Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just where is Dalaran now, lorewise?

+3
Cid
Ixirar
Skarain
7 posters

Go down

Just where is Dalaran now, lorewise? Empty Just where is Dalaran now, lorewise?

Post by Skarain Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:28 pm

Well......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Above Karazhan, apparently.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Just where is Dalaran now, lorewise? Empty Re: Just where is Dalaran now, lorewise?

Post by Ixirar Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:54 pm

Is that taken on live? It's not supposed to move to Kara until a bit further into the pre-expac event.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Just where is Dalaran now, lorewise? Empty Re: Just where is Dalaran now, lorewise?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:23 pm

Yeah it's above Karazhan on live if you have completed the scenario or DH starter zone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:23 pm

The screenshots were taken on Live, at around 22.00-23.00 12th of August.

The character had complete The Broken Shore scenario.

Dalaran "phases" into visibility once you enter Deadwind Pass zone. You can not see it from, say, Duskwood.

All the NPC Guards in town are "Kirin Tor Guardian", including ones to Horde and Alliance sanctuaries. The Forsaken/Gilnean doodaad/decorations are however already there.

EDIT: I tested flying to the area with a character who have not done The Broken Shore. You could not see Dalaran on that character.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:13 am

Confirmed it be there. It looks nicer than before in my opinion, like it has recieved graphical updates.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Azapha Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:40 am

Unless I have missed how to, I think you can only access the upper dalaran,  the underbelly is locked away from us

Also of note (sly smile)  you can now enter the crypt that used to be closed off in karazan before,  and if your a DH you can hope over a gate into a sealed off area (for them like me who can't help but explore new things, i also assume that with a swap blaster you could take anyone there) .. It is now called the forgotten tomb (there a lot of work put unto under karazan by the look of things, took me about 40 mins to be sure I had seen all I could find down there and some interesting/creepy stuff in there)
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:06 pm

Dalaran underbelly is mainly locked off, a good chunk of it is the rogue class hall, which currently can be accesed through the drainage pipe outside of dalaran. The other part of the underbelly will be opened up to everyone in legion, it's the part where the pvp vendors were or the place after the Dalaran arena is themed after. If i remember corectly it will have some free for all thing down there.

As for Kharazan yes it's gonna include quite a few of the classes artifact questlines, that's why it has been worked on.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Azapha Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:39 pm

I pointed out about the crypts because I could see some RP possibilitys there, it's very big area and has a lot of interesting places, could be used as an RP dungeon quite easily or cult den
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:50 pm

There is also the Warlock hideout beneath Kharazan by the river lake/river side. Its quite cool, if you want to check it out here's a screenshot of where it is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There is also a way into Dalaran sewers still.. Which is right here:

As for the crypt, you can easily enter it by dying on top of the crypt thing near were the wall would be then spirit walk through it and respawn on the other side.

And finally, I found this little thing hiding out in Kharazan while flying there from Duskwood.

Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Malixia Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:30 am

Can confirm the sewer entrance is now blocked off.
Malixia
Malixia

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:21 am

Same. Makes sense sort-of though, since they blocked the other part of Underbelly aswell.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:51 pm

A friend of mine made it into the duel area of the Underbelly thanks to the fickle phasing of the city.

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:26 pm

You might be able to get into the city simply by corpse walking into it. I've yet to test this theory.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It appears that even after completing Quests that take you to Dalaran, as part of the pre-expansion quests, the portals leading there remain in the game world.

Time remains to be seen whether this is permanent or not. In case it is, It will be a interesting to see whether the Council remains where it always have or does it relocate to another room/space.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Azapha Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:07 am

I hope it stays and the council stays there too.. Why? Because if I move my toon to dalaran ICly I just been given the best exit from room ever, who just walks out when you got a portal to home right there ^^
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:21 am

xD
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:26 pm

They'll stay there as the way to get to the Broken Isles. That's the equivalent to the Stormshield portal in the war room.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:55 pm

Probably so yeah. Kinda expected it. Guess will have to simply disable sounds for each SW council I attend to avoid the portal noise annoying my ears.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:41 pm

Presents with a slightly interesting possibility here, if the portal is annoying enough. Relocation someplace perhaps? Having an outdoors meeting like last time was quite nice change of scenery (although maybe not while raining cats and dogs). Time will tell if the setup of Council will change.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down