Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] A Bedouin's Guide to the Azeroth (Horde aid would be appreciated too)

+8
Samian/Bismack
Sullee Swiftspeech
Kettin
Lorainne/Bridlington
Kristeas Sunbinder
Gesh
Magaskawee/Anaei
Rhavz'amul
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A] A Bedouin's Guide to the Azeroth (Horde aid would be appreciated too) Empty [A] A Bedouin's Guide to the Azeroth (Horde aid would be appreciated too)

Post by Rhavz'amul Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm

OOC info:

Have you ever watched the movie "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" or read the book ?
Well it's my favourite one, and i was thinking of a new RP idea. A book that writes about everything in Azeroth, written by a bunch of adventurer editors. Sounds good ? Well i need some editors to make that happen. I don't care if you're a Death Knight, Necromancer or a Thug, if you have a good sense of humour and information about anything, you're the man.

Volume 1 will be about the cities, where to stay, where's safe/where's dangerous etc etc.
Volume 2 will be about the Eastern Kingdoms, followed by the Volume 3, Kalimdor and the list goes on and on.

Interested ?

Editors so far
Biterius
Anaei/Vezullia
Lorainne
Vec
Larnira
Flumi
Sullee Swiftspeech
Vaell
Domovoi
Melnerag

Last edited by Biterius on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 7 times in total
Rhavz'amul
Rhavz'amul

Back to top Go down

[A] A Bedouin's Guide to the Azeroth (Horde aid would be appreciated too) Empty Re: [A] A Bedouin's Guide to the Azeroth (Horde aid would be appreciated too)

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Douglas Adams is one of my heroes. I would -love- to aid you in this!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

[A] A Bedouin's Guide to the Azeroth (Horde aid would be appreciated too) Empty Re: [A] A Bedouin's Guide to the Azeroth (Horde aid would be appreciated too)

Post by Gesh Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Happy to offer advice and fluff about Lordaeron and all the colourful aspects of Forsaken society.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhavz'amul Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:12 pm

Brilliant, tell me what do you want to write about and i'll add you as editors
Rhavz'amul
Rhavz'amul

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Well I can write about Arathor expertly! But I can pretty much research and write anything ye' need!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhavz'amul Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Y'know what, i won't add the expertise, so much confusion. Welcome aboard

Last edited by Biterius on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rhavz'amul
Rhavz'amul

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:40 pm

Old (Blood) High Elf tip for adventurers without any combat skills: bring a hydraulic phase shift emulator that you can attach to a transdimensional photon particle emitter.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhavz'amul Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:48 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:Old (Blood) High Elf tip for adventurers without any combat skills: bring a hydraulic phase shift emulator that you can attach to a transdimensional photon particle emitter.
Useless if you don't make any explosion, technology means explosion.
Rhavz'amul
Rhavz'amul

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:59 pm

I'd happily be an editor/writer.. y'know for zombie stuff.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Gilnean and night elven culture and history!
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhavz'amul Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:10 pm

Woot woot ! Adding you two
Rhavz'amul
Rhavz'amul

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:04 am

Would be nice to get some artists doing some drawings for this as well. Sounds like a great idea, might have to add some info.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:36 am

Biterius wrote:
Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:Old (Blood) High Elf tip for adventurers without any combat skills: bring a hydraulic phase shift emulator that you can attach to a transdimensional photon particle emitter.

Silly human, it's how you build advanced fortifications.

Or in the words of Master Suncloud of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union:"Bam! New tower."
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhavz'amul Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:56 am

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:
Biterius wrote:

Silly human, it's how you build advanced fortifications.

Or in the words of Master Suncloud of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union:"Bam! New tower."

Or in the words of goblin engineers: "Press the red butto-..*EXPLOSIOAAN*"
Rhavz'amul
Rhavz'amul

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhavz'amul Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Flumi wrote:Would be nice to get some artists doing some drawings for this as well. Sounds like a great idea, might have to add some info.

Actually i'm trying some stuff on Adobe Illustrator but it seems hopeless.. We need artists, aye. Good point

And one more thing, how do we transfer and translate it to the horde side, that's the issue
Rhavz'amul
Rhavz'amul

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:32 pm

I can do some 3D creations for it, just let me know what you need. Be a nice fun little project. How do you mean translate?
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhavz'amul Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Well it's written in common ICly, we need to translate it to the ZUG ZUG
(I didn't decide the artwork concept yet, if you have an idea go ahead !)
Rhavz'amul
Rhavz'amul

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Will try and make some little bits and bobs tonight if I get time. Just hire a elf to translate Razz
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhavz'amul Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Cool ^^ want me to add you as an editor ?
Rhavz'amul
Rhavz'amul

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Sure why not.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:44 pm

*Raises hand* I'm up for it, though I am unsure how Sullee would ICly get involved in writing such a thing. I -do- want to write it from his perspective though.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhavz'amul Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Sure mate, what about the cartel stuff -from Sullee's eyes- ?
Rhavz'amul
Rhavz'amul

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:29 pm

Right! Just an update.. How specific do you want to go regarding places? For example Stromgarde, should I include interesting sights? Notable people? Where's the best bacon sandwich?
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:59 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:Where's the best bacon sandwich?
Yesyesyesyesyes! Crucial information!

Also this is a really cool initiative, if only I was more convinced in my writing in my 2nd language I'm very much looking forward to the result though!
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhavz'amul Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:11 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:Right! Just an update.. How specific do you want to go regarding places? For example Stromgarde, should I include interesting sights? Notable people? Where's the best bacon sandwich?

You've read the book i guess, so you know that there's no boring stuff in it. I mean if you're a "Bedouin" (The real meaning is "homeless arabs, travelling with a camel") you wouldn't want to learn the places history, the thing we're focusing on is "how you can survive whilst having fun". So yes, the best beacon sandwich it is.

Samian wrote:
Anaei/Vezullia wrote:Where's the best bacon sandwich?
Yesyesyesyesyes! Crucial information!

Also this is a really cool initiative, if only I was more convinced in my writing in my 2nd language I'm very much looking forward to the result though!

Well english is my third language, i'm not insisting but you can try and write some stuff. It's all about fun, we're not your grammar teacher Razz
Rhavz'amul
Rhavz'amul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next