Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea: Argent Guild

+12
Eloresh
Sohan
Morgaan
Maelmoor
Carandor
Thelos
Ara
Vaell
Raenmar
Dorothee/Duvaineth
siegmund
Skarain
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Idea: Argent Guild Empty Idea: Argent Guild

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2013 9:14 pm

Now I've always had a lot of love for the Argent Crusade, I think its got some of the most interesting lore in the game. But what would be the interest in a guild for it? It wouldn't be too much, just quite simply..well, the Argent Crusade. Getting rid of Scourge remnants, cleaning up Lordaeron, and slaying all forms of evil in the name of the light. Theres only a couple of us so far, but if you want have any ideas or would like to help, contact me. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Idea: Argent Guild Empty Re: Idea: Argent Guild

Post by Skarain Thu May 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Wardens of the Blade do have an Argent Branch in them.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu May 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Skarain wrote:Wardens of the Blade do have an Argent Branch in them.

Pretty much this a DK and Argent thing that's going on, pretty much same concept.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2013 9:48 pm

Ah, alright, didn't realize that. Back to the drawing board...

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu May 09, 2013 10:01 pm

Well there are a lot of possible interesting concepts out there... Maybe something like this?

http://www.defiasrp.com/t6932-interest-check-westfall-miltiia-moonbrook

If you want something more in your own, dunno.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Thu May 09, 2013 10:05 pm

No dont go back to the drawing board just yet Smile. If you can form an argent guild it would be great. Ranks and so on under a leader who answers to fordling. This will bring more RP. 2 gether both guilds can work closly through the Ashen Verdict.

If you cant find enough ppl to join an argent guild then you are more than welcome to join us and enjoy the ashen verdict rp.

I do urge you though to w8 for some feedback on this thread before deciding to give up the idea of making an only argent guild.
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Thu May 09, 2013 10:11 pm

There were two Argent guilds around a while ago and they were great, I really enjoyed RPing with them. But they both died out due to inactivity.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Sorry. >.< Just annoyed a little annoyed tonight. We're currently going through a bunch of ideas seeing as the Vaetirr has completely diminished sadly, and though we don't want to abandon it, it is starting to become a waste of time. The Argent guild is among those ideas and one was to do with the Westfall/Elwynn/Redridge area. But I shall let you know

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu May 09, 2013 11:48 pm

If you want my honest opinion, don't make an Argent guild. It will provide some rp for a little while but it will die due to inactivity, ganking or interest. From my experiences with yourself and the leader of the Snowborn, you're both very ambitious with your concepts and stories which will work out best for you if you make a Stormwind/Local area based guild. It's the hard truth. Few guilds survive out in the wilderness and those that do suffer a deal of pain to get their RP. I'd suggest finding something a lot of people would love to join, build something original from it and go from there.

If you want to make the most of the map, make a guild which has their main base of operations in Stormwind but travels Azeroth for events.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2013 12:25 am

Though I would love to do an Argent Guild, sadly I agree. One of the main reasons the Vaetirr has died is because we were based in such a remote area without the option of travelling away from NR. Having learnt that firsthand we don't want to make another guild that fails because its too far away from other people and guilds. So we're probably going to do the Stormwind area idea, which is outlaws/bandits, or at least along those lines.

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri May 10, 2013 9:33 am

Elwynn, Duskwood, Redridge and Westfall are one of the few very potential zones i think. But if you want to walk out of Stormwind you need a reason to go out into the actual land. A forge of good needs a force of evil and around. A outlaw needs someone to rob, someone to chase them. Regiment doesn't really patrol outside of the City (They could but no real reason, nothing out there!). Else you'll just be a bandit hanging out in SW if you don't have some fancy ideas.

Kinda why i like the Westfall idea, sadly I can't contribute anything else then ideas. But a Guild there or in all the other areas could be a mix between say...
Outlaws/Bandits/Westfall Brigade(Guards and Military!-RpPvP oportunities)/Civilians, Travelers, salesmen/Some Inn personel/???

But up to you really. Usually the best of Both worlds work as Vaell said.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Fri May 10, 2013 10:01 am

Memories of the Old Argents and Elorash Sad
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri May 10, 2013 10:07 am

In my opinion, the biggest thing that an Argent guild has going against it, is the fact that all player characters must necessarily be divided into two factions.

The Argents have always been above faction conflict. Orcs and humans work together like brothers, unified in a purpose and a common enemy.

It feels to me that without that element, you lose the heart of the Argent Dawn.

Not to mention it'll be terribly awkward when you are forced into a W-PvP situation against angry orcs you're supposed to be neutral towards.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Fri May 10, 2013 10:49 am

True but let us not forget one thing about RP ... it ain't about grabbing a giant book labled "WoW Lore" and beating RPers over the head with it.
(( not directed at Thelos's sane and rational observation btw.Just saying..and an excuse to use))

Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Carandor Fri May 10, 2013 1:01 pm

Something you could do is create your own new 'holy order' devoted to cleansing the Undead in Lordaeron, without the limitations of being tied to a specific order in WoW-lore. You seem to have quite a lot of energy and creativity, and I think you'd be able to come up with some good ideas. Smile
Carandor
Carandor

Character sheet
Name: Carandor Northstar
Title: Kaldorei Marine, and student of the Way

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Fri May 10, 2013 1:09 pm

To be creative and have lot of ideas is great but to get a guild going and more so make it last requires patience and determination above all and of course a lot of hard work. It's always good to think through a guild concept properly, list pros and cons, think how it can interact with other RP and then stick to the plan, good luck!
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan Fri May 10, 2013 3:53 pm

Well i haven't been around for a while now so i have no idea how the situation is really. But it is always fun to rp outside of the area around SW. You could maybe do something LoD (Legacy of Dawn) has done. Stay around SW for a while and then head up north and be there a few weeks. Or well many other guilds that were in Stormwind for: Recruiting, supplying, resting. And then left once more for the north. While i was in LoD we were using the Dwarf army camp near Alterac for a example.
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Fri May 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Good ol' Legacy of Dawn. I love you
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Fri May 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Sohan wrote:Good ol' Legacy of Dawn. I love you

Very Happy
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Wed May 15, 2013 10:43 am

Good old Argent folks Wink
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet
Name: Eloresh Silversmith
Title: Knight, former Argent Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Wed May 15, 2013 2:19 pm

LoD > Argent Crusade, any day. (I still blame you for my slowness in joining, Eloresh. You're a good scapegoat. Sad (Get on Skype you bastard.))

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed May 15, 2013 2:36 pm

KHEN!!!!!!!!!!!! LoD LoD LoD

I have some pics of the LoD for you.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Also Khen, why did you give up on Lordaeron? :'(
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Wed May 15, 2013 3:05 pm

I DIDN'T!!! It's a strategic pause for relief, but you wouldn't know about any of that!

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Fri May 17, 2013 2:05 am

I love the entire idea and lore around the Argents and I think it's a damn shame there's not currently an Argent guild up (at least not on Alliance, unaware of Horde guilds really).

I'd definitely get involved on my current chars, though I can't really make a new char to put in personally.

One idea I always liked was the idea of supply caravans--for imported goods, mainly--going through the Eastern Kingdoms, say from Dun Morogh up through Arathi to the Plaguelands via the tunnels. Things like fresh armor, booze, Stormwind newspapers, Ironforge guns, whatever--I'm aware most of those northern areas would be mostly self-sufficient but there's enough reason to have guilds travelling between EK RP hubs such as Stromgarde and Hearthglen. It could get multiple guilds involved and out and about in the world, as well as give a handful of Argents a reason to go back to the city now and again--preparing for the next supply shipment, etc.

/Random thought complete.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 9:13 am

Hm, I'm still quite tempted to set up an Argent guild. The other idea which I suggested (Bandits/outlaws) is going to happen, but I won't be leading it, just an officer. If there was enough people actively helping me out, I think I would go ahead with the Argent one too. But just so I can get a gauge of interest - how many people would be interested in such a guild?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next