Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underbelly of Dalaran... will we ever use it?

+2
Officer High Morale
Steven Adams
6 posters

Go down

Underbelly of Dalaran... will we ever use it? Empty Underbelly of Dalaran... will we ever use it?

Post by Steven Adams Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:19 am

I recently found the Underbelly on Dalaran and a few things came into my mind: Forlorn Cartel, and Tortuga. I'm just thinking, why not use the Underbelly for criminal RP? By the looks of it, it should be a Criminal Hub!
Steven Adams
Steven Adams

Character sheet
Name: Steven Adam/Tobias Michaelis
Title:

Back to top Go down

Underbelly of Dalaran... will we ever use it? Empty Re: Underbelly of Dalaran... will we ever use it?

Post by Officer High Morale Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:22 am

Well, the Underforge is there every other Friday. Does that count?

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Underbelly of Dalaran... will we ever use it? Empty Re: Underbelly of Dalaran... will we ever use it?

Post by Steven Adams Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:10 am

...Me did not know this.
Steven Adams
Steven Adams

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:46 am

A few other folks and I had given it some thought a couple of years back, the main thing preventing it was basically whether criminal activity on a large scale could possibly exist in Dalaran. Gatherings and such are easy to pass, but based criminal RP is a little different.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Adams Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:20 am

Good point...
Steven Adams
Steven Adams

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:23 am

Not that I'm saying it's something that can never be done. It's just coming up with a way to conceal it.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Adams Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:04 am

By the way, I like your quote.
Steven Adams
Steven Adams

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:24 am

Hey. As the host of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (we use Dalaran Underbelly to represent a cavern-system beneath Ironforge that we have named Underforge for a Black Market event), i'll come and toss a few points.

I do agree that the place would be awesome for Criminal RP. However, you do encounter a couple of problems. Firstly we don't have a criminal RP community large enough to populate an entire city and provide regular RP so you'd not need to search it from somewhere else. Secondly in such a place there would not be much to steal either, so you'd have to leave it and go out in the world from time to time. Thirdly explaining the IC location can be a bit tricky. While in my event we use it as an abandoned section of Ironforge, it could also be used as the Sewer system of Old Stormwind, before it got razed (how else we explain all those gates everywhere around Stormwind that lead into darkness?). It could also be used as sewers beneath Stratholme, providing that it is treated enough "cleansed" from the Scourge.

The -actual- Dalaran Underbelly can work to, the ingame physical location of Dalaran (wherever it floats at IC). However, being a flying city with access only by flying and teleportation, there are again limited possibilities how a criminal Gang can use of Dalaran Underbelly IC (as the actual Dalaran Underbelly, and not just to represent another location). Not saying that it couldn't be done, but it'd require a minor movement of Rogue-Mages to open those portals there and back, and coming up ways how to conceal such activities from the Mages upstairs. You wouldn't want to end up in the Violet Hold.

As a conclusion: Dalaran Underbelly can be used for RP, but it is unlikely to work as a Regular RP Hub unless something (a guild/initiative/movement) happens that brings more RP'ers around Dalaran. Events can work, and area already rolling.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:29 pm

The only problem I have with the Dalaran underbelly is the lack of scale. Dalaran is so tiny compared to every other city in World of Warcraft that it would be quite hard to see it as a believably hidden location for underground role-play, because of how often chat boxes between the Underbelly and the Topside would collide.

Though it's not like anyone uses Dalaran anyway so go for it.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:34 pm

It'd be a better place for a criminal/bad guy magic related guild though. Forlorn hanging there seems a little dull. I prefer to see the Underbelly used for warlocks to gather in or deal in dodgy/black market magical goods.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:17 pm

Vaell wrote:I prefer to see the Underbelly used for warlocks to gather in or deal in dodgy/black market magical goods.
Wouldn't be a bad idea, no, if such a guild/group emerges. I've not though made The Underforge to be IC in Dalaran Underbelly, mostly because it might be troublesome for common people to travel into.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down