items on this vendor, there would be other people feeling like their feedback was ignored. It's exceptionally rare that everyone wants the same thing (despite frequent framing of "no one likes X" or "we want X" when giving feedback). And even then, there is a large silent majority that does not post on forums. If there were actual unanimity regarding a certain issue, we would change our design: For example, early on in Warlords, we changed Group Finder loot from Personal back to Need/Greed until we could iterate on Personal loot further, and the community overwhelmingly told us that was a dumb idea. The change was reverted within 2 days.

Second, almost every facet of WoW is an activity that caters to a minority of the playerbase. That may sound odd at first blush, but it's true. In a sense, that's part of the magic of WoW. It is not a narrow game, but rather one that can be enjoyed in numerous different ways, by people with hugely diverse playstyles. A minority of players raid. A minority of players participate in PvP. A tiny minority touch Mythic raiding. A tiny minority of players do rated PvP. A minority of players have several max-level alts. A minority of players do pet battles, roleplay, list things for sale on the auction house, do Challenge Mode dungeons, and the list goes on. Virtually the only activity that a clear majority of players participate in is questing and level-up dungeons, but even then there's a sizeable group that views those activities as a nuisance that they have to get through in order to reach their preferred endgame.

And yet, taken together, that collection of minority groups literally IS the World of Warcraft.

Perceptions of feedback are further complicated by the fact that, due to the cooperative nature of the game, players tend to make connections with others who favor a similar playstyle. I'm generalizing a bit here, and there are certainly exceptions, but I'd guess that a typical Gladiator-level player probably doesn't have a WoW social group that consists of people who mostly solo-level alts and explore the world. And most small friends-and-family guilds don't spend a lot of time talking to competitive Mythic raiders. So when there's a change, or a feature, that is aimed at a portion of the game that isn't your personal playstyle, it's easy and in fact natural to have the sense that "everyone" dislikes it.

If we decided to focus on a specific playstyle and elevate that portion of audience above the rest, then we could certainly visibly and consistently address clear feedback from that group, but WoW would become a far smaller game in the process.

Another major consequence of this structure is that if we have some special reward (be it a unique mount, a powerful item, a title, etc.) and we choose to associate it with a particular playstyle, almost by definition a majority of player feedback will be against that decision. For example, if an awesome mount comes exclusively from PvP, the majority of players who don't participate in PvP yet desire the mount would prefer that it were otherwise. If our goal were to please a majority, we would likely have to make a version of that mount also available through raiding, and one also available through outdoor questing and reputation, at the very least. But doing that would dilute the reward itself. Ultimately, the approach we take is usually to tailor different content and rewards that can feel special to different groups, rather than trying to come up with a lowest common denominator that isn't special to anyone.

In closing, I know it often can seem like we don't listen. We are - just to many, many different voices. And it may be that a given change, feature, or reward is simply aimed at a different portion of the playerbase. Or we could be wrong and we haven't realized it yet. So please, keep talking.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Liræi Roden Thu May 19, 2016 12:08 pm

Hmm, watched the live dev update some days ago... the rebalance of leveling content and the whole concept of "underpowered 1-90" was touched and given consideration... but my hopes are not yet too high.
Liræi Roden
Liræi Roden

Character sheet
Name: Liræi Roden
Title: The Deceased Feral Hermit

http://raedin.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Legion Pre-Expansion Patch Arrives July 20
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:59 pm

• Priority #1 going forward is a steady stream of content.
  • The team is never going to rush an expansion, they will come out when they are done.
  • Ensuring there is always content in the live game while working on the expansions is important.
  • Raid tiers should last around 4 to 5 months.
  • Patch 7.1 - Return to Karazhan
  • Karazhan is coming back as a large dungeon, all nine bosses
  • Old Karazhan is staying
  • There will also be a raid between Nightmare and Nighthold, small, wrap up the Stormheim story.
  • Outdoor content
  • Patch 7.1 coming to the PTR right after Legion launches!
  • This time around there won't be a content drought.

!!!!!!!!!
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:39 am

No other words for it: OMFG!

This made me hype up quite a bit! Excuse me while I run around screaming nonsense in the next room.

*gets out of chair and leaves*
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:54 am

• The team is never going to rush an expansion, they will come out when they are done.

But it will come out as foretold by Luke 8:30 (seriously, google that quote)

• This time around there won't be a content drought.

Bwahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:26 pm

Legion's the most fun I've had with this game in years.

That's all for now.

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:44 pm

I agree with the statement above, gameplay-wise.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:48 am

I'd say I have enjoyed the surrounding elements as well. Well, mostly at least. Despite having high tolerance for cheesyness, even I've rolled my eyes a good handful of times at the nth bad guy taunting me. It's like I got transferred back to Diablo 3. I do like Suramar and the pretty settings it's got going. If only we had capitals as great as that...

Outside of PvE I've kept active enough as well. After I came back from my 7-8 month break, I decided on moving to Argent Dawn. Can't express how relaxing it was to level through an expansion for the first time, without having to worry about a nelf druid jumping you at any given time.

Actually, make that a troll druid or undead rogue in this case. I finally moved over to the Alliance after maybe ever having played on their side for somewhere around 10-15 hours during the 'bout 10 years I've played this game. It's not too bad on this side, even if I miss my gobos and trolls...

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:01 am

Very much enjoying the concept of most of the expansion thus far. Though it is a bit harsh in some areas to get to your corpse without flying in ghostform at least, cannot tell how many times I've fallen off cliffs and not got my goblin glider up in time. But that be a minor thing in comparison to everything else. The ambience of the zones, the music that fits and the flow of the quests. It just feels so damn nice to see a proper expansion for a change.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:20 am

I assume most of you know this already but you can get the lvl 100 "salvage yard" transmog sets unlocked very easily.

Create a new character and select level 100 class trial.
Gear is added to your collection!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4