Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Idea) Gilneas' Population

+18
Lexgrad
Billy Barisson
Khendran
Xen-tau
Feral / Blackfall
siegmund
Tuomas/Decurius
Ledgic
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Allonia_Miral
Raenmar
Drustai
Sadok
Ixirar
Rashka
Vaell
Eve
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

(Idea) Gilneas' Population - Page 2 Empty Re: (Idea) Gilneas' Population

Post by Raenmar Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:05 pm

What Ledgic said. It'd be pretty shitty after trying to gather refugees and fighting a war campaign with the eventual role of securing Gilneas to use in the war, we get there to find a society of happy, secure Gilneans that some how managed to get there a hell of a lot quicker and easier than we did (this was the problem with the Legacy).

The whole "if it's fun, do it" thing is really annoying, especially when it's going to fuck things up for other people. Again.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Raenmar wrote:What Ledgic said. It'd be pretty shitty after trying to gather refugees and fighting a war campaign with the eventual role of securing Gilneas to use in the war, we get there to find a society of happy, secure Gilneans that some how managed to get there a hell of a lot quicker and easier than we did (this was the problem with the Legacy).

The whole "if it's fun, do it" thing is really annoying, especially when it's going to fuck things up for other people. Again.
Man, you are a buzzkill. You should be happy there's even people role-playing out there.

Don't listen to Raenmar.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:18 pm

You should be happy there's even people role-playing out there.

Out where?
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:19 pm

Gil-motherfucking-neas. What this thread is about?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:20 pm

Gil-motherfucking-neas.

Why would I be happy about people RPing in Gilneas?
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:20 pm

Question... how do the Alliance get to Gilneas?

I don't mind pretending the war is only on the boarders.... but the Forsaken have ships and siege weapons at the border, traveling to Gilneas should be, lorewise, difficult. Not impossible I think.. but... improbable

Last edited by Aishling on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:20 pm

It isn't often I back Raenmar up, because I disagree with plenty of stuff he says on this forum, but frankly I'd sooner disregard your statements here, Erwtenpeller.

It's all well and good to say "Let's do this, this could be fun!" but without taking into account what other guilds of a similar kind have been trying to do (for as long as they have, as well) is wrong.

Setting up a Gilnean community in Gilneas when people have been trying to gather refugees and build a force strong enough to take back their homeland is poor, if you ask me. Better people co-ordinate their efforts and come up with something that is good and -fun- for everyone, not just the select few that can ignore the efforts of everyone else.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:21 pm

Ledgic Caan wrote:It isn't often I back Raenmar up, because I disagree with plenty of stuff he says on this forum, but frankly I'd sooner disregard your statements here, Erwtenpeller.

It's all well and good to say "Let's do this, this could be fun!" but without taking into account what other guilds of a similar kind have been trying to do (for as long as they have, as well) is wrong.

Setting up a Gilnean community in Gilneas when people have been trying to gather refugees and build a force strong enough to take back their homeland is poor, if you ask me. Better people co-ordinate their efforts and come up with something that is good and -fun- for everyone, not just the select few that can ignore the efforts of everyone else.

<3
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:23 pm

Let the people have their cake!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:24 pm

-_-
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:27 pm

Joining in on the collective effort could be cake as well?
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:27 pm

The cake is a lie....
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:29 pm

Defias Brotherhood has many flavors of cake, ripe for the taking. All you need to do is reach out, and grab it.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:31 pm

Stealing everyone else's cake that they've been baking for the last few months is a fairly asshole thing to do.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:32 pm

It's not the same cake. You are baking one cake, they are baking another. Together they can make a fine banquet of different cakes to choose from.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:35 pm

Let's take this away from cake.

You're essentially suggesting that a few people drop into an RP situation that calls into question the RP of several other people, from months of existing. I'm not usually one to stand in the way of more RP or whatever else, but it doesn't sit right with me (or others, I'm sure) for one idea to compromise those that already exist.

It's much better for everyone involved to combine what they've got and take it forward. Though, I'm just repeating myself now.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Ledgic Caan wrote:
Better people co-ordinate their efforts and come up with something that is good and -fun- for everyone, not just the select few that can ignore the efforts of everyone else.

What.

What.

WHAT?!

Are you God damn serious? Is this a joke? Are you joking? Because I'm not laughing. I'm a angry. Fuming. Raging, even. Are you seriously trying to argue that this small group that would want to role-play in Gilneas is somehow tyrranically dictating your role-play WHILE ON THIS VERY FORUM ALL OF YOU PEOPLE DO IS SHOOT IDEAS DOWN AND TELL PEOPLE WHAT -NOT- TO DO?!

I mean.

What.

HOW?!

How does this even begin to work?!

If anything it's you small group of elitist lorehounds shooting everyody's initiatives down with your killjoy role-play policicing that is the "select few ignoring the effects of everyone else" by margnializing them as 'lollers' or 'bad role-players'.

If people don't do something you agree with or think something that doesn't fit in your precious role-play programme you run it into the ground. THAT'S the select few ignoring everyone else.

The mere fact that these whipped hounds shuffled up to your throne to be "approved" or whatever is already symptomatic what is wrong with this whole forum and, to a lesser extend, the server. I mean, what the hell? You are trying to make it seem like they are bullying you to do the kind of role-play they want while they EXPLICITLY place themselves in a submissive position.

I need a break from this forum; I am close to suffering a complete nervous breakdown from how stupid this shit is. I am going to fume in a pile of noxious nerdrage if you manage to talk this group of people out of doing what they like. God damn. Take this lesson from me: don't post on these forums and 'ask for permission' next me and just do what you like. Nothing ever passes the scrutiny of the role-playing police elite anyhow.

I've long been losing faith in this forum, but this is the last straw. I'm taking a break. Good day.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:49 pm

10/10 would read again.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:53 pm

I find it funny that you say that Thelos when certain people like to claim that DB is the server with the most player-made lore.

By the way, no one has said that they can't RP there. Only that instead of turning it into a Victorian Stormwind, they be reminded that it's a war zone and that RP acknowledges that. Meaning constant attacks around the borders, martial law by military officers rather than civil councils, constant defensive drills to get people prepared, militia training for the few citizens that are there, and focused on jobs and activities that serve to support the war effort or rebuild the devastated country.

All of which serve to make it far more interesting for RP than just another dull land of common, peaceful civilian life.

People seem to think that that means we're saying people can't RP there at all, when what we're saying is to consider the lore and take it into account if you do RP there.

Last edited by Drustai on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:56 pm

Role-playing police elite?

Having worked on building up a fucking Gilneas community for the last 12 months, having RPed Gilneas as a warzone (as the lore clearly fucking states) and the evacuation and subsequent restart of the war campaign to secure it (a campaign we were already forced out of by one group of civilians walking straight to Gilneas, ignoring all prior RP regarding the war and trying to treat it like a safe zone), it would be really fucking annoying if we were to fight our way there to find that Gilnean refugees are living there safely already, all of our efforts were entirely pointless.

We have RPed Gilneas as a warzone, a goal, and something to get to. A non-military group setting up a society there would directly contradict a full year of hard work, of our RP, of official and server lore, and would shit on plans and potential RP in retaking the zone.

This is not about approving people, this is not about disagreeing with something that doesn't with what we want, this is about hard work and lots of RP that something like this would screw up completely. This is about common fucking courtesy.

Nobody has even said it shouldn't be done. Nobody has said it's a bad idea. I was actually hoping for a Gilnean civilian guild to pop up.

But ignoring current RP, ignoring plans and ignoring lore fucks things up for other people. And I know you don't give a fuck, as long as people do whatever the fuck makes them happy regardless of who they shit on, but this is a matter of respecting other peoples' RP. This isn't fucking elitism.

So get off your fucking high horse.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:59 pm

I definitely see where Pao is coming from with that post.

Rather than tell people their rp is silly though, I like the thought of people banding together in that tiny already struggling community that is "gilnean rp", as it's pretty empty as is, and help eachother get something rolling.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Pao wrote:
Ledgic Caan wrote:
Better people co-ordinate their efforts and come up with something that is good and -fun- for everyone, not just the select few that can ignore the efforts of everyone else.

What.

What.

WHAT?!

Are you God damn serious? Is this a joke? Are you joking? Because I'm not laughing. I'm a angry. Fuming. Raging, even. Are you seriously trying to argue that this small group that would want to role-play in Gilneas is somehow tyrranically dictating your role-play WHILE ON THIS VERY FORUM ALL OF YOU PEOPLE DO IS SHOOT IDEAS DOWN AND TELL PEOPLE WHAT -NOT- TO DO?!

I mean.

What.

HOW?!

How does this even begin to work?!

If anything it's you small group of elitist lorehounds shooting everyody's initiatives down with your killjoy role-play policicing that is the "select few ignoring the effects of everyone else" by margnializing them as 'lollers' or 'bad role-players'.

If people don't do something you agree with or think something that doesn't fit in your precious role-play programme you run it into the ground. THAT'S the select few ignoring everyone else.

The mere fact that these whipped hounds shuffled up to your throne to be "approved" or whatever is already symptomatic what is wrong with this whole forum and, to a lesser extend, the server. I mean, what the hell? You are trying to make it seem like they are bullying you to do the kind of role-play they want while they EXPLICITLY place themselves in a submissive position.

I need a break from this forum; I am close to suffering a complete nervous breakdown from how stupid this shit is. I am going to fume in a pile of noxious nerdrage if you manage to talk this group of people out of doing what they like. God damn. Take this lesson from me: don't post on these forums and 'ask for permission' next me and just do what you like. Nothing ever passes the scrutiny of the role-playing police elite anyhow.

I've long been losing faith in this forum, but this is the last straw. I'm taking a break. Good day.

Where on earth did that came from? If there is a well established guild that has been around for a long while and they have been trying to gather enough to RE-TAKE GILNEAS, why on earth would I not ask those that want to start stuff up in Gilneas to contact that established group of players?

You can bark all you want about people RP'ing whatever they like. That is all well and good, and generally I'm very supportive of that attitude. What I do not like is the idea of a group of people's RP being disregarded in favour of a different group of roleplayers. Where, honestly, is the harm of co-ordinating and working together so it's enjoyable for everyone?

If this idea went ahead, the guild that has been working towards this goal would have that effort kicked to the curb. They'd simply have to return to Gilneas and be like "Oh, right... nothing was wrong here all along!" and that is not fair.

Edit: At no point did I say "DO NOT DO THIS". I simply pushed forward the argument that I think it would be better for everyone is they banded together. I stand by that argument, because while I love RP, love seeing more RP spread and genuinely enjoy the ideas everyone brings about... I do not like seeing one RP idea make another one lose it's point.

At no point did I mention lore. At no point did I actively slam the idea. Your outburst is well and truly unwarranted.

Last edited by Ledgic Caan on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:05 pm

>Somebody makes thread about Gilneas RP
>States interest in using Gilneas as an RP hub
>Specifies that OP is willing (and prefers) to cooperate with any other gilnean communities are around so as to step on as few toes as possible
>Raenmar goes batshit because it's HIS Gilneas because he spent TWELVE FRIKKIN MONTHS building up a Gilnean Community so they could all RP in Stormwind because Gilneas a warzone with constant invisible attacks that contain no horde players because Raenmar is the chosen Messiah who will lead the gilnean people back to their ancestral homeland and I'll be damned if he doesn't get to decide the exact time, place and way that that's going to happen.
>allmywuts.jpg
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:06 pm

"I've worked really hard the past year to set up Gilneas RP."

"Why would I be happy about people role-playing in Gilneas?"
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:08 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:"I've worked really hard the past year to set up Gilneas RP."

"Why would I be happy about people role-playing in Gilneas?"

/thread
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next