Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tol Barad [RP-wPvP][6th of May]

+21
Rae Wulfgnar
Helmut
Lavian
Thelos
Crothu
Samian/Bismack
Sohan
Darilas
Grufftoof
Janela Thunderwing
Valestrion
Elssa
Drustai
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Raenmar
Martok
Allonia_Miral
siegmund
Odgan / Keag
erwtenpeller
Arabella Greene
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tol Barad [RP-wPvP][6th of May] - Page 3 Empty Re: Tol Barad [RP-wPvP][6th of May]

Post by Samian/Bismack Mon May 06, 2013 11:24 pm

Tol Barad [RP-wPvP][6th of May] - Page 3 S110
Tol Barad [RP-wPvP][6th of May] - Page 3 S211
Tol Barad [RP-wPvP][6th of May] - Page 3 S310

Though a tad dissapointing in the end the last week gave us quite some rp pvp though in the future there needs to be more advertising towards horde guilds

had/made fun!
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Tol Barad [RP-wPvP][6th of May] - Page 3 Empty Re: Tol Barad [RP-wPvP][6th of May]

Post by Raenmar Mon May 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Tol Barad [RP-wPvP][6th of May] - Page 3 S110

That's the most glorious screenshot I've ever seen.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 06, 2013 11:35 pm

Samian/Bismack wrote:Tol Barad [RP-wPvP][6th of May] - Page 3 S110
Tol Barad [RP-wPvP][6th of May] - Page 3 S211
Tol Barad [RP-wPvP][6th of May] - Page 3 S310

Though a tad dissapointing in the end the last week gave us quite some rp pvp though in the future there needs to be more advertising towards horde guilds

had/made fun!

There was quiet a lot of people on the invite list, particularly from guild masters/officers of various guilds, roughly 10-12 Horde-side who clicked accept but eh,, seems they were not too interested in showing up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 6:20 am

A fair few did show up - even Dominion - but we just got steamrolled and gy camped and with no other place to ress on the Island, well people left. Plus the Alliance raid hit Org pretty fast and most of us went to defend that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue May 07, 2013 8:56 am

Going by Vangrel's post in the World Blog thread, the Orgrimmar attack is being taken IC.

Due to people's previous conflicting opinions on whether or not to treat the Orgrimmar attack as IC, I'm going to simply recommend that both ideas be used. Those who want to play it that they only fought a battle in TB itself do so, while we acknowledge that a force of indeterminate numbers used the opportunity to stage a quick covert strike on Orgrimmar through portals. Those interested in using that can say they were part of it, while those who aren't can say that they were just part of the force that stayed behind fighting in TB.

Just want to nip that in the bud.

Last edited by Drustai on Tue May 07, 2013 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue May 07, 2013 9:01 am

Sure, why not. What's the point of role-playing on a pvp server if you can't have some fights, right?

Awesome.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue May 07, 2013 9:55 am

This might be a moodkill, but would this be a good time to start thinking of the next big rp w-pvp event? I really think these kinds of events are key in bringing the PvP community and RPers together and hopefully allow both groups to blend into one another to form one utopian whole (not that this'll ever happen, but it's good to have ideals).

What I really enjoyed about Tol Barad is the fact that it is so obviously designed for W-pvp. In that lieu, I recommend/suggest that we use another piece of Azeroth that was designed for such a purpose. There's several of these sites all over the world: there's the zones you can capture in Hellfire Peninsula, there's the two opposing camps in Sithilus, there's Wintergrasp - and probably a whole lot more that I am forgetting. We could work trough all of these in kind.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue May 07, 2013 9:57 am

Zangermarsh has a capture the flag thing goin' on right? That'd be bawlin'.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue May 07, 2013 10:01 am

How could I forget about Halaa?!

Halaa is awesome.

Yeah, it'll be a stretch to justify ICly - but there's always a way to make it work. The location is more improtant than the justification; we're role-players. We can justify just about anything.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue May 07, 2013 10:02 am

And there's always the Karasang Wilds!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue May 07, 2013 10:05 am

Yeah.

I think we've made our point now, erwt.

Personally, I'd lobby for Sithilus, because I can't remember that ever being used. As in - never ever. Not once.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Tue May 07, 2013 10:10 am

Twilight Highlands! Barrens (Both North and South). Ruins of Gilneas aswell. Alot of places in Northrend and Outlands too.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue May 07, 2013 10:12 am

Barrens would be nice and canonical. That place is about to explode anyway, I think you'll get more horde guilds to participate as well. I know the Shatterskulls at least will be more interested in that location.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Tue May 07, 2013 10:17 am

Gilneas won't work, it's phased for Horde.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue May 07, 2013 10:44 am

Barrens is being planned for late 5.3 or early 5.4, to coincide with the campaign.

Other areas are being looked into for sooner, and depending on if we can find suitable IC justification, will be utilized.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 10:50 am

Already on it Thelos.

You think there will be no retaliation for killing Garrosh? Pfahahaha, you are wrong.

Expect a raid on Stormwind soon.

Aside from that, there's a Skype group up between the people ICly in military positions in discussing a proper campaign, more like Jade Fist, rather than once off fights, but I think making these big battles could become a 'thing', I'm eyeing up Wintergrasp as well which has fortifications and rivers and stuff too.

Halaa is an excellent zone as well as mentioned.

I'm glad there's an interest though, it will help break the ice with a lot of the rest of the community on DB and hopefully advertise the RP guilds that participate.

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue May 07, 2013 10:52 am

I -loved- Jade fist for it's combination of balanced pvp battles, clear progression, and addition of DM-ed events. Everything about it was pretty great xD
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Tue May 07, 2013 11:10 am

Kalimdor Venues:

Barrens: 5.3, 5.4 content.

Winterspring: Reasons = The Blue Dragonflight left behind several arcane artefacts that both factions could desire. It holds borders with the Night Elves effective center of culture The World Tree of Mount Hyjal AKA the largest source of lumber for the Horde

Un'goro Crater: Reasons = It's one of the Titan's Workshop locations and therefore would be home to countless relics from the ancient days which both sides would be interested in for their own reasons.

Silithus: Reasons = The Silithyst that is present in these deserts has been discovered to hold unique properties that both sides wish to harness and research. Whats even better with that kind of scenario is that its a little nostalgia trip for you old-schooler WoW players Very Happy And of course there's the whole possibility of investigating the Hives and Ahn'qiraj for any hidden weapons or powers.

Eastern Kingdoms Venues:

Burning Steppes: Reasons = The Horde is dealing with Blackrock orcs and as such can be seen to be advancing their forces through the area to try and invade the Redridge mountains. Time to see if history will repeat itself or will the Horde learn from the past of this region?

Deadwind Pass: Should the Alliance fail to hold the Horde here as they march from Stonard and their Mag'har allies from Outland through the Dark Portal, then Duskwood and then the heart of the human faction could well be in jeapordy. Kind of a 300 type scenario here I think given the tight corridors and deep gorges that lie around the region.

Just some ideas with just those two continents alone. What do you guys think?
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet
Name: Grek'thar Earthstorm
Title: Crazy orc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 11:24 am

For 5.3 the focus will be on Kalimdor due to the chain of events, but we'll let that develop IC after it launches.

+ I spoke to Krogon who is interested in organizing the rebellion alongside some RP-PvP with the Alliance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue May 07, 2013 11:41 am

Vangrel Lansire wrote:For 5.3 the focus will be on Kalimdor due to the chain of events, but we'll let that develop IC after it launches.

+ I spoke to Krogon who is interested in organizing the rebellion alongside some RP-PvP with the Alliance.

Sat twiddling my thumbs until 5.3, as all the groundwork for the player organised portion of the Resistance/Rebellion is prepared, leaving me with little to do.

Crying or Very sad
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Pretty much as are Arkadii&Areyah. We'll go with whatever happens IC, follow the rebellion, observe the quest chain, see where the Alliance follows in according to quests/lore and then participate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue May 07, 2013 1:16 pm

Areyah's still doing a bit of her own preparation, though it's all going to stay rather under wraps until the patch moves things forward.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue May 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:+ I spoke to Krogon who is interested in organizing the rebellion alongside some RP-PvP with the Alliance.

Aren't we supposed to be working together against Garrosh, not fighting eachother?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Tue May 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Depending on how the quest chain goes Thelos, I think the idea here is that while yes we are aiding one another for this common cause, there may be some backstabbing involved... After all, you've got a large alliance force being delivered into Durotar, the heart of the Horde.

What general or commander would be foolish enough to pass up the opportunity to strike when the factions of the Horde are divided and weakened?
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet
Name: Grek'thar Earthstorm
Title: Crazy orc

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue May 07, 2013 4:50 pm

Zouyo wrote:What general or commander would be foolish enough to pass up the opportunity to strike when the factions of the Horde are divided and weakened?

The one in charge, apperantly.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next