Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP-PvP Campaign in May

+28
Shyrendora
Izzifix
Ixirar
Lexgrad
Kozgugore Feraleye
Rhonya Steelheart
Allonia_Miral
Ralegh
siegmund
CrusaderElly
Samian/Bismack
Paia/Jenit
Skarain
Calisar
Krogon Devilstep
Odgan / Keag
Tantzui
Peridotz
Charlie Blazesong
Cid
Dyone
Helmut
Zinkle Figgins
Urièl
Obataiye
Eldiros
erwtenpeller
Rargnasha
32 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

RP-PvP Campaign in May - Page 2 Empty Re: RP-PvP Campaign in May

Post by Paia/Jenit Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:23 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:The organizers can work out details like that if the idea takes off. Smile

True.

I think the thing I like most about outland objectives as I have imagined it* is that if you have multiple "games" going at once in order to "win" you'd need to split up and contest multiple spots at once so people would have a choice of what and where they wanted to play. This would make strategic "play" from commander characters something more than "trash other faction town until big battle happens".

I'm totally not biased because my connection gets unhappy when there's a hundred  or so of us on screen at once...

*I might have completely got the wrong end of the stick.

Last edited by Paia/Jenit on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paia/Jenit
Paia/Jenit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:24 pm

Yes to all of that.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Since everyone wants to go everywhere, I personally dont care where we're going and will roll with anything.
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Odgan / Keag Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:15 pm

Shattrath as sanctuary? I can already imagine all of us sitting in the World End's Tavern, spamming /rude and /threaten at each other and having glare contests. Heh
Odgan / Keag
Odgan / Keag

Character sheet
Name: Ildranor Strongbrew
Title: Mountaineer-Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by CrusaderElly Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:17 am

As a reply to a variety of comments I've seen: Shrike won't be interrupting any on-going rppvp, unless called upon to f.e. wipe the Shade (..which really still just leads to unnecessary added pew-pew, but well..).

If there are rebellious Shrikies anyway, do let me know and they'll go in the naughty corner!
CrusaderElly
CrusaderElly

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:00 am

Valiantly and bravely the Alliance fought was said at the council, but I belive this was pretty much it:

Better cross your fingers that people will least gear up this time!

Wonder what the motivation will be for making a Campaign in outland then?
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantzui Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:07 am

Paia/Jenit wrote:
I think the thing I like most about outland objectives as I have imagined it* is that if you have multiple "games" going at once in order to "win" you'd need to split up and contest multiple spots at once so people would have a choice of what and where they wanted to play. This would make strategic "play" from commander characters something more than "trash other faction town until big battle happens".

I personally have always enjoyed small battles more than big clashes. One of the best pvp in northrend was when defending Conquest Hold (about 7vs.7).

Also,
Krogon Devistep wrote:...the pity is us red blades are trying to get -away- from outland...

We've been there over a month now x.x and will likely be there a while yet.

Maybe Red Blades in Outland would be the reason for war? Allies don't wanna get you back from there, you are tribe Red Blade afterall! And it's their turn to start a war. Allies could barricade dark portal and somehow for some reason interrupt other portals between Outland-Azeroth. Trap you inside and get local resources and tactical strongholds to make you stay there.. forever as corpses! And somehow you still could get other Horde join you for capturing strongholds and resources to kick allies back where they came from. .. I dunno, but it's an idea?
Tantzui
Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:18 am

I agree the beauty of the Northrend campaign is that we were pretty much left alone for the week because it's a out of the way in terms of W-pvp guilds. Outland would be amazing because it would have everything we need but I think we would constantly get interrupted. The only other areas that would be as quiet as grizzly hills and howling fjord are the southern areas of Kalimdor or maybe the eastern and western plaguelands.

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:57 am

Northrend is just as "far away" as outland.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Urièl Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:02 pm

I will just put it here,since I dont even know if we phase or not in the city...BUT: what about Gilneas????

-Cool weather(Less cartoonish atmosphere imo).
-Rather new Graphics (due to being released in Cata).
-Lore that would justify a clash in there (I may be wrong on that point but I think no one has an hold on it ).
-Interesting zones for both rp and pvp: Blackwald,roofs,the city itself...
-Presence of Tol Barad just near it,maybe when one of the factions holds it ,could give some kind of bonus to the owners faction.
-There is not a properly large zone for an "all versus all" battle in the city itself,makeing it more a skirmish in the streets,that could be appreciable for the ones prefering small scale fights,while the people not interested could stay safe in the small villages spreaded among the map.

My only thought is: Is there actually something more than the territorial dominance itself,able to lure both the faction into a war in there????

Urièl
Urièl

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:04 pm

I could totally get behind using Gilneas. The lack of NPC's and clear offial lore means we can have actual, meaningful progression of territory. Gilneas is unique in that aspect. One side could actually win.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:25 pm

Gilneas... now -that- has huge potential.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Now that is what I'm talking about!!!! Nice way to finish MOP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:16 pm

There may be some phasing issues with Gilneas depending on a horde questline though.
I think it was something along the lines that anybody who had completed the questline ends up in a different phase.

Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:12 pm

worth scouts from both sides carrying out recconnaisance to determine the scale of phasing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:22 pm

Horde is phased, which is why the odea is sadly always scrapped.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Urièl Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:37 pm

All I know about phaseing quests is that worgen questline,and maybe the legendary one ,back in the days I used to roam in the city myself and was able to see allies.Maybe they changed it but its worthy a check,the atmosphere in there its really nice.
Urièl
Urièl

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhonya Steelheart Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:47 pm

We've tried using it not too long ago on Hordeside with some Undead, didn't work. Half of our group was phased on the outskirts of the city. Smile Since not only Worgen have quests there! Horde has a whole questline going on at the gate there and partly inside the city.
Rhonya Steelheart
Rhonya Steelheart

Character sheet
Name: Rhonya Steelheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Urièl Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Its a shame really.
Urièl
Urièl

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:30 pm

Can maybe use Silverpine though?
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:49 pm

I think it would be rather hazardous for the Alliance to launch an offensive to Silverpine, since the Horde controls Tol Barad, Hillsbrad Foothills, Howling Fjord and Venture Bay. Gilneas defense would be justify-able with Portals, but as mentioned the zone is largely affected by Phasing.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Urièl Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Alright Ill put another one on the table,with similar dark atmosphere id love :

Duskwood

-If Horde intends to move into offensive,darkshire its near Elwynn itself!
-Down there theres strangheltorn,Neutral zone,with a dock,offers a lot.
-In the middle of the map theres a portal,I think a rare emerald dragon spawned in there if im not wrong(until Wotlk I think),could be interesting for both factions if someone works on how could it work nowadays,lore wise.
-There are zones that could fit a camp for the factions well enough.
-Dark forest:skirmishes,ambushes,more sneaky battlefield.

Bad points, imo, are:

-Rather small map
-really near Elwynn,risky for the Hordies,easily trollable even.
-Not sure lots of people would actually like it,could result boreing for allyes if they are used to go there often.
-More  a guild versus guild battlefield than war campaign material.
Urièl
Urièl

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:18 pm

If we were to use the Duskwood area, it would not be Duskwood only, but the areas surrounding it. The areas that such a campaign could include would be: Strangelthorn Vale, Duskwood, Westfall, Redridge, Elwynn Forest, Deadwind Pass and Swamp of Sorrows.

There's always the question about logistics - How far out of the way would the Horde camp be? That's a question whichs' answer has both pros and cons. The harder the place is to find, the less likely it is for griefers to come and interrupt (And there's quite some nice hiding places in these areas, although they won't be brought up yet). However, the more out of the way, the more of a hassle it'd be for members of the Horde faction to get there as well.

If people are up for using camps that doesn't have a set heartstone function with it, then there's quite a few places around those areas as well that can be used, and where guards won't try to get involved.

And if people want camps that they can heartstone at, then we have places in STV and Swamp of Sorrows where the Horde has some bases.

Story-wise, at the moment, with the Horde's recent victories, it makes sense to strike where it hurts at the moment.

For the Draenor campaign, the idea that came up with focusing all the objectives at once sounds quite appealing to me, but as it stands right now I don't see alot of reason why to go there story-wise, although we can likely come up with something.

As has been mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread, the Red Blades currently have a small campaign of our own going on in Outland, so if we can find something interesting that should cause the Alliance and the Horde to suddenly be interested in fighting for control of these points - I'd be more than up for involving that in the RP campaign we've got going to give the war some context.
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:23 pm

I would Believe that the santcuary of my order would be a main objective for the horde to seek to controll for the reasons that its a fortress relatively Close to the horde camps. Its located in Deadwind Pass, so since that would in this case obiviously be a large frontier, I suppose this might also be where the Alliance players might gather their main forces. Just a suggestion and an offer of involvement  Wink 
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:52 pm

Yeah, never leave mages unattended. You let them sit around for a few days without bothering them and suddenly KALOOBEY half your ships are gone and instead you got some kind of crazed wood and water golem playing hopscotch over your infantry camps.
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next