Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A way to open up the map without the map animation showing

+4
Thelos
Lexgrad
Raelan
Sorayah
8 posters

Go down

A way to open up the map without the map animation showing Empty A way to open up the map without the map animation showing

Post by Sorayah Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:47 pm

I know I am annoyed by the map animation showing mid-rp when you need to check something from the map. So I devised a simple macro that works around it. It goes as follows:

/stand
/script ToggleFrame(WorldMapFrame);

What it does is, it simply opens the map. I tested it with another person and there's no visible signs to others when you open up the map using this. It has the limitation of making you stand if you are sitting though, so if anyone has a better one, I'd appreciate if you shared it Smile
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

A way to open up the map without the map animation showing Empty Re: A way to open up the map without the map animation showing

Post by Raelan Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:11 pm

/sit
/script ToggleFrame(WorldMapFrame);

????
profit!
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

A way to open up the map without the map animation showing Empty Re: A way to open up the map without the map animation showing

Post by Sorayah Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Well that is an alternative if you want to look at the map while sitting already.
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Cool, will make a macro later.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:28 pm

Thanks, the community owes you one!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silferdrake Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:52 pm

Kudos. This is very much needed. I love the new animation, but it can really disrupt RP sometimes.
Silferdrake
Silferdrake

Character sheet
Name: Steven Silferdrake
Title: Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:47 pm

Alternatively, if you want to take out your map in RP without popping up the map screen, double tap M.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:56 pm

Or just type /read.

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:35 pm

Khendran wrote:Or just type /read.
Welllll holy shit. I've wanted to do this for ages, but didn't know about any fancy commands. Appreciated!

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down