Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is your character open to death?

+51
Buren
Sorayah
Feydor
Thelos
Kittrina
Littlepip
Shaelyssa
Dolerien
Coppernut
Rargnasha
Muzjhath
Anivitas
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Sullee Swiftspeech
Lorthan
Arkil
Calisar
Coppersocket
Delinith
Lexgrad
Cemdor
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Odgan / Keag
erwtenpeller
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Valdar/Melan
Larnira
Celistra
Thondalar Stormleaf
Ledgic
Allonia_Miral
Cid
siegmund
Brigs Morgan
Feral / Blackfall
Solanum
Finnabhair
Seranita
Amaryl
Grufftoof
Raene
Emrys
Raenmar
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Eve
Tuomas/Decurius
Drustai
Kristeas Sunbinder
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Ixirar
Vaell
55 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Is your character open to death? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is your character open to death?

Post by Calisar Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:04 pm

Hmm, yes I guess. I don't play as many characters so I'd view it as a sliding scale of acceptability.

Sivanna or Binty I'd be sad to see go, but sure. I'd be fairly happy to kill them off for the sake of a bit of exciting RP. Quick re-name and come back again as someone shiny and new, no probs.

Cal though, it'd have to be a pretty bloody good plot for me to sacrifice that character, even if the idea of being resurrected as some kind of undead (given her stance on them) would be pretty interesting! Wink Near fatal incident sure, but absolute death? Not just yet, not without a worthwhile cause.
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Is your character open to death? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is your character open to death?

Post by Arkil Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:52 pm

I feel the same as Cali, I think for any of my alts, I'd consider it quite okay to see one or two of them killed off, if the plot was thick enough and made for interesting RP.

Ark on the other hand i'd be very very reluctant to lose. If I were to kill him off, I'd be very unlikely to re-roll a new character. He's not too often in the line of fire, and now he's even more unlikely to be 'on the front lines' so he's a bit safer from harm's reach.
Arkil
Arkil

Character sheet
Name: Arkil Stormfeather
Title: Keeper

http://www.alexandashley.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:41 pm

My oldest role-playing character died a couple of weeks back. I didn't plan it, but the story was amazing. Well worth it.

I miss her sometimes, but in another way, it feels good to be able to close that book and say "You know what? This story has been told. Time for the next one."
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorthan Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:46 am

Hmm, for IC death I accept it, though not to some randommer running over trying to behead my character, then I'll go out of my way to keep my character alive.. Say he committed a crime and was sentenced to death, fair do's.
It's up to my buddies to try an' get me out of that one! x)
Lorthan
Lorthan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:14 pm

I'm going to be one of the first honest people here: no.
I could say I am but I became too attached to Sullee. Maybe I'd let him die on a interesting plot, or when theres a good reason for it ooc.

My other chars can be shot in the streets by a random urchin.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:45 pm

I wouldn't hold Bennedict from dying, if it came to that.

Although spending close to five years with him, but well... I wouldn't stop his death if it were to continue something else for someone.
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:18 pm

May seem odd, but I actually feel I'm more inclined to let my characters die, the longer they live, for instance Belserden, who has been around for three or so years, I love him to bits, and I'd never kill him off on purpose, but if he actually got into a situation where he would be killed off, I'd happily let it happen, as well, he's had his time so to speak.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:38 pm

I've got no trouble with people not wanting their characters to die.
But the thread was started around "If you do stupid shit, would you let them kill you?" (The example of paladin rushing into cultist lair alone).

And on that, if you say no.
I say "fine". but I also think that you're then not allowed to do stupid shit you should die from.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Muzjhath wrote:I've got no trouble with people not wanting their characters to die.
But the thread was started around "If you do stupid shit, would you let them kill you?" (The example of paladin rushing into cultist lair alone).

I say "fine". but I also think that you're then not allowed to do stupid shit you should die from.

If that's the case then it's a solid yes!! Monny has done just such in my time of rp'ing her and she only got out alive by blind luck ic. No ooC intervention was had
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkil Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:39 pm

I agree with Monrena.

If I was stupid enough to get into a situation where realistically Ark would get slaughtered, then I probably deserve it.
Arkil
Arkil

Character sheet
Name: Arkil Stormfeather
Title: Keeper

http://www.alexandashley.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:56 pm

Indeed. 1 rule. Don't puss off a starved dk who is almost insane with hunger and in jail then get within deathgrip reach lol. I shat myself having no armour or weapon at the time Very Happy
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:05 pm

I've got no trouble with people not wanting their characters to die.

This one, a hundred times.
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppernut Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:50 am

all my characters are open to death
Coppernut
Coppernut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolerien Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:56 am

I think if you're not open to the concept of death you're gonna be a bit crap to rp with. Sorry to say it to anyone who isn't open to the concept, but if you're going into a battle knowing the outcome, it kinda takes the fun out of it imo.

I know we're all attached to our characters. Spent perhaps years fleshing out their backgrounds and where all those strage character quirks come from, even added some details that will probably never be known to the wider community (Ab, for instance, loves to cook), purely for the purposes of immersion and truely understanding what drives your character.

That being said, I think we all want something special for our characters when they inevitebley die. Something worthy of the heroic or infamous deeds they have commited. Being shanked in a back alley isn't really what I want for a guy who I've pored years into.
Dolerien
Dolerien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:10 am

i have like a bijilion characters and Ive had a bijilion and a half of my characters die. dont really mind if one dies or one lives cause Ive got way too many chars than Id like to care to talk about heh!

at one point though I was so against poor shaelyssa dying!!! loved playing her and there was this one instance where she was for sure she going to die and I didnt want to her die so I ended up rping elune lol fun fun fun (poor things finally dead now tho rip shae!)
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:45 am

Abulos wrote:(Ab, for instance, loves to cook)
At first glance I read that as "loves the cock".

....Curious.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:43 pm

My characters are open to death, I love every thing in Roleplay even watching my own character die.. Have already happened to Martha once, guess who was shocked when I was risen as a Death Knight Very Happy
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:47 am

So I got into a scuffle with a 'group' a couple of days ago. No big deal, and my character was heavily outnumbered and outgunned. Two battle hardened Druids against a bunch of Civillians with shivs and pistols, and it was not looking good.

Now I've previously said I'm open to death so long as it serves a purpose, so when it goes against me in a combat scenario, I play it straight. My character was shot (albeit in the foot), and whilst her armour (Hardened Leathers and Barkskin, a Druid in-game move) absorbed most of the shot, it still got the round stuck in there, leaving her with a nasty limp instead of blowing her foot off.

Then, she goes and happens to run into a blade just as someones stabbing her. Her armour takes most of the stab, but she's still got a blade jabbed in her stomach for 2-3 inches, rather than the full forearm length of the blade. Realising she's pretty fucked (for lack of a better term) I immediately emote that my character is stunned, giving the stabber a chance to inflict another wound of his choosing, now that their character would be IC aware of the armour and difficulty they had penetrating it previously, it opens my character up to a neck/head/face stab (which is clearly skin, having emoted that the Barkskin was under the Leather).

This somehow offends the stabber OOC that my character has the audacity to wear Armour in a foreign city that is not made of paper. The stabber then (imho) breaks character by refusing to attack again and just instead chooses to walk off non-chalantly as if nothing had happened, forgetting their IC rage and throwing out OOC hissy fits, even going so far as to emote "Character had difficulty removing their blade from the superskin apparantly".

To me, that just seemed childish. Like they'd disliked not being able to immediately gut my character, and so they took their ball and went home. If they are reading this, then you know I am not over it, and nor am I over your appalling behaviour afterwards.

Still, it felt good to get that out.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:51 am

Raene, If I ever get the chance I want you to know I would happily slit your throat! <3
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:53 am

That has to be the single most nicest thing you've ever said to me Lex <3
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:53 am

ofc, Those I do not like I would make suffer XD
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:54 am

Let's make lore breaking babies. Death Knight + Druid babehs.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:58 am

LOL! Saddly there is already someone in Lexys life. Someone special and wonderful and it is called the light... would you like a pamphlet?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:26 am

Ahh, you short lived races and your delusions of the Light.

Everyone knows there's only Elune and the Naaru that are real.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:36 am

Raene wrote:Everyone knows there's only Elune and the other Naaru that are real.

Fix'd
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next