Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day Z - A zombie survival mod!

+13
Chase - Esou
Gogol
Raenmar
Nithel
Humphry
Mikasa
Salketh
Kettin
Velynia
Lavian
Khendran
Lyniath
Vaell
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Day Z - A zombie survival mod! - Page 3 Empty Re: Day Z - A zombie survival mod!

Post by Humphry Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:17 pm

Okay, I may be completely dense here but what's a whitelisting server?
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Day Z - A zombie survival mod! - Page 3 Empty Re: Day Z - A zombie survival mod!

Post by Dréfurion Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:20 pm

Humphry wrote:Okay, I may be completely dense here but what's a whitelisting server?

A server you can only get in/get past a starting "cage" if you're account/gametag/name is on a whitelist.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphry Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:31 pm

Ahhhh, okay. That's rather simple and I do feel like a fool *facepalm*

I'm contemplating getting back into this now since I'm all worked up about the standalone. The server sounds pretty sweet from the quick little look I've given the site. Do you guys have a proper group on there or anything?
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:41 pm

Humphry wrote:Ahhhh, okay. That's rather simple and I do feel like a fool *facepalm*

I'm contemplating getting back into this now since I'm all worked up about the standalone. The server sounds pretty sweet from the quick little look I've given the site. Do you guys have a proper group on there or anything?

Mikasa joined some group that goes around helping players, Nifty and I are still lonewolfing as far as clans are concerned but we've had run ins with friendly clans we might later join. Otherwise we're just traversing the big bad world together.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:45 pm

Whoa. This sounds fun, real fun. But what's the computer requirements?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Dwyburn wrote:Whoa. This sounds fun, real fun. But what's the computer requirements?

It's not that bad. My laptopt can run it on low requirement no problem. Though I prefer to steal Lilath's computer whenever I can.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:09 pm

Hmm.. I should check it out then. This laptop here supposedly is pretty powerful, but I hardly ever play games other than 1000k years old wow on it Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphry Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:08 pm

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

Actually has DayZ listed, not just ArmA 2. If you don't mind low res textures you can simply buy the expansion off Steam and use their free version of ArmA 2 to run it. That's what I've been doing and it's very playable, though I do regret not forking out that extra £10 and getting Combined Ops for the HD textures, but that's just me.

If I get the time to hit this up during the week I may have to give that server a try, looks good.
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:31 pm

Passed like a dream, thanks for the helpful link, Humps!

Now I only need to work out how Steam works and the details of the rest of your post some time when I'm not quite as sleepy as I am now Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphry Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:44 am

Sadly it seems Steam have done away with their "Demo" of ArmA 2 which you used to be able to install and then buy the expansion and play fine just with low res textures and save £10. So it seems you'll have to pick up Combined Operations for £25 (which is you ask me is worth the £10 for the HD textures) and install the Mod. I've always used the Six Launcher to download and install this mod and never had any trouble.
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:12 am

Dwyburn wrote:Hmm.. I should check it out then. This laptop here supposedly is pretty powerful, but I hardly ever play games other than 1000k years old wow on it Razz
Don't worry if you get FPS issues, as we said before, it is due to how in depth the Arma II AI design is. It is still brilliant fun even with these problems. I just can't wait till they fix that, then the game will be flawless.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphry Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:19 pm

Got onto that server this afternoon and after 5 mins of walking through Kamenka I managed to find better loot than I have done with a half hour run through Cherno or Elektro on other servers. Though I have to say, I forgot how on edge those damn ChimpanZ's make me when I'm alone. God damn I hate the noises they make!
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:36 pm

Humphry wrote:Got onto that server this afternoon and after 5 mins of walking through Kamenka I managed to find better loot than I have done with a half hour run through Cherno or Elektro on other servers. Though I have to say, I forgot how on edge those damn ChimpanZ's make me when I'm alone. God damn I hate the noises they make!

What of the servers? We're on RP2 as they share different databases now.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphry Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:40 pm

I was on RP1 this afternoon since it had the most people on. Sadly that character got screwed over. Been so long since I played I broke all the rules while in that little town and got had by the zombies lol
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikasa Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:05 am

Eira wrote:

What of the servers? We're on RP2 as they share different databases now.

I don't think they have seperate hives yet. I've been able to go from one server to another and keep the position I logged out at with the same gear.
Mikasa
Mikasa

Character sheet
Name: Mikasa Angelos
Title: Retlol God

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphry Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:56 pm

Yeah, after a little faffing this week we finally managed to get Kitt's account set up and whitelisted (we couldn't make 2 accounts with the same IP on the site, had to get the admin to do it in the end) and they do still share the same Hive. I jumped onto RP2 with her last night and tonight and my character was the same as my RP1 one. Not run into any people yet but had had better luck with loot drops so far. Nothing amazing as it's just been small town and barn raids while popping into a could of deer stands along the way, but we both have shotguns and pistols (Kitt's wielding an Uzi atm lol). So overall I'm liking the way it's going.
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:37 am

Awesome. I'm still to properly set up since whitelisting got implemented the other week but I should be up to speeds soon enough. Just make sure if we run in that Kitt doesn't shoot me with a damn Uzi.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:55 am

I once killed Humphry for his tin of sardines.

Also I swear this game is bad for my blood pressure. We were clearing this barn when a crouching zombie FLEW THROUGH IT about 15ft off the ground. I'm not sure if I want them to fix the glitches, or keep them in for sheer terror effect.

Also it's much more fun when you set yourself 'objectives'. Ours are currently:
• Make it to the Trading post alive
But also to get the things we need to be survivalists, ie:
• Matches
• Hunting knife
• Hatchet

Going well so far.
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikasa Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:01 pm

Just be carefull when you approach the TP. Some bandits like to run around near it.
Mikasa
Mikasa

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:32 pm

I've managed to find an ATV, NVG & GPS, even a tent... but I still can't find matches! ;__;
Nifty
Nifty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:33 pm

Nifty wrote:I've managed to find an ATV, NVG & GPS, even a tent... but I still can't find matches! ;__;

When I find you, i'm going to do real bad things to you...
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikasa Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:15 pm

All I need right now is a Coyote and a rangefinder. I've got everything else with an SVD and a M16 Acog as weapons. :3
Mikasa
Mikasa

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Me and Drengi are currently flying around in the helicopter looking for stupid people I can take down with the machine gun.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphry Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:56 pm

Nifty wrote:I've managed to find an ATV, NVG & GPS, even a tent... but I still can't find matches! ;__;

Kitt and I found two tents last night. One was near this little ring of benches and an outhouse at the top of a hill, looked like a really cool place for a campsite, but way to obvious. Then, about 5 mins walk east we found one on the side of a hill near a pond. There was a guy in a ghillie suit with what looked like an M107 alone the road near it. We were just working out if we should try and rush the guy and hold him up at gunpoint, or raid his tent while he was distracted and then vanish before he spotted us when the servers went down. I'm figuring if he had those goodies on him, he'll have a tasty stash in his tent for us to nab when we log in next time.

But yeah, matches in this game in general seem pretty rare to find, I've only every found 3 boxes in my entire time playing.
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:52 pm

I randomly started bleeding and fell unconcious when walking (upright) through a door to a firestation, lost my NVG and GPS :'(

But 5 minutes after spawn I found matches! Yeah, totally worth it! \o/
Nifty
Nifty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next