Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-Mistmantle propaganda

+17
Silferdrake
Sullee Swiftspeech
Axio
Thondalar Stormleaf
Melnerag
Zouyo
Magaskawee/Anaei
Timna
Skarain
Seranita
Tuomas/Decurius
siegmund
Sharyssa/Adenah
Eodan
Sohan
Aadaria-Ioanna
Braiden
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anti-Mistmantle propaganda Empty Anti-Mistmantle propaganda

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:29 am

The following message can be found on various doors and message boards around Stormwind this morning. It's written in almost childishly simple letters, as if someone tried to make the handwriting unrecognizeable. The message is not signed by anyone.

Count Mistmantle, Saint or unforgiveable sinner?

Count Braiden Arthur Bernard Mistmantle, minister of Justice and High Magistrate to the Kingdom of Stormwind is beyond a doubt one of the most powerful men in the country. His quite numerous personal guard, gold reserves beyond the common man’s wildest imagination, lands in both Elwynn and Redridge, noble titles and the final word in a high number of trials in our Kingdom secures him the power of arms, gold, political power and juridical power. But citizens of Stormwind, it is time we ask ourselves, is this nobleman worthy of all this? Is he a high defender of justice in our kingdom or is our good magistrate an egomaniac on a mission to turn the entire kingdom into his mindless slaves?

These, my friends, are the facts of the matter:
1. Braiden Mistmantle has thus far taken any possibility to increase his titles, the good Count was only a few months ago known as a Baron.
2. In his role as judge, the Count has shown a greater will to imprison, lash or execute political adversaries than to help the people. What has the Count done to apprehend the killer who leaves all the notes with the hand and heart? Not a thing. Simultaneously we know that he would go through savage duels just to remove other nobles who oppose him.
3. The Count has started overtaking the council. The minister of Magic himself is affiliated with the Mistmantle Academy! With the turn-up at most council meetings, the Count has secured himself half of the votes in any given matter, often more.
4. The Count hates the common man. We all know the stories of what happens when a subject to the Count’s house is late with his taxes. This man that suppresses the common folk in the savage way he and his fellow nobles claim they have the birthright to, is the Judge in the trials of common men. This man does not have our best interests at heart.
5. The Count has been known to judge in trials where he himself is one of the parts. That no true Justice ever can be done is such a trial goes without saying, it is a vile atrocity performed in the name of good, and this fact alone should have the Count stripped of all titles.
6. He isn’t even from around here. The Count is descended from the Kingdom of Gilneas, the nation that stood by and watched as the Alliance fought for our lives. Why should we then trust the Count more than the average gilnean refugee? The answer, brothers, is that we shouldn’t.

Those are the facts of this matter. I cannot even stand forth with these concerns in public, in fear of the legal charges this monster of a noble would throw at me; such is the peril we all are in as long as this man still holds power.
But when one man holds such power, what can common folk do?

Brothers, the answer is that the count, despite all his power is one single man. We are LEGION. Standing together we can rebel against this purple-clad abomination. Together we can yell so loudly that our voice cannot be silenced by his brutish tactics. When we stand together, the Stockades cannot hold our numbers, no prison is large enough for the entire population of our glorious home city. The time has come, friends, to rise up against the injustice. In the names of King Varian Wrynn and Stormwind City, we must stand up for our rights, before they are forever lost!

Depose the snake! Long live Stormwind!

Back to top Go down

Anti-Mistmantle propaganda Empty Re: Anti-Mistmantle propaganda

Post by Braiden Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:34 am

Mistmantle soldiers obviously runs around to dispose of as many as possible while telling passer bys to move along.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:55 am

Notices one of the posters, before its ripped down and nods sagely, takes a look around, notices one more poster and rips the one infront of her down. "People are finally beginning to wake up. Its time.. its time to let threats fall, its time to let those entwined in his net fall along with him, if they themselves can not fight against him. The days of looking away, fearing sedition, fearing one man's whims are gone. As they should be. Now we unite them all, unite every single man and woman, rise up against this wicked corrupted soul.. And take him out, if no one puts a bullet in the mans heart or carves it out to eat first.. The Council should all step down from their positions for at all having allowed this.. But alas they are all in his pocket somehow, this I am sure of. " With those words she walks away whisteling on a cheerful tune. As she heads off to ensure the poster she does have is copied. While still whisteling with a pouch of golden coins missing and a new huge pile of posters in her hands she begins the hard task of not just nailing but gluing all the new posters on the various walls around Stormwind, careful and watchful to not be seen by Braiden's men.
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:10 am

Lessi walks by one of the few posters not already taken down, she peers around before she swiftly rips it down and reads it briefly. She folds it and puts it into her satchel.

"Finally...."

Last edited by Helrog on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:11 am

Eodan would pause by one of the posters, eyes trailing over the text.
"Hrm.." would be the only thing escaping him before he'd walk off with greater steps towards the Arathorian Embassy.
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:35 am

Nilda stares at one of the posters, a frown on her face for a good while and then starts to nod to herself.
"I was right...that man is no good at all."

She then proceeds to rip down the paper and fold it into her pocket, continuing her jog around the city with a thoughtfull expression.

"Perhaps I should contact that reporter now..."
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:14 am

Siegmund sits next to a corner, looking at the Soldiers rip the posters down, smiling to himself. "This is fun, maybe i should put some glue on the posters, sit back and relax."

He procedes to a random untouched poster and pours some glue-like material on one of the posters.

"Sometimes you need to create your own entertainment."
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:48 am

Richard peers at the posters during his morning jogging session. "Why haven't I the means of this writer?" mumbles, before checking left and right and taking one of the posters, putting it in his pocket. "Perhaps, soon it'll be over." mumbles again, with a slight grin, and steps forward, continuing the training.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:03 pm

*having come to stormwind to find out thelos's fate Monrena finds one of these posters and mutters angrely.. she tries to take it only to find it glued down, she accidently tares it in two beffor looking around and shuffling away*
"I could have told you all that months ago.. "
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:07 pm

A stranger wearing black stops by the poster, tilting her head to the side and locking her icy blue glowing eyes to it. Slowly a smirk spreads on her dead-pale lips. An amused laugh escapes from her mouth, its sound left echoing in the air even long after the being dissipate to blue flickering energy.

*Duplicates of the posters have begun appearing to notice boards and city walls by themselves, even in places where posters were recently ripped down, much to the annoyance of Mistmantle soldiers*
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:01 pm

Timna flicks through the notes she's gathered from the City - posters and newspapers alike. As she comes across the poster, she simply bursts out laughing heartily.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Next to the remaining posters this one appears, firmly put into place with glue... or perhaps some spell, who knows it's difficult to get off there at any rate.

Anti-Mistmantle propaganda Stormwind_64

Fellow law abiding citizens

Despite stooping to the level of this anonymous anarchist I have taken the time to draft a response to show this person and the general population the flaws of the supposed facts the anonymous writer presents. While my resources are indeed vast the lands in Redridge does in fact belong to my dearest wife, Countess Ophelia Beatrice Foxworth not to mention that my resources generally is returned to the kingdom in one way or another trough varied contributions. Just as my resources contribute to the stability of this kingdom and the war against the horrid orcs, my men adds to the kings own. These ridiculous accusations show how misinformed the mysterious writer in fact is. For clarity I add a response to each supposed fact presented below.

1. Marriage among noble bloodlines is a common practice that in this case lead to the continuation of the Foxworth line aswell as the Mistmantle line. The addition of title has little to do with the matter. I feel nothing but endless love for my Countess just as any common man would for his wife and that is the reason we are wed.
2. Politics has little to do with justice. Do we want anarchy and chaos? Do we aim for a Kingdom where disorder and revolution is enouraged? Tradition, law and order is the foundation of civilization, without them there would be little to separate us from the beasts. Because of the steady and indiscriminate hand of justice our people can walk the streets safely.
3. While Minister Nargrandus is indeed the headmaster of an academy for gifted magi founded by myself this does not influence his stance on council matters, as I'm certain the good minister himself would agree upon. This arrangement was made long before I became a minister. Accusations of myself supposedly overtaking the council is nothing but blatant lies and slander as there are no actual facts supporting this. That being said, would anyone in their right mind think of ministers such as the honorable Geldar Angelos as corrupt "puppets"?
4. Again, the mysterious writer of this twists every action taken. The taxes payed by the common man goes to his majestys army, keeping citizens safe and feeding the poor among other things. Should one really have the right to own land if they refuse to pay the taxes they can? I for one pay more then my share and contribute my personal guardsmen to the kingdom and the war effort because doing anything less would be dishonouring the people of this kingdom and our king. In addition to this I personally have arranged soup kitchens and various charity occasions that has lead to the poor and needing being fed. If these actions is a sign of hatred I must be living in a different reality then our dear mysterious writer.
5. I have sworn an oath to his majesty and this kingdom and if I cannot remain impartial I simply direct the matter elsewhere. There is little more to say about this.
6. I arrived to this country with my father, while he was a Gilnean he pledged loyalty to his Majesty over his own king. Worth to mention is that my dear mother, light bless her soul was of the noble house of Brighthall that is Stormwindian in origin. This means that my lineage is half Stormwindian, not to mention the fact that my father served this country with blood, coin and soul to earn himself a Baronage. I'm a proud man of Stormwind and I intend to continue to be just that for the rest of my days.

I hope this statement is enough to prove how pathetic this false material presented to spur revolution really is. Always remember: at his best, man is the noblest of all beings; separated from law and justice he is the worst.

Justice, Tradition, Prosperity

Count Braiden Arthur Bernard Mistmantle,
Stormwind Minister of Justice.

Anti-Mistmantle propaganda Mistmantle

Last edited by Braiden on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:09 pm

Jonah Dwyburn looks carefully from side to side before scrabbling:
"Lies to pacify you while the Count continues to molest your civil rights"
onto Braiden's poster on the heroes call board in the Trade district. He quickly moves on, leaving both quill and ink in the closest part of the canals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:50 pm

With a red quite bold big writing next to the comment about Geldar Angelos it is written "Why trust a minister who married a witch, practitioner of felmagic, trained in Scholomance itself"..

Next to Braidens writing of justice, anarchy and chaos it is written with the same bold red text "How we love ministers who arrests and unarrestest, verdicts to execute and not execute people on whims. "

Beneath it all it is written with the same red bold text
"How strange is it not, that silent rumors of evidence, suddenly were silenced and people stopped commenting or speaking. When prodded hard all they could say was - I am sorry.. But I can not. "

At the very bottom written in normal black ink:
"Its time to remove the cultist from its throne and send it to the nether."

(( The red and the black text seems to be written by different people. If the statements are true or not, who knows. But the text is there, for all to read))
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:59 pm

(( Just want it to be clear, OOC I'm a big fan of Braibrai, thus the conflict I hope to kick up will be all IC))

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Vezullia Astroloxia peers at the posters, "I believe I said letting nobles onto the council would lead to ruin.." She clip clops don't the street, her fancy new walking stick in tow..
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:13 am

Larxenne looks at both sets of posters and chuckles a little. "Well, this is going to get interesting real fast. Especially if old Braiden gets whoevers sticking these up." she continues to chuckle as she walks off.

-----

Ikuze tilts her head curiously at the posters, taking one of each down and stuffing them in her pouch. "Should probably go over this with the others... I'm not sure how human politics works, but I'm pretty sure that these spell trouble." she then walks back to the Blue Recluse, her hooves clopping on the cobbled streets.
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet
Name: Grek'thar Earthstorm
Title: Crazy orc

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:33 am

Dwyburn wrote:(( Just want it to be clear, OOC I'm a big fan of Braibrai, thus the conflict I hope to kick up will be all IC))
((You know I'm all game for these kind of things, conflict is the fuel I crave))
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:58 am

((Sophyra needs to apply as Minister of Corruption. The -only- minister who takes 'You are corrupt!' as a compliment))
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:13 am

A promising magi from the Mistmantle academy passes by the poster in the trade district. Surprised over how many people carries around quill and ink he quickly points his wand at the poster to remove the additions magically.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:49 am

Skaði stops by one of the posters and peer at it, hazel eyes gliding over the text. She absent minded scratch the head of Hatí and give a sigh.

"None of my business."

She walked on, her wolf trotting after.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Axio Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:41 am

Muffled screams are heard from that strange warehouse deep in the thicket of the forest.
Axio
Axio

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:39 pm

'one of the original posters is smeared with human poo, covering all that was originally visible on the poster.'
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Silferdrake Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:57 am

I am not sure about what's so bad about those six points? Wink
Silferdrake
Silferdrake

Character sheet
Name: Steven Silferdrake
Title: Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:27 am

Silferdrake wrote:I am not sure about what's so bad about those six points? Wink
This one gets it!
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next