Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hour of Argus

Go down

Hour of Argus Empty Hour of Argus

Post by Uatan/Puaar Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:49 pm

Mod Edit: Starting this over since people couldn't drop their personal issues. Sorry to the people that had their valid input removed. Stick to discussing just the topic this time around.

Following letter is found in the mailbox of every draenei who has registered in their local embassy.

Hello fellow draenei.

With the more or less recent events of Lich King's defeat many of our race have been released of the their most pressing duties on the fields of battle. While many of us still continue fighting for victory in both fields of glory and equally important maters such as helping our allies and friends in need, many have not spared much thought for the well being of ourselves.

With few others, we thought of a solution to once again make some of the draenei scattered across Azeroth to share their views, share their opinions of pressing matters that concern not just our race but the whole of Alliance. What we came up was a gathering of sorts where all draenei are equal to voice their opinions and to answer any and all questions. This gathering, the hour of Argus, would be held nine o'clock every Wednesday in our new capital, Exodar. Teleportation services to the meeting will be provided to all who can reach Stormwind.

You are most welcome to invite other draenei who were not reachable by letter.

Your's truly, Puaar.

OOC:

Any draenei RPer tired of us having no real gathering that decides or just discusses matters important to the race or just exchanges opinions and possibly decides to take care of stuff that bother many should such need arise?

We've discussed this with some other draenei RPers and we suggest a draenei equivalent to what every other race has to do politics: a democracy. Something where each attending draenei has equal say in matters. Pros in contrast to say human council being for example the opportunity for new RPers to take part, making it much easier for even newcomers to assimilate to the draenic RP society.

Now such a thing could sound chaotic seeing as you can't possible stuff a dozen or so RPers in the same room to discuss stuff openly without making the chat practically unreadable. Hence we'd have a weekly changing spokesperson to keep order and give out turns of speech to the participants of the meeting.

Every draenei RPers can obviously attend, in the future if we get things running the meetings will of course be open for all races.

The event(s) will involve following:

-Discussing the conclusions reached in last meeting or this time an opening speech.
-Time for people to ask questions, bring forth problems, news and other topics.
-Discussing the above mentioned.
-Requesting individuals to solve the matters in the way decided during the gathering.

And even if it's just for during/after the event this'll hopefully create some RP in Exodar.

Any questions, comments, calendar invite requests and such you can post here or ask from Menasun, Venji (whose name has a funnily written i) or me ingame. The idea is not to create a solid and stiff political structure which the other races have but a flexible meeting that does not suffer much if some people cannot attend.

Mod Edit: Starting this over since people couldn't drop their personal issues. Sorry to the people that had their valid input removed. Stick to discussing just the topic this time around.
Uatan/Puaar
Uatan/Puaar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Hour of Argus Empty Re: Hour of Argus

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:16 pm

My my so clean and sparkly this topic is!

I'll try to swing by, but I can't guarantee for how long I can stay awake on workdays.

edit: Patchday madness and general fatigue made me unable to attend Sad

Back to top Go down