Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Anti-Lionmane Propaganda, as posted by a Arathorian Noble]

+13
Eodan
Ixirar
Sharyssa/Adenah
Gogol
Quin
Gilran
Cid
Krogon Devilstep
Rmuffn
Dorik Thunderbelly
Vardrek/Burgen
Jeanpierre
The Misty Beast
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Anti-Lionmane Propaganda, as posted by a Arathorian Noble] Empty [Anti-Lionmane Propaganda, as posted by a Arathorian Noble]

Post by The Misty Beast Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:05 pm

The Bane of Arathor by Geoffrey 'The Bear' of Strom

In not the distant north, after the borders of Wetlands rises the Arathi Highlands, a well contested area, claimed by many. Forsaken in the west, Orcs in the east and within the ruin of Stromgarde, by the hard necked Arathorians. A people formed by hard labour, constant threats, genocide and childish, borderlining insane leadership. I will not discuss the many different tours with Saihna Trollbane nor her daughter, Princess Anaei Trollbane-Lionmane, this will be a statement about the self-proclaimed Lion of the North, Seiken Trollbane, today Seiken Lionmane. This former King, now Lord Protector of Arathi Highlands is surely better suited to work until his dying breath deep down in the darkest parts of Gol’bolar than to be leading a people on the edge of extension.

It is well preserved in the books of Ironforge library what horrible sins this loud boasting, political mad man is responsible for.
Lord Protector Trollbane-Lionmane failed to protect the people he has sworn to protect following the aftermath of Stormwind’s civil war. Foolishly he lead the entire Arathorian forces down south, to fight someone else’s war, leaving his people defenseless, and the ‘Great Gurubashi Slaughter’ was what came next. Countless of Arathorians where killed, eaten, flayed and when the dwarven reinforcements arrived there was little to nothing to save. The farms where burned and the ruin of Strom where if possible in an even worse condition than before. Seiken returned together with his now also quite wounded army to a crippled land.

As for the Gurubashi troll wars, to escape death Seiken courageously played dead and had one of his own men pretend to be him without his knowledge, that poor hero who died in his place has earned a place in all our hearts. He was flayed with his eyes torn out and skin ripped off, all for the sake of an ego-driven peacock to come running away and hide in Stormwind while his daughter Saihna and grand-daughter brought whatever was left of Stromgarde together.

He will beat his chest and proudly lie to anyone within hearing range that he has planted the banner and rallied his kinsmen and returned Stromgarde to its former glory, something that in fact actually was first achieved by his daughter Saihna Trollbane, him failing every attempt to gather the brutes and then keeping them together. He will also claim to be a giant of men, out winning the Alliance brightest minds by his wits and cunning ways, well only a fool or a clown would personally claim they are any of that, the only one within the family that could ever be honored for having somewhat of brains would be Anaei Trollbane-Lionmane whom we all know where the pupil of great Senator Marshal Irondawn.

This leader of this small rabble of fugitives and wildlings has also proved to be an unpredictable political ogre with the bloated ego that could match the size of very Khaz Ironforge. Numerous of times has he severed the already damaged relations with the only nation Stromgarde is even in relative accessible range of, time after time has this blundering Trogg of an Noble man insulted and directly threatened Ironforge officials. All due to his insane belief that this war-torn little scrap of land needs nothing, and has everything to offer, resulting in the house cat of Arathi acting like a pompous peacock when he really should be on his knees, begging for aid in all forms. But then again these noble Lords and Ladies very seldom seem to want what is best for their people, but rather their own unproductive agendas.

Geoffrey 'The Bear' of Strom
Exiled Nobleman of Arathi

(This article was on the last sheet of several Stormwindian newspapers.)

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

[Anti-Lionmane Propaganda, as posted by a Arathorian Noble] Empty Re: [Anti-Lionmane Propaganda, as posted by a Arathorian Noble]

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:39 pm

The Misty Beast wrote:(This article was on the last sheet of several Stormwindian newspapers.)

((Pleasantly amused by the IC conflict but .... This would seem more like several gossip paper material. Or is it a page inserted in the Stormwindian papers by a clandestine group?
ICly it wouldn't make sense. What self-respecting, notable newspaper would risk publishing this? Papers get big by being a little provocative and catchy, not downright insulting and name-calling without anything to back it up.))
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

[Anti-Lionmane Propaganda, as posted by a Arathorian Noble] Empty Re: [Anti-Lionmane Propaganda, as posted by a Arathorian Noble]

Post by The Misty Beast Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:47 pm

((I don't see why the newspaper would have anything to fear in this case, it's not like they have let a Nobleman pay for some space in a paper to slander some mighty nation like Stormwind or Ironforge. Money talks, specially in the time setting of WoW.))

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:29 pm

((Money talks but the Gallow will silence. Especially in a time setting like Wow Smile
Still, if this is IC.. So shall it be treated IC. I certainly don't own the paper nor will pretend to. And I doubt Stormwind is really -that- concerned about Arathi at this point to go haywire of it. Unless the King would see in them an ally to hold back the Forsaken.))
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by The Misty Beast Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:15 pm

((JP are you saying that Stormwind don't care enough about Arathi, that a text like this wouldn't be printed to begin with? - In that case I would like to point out that it is the commission /work of an individual, not Stormwind.

Or are you saying Stormwind isn't concerned enough about Arathi to send someone to the gallows for this?

On a second note I find this being a bit silly that it shall be debated against on a OOC level when "Kingdom of Stromgarde" is accepted IC.
When the "Order of Anethion" is accepted.
When "Clan Irondawn" is accepted.
When "The Gurubashi Empire" is accepted.

And the list goes on.. This is IC, and its even a bit vague, not stating which particular newspapers it is printed in. If you wish, deem it only worthy Mr Figgins old Waterfront propaganda paper, or any other scurvy printer.

But please, keep the OOC away from the IC. ))

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:27 pm

The Misty Beast wrote:((But please, keep the OOC away from the IC. ))

(( confused But.. sure.. ))

*Pierre finishes the last page and folds the newspaper*
"Oh dear."
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:14 pm

"When "Clan Irondawn" is accepted."

*Snicker* Soviet Son's of Gogol always make me lol and cringe at the same time XD
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:06 pm

This is actually well-written, clever and enjoyable to read. I wonder how "The Bear" is going to react to this.
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:30 pm

Dorik Thunderbelly wrote:This is actually well-written, clever and enjoyable to read. I wonder how "The Bear" is going to react to this.

Why would "The Bear" react to his own text?
I suppose you confused the 'exiled nobleman's name with Seiken's?
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:10 am

The Lion Laughed.

[Anti-Lionmane Propaganda, as posted by a Arathorian Noble] Laughing+Lion.sm

And my advice to the creater of this fine thread, perhaps make a new forum account in future rather than use one you made post's with before, rather easy to track back some of your posts.

As for the content, posted by an un-heard of anonymous author, vaguelly insulting all arathorians and getting most of the history wrong.

Ideal journalist then, perhaps a job in the news of the world-- oh.

But being serious, nice effort.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:09 am

Actually OP was right on some points.

"He will also claim to be a giant of men, out winning the Alliance
brightest minds by his wits and cunning ways, well only a fool or a
clown would personally claim they are any of that, the only one within
the family that could ever be honored for having somewhat of brains
would be Anaei Trollbane-Lionmane whom we all know where the pupil of
great Senator Marshal Irondawn."

Is so much win. Twisted Evil
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:35 am

Cid wrote:Actually OP was right on some points.

"He will also claim to be a giant of men, out winning the Alliance
brightest minds by his wits and cunning ways, well only a fool or a
clown would personally claim they are any of that, the only one within
the family that could ever be honored for having somewhat of brains
would be Anaei Trollbane-Lionmane whom we all know where the pupil of
great Senator Marshal Irondawn."

Is so much win. Twisted Evil

Your personal opinion does not equate to the truth. Would you like me to drag up some bad points regarding TTH and use some 'anonymous' poster name?

The original poster should atleast have the courage to post with their real name, As because they obviously have something to hide. Likely that long dwarven beard... Eh gogol?
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:45 am

Seiken, learn how to separate IC from OOC. This was written out ICly and it doesn't mean everything written above is what really happend ICly but if you want to start a flame war against TTH, then go ahead.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:50 am

Great thread. Stop the inbreeding!
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:56 am

Gilran wrote:Seiken, learn how to separate IC from OOC. This was written out ICly and it doesn't mean everything written above is what really happend ICly but if you want to start a flame war against TTH, then go ahead.

The post was written by gogol, poorly thought out when he decided to use a different forum account to keep his identity hidden and avoid any kind of back-lash.

Its OOC because the original poster -doesnt exist-. And as he obviously doesnt want to show who it actually was, it can only be that, Out of Character.

Now i suggest someone apologises or the Original poster grows a manhood speedily or i'l make some posts in kind, and no... i wont be hiding behind a fake name.

Hows that for seperating IC and ooc?
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:19 am

I'm not 100% sure if this is written by Gogol or not, however if he really wrote it then he probably posted on another account to avoid OOC drama but again I can't be 100% if it's Gogol or not.

I don't think the poster in this thread(http://www.defiasrp.com/t5155-anti-irondawn-propaganda-as-posted-by-a-dark-iron) ICLy exists, yet we are all fine with it and we don't take it OOCly.

Then again, this was written ICLy despite if the poster ICly exists or not, maybe it was written by a Dwarf who has singed himself with a fake name.

Seiken Lionmane wrote:[
Now i suggest someone apologises or the Original poster grows a manhood speedily or i'l make some posts in kind, and no... i wont be hiding behind a fake name.

Was that a threat? My my, I don't think you are in any position to make threats. It's not our problem if you took this is OOCLy.

Seiken Lionmane wrote:
Hows that for seperating IC and ooc?

I would suggest taking time and reading http://www.wowwiki.com/Guide_to_roleplaying.

Now please, stop making drama in this fine thread.

Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:30 am

Gilran wrote:Then again, this was written ICLy despite if the poster ICly exists or not, maybe it was written by a Dwarf who has singed himself with a fake name.

Amusing thread, and naturally I have a finger in it.
However I did not post this.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:45 am

Shit Seiken, you really can't handle in-character stuff OOCly our ICly, can you? You even were so paranoid you had to check his earlier posts, so you know he ISN'T hiding, since he's using his own account with a name change.

Stop spouting garbage and take IC for IC O_o Geez, you're acting like Ephitos more for each day and it's getting quite bothersome.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:12 pm

Ugh...Right.

The text is awesome, but if I may be so bold as to explain -why- there's OOC reaction to it? (How it appears to be in my opinion, none of this comes from somebody else )
1. I know nothing about the past betwen TTH and KoS (or Gogol and Seiken) if there is indeed an OOC feud of sorts then it's logical to assume someone abuses the "Ic is Ic" argument to bash and slander without being harmed.

2. KoS has gone up and down -alot- and we're on our way to keep things -up- for once. We love rp, we welcome rp but being forced into random "we hate you" propaganda is not all too beneficial to keep rp'ing, especially not if it comes every week like the murder on Ildranor and now this... if you get what I mean? Very Happy

Ehhh...I'm sure I tried to make a point here but...I'm lost xD

Seiken, Gogol...-whoever- has a problem somewhere please do -not- make it public, it harms more than it does good. For guilds asmuch as individuals so please if you have a quarrel. Do keep it private Smile

Nicely written piece of IC stuff, totally from some gossip magazine I tell you!
As for my IC reaction:

*Adenah reads the post with a tired frown and sigh, eventually placing it aside as she makes her way to the tower to grab the registry of Stromgarde and Arathi and starts searching for anyone who ever went by such name and was exiled*
(Yush, any pointers what can be found would be welcome Smile)
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:28 pm

TL;DR: OP was epic and mysterious, Seiken is a bitch, Gogol is innocent, everybody laughs.

8/10, epic thread, would read again.

Last edited by Debri/Kavalis on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:32 pm

I for one agree with Sharyssa and would actually urge this thread to be locked if neither of both parties are capable of keeping this IC, regardless wether it has or hasn't gotten hidden motives behind it.

And for the love of everything, quit the threatening and personal bashing, I mean seriously. It's pathetic and only reflects to your own stance as an RPer.
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:45 pm

I believe this was written ICLy to keep the storyline progressing as there has already been a disput between Dwarves and Arathorians when Ildranor Strongbrew was murdered and some would like to see Dwarves and Arathorians fight. However, I don't think the one who posted this thread posted with intetion to OOCly flame Stromgarde. It is all In-character but as said above, Seiken apperently fails to see this IC-ly or he doesn't want to and I believe he has a grudge against us OOCLy, while we don't have anything against Stromgarde OOCLy.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Can we please keep the discussion as IC as possible and drop all the needless whining. That goes for everyone, I'd rather not have to lock every single thread that happens to have both Seiken and Gogol in them, because it's getting this way everytime now.

Ta'.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:10 pm

I don't see how that little text could be seen in an OOC manner. Hell, I'd *love* it if someone wrote something similar for Dorik, but then again he's not important enough. Sad
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Dorik Thunderbelly wrote:I don't see how that little text could be seen in an OOC manner. Hell, I'd *love* it if someone wrote something similar for Dorik, but then again he's not important enough. Sad

Well for a starters you stopped being so active! I remember when one could see Dorik everywhere, if you thought of a dwarven rifleman, you thought of Dorik!
Could totally write about how disappointing it was to see such a prominent dwarf disappear! Razz

Also, you should do more Iron Guardian, it was great.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next