Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Idea) Gilneas' Population

+18
Lexgrad
Billy Barisson
Khendran
Xen-tau
Feral / Blackfall
siegmund
Tuomas/Decurius
Ledgic
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Allonia_Miral
Raenmar
Drustai
Sadok
Ixirar
Rashka
Vaell
Eve
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

(Idea) Gilneas' Population Empty (Idea) Gilneas' Population

Post by Eve Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:44 pm

So me and a friend were talking about making a guild, when suddenly an idea springs to our minds. We begin talking about how Gilneas is well - empty. We were thinking of making a guild that's, well. Gilneas' population.

The guild would be set into catergories: Guards, Council, Peasants, etc, with someone keeping an eye on each group and planning weekly events and the such.

Most everyone would be welcome - or at the least the ones that either live or visit Gilneas frequently. We would like some people to start bakerys, general stores, book shops, etc. Maybe some preachers (the church would be up at some point every week) or something. Basically, the idea is to get Gilneas looking like an average city rather than an empty wastleland.

The idea is still pretty damn fresh, so some feedback would be wonderful at this moment.
Eve
Eve

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

(Idea) Gilneas' Population Empty Re: (Idea) Gilneas' Population

Post by Vaell Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:48 pm

A cool idea. I was actually going to use Gilneas in its current state for my school rp, but obv - locals come first.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:52 pm

That'd be a cool idea aswell, - a city needs a school, that's for sure!
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:53 pm

inb4 aboc

nah I'm jk, it's a decent idea. I hope you manage it Smile I'm planning on making my rogue a Gilean native(non-worgen) once I resub.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:05 am

It'd be great to see Gilneas used again - it's been empty far too long!
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:46 am

Just remember that Gilneas is a warzone, under constant invasion by the Forsaken (especially along the coast and at the wall). The entire country would be under martial law, and the only civilians that might be there would be those assisting the war or reconstruction efforts. It's not a peaceful happy place to live.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:32 am

Drustai wrote:Just remember that Gilneas is a warzone, under constant invasion by the Forsaken (especially along the coast and at the wall). The entire country would be under martial law, and the only civilians that might be there would be those assisting the war or reconstruction efforts. It's not a peaceful happy place to live.

That is a factor we didn't quite think of, - will be speaking with Zail tomorrow about it.
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:32 am

As Dru said, it's a warzone. We're still fighting a war and we haven't moved back in to Gilneas.

The Gilnean assembly is an event supposed to bring Gilneans together, just haven't had many people turning up so far.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:20 am

Gilnean RP would be nice. And yeah, going to the meetings and such to create some collected effort with those around there would be a good idea.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:38 am

I would be very happy to have some Gilneans to visist when we (Pandaren) inevitabily wander into Gilneas! My character at least wants to take a picture with himself on the Wall. Because he likes Walls.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:01 am

Arenai wrote:
Drustai wrote:Just remember that Gilneas is a warzone, under constant invasion by the Forsaken (especially along the coast and at the wall). The entire country would be under martial law, and the only civilians that might be there would be those assisting the war or reconstruction efforts. It's not a peaceful happy place to live.

That is a factor we didn't quite think of, - will be speaking with Zail tomorrow about it.
But you can use Gilneas for whatever you want. It's empty, it's too perfect to skip out on because of a couple of measly lore restrictions. pah!

Delidah still uses Greymane mansion as a super-secret magical space mansion. It's fun.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:08 am

But you can use Gilneas for whatever you want. It's empty, it's too perfect to skip out on because of a couple of measly lore restrictions. pah!

Delidah still uses Greymane mansion as a super-secret magical space mansion. It's fun.

That's also what I thought! But we wouldn't do it unless people allows it, now that the lore sits inbetween our choice..
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:10 am

For empty zones like Gilneas I actually for once think players should be > lore. There's a warzone? Get a horde guild to do actual raids in there. There's no horde? No warzone then. Gilneas is too perfect for restricting it to martial law with scarce civillians to back up the millitary.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:18 am

It's less about the lore for me and more about it not being great for the other gilneans. Most of them have been waiting to rally enoughso they can return home. If they get there and it's all bunnies and rainbows, with a population waving, they're going to feel stupid.

Talk to the other gilneans and arrange something.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:32 am

It won't be bunnies and rainbows!
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:36 am

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:For empty zones like Gilneas I actually for once think players should be > lore. There's a warzone? Get a horde guild to do actual raids in there. There's no horde? No warzone then. Gilneas is too perfect for restricting it to martial law with scarce civillians to back up the millitary.

Ledgic Caan wrote:It's less about the lore for me and more about it not being great for the other gilneans. Most of them have been waiting to rally enoughso they can return home. If they get there and it's all bunnies and rainbows, with a population waving, they're going to feel stupid.

Sorry to be the rain in your parade, but lore > 'what players want'. And for the single reason that, it is probable(not saying certain, but probable) that Gilneas will be retaken by lore, sooner or later, and perhaps even in the span of this expansion. I'm all for rp there, I'd done it myself, many times, but must not look as if you actually have retaken Gilneas. Some activity in the border villages(Stormglen, for example), perhaps even setting a camp in Cathedral Square(Seventh Legion is there), but taking tea and biscuits in city houses is out of question. The place is a mess, bombed and with broken roads and buildings. A sorto of rebuilding activity, if done well it's something which is great to rp, way much more than creating a Transilvanian Stormwind, and imho, has way much more sense with the lore. Be aware though that the rebuilding can't and won't be completed 'til when Blizzard states so.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:50 am

I'm not saying retcon the war. I'm saying as long as there are no horde players to play the invading army, I don't see why it has to be an -active- warzone. As long as nobody wants to play the attackers, imo, those RPing there shouldn't be forced to play as if they were under siege.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:59 am

Arenai wrote:That'd be a cool idea aswell, - a city needs a school, that's for sure!
I actually meant more on an OOC basis, using the zone to RP a school that has been built somewhere in Elwynn. But if you're planning on repopulating the area, I'll find another refuge!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:28 am

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:For empty zones like Gilneas I actually for once think players should be > lore. There's a warzone? Get a horde guild to do actual raids in there. There's no horde? No warzone then. Gilneas is too perfect for restricting it to martial law with scarce civillians to back up the millitary.
This person makes a lot of sense.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:43 am

Longknife/Decurius wrote:

Ledgic Caan wrote:It's less about the lore for me and more about it not being great for the other gilneans. Most of them have been waiting to rally enoughso they can return home. If they get there and it's all bunnies and rainbows, with a population waving, they're going to feel stupid.

Sorry to be the rain in your parade, but lore > 'what players want'. And for the single reason that, it is probable(not saying certain, but probable) that Gilneas will be retaken by lore, sooner or later, and perhaps even in the span of this expansion. I'm all for rp there, I'd done it myself, many times, but must not look as if you actually have retaken Gilneas. Some activity in the border villages(Stormglen, for example), perhaps even setting a camp in Cathedral Square(Seventh Legion is there), but taking tea and biscuits in city houses is out of question. The place is a mess, bombed and with broken roads and buildings. A sorto of rebuilding activity, if done well it's something which is great to rp, way much more than creating a Transilvanian Stormwind, and imho, has way much more sense with the lore. Be aware though that the rebuilding can't and won't be completed 'til when Blizzard states so.

I didn't state ignore the lore, I said I had less of an issue with the lore blockade. My main concern lies with the people that have been playing Gilneans that haven't returned home because of the state of the place. It leaves them in an awkward position.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:46 am

What Ledgic says.

Also, keeping some of that lore is also what would make Gilneas rp interesting. Otherwise you could do it pretty much anywhere else and get the same results...
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:42 pm

Only problem there might be is lack of players. Sure it's easy to get a cupple of alts, but tricky in general *Nod*.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:47 pm

I have a house there ICly that I visit fairly often (it's the reason my char bought a gryphon, which is fairly rare to have IC I believe).

I take it as ICly dangerous, have the house done by a mage periodically with a basic illusion to make it look like a shed. Renovated the place IC too. Love it (even though I'm aware it's shared OOCly by other RPers from time to time).

I've seen maybe one other person there the whole time I've happily solo-rp'd, and that was someone who sought me out specifically. So empty.

It -would- be nice to see more people out there. Although--the buildings are sparse and "claims" might be an issue. The ones in the city are like, one-room as well, and yeah--it might invite more PvP incursions, both IC and OOC, just bear that in mind.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:11 pm

I've happily solo-rp'd
You have role-played... on your own...
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:15 pm

Arenai wrote:
That's also what I thought! But we wouldn't do it unless people allows it, now that the lore sits inbetween our choice..

...Allow? Who are you asking permission from? The role-play police?

If you want to do something, do something. Don't listen to the buzzkills. If your role-play is fun, they'll come around to accepting and supporting it. If it turns out to be bad, nothing of value will have been lost.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Go for it!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next