Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding Semi-IC LFR (5.4 Spoilers) - Lore/Interest Check

+21
siegmund
Drustai
Ixirar
Cid
Vardrek/Burgen
Rargnasha
Gilran
Beladon
Lavian
Tuomas/Decurius
erwtenpeller
Thondalar Stormleaf
Rae Wulfgnar
Ralegh
Skarain
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Coppersocket
Helmut
Iriel Silversong
Crowley
Feral / Blackfall
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Regarding Semi-IC LFR (5.4 Spoilers) - Lore/Interest Check - Page 2 Empty Re: Regarding Semi-IC LFR (5.4 Spoilers) - Lore/Interest Check

Post by Skarain Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:32 am

I will not promise doing anything at all in regard of coordination before the conversation is done so i know what would it include and see if in possession of required resources and time.

Should be available most evenings.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Regarding Semi-IC LFR (5.4 Spoilers) - Lore/Interest Check - Page 2 Empty Re: Regarding Semi-IC LFR (5.4 Spoilers) - Lore/Interest Check

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:02 am

I am in in in in! Have a druid healer should Thon be allowed to go, if not I have my hunter in WT. Very Happy Even got a emotionless tank if I gear her a bit. Wink
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:17 am

Awesome! I'll try to grab a couple of you for a convo at some point soon then post a proper WIP-Event thread afterward. <3
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:27 am

Helmut wrote:Well.. Some will/should get the credit for killing Garrosh. The only question is.. Who?
"Adventurer X"
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:44 am

Helmut wrote:Well.. Some will/should get the credit for killing Garrosh. The only question is.. Who?
As we've seen in previous end expack raids the adventurers can only say they IC helped anyway. Noone killed Arthas but Tirion, noone killed Deathwing but Thrall, and in any case we're going in in 25 for a reason, so that's a non-problem.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:45 am

The conclusion of the european part of WW2 isn't put down to "X Soldier shooting Hitler" (he suicided, I know, point still stands), but to "The allied forces defeated Nazi-Germany and liberated europe".

If anybody gets credits for the victory, it's either Varian or the Alliance as a whole.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:48 am

Hell no, son. It'll be Vol'jin. Because Blizzard looooooves the horde Very Happy
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:51 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Hell no, son. It'll be Vol'jin. Because Blizzard looooooves the horde Very Happy
At least if it'll be Vol'Jin the fact that the Alliance leaves without anything would make sense. At least, a bit more sense. Considering it's 0 sense as it stands, even a single point helps.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:32 pm

Might be up for it, gear is more than enough to actually tank this. (Plus i'm with Wild tempest)
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:43 pm

I would be interested in the out of raid parts. As for the raid itself, I truly think we players are nothing more than the Infantry support. If you look closely at the raid make up it's clear a major faction leader/Character from the world is involved in every boss fight. So in truth I believe the credit of slayings go to them with regards to Raid bosses etc. Doesn't mean we can't rp our involvement in the chaos flooding the streets of orgrimmar.
Beladon
Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:31 pm

Beladon wrote:I would be interested in the out of raid parts. As for the raid itself, I truly think we players are nothing more than the Infantry support. If you look closely at the raid make up it's clear a major faction leader/Character from the world is involved in every boss fight. So in truth I believe the credit of slayings go to them with regards to Raid bosses etc. Doesn't mean we can't rp our involvement in the chaos flooding the streets of orgrimmar.
Yeah that's about right, I wouldn't go saying "I FOUGHT GARROSH HAND TO HAND" but to say you caught a glimpse of the fighting while brawling with generic Kor'kron forces, sure.

I'm in a chat with a few of the folks who posted in here, in any case. Right now it looks like once the dates are released, there may be another series of events involving moving to Durotar and RPing some military again, similar to Barrens event, then culminating in the raid itself.

We're trying to get some details, apparently on PTR there's a quest chain that goes through Durotar itself. I had said if it was phased we could abuse it to spend a day or two at the gates of Orgrimmar itself without fear of ganking (too much), but currently it doesn't appear to be phased.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:59 pm

This was in discussion long before the thread came up yeah, but it lacked the initiative, guess now's the right time for it!

So, Dwarves from Three Hammers would be interested in participating, so I guess you could reserve a few spots for them!
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:04 pm

The Northern Rebellion intends to invade Orgrimmar from the North. In the raid, the Valley of Honor is shown as being closed off by a lowered gate and heavy fortifications. So we'll likely be dealing with our own player-made Kor'kron NPCs - Wether we'll be using the raid, or something else, to represent those player-made Kor'kron NPCs, we'll see.

As for who kills Garrosh.
Incase they do like they did in ICC Deathbringer Saurfang, where Horde gets one set of events that takes place. (Varok Saurfang gives the whole rant about his boys name), Alliance gets another (Varok approaches, Muradin stops him, Wrynn goes in and orders Muradin to stand down. Varok gets all happy in his pants and Jaina starts crying). In this scenario, there'll be a clear split with Horde being guided to claim scenario X is the true one, Alliance will be guided to claim Scenario Y is the true one.

Then we have the set event, much like the Lich king, where a special NPC is set to get the kill. (Vol'jin kill stealing on Garrosh, or Wrynn going all Executioner after the raid has weathered him down!)

Or.. We simply don't get any NPC involvement before the battle is over!

Regardless of which of the three we'll get, or something new entirely, I usually keep it as a rule of thumb to keep characters out of direct contact with any major lore NPCs or raid bosses. Though that seems somewhat preaching to the choir in this thread atleast.

Anyhow, on a related matter. When would people prefer to see him as defeated 'Server lore-wise'? This could have some importance for the different RP initiatives being taken all around the world of Azeroth (And alot for the current Rebellion plot!). When the first Heroic kill lands? When the different RP campaigns culminates at their final stages (That'll be one heck of a mess!), when the patch after SoO arrives?

This isn't something that everyone needs to agree on ofcourse - And indeed isn't something that everyone will agree upon (As we don't have all RP'ers on Defias Brotherhood on this forum - Or even the public Defias Brotherhood Forum). But some sort of general consensus could be fancy to go by!
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:42 pm

Cool, dwarves! Very Happy

And yeah.. We've been talking about the whole "need to find best time to claim the kill happened." I think it'd be best if it occurred when the culmination / LFR happens if a lot of guilds are involved, but also it'd be best to reverse that--to finish it when people prefer to have him dead.

I want to wait and see the LFR release dates. People will probably try it on Flexi instead, but I think it'd be best if we had LFR backup--and also that we don't rush the whole thing and finish it too quickly.

When would people prefer to see him as defeated 'Server lore-wise'?
So I'd say, find out when boss is released LFR, and decide then--somewhere later in the patch in other words--and base the RP around that. But I'm also curious as to what people have to say here, since that's what we happened to be discussing today!
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:53 pm

Feral / Blackfall wrote:"I FOUGHT GARROSHTRON HAND TO HAND"
I did:
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:06 am

First rule of Roleplay don't claim raid kills......X adventurer did it no one else.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:06 am

Or a hero from whatever faction ingame (/cough Tirion Fordring-ICC /cough).
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:21 pm

Yeah don't worry folks, I don't think anyone in this thread ever suggested that any individual claim a kill on Garrosh. In fact, quite the opposite Razz
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:24 pm

Feral / Blackfall wrote:Yeah don't worry folks, I don't think anyone in this thread ever suggested that any individual claim a kill on Garrosh.  In fact, quite the opposite Razz
Erh....
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:05 am

Why do these conversations start when I'm not available...

We had been talking about the possibility of doing an IC raid, yes. Doing it as an LFR is an issue though, because you will need a full group of 25 RPers (who stay for the whole thing). Doing flexiraid 10m is better, but will be harder and require higher equipment.

Campaign wise, the horde rebels have already cleared out Ashenvale, and Alliance have already cleared out Southern Barrens. So the main targets for 5.4 would be Azshara (rebels already have plans for this), Northern Barrens (Battlefield is ending, but the kor'kron locations should still be there), and Durotar.

I'll be doing more IC development of this soon, once I am back on my feet here. Main thing is that we'll need to treat the siege as an actual siege, rather than a quick and final invasion. That way, we can draw it out over the course of the whole patch.

As for 'when' to treat Garrosh as defeated, let's just give it some time for now. No need to determine it right this moment.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:12 am

Patch will seem to arrive on september 10th. For the stetching it out for the whole patch i'm not sure. There should be balance between not being too short or too long as for one in the Barrens campain it went the best for two weeks then died down. In the end leaving only a handful of guilds and in the end only two. But there is plenty of time to still think about it i guess.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:20 am

Yeah the Barrens campaign while fun did stretch on far too long in my eyes. I'd say this should go on ~2 weeks. I'll toss up a thread on the Events section and see what people have to say.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:00 pm

siegmund wrote:Patch will seem to arrive on september 10th. For the stetching it out for the whole patch i'm not sure. There should be balance between not  being too short or too long as for one in the Barrens campain it went the best for two weeks then died down. In the end leaving only a handful of guilds and in the end only two. But there is plenty of time to still think about it i guess.
Its been kind of a soft-rule since the beginning of DB, that big ass events Don't last longer than two weeks, because its always the case that after two weeks most guilds want to get back to business as usual.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:37 pm

Official Preliminary Event Thread can be found here:

http://www.defiasrp.com/t7288-a-in-planning-the-siege-of-orgrimmar-54-spoilers

Feel free to bring ideas, sign-ups and so forth that way!
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:45 pm

Yeah. The Jade Fist (One of the best events that I've ben in) only went on for 2 weeks, I beleive, and was set for that time aswell. I might be wrong, but two weeks seems to be the absolute top amount of time for a campaign.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next