Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Rant] A comic plea for more serious RP.

+17
Chase - Esou
Quin
Wubeh
Halya
Jayse
Krogon Devilstep
Azarth/Tyzai
Mandui
Cathee Norris
Magaskawee/Anaei
Ataris
Elízabéth Moren
Shaelyssa
Geldar
(Goggy) - Exilius
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Jeanpierre
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Rant] A comic plea for more serious RP. Empty [Rant] A comic plea for more serious RP.

Post by Jeanpierre Tue May 11, 2010 2:31 pm

I can't help feeling the random RP has degenerated a bit in Stormwind. The survivability of RP characters seems at an all time low... in fact... my characters have had more attempts on their lives than they had threats of injury.

Sadly, I can not be arsed to read (and thus not spellcheck my own) rant posts so I thought I'd try a different plea for slightly more serious RP. So I made these:

[Rant] A comic plea for more serious RP. Judgek

[Rant] A comic plea for more serious RP. 26179170

[Rant] A comic plea for more serious RP. Oddr

[Rant] A comic plea for more serious RP. Groceries

[Rant] A comic plea for more serious RP. Jackshit

Peace out,
JP
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

[Rant] A comic plea for more serious RP. Empty Re: [Rant] A comic plea for more serious RP.

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Tue May 11, 2010 2:35 pm

JP, I would never let the cookie monster hurt you.
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

[Rant] A comic plea for more serious RP. Empty Re: [Rant] A comic plea for more serious RP.

Post by Jeanpierre Tue May 11, 2010 2:38 pm

Your words bring tears to my eyes and a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Tue May 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Very Happy Haah, at the first!
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue May 11, 2010 2:57 pm

I blame anime powered charecters for all the crap RP they provide. Every second person is a deadly ninja/head-arch-mage-of-Kirin`tor/Demonicdarklordofdoom(which likes to hit on women in the Cathedral district more than actually show he is evil)/some misunderstood emo-nightelf-priestess (who infact happens to be the angel bastard child of Alexstrazha and Arthas) or and yes, I will go there now: certain crusaders who think its 'cool' to run around like headless chickens in Stormwind thinking they own the place/can do whatever they want even though they will get squished like a insect if we actually thought of things in a realistic manner, and not only that but the entire fact that they expect people to take them seriously in the end.

TL;DR version: Before you make a charecter to RP with, think over some things.

Example: THIS IS WORLD OF WARCRAFT WITH ITS DEFINED LORE AND SPECIFICS, THIS IS NOT FINAL FANTASY 7 WHERE YOU GET TO PLAY A ONE WINGED ANGEL. STICK TO IT.

Example n`2: You are a idiot who has no clue about what he is doing in RP, who refuses all help be it ICly or OOCly when offered, not only that but he takes it as a insult because he knows how to do things 'his own way' ( most of the time OP ) which usually ends with the ignore option.

In the end of the day, if you want good RP you know where you can find it. And if you dont want to get in shit RP you know which areas to avoid. Visit the Blade now and then, see what im talking about, visit the Council, or any other event/player runned establishment and enjoy yourself. Smile
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Tue May 11, 2010 3:00 pm

Geldar wrote:
Example: THIS IS WORLD OF WARCRAFT WITH ITS DEFINED LORE AND SPECIFICS, THIS IS NOT FINAL FANTASY 7 WHERE YOU GET TO PLAY A ONE WINGED ANGEL. STICK TO IT.

But I wook so pwetty wit my puwple faiwy wings and my pink unicorn :(.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 3:02 pm

People tend to think they're uber-badasses exempt from any and all laws, when in truth it's the opposite: Everyone starts off as a nobody. You want to make yourself bad-ass, RP your tail off and work for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue May 11, 2010 3:03 pm

Of course man! I do enjoy the good RP I've seen so far. Never the less it saddens me that I can't have a religious discussion in the Cathedral with a fellow priest without having 2 naked DK's walking in and swinging their blade at everyone.
Anyways, this post is just to express some frustrations which I think many RP'ers experience at some point. I thought making comics of it would be a more enjoyable outlet Smile

That doesn't mean good RP doesn't exist Wink
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue May 11, 2010 3:05 pm

Jeanpierre, I sugest the following method be employed:
[Rant] A comic plea for more serious RP. Kill_it_with_fire_scorpio
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Those DK's are lolrpers / oocers. Ignore them. <.<

Anyway, its cool to hop and flip and wave like the Final Fantasy folks and whatnot

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Tue May 11, 2010 3:28 pm

Felinaa/Dijie/Finnabhair wrote:People tend to think they're uber-badasses exempt from any and all laws, when in truth it's the opposite: Everyone starts off as a nobody. You want to make yourself bad-ass, RP your tail off and work for it.

Actually, the game says you're a hero of the Alliance when you log in. :p Haha, but ya I totally agree. I used to role-play a beggar once and she was violated by a runeblade :(.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 3:36 pm

Shaelyssa wrote:Actually, the game says you're a hero of the Alliance when you log in. :p Haha, but ya I totally agree. I used to role-play a beggar once and she was violated by a runeblade Sad.

I used to have a Fishmonger character and sold fish in Orgrimmar. Very Happy It wasn't too bad, except I had to compete with yelling goldsellers. Then I got tired of it and just posted them on the AH instead, they sold faster that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 4:09 pm

ANIME RUINED MY IMMERSION, true story.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Tue May 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Not all of us Anime-Lovers are bad RP'ers D:

Hey, atleast we dont have some of the RP'ers from Argent Dawn. When I made a Death Knight there to try out the actual RP, I got invited to a RP Guild on Horde side... I was quite happy, but then I realised what the guilds story was, which made me run a mile.

They were Horde elites sent back from the future to help destroy the Alliance, and they were IRL friends inspired by the Halo series... The leader (Called Árbiter >.>) Was a Troll Death Knight, who ICly was not a Death Knight, and he was infact standing straight up in a suit of powerful battle armor Neutral - So eh, mhm...

So just be lucky we have nothing as bad as a bunch of people on Argent Dawn.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue May 11, 2010 4:33 pm

all of us Anime-Lovers are bad RP'ers

See what I did thar?
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Tue May 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Geldar wrote:

Yes, Brother-Captain Angelos of the 3rd Company.

That said, people can draw their inspiration from wherever they want IMO, Blizzard sure does. What matters is people keep in mind that the people you interact with are real people, who also want to have a good time. Keep an open mind, give advice or discuss something if you disagree instead of going all HAET UR/IGNORED.

Everyone starts off somewhere, gotta guide them in the right path, even if they are one-winged angels, IMO. Of course there are exceptions where people refuse to take advice and all you can do is shake your head and move on, but those are from my experience pretty rare. You can usually even get OOCers to come up with IC responses if you interact with them in a nice manner.

Sorry if I trailed off.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue May 11, 2010 5:03 pm

That said, people can draw their inspiration from wherever they want IMO, Blizzard sure does.

Draw inspiration, yes. Play it entirely as the charecter is from the movie/game/comic, no. Personally yeah, when I began RPing I took inspiration from Cpt. Angelos, but the only thing in comon he has with Geld` is the surename :p

In that line of thoughts regarding what you said concerning the guiding of people towards proper Role Play, that hardly ever happens these days from what I have noticed. People just refuse to take any form of advice no matter how politely it has been provided.

Besides, you havent been around for around a year, right? If you come online now and see what the deal IS currently, you`ll see that its almost a different world from what it was a year ago RP wise, so much has changed. Not saying its that horrible, but it sure is frustrating to try and RP in the open around Stormwind.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue May 11, 2010 5:10 pm

..I dislike the thought that I rp more than I am. Ok Anaei is a princess, but just like real Monarchy I was literally born into this. When I was leaving SGE forever Cicci asked me to play her daughter. I didn't really know much about her character. Infact Arathor wasen't even a kingdom then!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Tue May 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Tbh, we're all special snowflakes. Check out Prologue, it has a bloody Peon Guild, Orcish aswell as a human version! And that's just one of many. D:
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Zalgradis worst mary sue ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue May 11, 2010 5:53 pm

Aww, come on. I was hoping to make a satirical and perhaps comical point. Not to start an anime flame war. Evaluate a player by their RP quality, not their OOC passions.

I think being open minded is a good way to make the game more enjoyable. We all have different views on what is possible and what not. Being open minded is basically the only way to get things to work.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Tue May 11, 2010 6:05 pm

Well said, Jean.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Tue May 11, 2010 6:11 pm

And that is why JP is in the disciples!

MWHAHAHAH F U OTHER GAIS!
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Tue May 11, 2010 6:27 pm

Anaei wrote:..I dislike the thought that I rp more than I am. Ok Anaei is a princess, but just like real Monarchy I was literally born into this. When I was leaving SGE forever Cicci asked me to play her daughter. I didn't really know much about her character. Infact Arathor wasen't even a kingdom then!

Oh my god.

I think this is the first time you call me Cicci.

<3

But yeah, I think we had RPed once or twice with you on the troll and me on Sai when I dropped the suggestion. And even if we might of had disagreements, I'm still feeling quite content with my suggestion back then Smile
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 6:30 pm

Bennedict wrote:MWHAHAHAH F U OTHER GAIS!

I know where you live...

No, seriously, I was looking on my globe and located the Faroe Islands. Squee!

Yes, people -should- be open-minded about other RPers' styles, but that should also be reciprocated. I'm not fond of emote-fighting, I think better RP/interaction can be had, but some people won't respect that so I was often caught between either going through with it, or being branded a noob and meta-gamer if I tried to get out of it. And it didn't just happen once, the same associated people kept pushing at it again and again to the point where it was almost the only thing I was able to do for that session. It got old fast and I didn't enjoy it at all, especially when I made it clear I wasn't interested.

Bleh. =\

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next