Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aislinghall Masquerade Ball (March 3)

+21
Lorainne/Bridlington
Skarain
Broncrast
Feydor
Seranita
Rhaenna Galenos
Remai D'Waltir
erwtenpeller
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Timna
Velspeth
Yarnaat
Thelos
Xen-tau
Lexgrad
Nevarda
Ledgic
Rmuffn
Drustai
Braiden
Valerias
25 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Aislinghall Masquerade Ball (March 3) Empty The Aislinghall Masquerade Ball (March 3)

Post by Valerias Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:14 pm

The Aislinghall house, formerly of Lordaeron and currently of Stormwind, presents an opportunity for social mingling
within an atmosphere of enjoyment, in....

The Aislinghall Masquerade Ball

The Aislinghall Masquerade Ball (March 3) The_ball_by_hechicerarip-d4cioem

Prominent citizens of Stormwind, including those in the House of Nobles, the Church, the Council, and even foreign dignitaries, receive a small card across which arcane letters elegantly unfold to read:

'The house of Aislinghall invites you to be present at a ball in honour of the approaching season of spring. The event is to take place at seven bells past noon in the violet city. Masquerade costumes are encouraged but not required. Magical transportation will be provided in the event it is needed.'

==

While the noble mage family of Aislinghall is much reduced from the station it enjoyed in the city of Andorhal, Lord Gerard, the head of the house, holds a valued position within the Kirin Tor and wishes to maintain the dignity that his house has long enjoyed.

In this tradition, Lord Aislinghall has chosen to give a ball for the notables of Stormwind and beyond. Though the family's situation in Stormwind may be modest, in the city of Dalaran, the assembly hall procured has been decorated attractively and no detail has gone unattended. To be held by the daughters of the family - the capable (if precocious) Lady Aestra, and the pretty (if awkward) Lady Sylvera - this masquerade is intended to be a gathering of the prominent, from the magical community to the Church, from the nobility to the otherwise wealthy.

It is an event not to be missed.

==

OOC:

After the success of the House of Nobles charity event recently, I find myself wishing for more posh events! That and... it has been a long time since the Aislinghall family held an event (gee, the garden party must have been... two years ago?). We hope to provide an evening of fun!

This will be starting at 19:00 in A Hero's Welcome, the alliance tavern in Dalaran, on Saturday, March 3.

There will be dancing, music, food, drink, and conversation. The masquerade part is a bit tricky with in game items but be creative... feel free to use GHI for masks, costume yourselves otherwise than masks, or just wear a fancy-looking RP outfit. Creativity is good, don't worry about the mask part too much.

Who can come, you might ask? If your character is prominent in any way - rich, for example, or noble, that's obvious. Foreign dignitaries are also welcome - ambassadors, religious leaders, and the like. People involved with the magical community are certainly welcome, since the event is in Dalaran and the Aislinghalls only real claim to fame is their magical talent. All I'd ask is that the people who do come have some sort of reason for being there, since it is supposed to be a 'fancy' event - even if it's that they decided to dress up and pretend to be posh Wink

Servers, bartenders, dancers, cooks, and musicians are needed. If you fancy coming in one of these guises, that would be amazing. Just drop me a PM or whisper, please.

Questions? Poke Aestra or me in-game or post in the thread here. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Last edited by Annie on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

The Aislinghall Masquerade Ball (March 3) Empty Re: The Aislinghall Masquerade Ball (March 3)

Post by Braiden Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:22 pm

Damnation, a saturday... I'll have to pass this one. Good luck tough.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

The Aislinghall Masquerade Ball (March 3) Empty Re: The Aislinghall Masquerade Ball (March 3)

Post by Drustai Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:24 pm

This conflicts with the pilgramage event.. don't suppose it could be changed to another date? Like, say, a weekday? Then Braiden could come as well!

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:27 pm

Sadly it can't be on a weekday or Aestra can't be there >> Buuut I could move the weekend. I'll speak to her and get back to y'all.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:33 pm

Righto, date changed. Sorry Braiden - I know the event won't be as excellent without the city's top noble :'(
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:39 pm

I'm very disappointed... I'll throw a bigger and better party and crush yours! *runs away crying*
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Foreign, eh? Very Happy
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:46 pm

Braiden wrote:I'm very disappointed... I'll throw a bigger and better party and crush yours! *runs away crying*

Crumb... I'm in for it now o_o

Faralan wrote:Foreign, eh? Very Happy

And yes, even Arathorians... provided they behave.... if that's possible.... *smirk*
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:12 pm

I shall be there, and, much like the garden party, constantly being told to not flirt with Sylvera.

Well, probably.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nevarda Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:17 am

Maybe a little TOO excited about this, dress is ready, hair is ready... forcing Major Samian on Nevarda's arm. What is she like!? *runs off like a crazy woman*
Nevarda
Nevarda

Character sheet
Name: Nevarda Marianna
Title: Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:41 am

I will try my best to put get a baby sitter for the DKs and get the fat man out for your general amusment Very Happy All night this time too.

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:20 pm

Urgh, the title made me look! What is it with the name Ais(h)ling!
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Apperantly, Thelos is a prominent member of society now.

I'll try to make it, if only because I relish the opportunity of being out of place. I love playing the jolly obscufate tourist.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:43 pm

Shame on you Thelos.
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Velspeth Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:09 am

Velspeth is excited for this.
Velspeth
Velspeth

Character sheet
Name: Lady Velspeth Wollerton
Title: Diplomat, Priestess Cleric, Magistrate

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:30 am

Aishling wrote:Urgh, the title made me look! What is it with the name Ais(h)ling!

I know! And the name came about before I even knew you or Aislin existed. Apparently it's just cool(?)

Looking forward to seeing a good variety of people and IC meeting lots of new ones ^^
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Definitely going to be there, with two of my friends coming along with Timna. cheers

Timna dancing though.. Mad
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:36 am

How does a character gain entry?
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:57 am

CLASH CLASH CLASH CLASH
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:26 am

Delidah wrote:CLASH CLASH CLASH CLASH

If you're talking about it clashing with the dig, this was posted first. And the date was already changed due to clashing with the pilgrimage stuff.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:34 am

Oh- wait, nevermind then. I looked at the blades agenda date, not the date here on the forum...
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Helmfrid wrote:How does a character gain entry?

Just show up. ICly there are invitations, but a) considering that the Aislinghalls are eager to meet a variety of people, and b) I want people to be able to come to the event if they want to, you'd only be asked to leave if you are overly scruffy or peasant-like Razz
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:11 pm

This is next Saturday, one week from today. Mark your calendars!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Remai D'Waltir Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Torn between Rem and Rufias!
Remai D'Waltir
Remai D'Waltir

Character sheet
Name: Remai D'Waltir
Title: Knight Champion of House Beaumont

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhaenna Galenos Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:38 am

Brilliant! Very Happy Looking forward to seeing you all next weekend!
Rhaenna Galenos
Rhaenna Galenos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next