Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Ere Argus

+21
Eavya Morninglight
Morinth
Tso/Feloreth
Skarain
Yarnaat
Sorayah
Kristeas Sunbinder
Lexgrad
Ishap/Virock
Shaelyssa
erwtenpeller
Eowale
Mandui
Thelos
Seranita
Lorainne/Bridlington
Valerias
Drustai
Gunnell
Magaskawee/Anaei
Sanara
25 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[A] Ere Argus Empty [A] Ere Argus

Post by Sanara Sun May 02, 2010 11:34 pm

-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Ere Argus". The name suggests very little to the non-speaker, a short, concise name that echoes rumors and reports of human cults in the Burning Legion's name. To the Draenei however, it carries a symbolic meaning, hidden away behind a simple translation - New Home.

The Draenei race has been hounded across the universe for twenty-five-thousand years, forced into becoming nomads, driven from their homeworld. To many, it is the only life they have ever known, wandering from place to place, with neither a home or a destination. They put their trust to a world, hidden and secluded, unknown to the cosmos, and named it Draenor - the Exile's Refuge. Ultimately, Draenor's secluded location failed to protect them, as the servants of the Burning Legion hunted them close to extinction.

The Light has been the only ward, the saving grace of the Draenei, ever since their exile began. Knowing, perhaps, that its most devout believers could no longer stand alone, it set their path towards yet another world. This world was unlike any the Draenei people had witnessed before, for it had stood against the tide of the Burning Legion and triumphed, wounded, but alive, battered, but undefeated. It was a fortress world, and its inhabitants called it Azeroth.

Azeroth remained a dangerous place even with the Legion at bay, however, and the Draenei's nomadic lifestyle led many astray across the world. In a decisive move to bring the Draenei of Azeroth together as a people, the Aldor founded the Commune which came to be known as Ere Argus. The name refered not only to the Commune as a symbol of the future, but to the world itself on which the Draenei were now entrenching themselves.

By dubbing Azeroth their new homeworld - A new Argus - the Draenei declare their intent to dig in hard, and challenge the cosmic powers of the Burning Legion and the eternal entropy of the void to come and try to pry them loose. The Draenei can not - Will not - run again. They will stand united on the fortress world, and with strength in union, as much with eachother as with their young allies, prevail against the odds. Strength through Unity, and Unity in the Light.

Hallowed are the Naaru.

-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-

<Ere Argus> is a Draenei Roleplaying guild that's been going for a while now, initially founded by Exaythe and myself back in autumn '09. The original premise was fairly simple, a Commune - described as either an extended family or a non-blood-related clan - dedicated to bringing in and binding together those Draenei who choose to live on Azeroth, especially those without families or other groups to tie themselves to.

In effect, we're a community guild serving as the backdrop for character-driven Roleplay (as opposed to external plotlines and devices), with events arranged mostly as IC social events, such as prayer services and festivities, most of which are open to the public, or at least the Draenei public.

In our recent revival, we've chosen to also begin focusing on a previously discarded concept, that being the active preaching and teaching the ways of the Draenei and the Naaru to the races of Azeroth, focusing on both maintaining the Draenei's own cultural identity and sharing it with the Alliance. This does not make Ere Argus a military or religious "order"-type guild; It will remain a communal family first and foremost, but will now offer more opportunity and arrange more events directly.

We have a minor presence on the World/RP-PvP stage, but this is not a focus of the guild and thus up to each individual player. Ere Argus itself does not usually arrange PvP events, though we try to take challenges in style in spite of our normally peaceful ways. Draenei have a lot of Retribution Paladins; You should be afraid.

Recruitment is almost always handled through our forums as we have a policy that at least three individual guild members need to approve each new member, however an officer making an OOC evaluation and at least 2 other members (not necessarily officers) making IC evaluations is enough for an invite through in-game interactions only, although it's a clumsy approach I don't care much for.

Currently active officers in Ere Argus are Sanara, Drustai, Iliira and Exaythe.

The guild forums, for applications and/or other contact, are here; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Defias Wiki has an article on the guild here; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hallowed are those who walk the Path. Hallowed are the Naaru.

Last edited by Sanara on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:03 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated!)
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

[A] Ere Argus Empty Re: [A] Ere Argus

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon May 03, 2010 9:27 am

Communists! Filthy blue communists!

However on a more positive note, my favorite dirty little communists!

If you've got hooves and horns and aren't a bovine join them!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Hm, see, I rather fancy making a Draenei to have a final go through the pre-Cataclysm content.

Howweevverr I understand you have a high proportion of Paladins - I always liked the idea of Vindicators, and I love healing as a paladin but I don't fancy being 'that one class' everyone has (and a Draenei Shaman is far too cliche for me). So, which classes do you require the most? Especially healers.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Hunters and Mages, IMO (yeah, fancy that--the pure DPS classes, lol). For a small time we had both myself and one other mage, but that one other seems to have disappeared so it's just myself again. As for hunters, we have two as alts (at least I think Nalaari (Jazeel's alt) isn't his main), so they're frequently not around.

If you wish to be a healer, we could certainly use more Anchorites (Priests)... I believe right now we just have two active ones in RP (Exaythe and Semirhage).

We don't really require classes, though, since we don't regularly do guild instance runs and mostly focus on RP. So really, do whatever you want to do. We wouldn't stop you from rolling a paladin if that's what you want to do. Smile

Oh, and what we *really* need are males. Very Happy

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri May 13, 2011 6:08 pm

Some updates:

New forum url: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also, our currently active officers now comprise of Sanara, myself, and Exaythe.

We are of course always looking for more applicants. Smile We've had several male ones lately, even.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Fri May 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Drustai wrote:We are of course always looking for more applicants. Smile We've had several male ones lately, even.

Male draenei? They exist?!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri May 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Valerias wrote:
Drustai wrote:We are of course always looking for more applicants. Smile We've had several male ones lately, even.

Male draenei? They exist?!

They do!

We actually had 3 males compared to 2 females at the last joint event with the NE guilds. Albeit one of the males was an alt, but still.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:31 am

Definite bump here!

NEEDS MOAR DRUNAI!
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:17 am

*giggles* true true
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:27 am

Have you ever wondered what that wierd instrument is they used that sounds like the thing you do with wine glasses? You know, the crazy hollow chiming? Wonder no more. I've asked some crazy history of magic student and he thought it could be a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Invented by the one and only Benjamin Franklin. That's right. One of the Founding Fathers was a Draenei.

Come on over to the Exodar baby, land of the free, home of the brave. We've got the best music. And yes, it is Thelos playing the flute at 0:00-1:22, every time you enter the city. Doesn't that make you feel welcome?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:13 am

Thelos wrote:Come on over to the Exodar baby, land of the free, home of the brave. We've got the best music. And yes, it is Thelos playing the flute at 0:00-1:22, every time you enter the city. Doesn't that make you feel welcome?
...I actually find it disturbing if anything. It scares me.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Its been floating around the Ere Argus forums since medieval times and I thought I'd share the glory here.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:50 am

I searched for Draenei on Google images and -that- came up. Wtf?

Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:00 am

That's a screenshot of Laraan.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:20 am

Thelos wrote:That's a screenshot of Laraan.

... lol

More like the original Sanara, before she was retconned into the current one. Very Happy

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:22 am

I was just browsing Google to try to find images that people might want to use for "pictures of their characters" since I havn't seen many draenei's there. And that came up. Lmao, it woke some interest atleast!
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:26 am

That's probably because most Draenei fan art is...Uhm...Well, it features mostly females and is...Ehrm, ill suited for posting on these couth forums. Not very PG-13. Lets just say that "Horny babes with build in heels" brings out the worst in some people. Or the best, depending on your perspective.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good source of draenei fanart.

Albeit, quite a lot of it is as Thelos said. But not all. There's some real gems there.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:02 pm

oh? history of sanara i was unaware about? I so wana know!
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:53 pm

So grab a space goat and get out on the floor!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:10 pm

Thelos wrote:

I'm rolling a Dra-nee-nee.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:47 pm

Thelos wrote:

Is this what you and that priestess were doing then?
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:41 am

Did you know there's like a dozen or more versions of this? If anyone's found a better one, I'd love to see it.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishap/Virock Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:13 pm

I hope Drustai remembered to put some pants on the get back to the Exodar
Ishap/Virock
Ishap/Virock

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Ishap wrote:I hope Drustai remembered to put some pants on the get back to the Exodar

She put on a robe, yes, as you can see in the last screenshot. Or well, Sanara put it back on her, as she was still kind of in a daze afterwards.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next