Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP-PvP Campaign in May

+28
Shyrendora
Izzifix
Ixirar
Lexgrad
Kozgugore Feraleye
Rhonya Steelheart
Allonia_Miral
Ralegh
siegmund
CrusaderElly
Samian/Bismack
Paia/Jenit
Skarain
Calisar
Krogon Devilstep
Odgan / Keag
Tantzui
Peridotz
Charlie Blazesong
Cid
Dyone
Helmut
Zinkle Figgins
Urièl
Obataiye
Eldiros
erwtenpeller
Rargnasha
32 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

RP-PvP Campaign in May - Page 4 Empty Re: RP-PvP Campaign in May

Post by Izzifix Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:00 pm

Since when has stealthing ever worked out?

Every single time I've seen it done, it has fallen in a single Bladestorm/Rain of magic AoE shit. It's basicly hitting the "AoE us down to such a hp disadvantage that loss is assured in less than 5 seconds. I double-dare ya, motherfucker."-button without being Samuel L. Jackson.

The last two campaigns I've been at, Alliance has lost all major battles I took part in due to Horde timing their AoE and CDs better. It's really fun RPing on the way to the skirmishes, but at some point it stops making sense for the Alliance to deploy the same forces that are seemingly unable to ever hold their ground agains the Horde in these things.

Edit:
"Major Parkinson, the Horde is amassing yet another assault at contested territory of importance."
"Important? Screw that. Send in the meat shields to slow them down a bit on their way."

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Shyrendora Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:43 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:
Obataiye wrote:I am not in favor of using Stranglethorn Vale, to get this baby back on topic again. It's not really an ''empty'' zone since we reside there.

The 'Empire' is not part of the horde though, nor is the horde obligated to take into account its opinion. So call me callous, but why should either side care? Its not like those trolls have spent near a decade hunting down and killing both factions who go there-- oh right :p

But this is not an ic discussion where our alignments mean if we have a say or not, it's an ooc discussion from role players on defias brotherhood of where would be the best place to hold the next rp pvp campaign. People have previously mentioned Stranglethorn Vale as an empty zone - this is not true, as the Empire resides there, so any role play that goes on there we would be involved in when we catch wind of it, as we'll be defending our home.

From an ic perspective, I am sure both sides would not be interested in facing two enemies instead of one. I know that in the previous campaign, the Horde tried setting up ways to use the locals (trying to turn the vrykul on the alliance, trying to set up resources from the kal'uak) so I would think it would be in the Horde's interest to make sure their stay in Stranglethorn Vale if it is used, does not upset the locals so they don't end up fighting multiple enemies.

Shy has set up agreements with Rargnasha concerning Stranglethorn and Horde staying there, however this was quite a while back during the Rebellion so I am uncertain how our agreements finalised, however I'd be happy to continue these discussions so an agreement can be made if Stranglethorn is used.

The Empire very much enjoyed the recent RP PvP campaign we attended and would love to take part in more, like it did in previous times. With Teeru currently in Alliance hands, the Empire will readily be up for fighting against the Alliance to get him back. Regardless of if we are given a chance to be involved in a server organised event, it would be polite that if Stranglethorn is used, that the Empire's residence there is kept in mind and ideas discussed, as currently it seems that people are unaware we exist there when discussing the use of the Vale.
Shyrendora
Shyrendora

Character sheet
Name: Shyrendora'shan
Title: Empress / Spirit Talker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:05 pm

Dwyburn wrote:Since when has stealthing ever worked out?

Every single time I've seen it done, it has fallen in a single Bladestorm/Rain of magic AoE shit. It's basicly hitting the "AoE us down to such a hp disadvantage that loss is assured in less than 5 seconds. I double-dare ya, motherfucker."-button without being Samuel L. Jackson.

The last two campaigns I've been at, Alliance has lost all major battles I took part in due to Horde timing their AoE and CDs better. It's really fun RPing on the way to the skirmishes, but at some point it stops making sense for the Alliance to deploy the same forces that are seemingly unable to ever hold their ground agains the Horde in these things.

Edit:
"Major Parkinson, the Horde is amassing yet another assault at contested territory of importance."
"Important? Screw that. Send in the meat shields to slow them down a bit on their way."

Its easily stopped, it's just a matter of giving out suitable orders to the relevant classes and applying specific tactics.

Rarg is probably going to kill me for this... but the way -I- would do it isn't too complicated, you only need a DK and to tell people to use their CC wisely prior too the bladestorming and after.

Widen the distance between every individual considerably, space classes evenly so that its not just a case of melee up front, but inter-mingle everyone (this should massively reduce the ability of Bladestorm to cut down whole groups). Get a Death knight with gorefiends grasp to stand out-front and pull the 'bladestorm' warriors to them/to a distant point so the mass bladestorm is wasted. As for the stealth? just have your hunters sit quietly in Camouflage near the enemy raid, the second their going to charge you flare them and their likely path so they can't use shroud, and fire in traps of a wide variety so they stumble. The Rest is just a matter of using raid warning to call targets.

Sorted.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:
Obataiye wrote:I am not in favor of using Stranglethorn Vale, to get this baby back on topic again. It's not really an ''empty'' zone since we reside there.

The 'Empire' is not part of the horde though, nor is the horde obligated to take into account its opinion. So call me callous, but why should either side care? Its not like those trolls have spent near a decade hunting down and killing both factions who go there-- oh right :p
The 'Orcs of the Red Blade' is not part of the campaign though, nor is the Red Blades obligated to take into account its opinion. So call me callous, but why should either side care (about your opinion)?

If it's located in the vale, it's to involve the Empire in some way because that's just showing good will towards the guild. Stop being a fucking dick. "Oh wait-"
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:41 pm

Coppersocket wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:

The 'Orcs of the Red Blade' is not part of the campaign though, nor is the Red Blades obligated to take into account its opinion. So call me callous, but why should either side care (about your opinion)?

If it's located in the vale, it's to involve the Empire in some way because that's just showing good will towards the guild. Stop being a fucking dick. "Oh wait-"

Interesting, Interesting.

Thread title: RP-PvP Campaign in May - by 'Rargnasha' - So a Campaign organised by the Red blade GM for the red blades, won't involve the red blades...

...and I being a Red blade officer can have no relevant opinion on such a campaign?

You drunk? = / Seriously, check what you post in future.

Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:59 pm

You shouldn't be a officer- or let alone have a word in anything, in the first place.
The fact that anyone sees you mentally capable of being an officer clearly has no interest in having a good mentality among their members.

But anyway, I really don't care enough to check who was in charge of the campaign, I assumed it was Inran, as it's been the last two times.

Disregarding SGE when desiring to put a campaign in the zone they've been in for years is absolutely atrocious and you should feel fucking embarrassed over not even considering the fact.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:05 pm

Coppersocket wrote:You shouldn't be a officer- or let alone have a word in anything, in the first place.
The fact that anyone sees you mentally capable of being an officer clearly has no interest in having a good mentality among their members.

One could say the same about you.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:05 pm

My penis is also very big.

*cough*

Just use Outland, you guys. So far that seems like the idea that's caused the least friction, and the most positive responses.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Coppersocket wrote:You shouldn't be a officer- or let alone have a word in anything, in the first place.

But anyway, I really don't care enough to check who was in charge of the campaign, I assumed it was Inran, as it's been the last two times.

Disregarding SGE when desiring to put a campaign in the zone they've been in for years is absolutely atrocious and you should feel fucking embarrassed over not even considering the fact.

Right...

Is a statement of Horde IC opinion among horde citizens, not an OOC bash as you seem to think it is.

The empire has, on numerous occasions tried to murder, kill and control the Horde. that is a fact that we are all aware of on our characters. So why would the horde, and even the alliance, want to mix with or appease such a group, especially one now so few in number and IC power.

If you can't seperate the IC from the OOC thats your problem copper, but please keep your snidey insults to yourself.

Now... back to topic...
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:21 pm

When arrenging campaigns, I think it's important to take into mind who is where, these are RP-PvP campaigns, as of such, we'd like the RP side of things to play a Major role in how the campaign is planned.

When we choose a zone or several zones, I personally think it is important to see who is inhabbiting said zone.

For example, with Westfall, I've seen some Moonbrook Syndicate guild around that could be contacted and included in some way or form, with Deadwind Pass, we got the Ordos of Arcana, and with the Stranglethorn Vale, we'd have the Gurubashi Empire.

That said, this campaign is very much in the planning stage as we speak, and the places we'd be using havn't been finalized yet.

As for who has an actual say in the campaign at this stage, would be those who help co-ordinate, arrenge and manage the campaign, regardless of what positions that they may hold within what guilds.

Edit: As for Outlands, so far the plan is to use Outlands for another campaign, set one or two months after the one in May.

Last edited by Rargnasha on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:26 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:

One could say the same about you.
It's funny you say that.
erwtenpeller wrote:My penis is also very big.
Will we get a photo of it on your head?
Krogon Devilstep wrote:Is a statement of Horde IC opinion among horde citizens, not an OOC bash as you seem to think it is.
Is it? This is a OOC discussion thread. You never stated anywhere that it was to be taken IC, and why should it unless it's specifically stated that it is?

Krogon Devilstep wrote:The empire has, on numerous occasions tried to murder, kill and control the Horde. that is a fact that we are all aware of on our characters. So why would the horde, and even the alliance, want to mix with or appease such a group, especially one now so few in number and IC power.
Because from a OOC standpoint it gives more players a chance to enjoy themselves, and that should be the prime reason for these events in the first place. To give people a chance to have fun. If it's not fun then there's no fucking reason to have it, elitism about it doesn't gain you any favors.

SGE is equally as much part of this community as you are, regardless of how small they are in numbers these days. That doesn't mean you should exclude them, especially when you're in their established region.

Krogon Devilstep wrote:If you can't seperate the IC from the OOC thats your problem copper, but please keep your snidey insults to yourself.

Now... back to topic...
Thank you for the laugh.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:14 pm

Okay, I think this has gone on for long enough. I am no moderator here, but I have a hard time thinking they'd disagree to do some divine intervention here if people don't start calming down and let the thread move back on course.

As for the topic:
Hm, Duskwood out of the picture then, Outlands come in a later campaign... How about Darkshore/Ashenvale? We've recently been in Arathi/Wetlands, so I don't think people want to go there again quite yet.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:17 pm

Cid wrote:Okay, I think this has gone on for long enough. I am no moderator here, but I have a hard time thinking they'd disagree to do some divine intervention here if people don't start calming down and let the thread move back on course.

As for the topic:
Hm, Duskwood out of the picture then, Outlands come in a later campaign... How about Darkshore/Ashenvale? We've recently been in Arathi/Wetlands, so I don't think people want to go there again quite yet.

Feralas!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:17 pm

While I think the actual debate regarding STV and SGE is relevant and worth an actual discussion, the cock jousting isn't needed nor wanted.

So just cut it out and keep it civil please.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:28 pm

I was actually thinking of Feralas earlier, ruled it out due to the distance from anything important though. Then again, we have an established Alliance and Horde camp there too, and maybe the distance deter griefers enough from bothering.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:34 pm

Cid wrote:I was actually thinking of Feralas earlier, ruled it out due to the distance from anything important though. Then again, we have an established Alliance and Horde camp there too, and maybe the distance deter griefers enough from bothering.

True that. Feralas has numerous alliance and horde camps, and a lot of wild as well as interesting locations, could even move north after a few days to Desolace, then stonetalon.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:59 pm

Cid wrote:

As for the topic:

I dont think Duskwood is out of the picture?
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhonya Steelheart Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:30 pm

I'd say in general here, no matter what place we use there would probably always be some guilds involved who stay near there. Of course it's polite to tell such guilds (If you -know- they're there, otherwise its a bit hard). And then those guilds themselves can choose perhaps what they do with the info, if they would try to drive the forces out, or join one side, or hide, or.. whatever. Smile I'd say, take what happens mostly from an IC perspective then, if for example 3-5 non-Horde aligned cultists would try to get a whole group of 20 orcs out of Duskwood (if there are even cultists there, no idea), it would be a little odd. (And probably not healthy for the Cultists.)

I think we've done Ashenvale already enough during the rebellion and used almost every base. I'd vote for either Duskwood/surroundings due to the interesting placement, or Outlands due to the pvp places that are there which could prove very interesting as w-pvp objectives. Smile
Rhonya Steelheart
Rhonya Steelheart

Character sheet
Name: Rhonya Steelheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:59 pm

Rarg mentioned a campaign after this one which involves Outland, which is why we atm try to brainstorm alternative places to fight.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:34 pm

Cid wrote:Wholeheartedly agreed. We don't line up and fight frontal assaults anymore, it is just "the one who stealths and opens first, wins". Remember when we fought in Wetlands, Koz? DRS and ORB? That was a good fight, all the way, despite minor drama about the gear issues.

Ah, dem ole days! Even if we ended up losing on that one particular clip, and it was the one event I wasn't present at myself. D:

But yes, I'm just saying, if we do want another RP-PvP campaign, I'd just like to stress the -RP- part in it myself. We all know it all comes down to OOC variables like gear and, possibly, some small degree of tactics involved (usually summed up in "nuke the healers" with most). Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more emphasis on doing said battles for the sake of RP and its results rather than who wins and gets to walk away with the largest E-peen intact. I'd personally much rather join two armies that blindly charge into one another screaming silly war cries than huddling up on one another like confused gigolos in a Cloak of Shadow cloud.

OT: Feralas is a nice enough place, but I personally don't feel it has as much potential for RP-PvP as Duskwood or Hellfire and their surroundings would offer. With Feralas, you've got bottlenecks that restrict the free flow of travel all over the place and you're pretty much restricted to either that or Desolace. And Desolace... well, doesn't have a lot to offer in my opinion.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:16 pm

Silverpine Forest. The Ghostlands. Bloodmyst Isle. Tol Barad. Gilneas. Thousand Needles. The two Blackrock Mountain zones. Twilight Highlands. Silithus. Blasted lands. Swamp of Sorrows. Winterspring. Felwood. Strikes against Darnassus/Thunder Bluff or similiar non-capital cities with one side defending.

Fights not being about territorial disputes (which is all we ever do), but about specific resources/artifacts, rescuing captured teams of operatives in hostile zones, hitting important military targets on the other side, destroying important weapons etc.

TLDR: Nobody wins the zones. One wins the start of storylines. We don't use the same old ones.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:19 pm

Actually the war in the human areas, Duskwood, Westfall, Redridge, would most likely be about looting and pillaging resources to send back to aid in the reconstruction of Orgrimmar etc.

Edit: And after X amount of time (Likely a week) The Horde forces would have to retreat, due to the Alliance NPC army having been gathered and comming to chase them away.

So for the Horde it would be about gathering resources and transfer those to our outposts/ships (Either from Tol Barad, or STV) and for the Alliance it would be about denying us resources, likely through means of patrols, blockades, sabotages, etc.
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:16 pm

Just one tiny proposition for the OOC PVP aspect of it (yes I know I know RP and shit but you can't deny the fact that PVP is important in an RP PVP campaign)

For the big battles, can we pleasepleaseplease ban Shroud of Concealment. That ability ruins more than it's worth in the huge PVP battles. In the Fjord one, too much of the battles, for me, came down to "Okay we're waiting till our leaders say go OH WAIT NOW THERE'S HORDE EVERYWHERE WELL GG".

I'd very much prefer a return to the good old clash head on instead of arms race to see who can cycle shrouds the best.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:22 pm

Exactly what I meant to imply. Whatever the name of that daft ability is.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:25 pm

Actually having that exact same conversation with a friend of mine at the moment, that Shroud of Concealment doesn't feel right as it's currently being used. However, rules of engagement and such is something that we'll look more into once the foundation of the campaign has become a bit more solid.
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next