Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding Semi-IC LFR (5.4 Spoilers) - Lore/Interest Check

+21
siegmund
Drustai
Ixirar
Cid
Vardrek/Burgen
Rargnasha
Gilran
Beladon
Lavian
Tuomas/Decurius
erwtenpeller
Thondalar Stormleaf
Rae Wulfgnar
Ralegh
Skarain
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Coppersocket
Helmut
Iriel Silversong
Crowley
Feral / Blackfall
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Regarding Semi-IC LFR (5.4 Spoilers) - Lore/Interest Check Empty Regarding Semi-IC LFR (5.4 Spoilers) - Lore/Interest Check

Post by Feral / Blackfall Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:10 pm

Note: Official Preliminary Event Thread here, feel free to take sign-ups and suggestions that way!
http://www.defiasrp.com/t7288-a-in-planning-the-siege-of-orgrimmar-54-spoilers

So I'm wondering how acceptable it would be, if those guilds involved in the entire Kor'kron conflict, and those who would ICly be involved in an Orgrimmar assault, actually did some events around Org, leading up to a raid run (LFR or otherwise--can entire raids queue for LFR?) of Siege of Orgrimmar.

Was this something already planned regarding the Kor'kron/rebellion war effort?

Generally there's a break between those characters/guilds who are "generic soldier" and those who are "the hero," and most of us don't want to claim to be "the heroes" closely integrated with lore.  But in the case of the Siege of Orgrimmar, ICly there'd be a HUGE open door for an entire army to lay siege--for us all to be involved, and to say ICly that we were part of it.  In fact, it'd be unlikely that those involved in Stormwind military forces, let alone the Horde rebellions, would NOT be involved.

I'm not saying to run the LFR icly necessarily, but to run it together as a large Defias group, perhaps one per faction, maybe a few times, and to decide in advance who was involved with what portion (guildwise) of the assaults.  It's just a thought--to say that for example a contingent of the Regiment was sent to siege the walls, that Tempest went in as frontlines to destroy the initial Kor'kron retaliation and so forth.  The raid run itself would be the final piece, so to speak--and the serverlore would then alter to say that Garrosh is dead--before everyone splits up, goes home and calls the threat "sorted."

I was thinking deployment to Barrens/Durotar/Ashenvale once more, gathering of forces for an assault, maybe a few events leading up to it followed by the LFR, followed by gathering up and going home.

Has this already been suggested?  Is it too much to say "we were involved directly?"  Any other comments/ideas?

That's about all from me.  Reason it's not in the Events section is that I'm just tossing the idea about right now.  If anyone wants to snatch it and roll with it, feel free, as I'm terrible at actually DMing events, though I'd be happy to help (or solely) organize, in fact I have massive IC reason to try and gather guilds for it.  If Drustai wants to use it and tie it in with Lionheart I think it'd match up well but who knows.

Last edited by Feral / Blackfall on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Regarding Semi-IC LFR (5.4 Spoilers) - Lore/Interest Check Empty Re: Regarding Semi-IC LFR (5.4 Spoilers) - Lore/Interest Check

Post by Crowley Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:15 pm

I`m in.
Crowley
Crowley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Regarding Semi-IC LFR (5.4 Spoilers) - Lore/Interest Check Empty Re: Regarding Semi-IC LFR (5.4 Spoilers) - Lore/Interest Check

Post by Iriel Silversong Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Me too!
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Both me and Helmut is on like Donkey Kong.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:32 pm

If there is enough interest, and no complaints, I'll ask for a guild list and try to get reps from the interested guilds/individuals to hammer out some ideas/details.

Atm it's just an idea I'm throwing about, but I've got a few thoughts brewing.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:08 pm

I'm going to have to postpone quitting then. Fuck you Feral.
When do you estimate this'll go down?
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:14 pm

WELL AUTOBUTT, I'm thinking that once the times for LFR bosses are released will strongly factor in.  Ex. when they inform us when Garrosh is released, then likely it would all go down a week, a week and a half before then, culminating with the LFR runs and ending a day or two later.

UNLESS people want to try it on Flexi-raid earlier, but then we would need to fill all roles etc, and I'd personally rather not rush it to kill Garrosh in serverlore that quickly, nor take the risk of failure Razz
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:21 pm

I shall be there.

GARROSHTRON!

ONE SHALL STAND
ONE SHALL FALL

For you kids out there who don't know the reference:
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:38 pm

You can't queue more than 5 for LFR afaik, however Flex Raid would be usefull for this.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Noted, thank you!  Even if the groups queued LFR separately,though, the runs themselves don't need to be IC. It's more the... filler/flavor of "this is what happens between now, and the end of the event chain" bit.  I'll want to set things up for lower-level chars to have a sense of full involvement as well but I'll think of that a bit later. There's ALSO the possibility of just queueing up the appropriate 5 5-man groups and coordinating on voice to only accept the LFR queue ping when all of the calls ping at once (i.e. same raid).
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:25 pm

we should do Flexi raid for his <3
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:35 pm

I don't mind trying!
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:38 pm

Autobutt Copper wrote:I shall be there.

GARROSHTRON!

ONE SHALL STAND
ONE SHALL FALL

For you kids out there who don't know the reference:
Arenfelis-Prime will engage in a battle with Garroshtron, but then Garroshtron will shoot him in the chest and kill him. He passes on the All-Spark to Copper-rod, who takes it into the depths of Unicrongrimmar and fights the Sha-empowered Galvagarrosh.

... fuck I need to watch the Transformers movie again.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:52 pm

Wild Tempest have already begun gathering a the Raiding interested for long before this thread, and we have 6-8 so far (waiting for more to sign up). The Roleplaying opportunity is just to juicy to be slipped between hands, reason we're definitely there to participate to the siege IC'ly in a task as described on the main post. Clearing some "trash"/blocking reinforcements while the grand nameless heroes kill the big bad guys.

Gearing is one thing, but im sure everyone who is truly interested should be arsed enough to grind the basic raiding gear if not having one already.

We're also concepting doing the raid IC, and agree later what truly happend In Characterly (were not there to kill any bosses, but trash/reinforcements etc). The one below is linked from our forums.
Spoiler:

But yeah, you can count at least 6 from us to the Raiding, and the whole bunch to whatever Roleplaying happens leading into it.

Last edited by Inran/Skarain on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Well.. Some will/should get the credit for killing Garrosh. The only question is.. Who?
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:57 pm

Anybody have any clue what the Ilevel requirement will be?
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:00 pm

EVERYONE. And I'm unsure for LFR, Nimblagg (that's your new name btw), but I think Flexi-raid has none? Can anyone confirm?

And thanks, Skarain, I had -not- seen that post obviously (despite having a search, I may well be blind...). If you want to make it a multi-guild event and take the reins feel free, or we can gather someone from every guild and sort something as a group?
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:00 pm

If you want to claim such, go ahead. I or any from Wild Tempest will not be taking credit from killing Lore-figures as Garrosh. My characters will just laugh at ones claiming such in the face and "yeah, sure, and i am the new Warchief of the Horde" Smile¨

And Feral, i am cautious and i will not promise anything like that. My time is simply not enough at the present time to organize anything of that scale. I ought to get a volunteer raid leader from my bunch if i poke people enough, but i will keep an eye on this thread for other people thoughts and the like.

Also if you spoke about searching the quote, it was from WT forums, not DefiasRP.com

Last edited by Inran/Skarain on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Imo, this is someone EVERYONE can take credit for. No you can't say, "I LANDED THE KILLING BLOW ON GARROSH," obviously. But to say you took part in the fighting here, why not? That's the point of this, really, that if we all get in on it (since it's really large-scale ICly), then nobody is left out, or higher than others. Nobody "gets credit" because EVERYONE did it.

Sort of.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:06 pm

(see the edit in my earlier post)
I also believe Drustai/Areyah had some plans, but you'll have to wait for her to show her head on the thread.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:16 am

Flexi raid drops 540 ilevel
But has no requirements for ilevel to enter so far
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:05 am

Myself and some awesome Orcies will be roleplaying Kor'kron up to the event of Garrosh falling. So if you need Orcs just give me a shout.
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:43 am

Awesome, Wulfy!

Can people who are allowed to officially make decisions (OOCly) on behalf of their guilds post, so I know who to contact to start making arrangements?

If WT & Regiment are in, should I be talking to Skarain & Iriel for coordination or?

I'll try to grab you guys in a chat at some point briefly, maybe with a few more, and then one I've more details, post something in the Events section (will link back here).
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:51 am

Sure Feral count me in!
Ill have a talk to John about it
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:27 am

Iriel Silversong wrote:Sure Feral count me in!
Ill have a talk to John about it
yeah we're so in for this, I would love to try this... Just need to gear up a bit I guess.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next