Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defias' current state, low activity, etc

+39
Elijah Wesley
siegmund
Dorik Thunderbelly
Cathee Norris
Maelmoor
Andrael
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Grufftoof
Lini
Amaryl
Ledgic
Anivitas
erwtenpeller
Coppersocket
Gilran
Allonia_Miral
Sabien
Coppernut
Broncrast
Kristeas Sunbinder
Ralegh
Althaløs
Muzjhath
Tuomas/Decurius
Buren
Skarain
Shaelyssa
Cid
Rargnasha
Feral / Blackfall
Lexgrad
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Littlepip
Gogol
Lorthan
Vaell
Sullee Swiftspeech
Thelos
Raenmar
43 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Defias' current state, low activity, etc - Page 6 Empty Re: Defias' current state, low activity, etc

Post by Thelos Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:26 am

It's all just...so...so...

...tiresome...

*yawns*

I'm just going back to playing the game. You people are all way too intense for me!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Defias' current state, low activity, etc - Page 6 Empty Re: Defias' current state, low activity, etc

Post by Vaell Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:31 am

Vangrel Lansire wrote:
What do you consider boasting?
"Hey guys, try this tactic, it works!" ? What have I personally asked for in return from anybody besides a little bit of support & assistance in getting threads seen and posting on the forum? Great recognition, statues or some sort of medal of honor presented to me by the Defias RP role-playing community in a great parade?

I think you have misunderstood things based on the fact that (let's go with the two you've named) that myself and Raenmar have superiority complexes because we voluntarily projected ourselves into positions of action. No, I disagree with that.
If I had the time, I'd go through your post and quickly quote it but this is a rushed reply. Just bare in mind that two people have already claimed your post was smug. I'm not the only one that must have misunderstood! Boasting may have been the wrong term to use for Raenmar.

Vangrel Lansire wrote:
That is your personal taste, and, do whatever you enjoy. I've already outlined what I like doing, and among those things is putting the time and effort into helping DB not decay nor continue losing population to AD.
You asked me a question and I answered; don't take it out of context. I've not once gloated about AD being better or vice versa since moving a char there - you picked up on it from a small post, clearly.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:35 am

>Vangrel makes post
>People call it smug
>Vangrel clarifies that any smugness in the most was not intended and he only wanted to post suggestions as to what one might do if one wishes to help promote roleplay on Defias Brotherhood
>BUT VANGREL YOUR POST IS SMUG OMFG SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
>Vangrel, again because people are retarded, clarifies that he didn't mean to sound smug or superior and that he only wanted to share the things he's done that he, in his experience, has seen working for him when trying to promote roleplay.
>People still don't get it.
>Hey look, Ixirar is making a post to agree with Vangrel. Wtf is happening.
>Nobody has actually dealt with Vangrel's actual points. All of it has been "I'll not adress this" or "Omg so smug gtfo" so far.

Hey guys. Welcome to Defias Brotherhood.

Ps. If you're going to make another post adressing how smug or superior Vangrel is sounding, please stop posting.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:38 am

If I had the time, I'd go through your post and quickly quote it but this is a rushed reply. Just bare in mind that two people have already claimed your post was smug. I'm not the only one that must have misunderstood! Boasting may have been the wrong term to use for Raenmar.

....... Okay then. Make a point --> Provide no proof. Moot point. You are free to PM me whatever things you may find in my post above or continue posting here unless this topic is deemed necessary for a lock or inferior.

You asked me a question and I answered; don't take it out of context. I've not once gloated about AD being better or vice versa since moving a char there - you picked up on it from a small post, clearly.

No. I asked you this:

If you don't mind how many people you RP with then why did you move a character to AD?

After you wrote you don't mind how many people you are RPing with. Don't misinterpret information because all one has to do is literally scroll up. Nobody accused you of gloating, nor picking up on anything of the like you've mentioned. If anybody took anything out of context there, it was you.

I stand by the problems I listed out, those are the problems i have encountered on a personal basis and some of them continue to be problems. I will be ready to discuss them with anybody wishing to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:25 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:>Vangrel makes post
>People call it smug
>Vangrel clarifies that any smugness in the most was not intended and he only wanted to post suggestions as to what one might do if one wishes to help promote roleplay on Defias Brotherhood
>BUT VANGREL YOUR POST IS SMUG OMFG SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
>Vangrel, again because people are retarded, clarifies that he didn't mean to sound smug or superior and that he only wanted to share the things he's done that he, in his experience, has seen working for him when trying to promote roleplay.
>People still don't get it.
>Hey look, Ixirar is making a post to agree with Vangrel. Wtf is happening.
>Nobody has actually dealt with Vangrel's actual points. All of it has been "I'll not adress this" or "Omg so smug gtfo" so far.

Hey guys. Welcome to Defias Brotherhood.

Ps. If you're going to make another post adressing how smug or superior Vangrel is sounding, please stop posting.

Hey, hey. That's not fair. Just because I didn't an apology for misinterpeting something, doesn't mean I did not change the way I read a post. I didn't follow itup with a post going "OMG U STILL SMUG", either. Your point is fair, Ixiar, but don't ruin it into making it into a hyperbole. You can make the same point clearer witout the sass. "One, maybe two persons" is not "people".

My "tired" post was just me commenting that I didn't like the way this disussion was going - granted, I had a hand in causing it to steer off-course into trollsy waters, but that doesn't mean I particularily like that direction.

I apoligize for any miscommunications.

As a reprimendation, I'll ask something relevant.

Vangrel, how have you been arranging these cross-realm events? Has this mainly been from responses on the official forums, or have you made some contacts on AD?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:39 pm

Vangrel, how have you been arranging these cross-realm events? Has this mainly been from responses on the official forums, or have you made some contacts on AD?

I spent some time last summer role-playing on AD and built up a small core of people I could rely on if I ever needed to move. This was mostly within the Forsaken community, luckily they themselves knew absolutely everybody around.

In regards to the Senate, here's what I did:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7257097131

Previous to that, I just generally post on AD's forums sometimes and that helped a bit (especially a thread where they discussed the Senate and I dumped a load of links regarding the DB Senate into their thread).

In regards to the dwarves, it was practically random battle-tag exchanging with Yolra & Wend, from there on in they helped invite plenty of people from AD into our raid.

Important thing to note regarding cross-realm: If there are more AD people in the raid, you will get ported over. Make sure whomever makes the raid is as well geared and max level initially, then have enough folks from DB as well.

I hope that helped for any future plans you may have!

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:23 pm

I don't think anyone is being smug here yet (it's the internet, who knows). It's a nice list of things that someone has found out works, and others commenting that things are looking to go the right way for once.

Which is great! Let's be happy together and ignore the rest of the possible misconceptions for a moment, eh? Smile
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:33 pm

I swear most of the people on DefiasRP just pick apart posts to find a reason to respond like a cunt.

Nobody asked for recognition, nobody boasted. Admittedly I'm quite happy with some of the work I've done, but I haven't boasted about it. Vangrel hasn't either, he just shared ideas and the past experience they're based on.

I'd write a longer post but I really can't be arsed, and this entire petty argument is just here to stir shit anyway.

Edit:

Boasting may have been the wrong term to use for Raenmar.

Confirming. But hey, I don't care. Last month I got QQed at for whining and told to do something. This month I did something and got QQed at for doing it because supposedly I have a superiority complex. The majority of people criticising are so god damn stupid I no longer try to make sense of their convoluted thought patterns.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:42 pm

Raenmar wrote:I swear most of the people on DefiasRP just pick apart posts to find a reason to respond like a cunt.

No. Some do. But that's what makes my "job" fun.

I've said what I personally felt about some of this before, and I actually have recently begun (shock, horror) to speak with Vangrel in game occasionally (LFRP dudes, it's actually useful). We don't always agree, infact sometimes I think he is a penis, as I am sure he he thinks sometimes I am a tit. We can agree to disagree, and be adults about it. Usually. Maybe we all could do that?!

Wouldn't that be novel.

Play the game, enjoy it. Encourage others, if you want. But never seek praise, or recognition, or expect change, because it seldom comes and no one "has" to do anything, save what they want in a game they pay for.

Less worry about perceived "right and wrong" within the game (not ignoring the actual rules and guidance), and what other people are doing in it, would probably improve the whole of WOW far more than anything else....

As for your points, Vangrel, I kinda agree with some. But No 1., as always, and again, is a point I find sad and silly. DefiasRP started because the forums were a stupid place, like most of the interwebs. It started as place that could be monitored and friendly, helpful and fun. Because there are so many people (some here included) who seek antagonism and anguish, just because they can. These forums are a tool. They do not ans should not exclude the WOW forums. These forums have a fraction of registered users compared to server population, indeed even to active RP populace. I, for one, have been the only active member of these forums in two guilds I have been in (*Nessra, Saevir and Neimi aside, technically). These forums haven't poisoned or hurt the realm. Indeed I would think it's better that half the petty shit and arguments that this realm creates be done here, in "private" rather than writ large across the Blizzard forums are they sometimes were (and are).
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:57 pm

If I could have a word in this conversation to..

Lately I have noticed an increased amount of roleplay and roleplayers, some of you might not notice it, but for someone looking at the TRP2 map scanner constantly i have spotted an increased amount of people, some might come back and some new once.

You people who sit on the Forum all day might not have noticed but there is no denying that Roleplayers are coming back thanks to all the effort we have putt into it, we have not only Raen to thank for this, but to every-one out there who have been friendly to new roleplayers and being social with them.

Events that are being held in Elwyn forest and Northshire is a great way to recruite more players and I think we should hold more events in locations like these instead of hiding ourselves in caves and stone jungles. (Ironforge and Stormwind.)

This is a message to every last Roleplayer who is out there, if you see someone new to roleplayer try being friendly (Or evil) And include the player in some RP, don't just stand there and ignore him do something, and if the character is unreasonable (Or from Argent Dawn) Just talk to him using your great friend /w, remember to be polite and friendly to him/her or he will just run away like an ocelot. (Minecraft joke)

Remember, the player you recruit right there could be the best roleplayer ever, he/she just need to learn more about Roleplaying and get some interest in it, being friend with the character OOC and IC really helps sometimes to.

Last edited by Thorvald on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : P.S. Didn't read every thing in the Post ;-)
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:25 pm

If any of my toons are in a pub or out on the street and I see a RPer just loitering about but I have no IC reason to talk to them, then I often just whisper them to have a chat with them.

There are plenty of potential RPers out there. There are others OOCers that just like to politely watch.

...I'm not sure what my point with this post was. >_<
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Thorvald wrote:Events that are being held in Elwyn forest and Northshire is a great way to recruite more players and I think we should hold more events in locations like these instead of hiding ourselves in caves and stone jungles. (Ironforge and Stormwind.)

I can certainly see the sense in this but...As a role-player mainly concerned with Pandaren, this is just not a feasible option for me and my gang most of the time. Everyone likes to play that they are home from time to time, and since we cannot role-play on the Wandering Isle (much like Kezan), our only option to feel like we're role-playing pandaren on Pandaren ground is to role-play in Pandaria i.e a far-away cave (doesn't get further away than 85+!)
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:02 pm

Aah.. No one cares about the Pandariens Thelos Razz

They are like the Stormwind council and Thorvald, Thorvald thinks the Council is just a bunch of ass sniffing, spit licking monkeys who does nothing but talk about their problems and listens to people complaining just to hear how much better their life is, I even said that in a council once. Very Happy

P.S. This was a joke in-case you didn't get it Razz Ever one loves Pandariens.. But the thing about SW council is true tho.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:50 am

About the Elwynn/Northshire thing:
Didn't huge parts of the RP community move their HQs out there from SW to increase recruitment during early cata?

If memory serves me right, that decision greatly enhanced my RP back when I started up (helped me getting hooked to it and keep going, even).

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue May 07, 2013 2:35 pm

with active guilds like greyford company and the wardens setting up shop activity is going up and up.
Like a wise man once said...find excuses to RP
...well all I can remember is that part of the quote.. the image i get when I think of that person is so terrifying... it wipes my memory...Truely one of the most evil toons I ever RPed with
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6