Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone interested in trading gold between DB and AD? (Alliance)

+14
siegmund
Thelos
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Vaell
Magaskawee/Anaei
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Coppersocket
Drustai
Lexgrad
Raenmar
Lavian
Shaelyssa
Ixirar
Sorayah
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Anyone interested in trading gold between DB and AD? (Alliance) - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone interested in trading gold between DB and AD? (Alliance)

Post by Vaell Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Vaell wrote:AD, FUCKKK OFF. I AM PUTTING MY MIDDLE FINGER UP AT THE COMPUTEA
Ok, now that I'm sober, I'll give a constructive post!

Drustai wrote:That being said, I agree that Alliance side at least tends to be very anti-PvP currently, and this needs to change. It wasn't always like this.
I don't think it needs to change at all. As Thelos said, no one owes the server anything. I personally only do PvP because I want to be able to see some big numbers when fighting in a campaign! But other than that, I am only on WoW for the RP. If the RP stopped, I'd be gone in an instant. I'm sure a lot of people are in a similar boat, so why try and force the idea that you have to PvP? Blueshield all you want. I remember when Blueshielders were called cowards/pussies 5 months ago, which was so embarassing for the name callers who viewed themselves as brave because they PvP!

Why I chose DB:
I was cycling through the servers looking for a new RP realm, a year after quitting from Scarshield Legion and going into the PvE aspect of the game. Every server seemed to have dickheads doing the recruiting or people saying "this server is dead!". On DB, I spoke to a Disciple and was pretty much given the run down of the server.

Pros for DB:
1. Clear structure; we have guards, a council, people rping all the different factions and keeping each other from metagaming horrifically. It feels like the WoW world.
2. All of my characters are here/All developed.
3. I know most of the community now.

Cons for DB:
1. Smaller community, therefore harder to rp with fresh new faces.
2. Though it doesn't exist currently, gankers roam the north lands freely!

Pros for AD:
1. Large community which creates immersion in cities.
2. Can blueshield wherever you want.

Cons for AD:
1. A lack of enforced structure.
2. Bad experience with RPers there: e.g, someone with their TRP saying "14 year old; looking to be raped."
3. To transfer a single character would cost me 15 bloody quid!

I am sure AD has quality, but it doesn't have the sense of realism that I long for as an RPer. I like the fact we have people who have wasted their life learning lore (Twisted Evil Drustai) and therefore can help understand things like the Arcane. It makes it feel less like a game and more like you're RPing in a more colourful Lord of the Rings. In hindsight, I wish I had a few of my chars on AD. Just to mix it up when RP on DB isn't flourishing.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested in trading gold between DB and AD? (Alliance) - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone interested in trading gold between DB and AD? (Alliance)

Post by Drustai Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Vaell wrote:
Drustai wrote:That being said, I agree that Alliance side at least tends to be very anti-PvP currently, and this needs to change. It wasn't always like this.
I don't think it needs to change at all. As Thelos said, no one owes the server anything. I personally only do PvP because I want to be able to see some big numbers when fighting in a campaign! But other than that, I am only on WoW for the RP. If the RP stopped, I'd be gone in an instant. I'm sure a lot of people are in a similar boat, so why try and force the idea that you have to PvP? Blueshield all you want. I remember when Blueshielders were called cowards/pussies 5 months ago, which was so embarassing for the name callers who viewed themselves as brave because they PvP!

It's embarrassing that Alliance has those blueshielders. We "force" the idea because you rolled on an RP-PvP server.

You know what the Horde do when they get ganked? They fight them off. And keep RPing in the contested area. Because they actually get geared up and learn to PvP. Which is also why Alliance loses almost every single even-numbered RP-PVP battle, unless it's primarily Three Hammers doing the fighting. If nothing else convinces you, then at least the fact that those Alliance that don't bother ruin it for those of us who'd actually like a decent chance against the Horde RP guilds.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:50 pm

Drustai wrote:
Vaell wrote:

It's embarrassing that Alliance has those blueshielders. We "force" the idea because you rolled on an RP-PvP server.

You know what the Horde do when they get ganked? They fight them off. And keep RPing in the contested area. Because they actually get geared up and learn to PvP. Which is also why Alliance loses almost every single even-numbered RP-PVP battle, unless it's primarily Three Hammers doing the fighting. If nothing else convinces you, then at least the fact that those Alliance that don't bother ruin it for those of us who'd actually like a decent chance against the Horde RP guilds.

It's a very deep-rooted problem, that more or less stems from the central role of Stormwind. You don't have to learn how to fight to protect yourself in a capital or an uncontested zone, just put blueshield on. Now, insert years for that mindset to gain ground, and you get a Stormwind-focused community who doesn't know how to man up and fight back, and rather just lie down and weep on the forums as they're kicked.

Guilds that primarily RP in uncontested zones, or have a leadership that leans towards the PvP aspect don't generally have this problem. I personally hate how it is, blueshielding is a way of evading a fight when you really don't want to engage in one (I don't fight a Horde raid in SW on my lvl 32 alts...), but aside from that it should be shunned. But sadly only a major, long-lived migration to uncontested zones would change the attitude, as then the RPers would have to start dealing punches as well.

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Raenmar wrote:
I feel like I'm becoming a bit more stupid each time that I come to check out this topic.

If reading a normal, completely reasoned discussion
If only.

Raenmar wrote:Really, why the immense butthurt over any discussion relating to the community, the server, or any other server? It's pathetic. I apologize deeply for not being an unreasonable, blindly optimistic retard and for DARING TO COMPARE AN INFERIOR SERVER TO THE MIGHTY DEFIAS BROTHERHOOD.
I never said that either side was wrong and the other right. I simply find the entire discussion to be blindly discussed with ignorant argumentation. Not to mention that the entire thing is completely unnecessary and doesn't "help the server" or anything like that, which seems to be what you're on about. And if you absolutely need to discuss it then yes, you should make a separate thread. This thread is for trading gold, not discussion. Really, I'm surprised it's not locked and/or deleted yet.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:57 pm

My problem is that it makes you sad, angry and unhappy. I can't imagine it's very fun being angry all the time.

In all honesty, most of the time it doesn't make me feel that way. If it was like Ravenholdt and my guild was crumbling because there was just nobody to recruit, then yeah, I'd feel bad. But having something to work for, like the Northern community, gives me a motivation I can't find in anything else. When things work, I feel great. When things don't work, I just try something else. In the times it makes me feel bad, I don't mind so much. Heck, RP makes me feel sad and angry at times. Not particularly nice at the time, but it just makes things better overall to feel unhappy sometimes.

It's probably a stupid way to look at things, but I just can't enjoy something unless I'm creating something useful. Pretty much the reason I stopped playing anything other than MMOs.

i feel like you're dumping sad puppies and kittens out of a bag into a shredder

Spoiler:

Need a new shredder.

But really, I don't know why people find me so depressing. People tell me I bring them down when I'm genuinely not complaining. I take a realistic perspective on things, sure, but that doesn't make me unhappy. I don't even feel remotely sad when I say DB is in decline, and it's not the intention to make other people sad. It's just the intention to muse and discuss and give my realistic perspective.

+pessimists make the best leaders yo.

And yeah, I'll whisper you when I'm online (should be soon).

so why try and force the idea that you have to PvP?

Because, on an RPvP server, people will PvP with you regardless of whether or not you want. If you do all your RP in blueshield zones, fine, I don't care whether you PvP or not.

But if you RP outside of blueshield zones, people will gank you, and they won't give a shit about how that makes you feel.

People who refuse to PvP and who drag all the RP into blueshield zones bring RP down. You don't even need to PvP if you get ganked - you can continue in ghost form and raidchat until they go away, or you can take it IC. And yet people, on an RPPvP server, refuse to do that, and so RP suffers massively.

I remember when Aboc came to gank Thelos' funeral. People at the event had at least ten minutes' notice, and I brought a few PvPers, and yet people refused to disrupt the event by coming outside for a minute to wipe them, which we could easily have done. Instead, our small defense raid was wiped and they proceeded inside to wipe the event and camp it until people moved to Shatt.

That unwillingness to accept PvP as part of an RPPvP server not only ruins sections of the community (everyone in the North toward the end of Cata, except the Gilnean community and TTH afaik), but it ruins RP for people who want to RP outside of blueshield zones and would be fully prepared to defend themselves, but can't because the people around them would rather abandon the zone and go to Stormwind.

And that unwillingness to accept PvP will always end up how it did last time: all the guilds moving to blueshield zones indefinitely.

But sadly only a major, long-lived migration to uncontested zones would change the attitude, as then the RPers would have to start dealing punches as well.

The North says hi!

And on that topic, we miss you on Galedric Sad No Argents been around for a while.

This thread is for trading gold, not discussion. Really, I'm surprised it's not locked and/or deleted yet.

The thread's purpose has been fulfilled, so it's being used to discuss an issue which arose during the course of the thread. What's wrong with that?

Not to mention that the entire thing is completely unnecessary and doesn't "help the server"

So a discussion needs to either fulfil a purpose or people should just stfu?
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Raenmar wrote:
This thread is for trading gold, not discussion. Really, I'm surprised it's not locked and/or deleted yet.

The thread's purpose has been fulfilled, so it's being used to discuss an issue which arose during the course of the thread. What's wrong with that?
The title suggests that something else is to be found in the thread, perhaps causing that people who would want to have a word in it won't check it out. People might also come to the topic expecting something entirely different than what they find. Making a separate thread would keep the forum more cleaned up. All in all it is beneficial to make a new thread for it.

Raenmar wrote:
Not to mention that the entire thing is completely unnecessary and doesn't "help the server"

So a discussion needs to either fulfil a purpose or people should just stfu?

There's no point in a discussion that holds no purpose, and especially not when it's held with ignorant argumentation which results in no conclusion.

Last edited by Cenalia/Gor'Thrak on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:13 pm

There's no point in telling people that their posting has no point.

... wait, shit.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:15 pm

Drustai wrote:There's no point in telling people that their posting has no point.

... wait, shit.

Point of it: To make them either stop bringing the thread off-topic or create a separate thread.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:21 pm

Raenmar wrote:
But sadly only a major, long-lived migration to uncontested zones would change the attitude, as then the RPers would have to start dealing punches as well.

The North says hi!

And on that topic, we miss you on Galedric Sad No Argents been around for a while.
Well I mean't a larger migration than just the northern guilds. Besides, as I said, these are usually people who are used to being ganked. It's the safe-zoned population that I'm talking about. Alas, my froth-mouthed ranting about it won't change anything, it's up to the players themselves to change their attitudes. But as Drustai said, it's incredibly frustrating for the some of us who want to stand a fighting chance against the Horde without outnumbering them.

And I will return eventually, I suppose. Just a tad bit tired of WoW at the moment. Again. But the damn thing is a drug, can't ever fully get rid of it. Crying or Very sad

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:24 pm

My first experience of AD was walking through silvermoon and someone constantly whispering me telling me I was was making their dick hard and needed a rape. And then the GMs did shit all Very Happy LOVELY.

That said I then got into contact with some of the RP guilds there, seems to be a decent and varied community. It'd just bigger, meaning there's bigger douchebags but also some really good thriving guilds at the same time.

My main ties to DB are the in-character ones, server loyalty in itself seems an odd thing.
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:50 pm

If you want to enforce a PVP mentality on DB because it's RP-PVP I challenge any of you guys to actually be good at PVP first.

PVP when you want. RP-PVP doesn't mean that you -have- to consent to PVP, it just means the horde doesn't have to care wether you consent to or not.

That entire discussion can be summed up so quickly. If you can't handle being ganked you don't belong on an RP-PVP server, but if you -can- handle it, even if you get pissed at times, it's your choice and nobody has the right to decide how much you should PVP to deserve your stay, and if anybody says you should gear up or reroll a PVE realm, they are a cancer to -actual- PVP mentallity and you should ignore them completely. Personally, that urge to get revenge for a kill drives me a lot. One of the best feelings I get in this game is when somebody ganks me and keeps killing me untill I figure out the weak points of their playstyle and manage to wipe them.

Heck, yesterday I got jumped by a level 90 warlock on my level 85 DK and I ended up CCing him because of that urge to -not let him win- because at that exact moment, when I wasn't having a conversation with him, when I didn't have to work with him at all, when my only relation to him was that he was trying to beat me, he was the biggest scum of the earth and I hated him with all my guts. This is PVP mentallity. And it's not related to farming arena for gear, nor does it have anything to do with blueshielding.

We're like 3 months into MOP and my druid is still pretty much full blue gear. But I still try to compete, I still get mad when I fail, I still get back into the game a moment later and I still get that feeling of satisfaction when I finally figure out what was holding me back and manage to beat the opponent.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Wow this thing got big.

Just for clearing things up I logged an opinion not a personal insult so please do not think that I am slagging anyone off by saying that AD is better. I just do not see the benefit of parroting the party line, AD is not the horror that I was told it was for so long.

If you want to re-roll there then I doubt that my words really matter and if you have no interest in moving then they will matter even less. Despite what my ego tells me I am not a popular and charismatic leader of RPers that everyone will follow my every word.

The PvP argument is kinda been done anyway, when the north was being camped nightly there was not one guy from SW who ever came and regularly helped. TTH helped a lot but largely it was the Shroud, TLA and later on the Worgs who fought together. I even remember being slagged off at Thelos's funeral for trying to get you all to fight back. For every tub thumping Anti-ganker RPer here I say this, you had your chance and I saw none of you.

But whatever, it does not bother me really, if you enjoy RP in DB, which I still do at times then enjoy it. If you think that I am trying to insult you then do not think that, DB has had some great moments and still has some quality RPers. But have some independence of thought, AD is not the horror that DB doctrine has said of it for so long.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:29 pm

Drustai wrote:
Vaell wrote:

It's embarrassing that Alliance has those blueshielders. We "force" the idea because you rolled on an RP-PvP server

Some people don't want to spend all of their time grinding gear or wasting time playing the game. Your worth on the server is not superior because you wasted a few extra nights doing arena. If you have that mentality, then you're a simplistic idiot. I rolled on the server because of the RP, the PvP element was nothing to do with my decision. Read my first point; every other server was not very encouraging to join. DB did.

If you don't want to rp in a blueshield zone, you blame people for doing it saying "We could prosper the RP by going north!" I've RPed fine and I try to avoid being ganked. During the Aboc situation, I rped mainly in Stormwind quite happily. If you're unhappy, deal with it yourself - don't pin the blame on other people not wanting to do what you want. Selfish point of view.

At the end of the day. AD has more players, but lacks structure. It is whatever you prefer.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Vaell wrote:
Drustai wrote:
Vaell wrote:

It's embarrassing that Alliance has those blueshielders. We "force" the idea because you rolled on an RP-PvP server

Some people don't want to spend all of their time grinding gear or wasting time playing the game. Your worth on the server is not superior because you wasted a few extra nights doing arena. If you have that mentality, then you're a simplistic idiot. I rolled on the server because of the RP, the PvP element was nothing to do with my decision. Read my first point; every other server was not very encouraging to join. DB did.
Tbh, most people who run out and kill RPers.
At least those who do it on the alliance side of things. SUCK DONKEY BALLS. Huge fucking hairy smelly donkeyballs.

The Mith...somethingsilly guild attacked me when I had recently returend. Me and two OrB guildmates. We were in sorta 50/50% RP gear. I was at half health due to a fall. They were full health and had better gear. Do you know what? We beat he CRAP out of them.
You don't need to constant keep the best gear to fight back. You just need to know how to play a rather easy game and have decent shit on.

And I say that as someone who's found WoW boring since Wrath. (Thus I quit)
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:56 pm

Despite what my ego tells me I am not a popular and charismatic leader of RPers that everyone will follow my every word.

I AM. No really, when I left Ravenholdt, half the RP community followed me. Though it may be worth noting that that, at the time, the RP community consisted of 10 people, and half of them were in my guild.

I even remember being slagged off at Thelos's funeral for trying to get you all to fight back. For every tub thumping Anti-ganker RPer here I say this, you had your chance and I saw none of you.

Same.

Some people don't want to spend all of their time grinding gear or wasting time playing the game.

Then they shouldn't RP in contested areas.

Your worth on the server is not superior because you wasted a few extra nights doing arena

No. But I wasted a few extra nights doing arena, so when my guild's RP, or our ally's guild's RP gets ganked I can defend it and we continue to enjoy our RP, instead of bitching about it, letting them fight without me, get camped because I can't be arsed to fight, and then abandon our RP because I can't be arsed to fight. THAT is fucking selfish.

I rolled on the server because of the RP, the PvP element was nothing to do with my decision

As long as you stick to blueshield zones, fine. Nobody has a problem with people sticking to blueshield zones.

If you don't want to rp in a blueshield zone, you blame people for doing it saying "We could prosper the RP by going north!"

Anyone interested in trading gold between DB and AD? (Alliance) - Page 3 Picard-facepalm

No.

If you aren't going to RP, then as long as you stick to blueshield zones, nobody gives a shit.

But if you leave blueshield zones to RP with people, and you don't bother fighting back when they get ganked, that's incredibly selfish, and it ruins things for others.

As for blaming people for staying in blueshield zones because they should go North... what? I've argued for the whole thread that people should be given options, including the opportunity for RP in Stormwind, and that the North is just another option for people.

If you're unhappy, deal with it yourself

Ah, such a strong, united, friendly, allied community.

don't pin the blame on other people not wanting to do what you want.

Oh, sorry. I'll just solo all the Horde PvPers because you can't be arsed so you can RP safely.

Oh, can't solo them. I guess I'll just stop RPing in the zones I want to RP in because nobody can be arsed to help.

Selfish point of view.

...Really?

If you want to enforce a PVP mentality on DB because it's RP-PVP I challenge any of you guys to actually be good at PVP first.

Nobody's asking people to be good at it. We're asking people to stop be lazy and to actually put a small amount of effort into defending their RP, instead of running to safe zones at the first sign of trouble and letting people down.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Agreed with everything in Raenmar's post.

No one likes to grind out gear, Vaell. I rolled on the server to do RP, too, and to do that RP, I need to be able to defend myself, because aside from a handful of areas, I and everyone I'm RPing with can be ganked anywhere we go. Grinding gear isn't a pastime, it's a requirement to doing any RP outside of a blueshield area.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Well, I do like the odd BG and Tol Barad when it was active was a lot of fun.

PvP has always been part of the game and I started playing WoW on PvP private servers, to kill other people. That was so much fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:18 pm

It seems Sorayah already got names to trade with.

Locking unless she wants it re-opened at a future time.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3