Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

+61
Lini
Terenus
Dolerien
Clarke
Gesh
Thondalar Stormleaf
Allonia_Miral
Drustai
Flo
Seranita
Nexiax
Anivitas
Tantzui
Shanyuan
Shriukan
Sadok
Skarain
Menori
Adry
Samian/Bismack
Haen Strongwind
Grufftoof
Manathon
Raenmar
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Vardrek/Burgen
Rargnasha
Iriel Silversong
Officer High Morale
Littlepip
Charlie Blazesong
Coppernut
Lavian
Ledgic
Kadnir
siegmund
Kozgugore Feraleye
Amaryl
Izzifix
Shaelyssa
Krogon Devilstep
Cid
Ixirar
Zaraj
Lexgrad
Zouyo
Helmut
Ruby
Zinkle Figgins
Paia/Jenit
Kittrina
erwtenpeller
Muzjhath
Demurral
Rmuffn
Sanara
The Z
Coppersocket
Ralegh
Vaell
Thelos
65 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

Post by Muzjhath Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:02 pm

Well, Keal had practically already been murdered and shoved a fel crystal into himself to keep alive.
Since he was crazy at that point.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Crazy tyrants, crazy tyrants everywhere.

On a more on subject note, I'm going to type out a little post on the rogue changes in the alpha so far with a few thoughts.

I hope some other folks join me in looking over their classes and evaluating the changes by their own opinions.

(don't forget 91-100 perks and new glyphs!)
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:23 pm

Evaluation of level 100 Monks:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Evaluation of level 100 Monks done.

Evaluation of Rogues:
Spoiler:

Evaluation of Warriors:
Spoiler:

Evaluation of Priests:
Spoiler:

Evaluation of Mages:
Spoiler:

Evaluation of Druids:
Spoiler:
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:48 pm

I find the post above me accurate.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:21 pm

...amusing, either way...

Rogue WoD Alpha Changes

These are just some of the key things -I- honed in on. If I miss anything feel free to flag it up and swat my nose for lazyness, but I posted the things I personally took a keen interest/curiosity in, and some stuff was left out to stop me repeating myself/going into the minute specifics of numbers and their crunching.

Quality of life changes:

-Rogue: Ambush no longer requires the Rogue to be behind the target.
-Rogue (Subtlety): Backstab can now be used on either side of the target, in addition to behind the target.

Been wanting these changes forever. it makes landing attacks -far- less frustrating, anyone who plays a rogue knows just how horrid keeping behind another player is sometimes

- Honor Among Thieves can now also be triggered by critical hits from the Rogue's melee Auto Attacks.

This is just brilliant, both for pve sub rogues and pvp. those potential extra combo points are very welcome. However, i'd still like to know just how often those procs will occur

-Weapon restrictions - we decided to loosen the weapon requirements on Assassination (allowing one handed swords and fist weapons). It's important to note that we still intend for daggers to be the optimal choice for Assassination Rogues, but this change will help Rogues who want to try out Assassination but don't have two daggers.

Glorious, just glorious. for pve no doubt every rogue will still use daggers for maximizing their dps output as assass, but for the more slack among us, and perhaps even for pvp... swords/fist weapons will be lovely. Always thought rogue weapon restrictions somewhat of an archaic hinderance myself, and its a shame that view is still somewhat held, but this change gives me hope.

New Talents:

level 100 - Death from Above: Finishing move that consumes combo points on the target to empower your weapons with shadow energy and perform a devastating two-part attack. You whirl around, dealing up to xxxxx damage to all enemies within 8 yds, then leap into the air and slice into your target on the way back down, dealing up to an additional 500% weapon damage (up to 723.5% if a dagger is equipped). Damage based on combo points consumed.

Interesting move, 20 second cooldown, can kick out some brutal damage. My guess is it's intended as a nasty pve finisher along with eviscerate and envenom, how it works with their rotations in the end is anyones guess but it should prove lovely for packs/aoe.

level 100 - Shadow Reflection: Summon a shadow of yourself on the target that will watch you and memorize your offensive ability usage for the next 8 sec. After this time, it will mimic the memorized abilities on its target over the next 8 sec.

This, this I loved the sound of. Could be Sub's best friend, and has the potential for being rather wonderful for pve too. Theres also the added surprise of double killing spree's as combat that could add up to some sick burst, especially if your creating with silence/stun Dr's inbetween.

level 100 Venom Zest: Increases your maximum energy by 15. Increases your energy regeneration rate by 5% for every enemy you have poisoned, up to 3.

A little unimpressed by this one, maybe useful for assass rogues making good use of Fan of knives and maybe for openers but it doesn't fit in well with anything else.

level 75 (replaces paralytic poison) - Internal Bleeding: Your successful Kidney Shots now also cause Internal Bleeding on the target, dealing xxxxx damage per combo point over 12 sec.

This, this I like. Blizzards removal of extra CC was inevitably going to hit rogues somehow and paralytic poison was a far better choice than blind. An extra bleed for sub and Assass? yes please, the damage could be wonderful stacked up with rupture/garrote/hemo.

Removed Abilities:

- Disarm Trap: Disarm a hostile trap. considering we still get to detect traps, I won't bitch and moan but i'l miss the skill, it was extremely handy. on the other side of the coin it helps hunters, i know they've had trap problems all expansion and rogues just made it worse.

- Dismantle: Disarm the enemy, preventing the use of any weapons or shield for 8 sec. not overly fussed, everyone else is losing their disarms, but I will miss the little bit of utility against other melee classes

- Mind-numbing Poison: Coats your weapons with a Non-Lethal Poison that lasts for 1 hour. Each strike has a 50% chance of poisoning the enemy, clouding their mind and slowing their casting speed by 50% (10% on player targets) for 10 sec. not sure why their removing this if i'm honest, it may have been a barely noticed effect and its not exactly a clutter, who knows what blizz was thinking?

- Redirect: Transfers any existing combo points to the current enemy target. Requires active combo points. with combo points being bound to the rogue now instead of the target, it no longer has a purpose so not a worry!

- Shadow Blades: Draw upon the surrounding shadows to empower your weapons, causing your auto attacks to deal pure Shadow damage and your combo-point-generating abilities to generate an additional combo point when used. Lasts 12 sec. I hated this spell. yes, it dealt lovely damage, yes it was nice for building combo points... but they had to break/ruin backstab to make it work, and that just grinded my gears. with its departure and adjustment to ambush/backstabs positional requirements i'm a much more happy rogue

- Rupture is no longer available to Combat Rogues. - this is a minor thing, and i'm not all too clued in on how combat works, so some other rogue would have to tell me what they make of this

New Glyphs:

A lot of the following glyphs are interesting, and potentially very useful, but I'm just unsure what i'd replace to have them... mainly as i like my current glyphs so much.

- Glyph of Energy - Increases your maximum Energy by 20. [i]nice for those pvp rogues who need that extra oomf of energy for openers

- Glyph of Elusiveness - Reduces the cooldown on Evasion by 30 sec. i'l be honest, if you did'nt get the job done with your first evasion then the second one after using preperation, then something is wrong. Bit of a waste of a slot in my mind

- Glyph of Energy Flows - Each time you dodge while Evasion is active, you gain 10 Energy. -this- has potential, but when evasion is up generally speaking your trying to survive, not nuke things. So why would you want the extra energy? perhaps in arena, though again I'd be hesitant in sacraficing other glyphs for this

- Glyph of Disappearance - Reduces the cooldown on Vanish by 60 sec, but when Vanish's duration ends, Stealth is no longer automatically activated. A brilliant pve glyph for sub spec, allowing rogues the chance to keep find weakness up, not much use beyond that, but then gain perhaps it could be exploited in pvp too with some craftyness?

Draenor perks:

theres only two perks that I thought of any real interest or worth noting here, as most are simple damage boosts or minor CD/duration improvements...

Enhanced Vanish: Reduces the cooldown on Vanish by 30 sec. - Wow, a whole 30 seconds? I was very surprised by this. With all the messing around with vanish/preperation in early WoD its startling to see the devs meddle with it again. I won't complain, but i forsee a lot of whine.

Enhanced Premeditation: "Premeditation is no longer an active ability. Instead your Garrote and Ambush always generate 2 additional combo points when used from Stealth." -
this, this annoys me. thankfully due to certain well known rogues voicing deep concern on the forums, blizzard has supposedly already held its hands up and said it will be re-worked. I was worried that a rather integral if often over-looked part of sub has been messed up. the system works![/i]
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:28 pm

Just a note, since you commented on this with dismantle but not with mind-numbing:

All spell cast time reduction spells (Mind numbing, curse of tongues, hunter goat debuff, so on) has been removed from the game, so the mind numbing this is just to keep rogues in line with the flow.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:33 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Just a note, since you commented on this with dismantle but not with mind-numbing:

All spell cast time reduction spells (Mind numbing, curse of tongues, hunter goat debuff, so on) has been removed from the game, so the mind numbing this is just to keep rogues in line with the flow.

ahhh, now you see I missed that. x_x' thanks for telling me.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:41 pm

Hope they update things on the poision side then though least... What's the point of having them then if your only non lethal is cripling (Bar leeching which is a talent), while the rest is wound and deadly as lethal, not that much openness there either to be fair. Who knows really!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:43 pm

siegmund wrote:Hope they update things on the poision side then though least... What's the point of having them then if your only non lethal is cripling (Bar leeching which is a talent), while the rest is wound and deadly as lethal, not that much openness there either to be fair. Who knows really!

no deadly for combat either = / le bizzare.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:
siegmund wrote:Hope they update things on the poision side then though least... What's the point of having them then if your only non lethal is cripling (Bar leeching which is a talent), while the rest is wound and deadly as lethal, not that much openness there either to be fair. Who knows really!

no deadly for combat either  = / le bizzare.

To be fair deadly will be just instant which is like just making it not be a dot poision.... So uh *shrug*
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:26 am

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:42 am

He looks... Alive.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:56 am

Biggest improvement so far. If you look at all the animation previews, suddenly, Tauren don't feel like sluggish oafs anymore.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:33 am

Reminds me of the tauren in the WoW intro, I'd say a pretty good job all in all. Now I want to see it wield a totem-weapon. Very Happy 
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:56 am

That Tauren model actually makes me want to play WoD more than anything else. It looks wonderful.

My first ever WoW character was a Tauren hunter at launch. But I scrapped him about level 5 when I became convinced Tauren's moved more slowly than other characters. It's still something that sticks with me... that sense of sluggishness. Not huge and bovine power. But sluggish ruminance.

This model changes that. And makes me happytoof.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:45 am

I actually really dislike the Tauren update, the animations especially. With the Dwarf, Gnome and Orc animations we've seen so far the "personality" of the model seems very unchanged, but I rather like the Tauren having a calm, stoic demeanour - reflecting how Cairne behaved 90% of the time, being a wise native american stereotype, but a positive one in my eyes.

This new one is a bit too Pixar-esque, and very energetic. He reminds me of Sully from Monsters Inc. (Which wouldn't usually be a bad thing, I love that movie, but alas.)
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:55 am

Stop cheating:
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:58 am

Grufftoof wrote:That Tauren model actually makes me want to play WoD more than anything else.  It looks wonderful.

My first ever WoW character was a Tauren hunter at launch.  But I scrapped him about level 5 when I became convinced Tauren's moved more slowly than other characters.  It's still something that sticks with me... that sense of sluggishness.  Not huge and bovine power.  But sluggish ruminance.

This model changes that.  And makes me happytoof.

Maybe you'll even make a.... HOOFTOOF?!
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Manathon Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:01 am

Meanwhile, female night elf. Kind of.

Manathon
Manathon

Character sheet
Name: Manathon Oakshadow
Title: Druid with beard

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:07 am

OH GOD BURN IT WITH FIRE!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:11 am

They'll look better with more hair.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:19 am

This looks so great.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:21 am

There's something seriously wrong with her posture in the neutral stance.

... also those underpants look very uncomfortable with those hooks. Yeesh.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:43 pm

So checking the screens from all the WoD zones. And Nagrand has this massive building with primitive-mogu architecture, with a throne room, orcish/ogre throne, with two mogu statues on eitherside.

I'm.. confused.

Then again all the infernals in the sky background confuse me as well in some zones.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:46 pm

Placeholder models possibly for Orc statues?
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet
Name: Grek'thar Earthstorm
Title: Crazy orc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next