Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(A) Council of the North

+35
Vaell
Drustai
Raenmar
Zhakiri
siegmund
Skarain
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Hermie
Jeanpierre
Mozrogg Doomhowl
Martok
Allonia_Miral
Gogol
Magaskawee/Anaei
Velspeth
Rasonal Dranger
Spyre
Khendran
Demoren
Thrakha
Krogon Devilstep
Cid
Arkil
Catari
Morgaan
Lorainne/Bridlington
Eloresh
Rmuffn
Amaryl
Ixirar
Theo
Althaløs
Lexgrad
Gilran
Celadazar
39 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

(A) Council of the North - Page 6 Empty Re: (A) Council of the North

Post by Thelos Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Torradan Goodwyn wrote:
As we as that, because Ratchet is mostly used by Horde players does NOT make it any bit more lenient to the Horde, it is still neutral, and as long as that is what the lore said's it to be, no amount of horde role-players will change that. The exact same can be said for Hearthglen.

In theory, sure, but that's just not how it works in practise. You can put up a frowny face and point at lore all day long but at the end of the day the actual presence of players will always be the deciding factor.

Not trying to tell you what to do and not to do, mind you, I just wanted to tell a little cautionary tale about how difficult it is to role-play a neutral party and how to safeguard its neutrality when you as a player are always forced to select a faction in the character creation screen.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:10 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:Mad as it may sound, I agree with Torraden.

If I was an argent commander and you came running back to Hearthglen after losing a battle to the Horde... I'd shut and bar the gates to you. Same to the Horde.

Hmm, I would say sheltering harmed troops isnt a prob, I could see the Argents taking in troops who lost a battle then telling both sides off for fighting. The big problem is using Argent land to plan war on the Horde which is completely a no no really. Like as Thelos says, if there was a true neutral presense at hearthglen then it could lead to RP but without it we have to concider the likely opinions of the faction. In the case of the AC I cant see Tirion being OK with Alliance soldiers using it as a base of operations for war on the horde, if it was happening in lore you cant see Sylvanas or Garrosh being cool with it either, there would be pressure and political moves that as RPers we cant really go into.

If you are deeply secret about your motives then cool i suppose.

Gogols suggestion has merit, use it as "random northern fortress".

Other wise there are better places.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:14 pm

If we see any people use hearthglen for plans against the horde, we'll let you know. If we see any soldiers who lost and fled to hearthglen, we'll let you know. Make a new thread about Hearthglen if you wish! Your going on about this, and yet you have absolutely no idea what has happened IC.
Theo
Theo

Character sheet
Name: Theodric Lightsoul
Title: Lord/Marshal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:17 pm

Paozi wrote:
Torradan Goodwyn wrote:
As we as that, because Ratchet is mostly used by Horde players does NOT make it any bit more lenient to the Horde, it is still neutral, and as long as that is what the lore said's it to be, no amount of horde role-players will change that. The exact same can be said for Hearthglen.

In theory, sure, but that's just not how it works in practise. You can put up a frowny face and point at lore all day long but at the end of the day the actual presence of players will always be the deciding factor.

Not trying to tell you what to do and not to do, mind you, I just wanted to tell a little cautionary tale about how difficult it is to role-play a neutral party and how to safeguard its neutrality when you as a player are always forced to select a faction in the character creation screen.

I do kinda agree Thelos, but the trouble is... lets say there is a 30 player strong Argent force, in RP terms a huge force. And they decided to kill the forsaken as they were a new scourge. RP wise thats completely fine, but we cant get lost that 30 Argent Crusaders wanting the Forsaken dead means that the AC agree, or that Tirion advocates this. Which is why some places are better not to tread and one eye needs to be on what the factions goals are.

On the other hand saying all AC are this or that is also wrong, if RPers want to play a fringe of any Faction that too should not be a problem either, but again we cant control Tirion or point to Lore that completely matches our case... so in the AC fighting forsaken situation then if it was my guild I would RP that they were kicked out of the AC for their actions.

It is about sometimes punishing ourselves if we make bold steps and not forcing RP to go to places where we need a faction leaders RP.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:49 pm

I do agree that, if we were to be attacking the Horde from Hearthglen, we'd have a lot of political lore problems that we couldn't RP. But we aren't using Hearthglen as a base against the Horde. The war in the North is focused on the scourge right now, and TLA/TGC/AC haven't said a word against the Horde. In fact, we discussed last night/some stupid early time this morning whether or not to ask the Horde for help against some cultists.

As for falling back to Hearthglen after losing a fight: I'd expect the Argent Crusade would let the Alliance and the Horde in, kick their asses, and send them back out.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:42 pm

Ledgic Caan wrote:Where Stromgarde is concerned, I believe a portion of the guild have returned and are currently based there. This happened during the two weeks I was away recently, however, so I'm not absolutely certain.

I assume there was no Arathorian presence at the last meeting, so, if the officers of the guild are still not really around by the time the next rolls round, I'll take my character along.

Yeah that would be great! I looked around and had a chat with Eodan and he wasn't too sure either, and i havn't heard anything about what happened to the actual place itself, so i just left it alone all together, but yeah some showing from that area would be awesome Very Happy
Theo
Theo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:56 pm

Not a problem, I'll jump in if the officers are still away with the fairies!
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Theo wrote:
Ledgic Caan wrote:Where Stromgarde is concerned, I believe a portion of the guild have returned and are currently based there. This happened during the two weeks I was away recently, however, so I'm not absolutely certain.

I assume there was no Arathorian presence at the last meeting, so, if the officers of the guild are still not really around by the time the next rolls round, I'll take my character along.

Yeah that would be great! I looked around and had a chat with Eodan and he wasn't too sure either, and i havn't heard anything about what happened to the actual place itself, so i just left it alone all together, but yeah some showing from that area would be awesome Very Happy

Knowin' most of the officers to busy, I had planned to go to help out. But fridays really aren't my thing, as I'm often obliged irl then. So I couldn't make it!
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:15 pm

If you wish my Ebon can always pop up to check the north.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Happening this friday, so far got Lordaeron Alliance, greyford company, the three hammers and argent representitives.
Theo
Theo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:00 pm

This will continue from the 4th of january, had great interest last time, with the Arathorians coming up, and can hopefully create some campaigns and such in the new year, possibly RP-PvP, if forsaken rp pick's up.
Theo
Theo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:38 pm

Bump! Quite intresting conversation about the war effort this time.
Next council will be on the 15th of February, 8:00PM-ish!
Buren
Buren

Character sheet
Name: Buren Agamand
Title: Captain of the Crusade

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:00 am

Bump! There is another one today if anyone is nearaby and intrested in attending our (less Very Happy ) wonderful council!
Buren
Buren

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Odgan / Keag Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:20 pm

How late will this be? 20:00?
Odgan / Keag
Odgan / Keag

Character sheet
Name: Ildranor Strongbrew
Title: Mountaineer-Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Indeed, 20:00 / 8:00 PM should be the time unless some unexpected gankers show up!
Buren
Buren

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6