Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Anti-Lionmane propaganda continued]

+7
Dorik Thunderbelly
Vincent
Krogon Devilstep
Amaryl
Ralegh
Rmuffn
Sharyssa/Adenah
11 posters

Go down

[Anti-Lionmane propaganda continued] Empty [Anti-Lionmane propaganda continued]

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:02 pm

Within the next print of the paper there's a new post from Geoff "The Bear" of Strom

The truth and nothing but the truth.

My beloved readers and enthousiasts for my written works. Once again I find myself in a position where silence is not the answer. Infact it is required of me to set straight the many lies and false information that have come to your eyes by the words of Adenah Thorgint-Goldheart.

Indeed, noble and honourable words of a woman so young and yet in such position of power. Speaking for the Arathorian people so shamelessly with an opinion moulded to only fit the bloated ego of Lord Trollbane-Lionmane. An Ambassador picked by his own hand surely would not fail to uphold the political facade her job brings regardless of personal opinion.

I do believe it is time for me to cast some very harsh truths upon some matters. Miss Thorgint-Goldheart openly declares my words to be invalid merely because of my exiled status yet this does not mean my information gathered is any less correct than her own. Currently I find myself proud to be exile to such people trying to put themselves onto moral highground.
The Ambassador speaks passionatly about wrongs in the past being of no importance to the present, of course a woman such as herself would do everything she can to make her own past look less staining on her reputation.

I have taken time to investigate and came with such interesting facts regdarding the ambassador herself. No, I am no man to fall to pity gossip and rumours and will only dish out the truth. Nothing but the truth.

Born in the harh enviroment of the Outlands, Hellfire Peninsula Miss Thorgint is born as the daughter of the warrior-berserker Faralan Thorgint. Another man to which many tales can be spun but let's not sidetrack from the matter at hand.
Probably surviving a violent wartorn childhood by hiding by her mother's skirts or in the burrowed dungeons of Honour Hold. How else would a child born in these demon-cursed lands manage to return home as adult alive if not for cowardice? This alone makes me question the sincerity of miss Thorgint's words. Claiming to have fought endlessly on the battlefields of Hellfire with such doubtful credibility to the tale taking into consideration logic and common sense.

Even if my opinion regarding the Ambassador's childhood may be proven false, things surely get even more interesting from here. Upon return to her much beloved homeland -which she defends with a passion befitting to a pyromancer- the young woman found herself drawn to the one and only prince of Arathor. Throran -Calath- Trollbane. Seeing the past of the Thorgint family trying their best to worm into the higher classes of Arathorian society this shouldn't have come as a suprise. Her own uncle Nygarth has sired children with Lord Lionman's daughter Saihna and even Adenah's father had a known brief romance with Anaei Lionmane.

It's pointless to say that neither of such relationships lasted long, born into a family known for moral mishaps not even young Adenah Thorgint failed to uphold their reputation. With little regards to the feelings of the manipulated prince to whom she was engaged to enter a royal status of her own, miss Thorgint found herself simply into the bed of another man. Adultery is already a disgusting act to fall to, yet doing so to a prince makes one think how just the Ambassador's morals indeed may be.

Yet, her streak of unacceptable behaviour does not end here. Breaking her oaths to her “beloved” nation it has spread that – in order to maintain her new fiery romance- the woman then dissobeyed direct command of the former queen Saihna Trollbane and fled the camp located in the middle of a warzone. Treason and desertion.

With wrongs such as these it's quite blatant why the Ambassador would preach to leave them in the past and pretend to stand as a changed person. Claiming her job as an Ambassador and once more closer to the higher powers granted inside the Kingdom. It seems that there is nothing more but a hunger for ambition she chases by all means possible.

Regardless of her charming effort to try and justify the current ongoings up in the North and defend the pompous peacock Seiken Lionmane it's nothing more but a joke once her own dirt and mistakes are out in the open. Talking to his hand to maintain a position she sought to climb up the ranks no-doubt and therefor falling into category already mentioned in my previous statement. Only chasing the goals of her own agenda it appears simply obvious that Miss Thorgint-Goldheart does not want what is best for her own people but what is best for her own position.

Geoffrey 'The Bear' of Strom
Exiled Nobleman of Arathi

Last edited by Sharyssa/Adenah on Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

[Anti-Lionmane propaganda continued] Empty Re: [Anti-Lionmane propaganda continued]

Post by Rmuffn Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:17 pm

((Oh yeah, you know it. We got 'em Trollbanes.

Also. Throran*))
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[Anti-Lionmane propaganda continued] Empty Re: [Anti-Lionmane propaganda continued]

Post by Ralegh Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:43 pm

Agraf nods slowly while reading the piece, he puts the paper down before taking a sip from his mug.
"good girl..."
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:07 pm

(( Should have kept going on the misty beast Very Happy ))

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:10 pm

The following Article is posted in various newspapers in Dalaran, Shattrath, Gilneas, Stromgarde, The exodar, Stormwind and Darnassus specifically in reply to other Articles posted by Adenah Thorgint and Geoff "the Bear" of Strom.

A Heraldic Pantomime

Bears, Lions, Peacocks, Biggots, Opinions, views, Bias, A lord, an Exile... and all of no interest to Most people beyond the borders of the Arathi Highlands. Stromgarde and the Highlands have an ancient system of law, Traditions and Honour. We pride ourselves on our Warriors, our Martial way of life, and hold our loyalty to the grand alliance in High esteem. Many,seemingly Lord Geoff included, view us as nothing more than Barbaric savages with no moral compass or value for principal. I say different.

Stromgarde Is a city where We hold honour in such reverance, that it is considered worse than death to be exiled from our lands never to return. something the good lord Geoff would of known if he infact existed or understood our culture. Our records show clearly that no man has ever existed, or been exiled... and if he was infact sent from our lands in shame, a fate we consider worse than death, It was for heinous crimes and misconduct. His rantings therefore can be seen only as Venomous slurs of anger born of his shame and solitude. Or, he is infact a foreign political body, or Enemy of our Kingdom wishing no more than to cause instability.

So let us peer into your arguments, one step at a time. In your first artical you stated Lord Lionmane to be the 'Self-proclaimed' lion of Strom. The truth is infact rather different, He was named so by his trusted friend and ally, Sir Aarian Northlight. The Master chaplain and founder of the Exhalted and revered disciples of light, after the Battle of Hammerfall six years past.

Second you call him a 'former king'. As records and many offiicials from any state will tell you, He never took the crown. the truth is rather different, His loyalty so strong for Danath as it is, he refused the crown despite the pleading of Arador Dawnweaver.

On your third point you Raise the question of his wisdom and logic when he Led Arathorian forces south to Wage war upon the Gurubashi, stating it to be 'someone elses War'. Again your records must be faulty. The invasion of Stranglethorn came about after Gurubashi raiders attacked a hidden village in Arathi. the trolls having recieved information from the traitor lysle Draknar, proceeded to the Village and cut down, skinned, dismembered and harvested organs from three hundred women and children. My own wife and ten year old son among them. The invasion that followed was of a scale barely comprehendable, many died and the Genocide of the trolls could be considered a foul and Heinous crime. Yet... When was the last time the Gurubashi empire, raided duskwood? when was the last time the Gurubashi waged war beyond their jungle, or infact stepped outside of their hallowed Zul'gurub? So decimated as they was, Lord Lionmane dealt a knock out blow that has spared potentialy thousands from their murderous onslaught.

The matter you raise of him 'playing' Dead is rather intriguing and yet true to a minor extent. A paladan by the name of Edgar the true was warped and corrupted into madness by the Voodoo magic of the trolls, and volunteered in a brief time of sanity to take Lord Lionmanes place. The world would think Seiken lionmane dead, The gurubashi would Relent in their schemes to kill him. Thus sparing the precious little blood of Strom left.

You next raise the Question as to whether or not it was he or his daughter Saihna who rallied the people of Strom back together, mocking the idea of him boasting it an achievement. His lordship has not achieved this, and is often the first to admit it. Our city is in ruins, our people few and scattered. His Daughter Saihna achieved much, But the slope is steep and hard going. Stromgarde can and never will be the same. Lord Lionmane spends his night in our chapel praying to the light and making careful plans of preservation, not conquest.

Then onto the matter of his strategy's and skill as a war leader. Anaei Lionmane is a young woman of Clergy training and diplomatic skill. Her grand-father is a veteran of 40 years of war, and one of the few commanders to of Beaten The Chieftain of the Red blades in the open field. His record is that of a man who is motivated, eager and willing to lead from the front with the Banner of the Alliance in hand... Such as at the Battle of the Eastfields, The Battle of Raynewood, the Stonetalon March, The Defence of honor hold, the Bad lands campaign... i could go on. Yet you refer to late 'great' Senator Irondawn, A dwarf whom commanded the massacre of camp taurajo in the southern barrens two years ago... A defenceless village. And then When the forces of Tribe red blade landed upon the shores of the wetlands vowing revenge, the dwarven army was smashed despite the courage of its dwarves, But Senator Irondawn was nowhere to be seen. Your knowledge of Military History is Laughable, your comparisons illogical.

You then go on to call my people 'fugitives and wildlings'. Comical, from an exile. Your true Intent is now lost to me, Do you wish to change history or mock your own culture? and whats this... more references to Khaz modan? Ironforge? If the previous comments regarding the Irondawns and the use of Ironforges archives wasnt enough, we may have found a hint of this articles potential source.

"a pompous peacock when he really should be on his knees, begging for aid in all forms." An intriguing Phrase. Lord Seiken Lionmane has always been a staunch ally of ironforge, As proven throughout the Covenant war Six years ago. At the height of the war, The combined forces of the gurubashi empire, Tribe red blade and their other allied forces Had marched all the way to the gates of Ironforge where they planned to lay siege to the great bastion of the Bronzebeards. What a shock they got, When riding beside aarian northlight, Burgen copperforge and Maelmoor lightbringer... Came Seiken lionmane and the Shining strand, Riding down the slopes from the great mountain to chase them back to whence they came.

Stromgarde, Lionmane and the Arathorian people are All for Ironforge, as friends, allies and proven comrades in arms. But we are not its slaves. Nor shall we ever be.

In your second artical you move away from making a mess of history, and worshiping clan Irondawn. instead you focus on Slandering Lady Adenah Thorgint-goldheart. An exiled man of Strom who hides behind a false name, Which we have proven to be a venemous guise, Has all the contempt of our kingdom and no Right in our eyes to spurt his lies upon a woman who serves our people loyaly.

You have my contempt sir, the hatred of your people, and non of the honour or Truth to make your claims stick. Should you contemplate raising your cowardly head again, Think twice.

-Magan Athirius Wolfheart, Silver-Raven, True and real Citizen of Stromgarde.

Last edited by Seiken Lionmane on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:10 pm

*Vincent snickers as he reads over the articles.*

"A man that would rise to bait like this so easily...might be useful, however, it would be a shame if they were to get rid of him. Then they might put someone competent in charge...then my neck would be a few inches shorter."
Vincent
Vincent

Character sheet
Name: Vincent "The Vulture" Whitecastle
Title: Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:01 am

*Dorik reads the paper and raises an eyebrow. It is clear by his expression that he has no idea what this is all about and promptly uses said newspaper to light his fireplace. He reaches for his twenty-second mug of Loch Modan Larger that day and mutters something about people setteling things over a pint.*
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Sexton Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:13 am

Seiken Lionmane wrote:The following Article is posted in various newspapers in Dalaran, Shattrath, Gilneas, Stromgarde, The exodar, Stormwind and Darnassus specifically in reply to other Articles posted by Adenah Thorgint and Geoff "the Bear" of Strom.

((Just a point of critique, Gilneas has no active newspaper, and secondly, why would all the newspapers print this? Please specify perhaps on what page and on what priority, for example the propaganda against Lionmane was always posted on the last page because it was very unsavoury, thanks!))
Ron Sexton
Ron Sexton

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:20 am

Ron Sexton wrote:
Seiken Lionmane wrote:The following Article is posted in various newspapers in Dalaran, Shattrath, Gilneas, Stromgarde, The exodar, Stormwind and Darnassus specifically in reply to other Articles posted by Adenah Thorgint and Geoff "the Bear" of Strom.

((Just a point of critique, Gilneas has no active newspaper, and secondly, why would all the newspapers print this? Please specify perhaps on what page and on what priority, for example the propaganda against Lionmane was always posted on the last page because it was very unsavoury, thanks!))

((BEcause when a Lord hands you a pile of gold and a letter, you'll probably publish it. xD))
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Sexton Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:43 am

((It's a tad peculiar that a lord of a fallen kingdom is in possession of hefty amounts of gold. Especially when said lord has no means of acquiring more currency for that matter; he's been waging war for countless years with no income and he still continues to do so, no less. Besides, why would such major capitals risk their reputations due to personal freuds?))
Ron Sexton
Ron Sexton

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:23 am

Ron Sexton wrote:((It's a tad peculiar that a lord of a fallen kingdom is in possession of hefty amounts of gold. Especially when said lord has no means of acquiring more currency for that matter; he's been waging war for countless years with no income and he still continues to do so, no less. Besides, why would such major capitals risk their reputations due to personal freuds?))

((Because its Roleplay and Drama is why we are here. Now, Centre pages And to add to the next part most city's dont have running player made newspapers at present. Also Because he's making gold, and during said wars plundered his way from kalimdor to the vale, nothing says money like melting down a Troll's Golden armour while he's still in it))
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:30 am

((Troll...-golden- armour O_o did you fight the same SGE that I used to be in? xD Tribal tusks, fangs, bones and stuff... with probably quite the crappy plate :p that's the SGE I know! Very Happy)
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:((Troll...-golden- armour O_o did you fight the same SGE that I used to be in? xD Tribal tusks, fangs, bones and stuff... with probably quite the crappy plate :p that's the SGE I know! Very Happy)

((I took a toll on their bling, what can i say?))
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:49 am

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:((Troll...-golden- armour O_o did you fight the same SGE that I used to be in? xD Tribal tusks, fangs, bones and stuff... with probably quite the crappy plate :p that's the SGE I know! Very Happy)

(( Because he tool all the golden armour. Before they had shinies. There is a reason they are called trollbanes. ))
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:52 am

Rasonal Dranger wrote:

(( Because he tool all the golden armour. Before they had shinies. There is a reason they are called trollbanes. ))

(( makes no sense, he's trollbane, not goldbane... really jewbro, think smarter.))
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:30 pm

(( No clue if this is drama related, I very rarely come on here nowdays just to kill some time. But nice read anyhow. Made me remember all the good (and bad/dramatic) times Smile ))
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down