Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Idea: Naval Guild

+8
Sullee Swiftspeech
Buren
Maelmoor
Lexgrad
Arkil
Fyffe
Raenmar
Larnira
12 posters

Go down

[A] Idea: Naval Guild Empty [A] Idea: Naval Guild

Post by Larnira Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Hello there Defias!
Im quite fascinated in all naval things, mostly military. So i lately thought of making a military-naval guild. The idea is simple. A squadron of a few ships (maximum 5) acting as a rapid-deployment force for the 7th Legion. Sailors + Marines, two sections in the guild both commanded by a commodore. If anyone has suggestions or maybe even wants to help feel free to contact me! For now i have 1 interested person!
Thanks for reading!
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet
Name: Larnira Darkmist
Title: Cadet in the Blades for Hire

Back to top Go down

[A] Idea: Naval Guild Empty Re: [A] Idea: Naval Guild

Post by Raenmar Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:14 pm

I'd love a naval guild. We had a naval division in TGC but we just didn't have enough people to make it work so we ended up merging it with the taskforce and eventually sinking our ship.

I honestly can't see it working on a large scale because of server population, but if you're willing to put the effort in it's worth trying. Let me know if you need any help, and we'd definitely like to work with you at some point.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:54 pm

If i find about 3/4 officers to help create that ill make sure to organize some events with you! Smile
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Seeig Raen's concern there, you might want to advertise it on the crossrealm RP forum on the official forums, as well as the DB forum, to draw people from other RP servers or new RPers from ours, so that you get a sustainable member count.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fyffe Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:06 pm

There used to be a few navy/sea-faring guilds about a while ago, though most appear to be dead/just resting. It would be nice to have a guild like The Banner of the Theramore around again (even if that was only the one ship there was plenty of involvement with the rest of the server)

You could try starting off small with one ship, then expand. There are plenty of Navy-orientated character concepts out there I'm sure Smile

*reminisces being the oceanic-Taxi service for the Barrens Campaign*
Fyffe
Fyffe

Character sheet
Name: "Fyffe the Confounder!!!"
Title: Lorescribe and Illusionist

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:10 pm

All the details i have on the ships, ranks and so on will be released in the guild recruitment thread if enough people will want to help Smile
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkil Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:14 pm

I still own a Naval guild, which still has some of it's details up in the recruitment thread, which was beginning to start up but there just wasn't the interested population to really get it off the ground. We had some high hopes for the guild and I'm still keeping the character alive and well, but doing admin-type stuff instead of RPing really.

I'm too busy with NG now to even begin to consider getting involved in another guild now, but may in future pop up on Admiral Felix to see what's going on. Perhaps rather than make it an independent guild, create a small group from one of the established guilds?
Arkil
Arkil

Character sheet
Name: Arkil Stormfeather
Title: Keeper

http://www.alexandashley.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:34 pm

While its not strictly military, a few of us just started a Trading Company guild, which has a front for being good, but with a darker underside. The guild is largely inspired by the East India Company, which I believe had a private army, and was linked to the navy somehow. So, if this navy guild does happen, it'd be good to know about it as our guild would work with them. Also, one of our ships is a warship (protection from pirates and what not.) if this guild never happens and you still want the navy-rp. Very Happy

Our guild:
http://www.defiasrp.com/t6590-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:22 am

Rhannoch wrote:There used to be a few navy/sea-faring guilds about a while ago, though most appear to be dead/just resting. It would be nice to have a guild like The Lady Proudmoore around again (even if that was only the one ship there was plenty of involvement with the rest of the server)

Fixed for truth XD
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:49 am

Most guild ideas can be done but it requires much work and most of all lot of patience, which is something many lacks and thus most guilds dies out quickly.
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:20 am

Im looking for one sailor officer and one marines officer to help out! Ofcourse more then that would also be great!
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:39 am

It sounds intresting, I might join up. There have been alot of naval guilds but they allways seem to die after a while. There ought to be one considering all the military guild.
Buren
Buren

Character sheet
Name: Buren Agamand
Title: Captain of the Crusade

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:14 pm

Seeing as my Hunter needs an entirely new RP because I didn't think his last one out (didn't really go anywhere), I've been currently thinking of doing a Tirasian born Marine who went to Theramore with Jaina (I am loving the Jaina story at the moment, and have always wanted to go into that part of the lore more in RP). So, that said, this guild would fit with my new RP and I'd definitely be interested in doing it, Whisper me (Ardeván/Cerín) or PM me if you're still needing somebody, sounds quite good. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:11 pm

While not really relevant to the idea /officer search, I suggest you contact the Freelancers if you get a ship going, exploration and big boats belong together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:32 pm

.. Two guilds being created at about the same time with about the same 'RP-audience'. To prevent this from becoming a member-stealing issue in the future, I'd say you two should bond together for a better end-result.

Anyway, The Bronson Co. will be up for RPing with you lads. We're in the harbour.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Fyffe Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Ardevan Blackcrest wrote:I've been currently thinking of doing a Tirasian born Marine who went to Theramore with JainaD

IC: Join the crew son. Fer Kul Tiraaaaaas!

Lexgrad wrote:Fixed for truth XD

If I recall rightly, when I joined it was TLP, and when I was the last person to jump ship, it was BoT. Same difference really - plenty of swashbuckling, deck-swabbing, harbour-running, Drill-exercising, scaffold-climbing, ale-quaffing, barking good fun. Smile

For the record, The Stormwind Regiment still has their ship The Blazing Shield left over from the Theramore Event in dock for repairs right now. We don't have much use for it ourselves though at the moment
Fyffe
Fyffe

Character sheet
Name: "Fyffe the Confounder!!!"
Title: Lorescribe and Illusionist

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:21 pm

If you decide to do a naval guild, i'd rather recommend to join the already existing trading company and talk with their officers to 'shape' the concept so that both parties are happy. Otherwise you will encounter the problem of players, as the two guilds would compete of players available.

That is just however my view, but if you'd manage to "bunch together", you'd have a group of dedicated people running a guild. You might not know, but i'll drop something interesting for you. Do you know how legends as The Dark Speher or Chapter of Holy Anethion started? By the hands of a few dedicated people.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:23 pm

I'm up for it. You just poke poke me!
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:05 pm

Since its all sorted expect a recruitment thread on soon! Im still looking for a Seamen branch officer tho! PM me! Very Happy
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:04 am

Will players be able to hire your services?

I can always think of excuses for needing a boat.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:31 am

Ofcourse, once we recruit a few sailors we will offer transports and stuff like that!
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:46 am

Larnira wrote:Ofcourse, once we recruit a few sailors we will offer transports and stuff like that!

Great, we've been looking for a crew mad enough to indulge us in our long-running wish to go kraken hunting.

Once you're all set up, give me a nudge and we'll set something up.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jans Biornson Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:04 am

While I love the idea of a naval guild, I am little worried about the scale you are talking about. Commodore is a high rank, and there are many smaller ranks under it. If I was doing this, I would start out with having a very small crew. A captain, first-mate and then nothing else. Eventually start out as a Alliance Privateer, and then evolve IC as you do events and gain more members. One day the crew and ship might then become a proper part of the Official Navy and The Captain could be promoted to something higher.

Instead of starting the guild out with almost being a little fleet, I think it would be wiser to be something smaller in the beginning.. Besides, it's much more fun to grow bigger IC Wink
Jans Biornson
Jans Biornson

http://www.livogsang.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:03 pm

My idea is to start off with one ship and when the crew gets bigger we will ICly get new ships for the squadron. Its max 5 ships
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:01 pm

I would strongly suggest running with one. And use the ship with the sails, I ca show you how to jump and run about all the riggings, there is not an inch of that ship you can not jump to. will show you if you want Smile
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down