Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H-RP] Banner of the Bloodhoof - Tauren Guild

+34
Braiden
Shaelyssa
Kharzac "Plaguehoof"
Gesh
Thygore
Demoren
Solhoof
Allonia_Miral
Magaskawee/Anaei
Dreaker
dellore
Ralegh
Sadok
Sharyssa/Adenah
Salketh
Destiny
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Ren Winter
Ara
Kettin
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Osuun
Naomi
Groshnakk
Morinth
Bradley
Evesia
Lexgrad
Nessra Sunwhisper
Rmuffn
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
itsy
Sonitus
38 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[H-RP] Banner of the Bloodhoof - Tauren Guild Empty [H-RP] Banner of the Bloodhoof - Tauren Guild

Post by Sonitus Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:36 pm

(Decided to update this thread rather than make another!)

The winds swept over the mesas, howling in the valleys below like a feral choir.
A group of Shu’halo strode confidently through the lush grasses, speaking to one another in hushed and excited tones, heading for rocks stained red as the banners and totems which they carried. The plains before them now tarnished golden by the setting sun.

Upon the rocks stood two Shu’halo; a wizened elder crone, though her face was covered by a wolf mask her years were betrayed by the arch in her back and the gnarled nature of her hands, now clasped tightly around an elaborate headpiece. At her side, a male dressed in ceremonial garb, his body tall and lean, but his expression tensed with anxiety.
Sonitus sighed heavily, his breath ripped away no sooner had it left his mouth. The spring winds were strong this evening, it would be difficult to sleep. In light of the ceremony that was about to take place however, the noise may at least serve as a distraction to the daunting road before him.

Sparing one final look down along the path toward thier position on the red rocks, he stepped back and scraped a hoof along the ground with a frown. “Great Bull”, spoke the wizened crone, “Do not doubt that which is to come. The Elders have seen you fit for initiation. There is reason for all things... still your thoughts and show your people the resolve they have come to expect from you.” The young male rounded slowly on the elderly Shu’halo, braids whipping back and forth in the wind and his eyes alight with doubt, “How can I be sure Spirit Walker? That Her very eyes themselves will watch me as the mantle is rested upon my shoulders... am I truly to carry the hopes and strength of those below us? What if I fail?”

The group drew closer still as the Spirit Walkers words cut through the howling air like an arrow, “Faith, Wildmane. Trust to our people. We will draw strength from Her will. Do you not see? She looks upon us with pride.” The crone turned her eyes from the setting sun to the rising moon on the horizon.

The young male shook his mane gently, grunting doubtfully. Numerous totems and trinkets were dotted about the sacred grounds, drawings of the Great hunt and of tales of the ancestors stood out upon the stone walls, a tapestry to Shu’halo, from birth till death. The rocks themselves smoothed by many seasons with the elements. Hooves clattered over the stone as voices rose with the wind, heralded the coming of the tribe. Soon to be his people.

Sonitus breathed in deeply, holding the one breath; and shook his mane, his demeanour changed in an instant. A mask of serenity crossed his features, what he did, was not for himself, but for his people. His mind was at peace. He was ready to receive the mantle of a Tauren Chieftain.

(OOC)
Guild history:
Our old recruitment thread: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2986309376
Well it’s come high time to put out a fresh new guild post for the Banner. This has been a while coming and we’re finally in a position IC and OOC to act upon it.
We were originally Rite of the Earth Mother, under Peacemoon. We then became the Banner of the Bloodhoof, led by Kurn of the mighty Ragetotem! But after a period of stillness the Banner merged with the newly created guild, The Golden Plains, led by myself. After the merge I assumed command near the start of the year... and here we are now, once more ready to continue the legacy started from the opening of the server!

What we are:
We are the Banner of the Bloodhoof, a collection of Tauren from all across the Tribes under one Banner, that seek to represent the Tauren community and forward Tauren role play on Defias Brotherhood. In terms of the Lore of the guild, we are not the “Bloodhoof tribe”, but a tribe of Tauren under the banner of the Bloodhoof, adhering to the philosophy of Tauren united and strong.

What our goal is:
The goal of the Banner is to bring together as many Tauren role players as possible and to reflect the entirety of Tauren society, akin to the many great racial guilds of the server. We strive to stand among them in terms of what makes the server great. As a guild we develop together and we give those who wish to role play traditional Tauren a chance to develop their characters.

Guild rules:
-Tolerant, friendly and open manner to all guild members and the Defias community as a whole (including Alliance and OOC’ers). Keep in mind what others will say and be sure to think about responses before you post them.
-We are an RP-PvP guild, if your guild members are being ganked we expect you to come to their aid if you are able. However, this applies to being truly free, being busy in RP or any OOC activity (aside flying in circles over Orgrimmar) is an acceptable reason not to take part.
-Remember to keep out of character behaviour and in character separate. It’s best to remember people may not always share the views and attitudes of their characters.
-No lolling or corpse camping. We would like to show some honour OOC in the respect of PvP on this server.
-Appropriate gearing IC for Tauren or any sort of wear that looks as though your character could have made it themselves. If you need help coming up with a creative or fitting set IC, don’t be shy to ask in guild chat for recommendations or suggest preferences. OOC gear however is entirely up to you!
-If you have suggestions of complaints feel free to speak to myself or the officer team. We want to create a guild environment IC and OOC that will be best for everyone within the Banner. We won’t know something is wrong unless you speak up!
- Guild ranks are attained through IC means (Contribution to random RP and events), though OOC conduct is a much appreciated factor.

Guild Ranks:
Wanderer: Opening rank, new members will be welcomed into the Banner and will familiarise themselves with the guild.

Path Finder: Secondary rank, new members will advance to this rank after a few days of activity IC and OOC, this is just a rank to say, “I am a Part of this group”.

Ritesworn: Members who have taken their initiation ceremony and can also be known under the IC name of Mystic, Defender and Plainswalker.

Tribesman: A fully fledged member of the tribe, they have partaken in the sacred rites. They may also be known as, Stalker, Bull or Disciple.

Bloodsworn: Those who have proved themselves to the tribe and are willing to die for its cause. They can also be known as Seer, Brave, Beast Master.

Honour Guard (Officer): Those chosen by the Chieftain as his personal guard and defenders of the tribe at large, from internal and external threat.

Councillor (Officer): Those chosen by the Chieftain for their knowledge and experience, advising the Chieftain and the tribe in many different matters, both foreign and domestic.

Chieftain (Guild Leader): The guiding hand and will of the tribe, interacting with and leading the tribe at home or away.

More information:
We are more than happy to take new roleplayers and alt characters, we aim to maintain a friendly and helpful environment for all who seek it.
We’ve also taken into OOC activities in our spare time, such as guild arenas, battlegrounds and more recently, raiding (both old school and current).
We want to encourage a dynamic and engaging environment. Don’t be afraid to create stories IC, or attempt to contribute to an ongoing story. The calendar is open for use so long as another event is not scheduled. Feel free to contact myself or the officer team regarding putting up your own events.
Application to the Banner is based around an OOC interview, following which will be an IC meeting to join the Banner... as let’s be fair, any old levelling guild can just invite you OOC. We like to try and make it a little more one-to-one. If however you cannot contact us in game, send us a note on our guild website (or a request in game) and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!

For more information see our guild website: http://bannerofthebloodhoof.enjin.com/home

Last edited by Sonitus on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:57 am; edited 5 times in total
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[H-RP] Banner of the Bloodhoof - Tauren Guild Empty Re: [H-RP] Banner of the Bloodhoof - Tauren Guild

Post by itsy Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:09 am

Good luck with the guild! God knows Horde needs RP Smile

As to the Sun worship, from what I can gather it's not a separate faith from Druidism but merely another aspect of it, worshipping the Sun along with the Moon.
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

[H-RP] Banner of the Bloodhoof - Tauren Guild Empty Re: [H-RP] Banner of the Bloodhoof - Tauren Guild

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:16 am

Good luck. Tried with Shu'halo Mesa Circle but couldn't commit at the time.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonitus Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:21 am

Jezvina wrote:not a separate faith from Druidism but merely another aspect of it, worshipping the Sun along with the Moon.
True actually... though I suppose there are still those that may follow one patron celestial body over the other.

Helmfrid wrote:Good luck. Tried with Shu'halo Mesa Circle but couldn't commit at the time.
Well, why not throw an alt over sometime...?
Obviously small currently but, we'll grow.
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:35 am

Super approved, dear Mortior!

My tauren is always open for use, if you'd need him! Even tho he'll stay with the Corsairs.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:36 am

I'll faction change my nelf druid soon(ish).

Can't promise I'll be active with tons of other RP toons on the side, but I'll moo by every now and then.
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonitus Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:40 am

Faralan wrote:Super approved, dear Mortior!

My tauren is always open for use, if you'd need him! Even tho he'll stay with the Corsairs.

Excellent! *Guitar riff*

I dont neccessarily want to pinch Tauren from other guilds, hardly breeds diversity does it?
If anything I'd like to see about giving them a place, or hub if you will, sad are the evenings when you see a Tauren sat AFK in the Wayfarer.

To such an end, I believe the old Tauren Chat channels may still be open (/join Taurenrp), for anyone not neccessarily interested in joining, but still wanting to keep in touch and have a place meet other Tauren!

Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:47 am

Good luck buddy. The main thing to rembember as GM is to try and keep the RP flowing at all times. Get all your guildies jobs to do. Try to get the New shy RPers RPing and enclude them, not every one can make their own RP at first. Also try to keep your guild in its hub apart from guild outtings. That way Randoms know if they come to your zone you will be about.

Hope to be slaying some Cows soon! Twisted Evil Beefy souls are nom!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evesia Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:23 am

I've been wanting to roll a Tauren for RP for a while now but I have wondered if there was much happening within that community as I honestly don't know. Tauren are one of the few races I haven't RPed and I'd love to try.

Good luck with this and hope to see you soon!
Evesia
Evesia

Character sheet
Name: Evesia Moonflame
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:37 pm

A fine guild ran by a good tauren roleplayer, indeed. I hope this guild work's out!
Bradley
Bradley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:51 pm

Kumehra will pop by every so often with what she's learned of the Sunwalker path as promised! And with gifts from her travels! Very Happy
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:24 pm

I'm split between a Tauren Death Knight seeking his place amongst the people he used to call his family or a young Tauren going through the Rites of becoming a Shaman.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonitus Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Ooh...
Interesting, I won't lie while it may be ICly abhorrent, it would be a fascinating opportunity to develop on a facet of Tauren RP I feel may have been overlooked (DK).

However, how can anyone go wrong with good ol' Shaman, and at least there's a general consensus on styles and actions.

I'm going to be on all of tonight!
Should you decide to come home, throw me a whisp, let's talk...

Last edited by Mortior/Sonitus on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Oohh, a DK... My Sunwalker would have some fun with that Razz She'd probably mother him though, despite her being young. XD She wants to help EVERYONE. Even if it's a dead coo.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:09 pm

Helmfrid wrote:I'm split between a Tauren Death Knight seeking his place amongst the people he used to call his family or a young Tauren going through the Rites of becoming a Shaman.

Do DK! We can Link up some time.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonitus Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:19 pm

Lexgrad wrote: Do DK! We can Link up some time.

Actually...
An additional idea of mine will be to try and open channels and maintain social links with other guilds. For example with the current addition of Druids to the Darkspear trolls, I've been using it as IC reasoning to create RP with The Darkspear Tribe. I have my hopes for outsourcing Shaman and Warriors to the OORB as a way to rekindle some of the other Horde links, and yes... The undead (Should we get any DK's <3).

I'd like to try and find common ground with the other races to make some RP between the Horde affiliated guilds, especially if it's as easy as learning a different way to shoot somthing.

Added: Additionally, if I could get a hold of a certain Night Elf guild (Natures Grasp)... and say, create a temporary little Druid hub for RP in Moonglade at different times, followed by a bit o' cross faction RP, it would be quite interesting... though logistics would have to be worked out if said arrangment could come to pass, nearer the time
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:06 pm

I'll go DK for something a little bit more 'fresh' than the average tauren stereotypes (not that they're not good stereotypes!) Sunwalker and Deathknight roleplay could be quite interesting. A Tauren Deathknight I'd imagine would rile many Tauren up given their whole outlook on life and death. Some may even try and kill him! D: Look forward to it seeing how others would react and having the challenge of finding his place within Tauren society.

His name is Ashuan, added you Sonitus.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:25 pm

Helmfrid wrote:I'll go DK for something a little bit more 'fresh' than the average tauren stereotypes (not that they're not good stereotypes!) Sunwalker and Deathknight roleplay could be quite interesting. A Tauren Deathknight I'd imagine would rile many Tauren up given their whole outlook on life and death. Some may even try and kill him! D: Look forward to it seeing how others would react and having the challenge of finding his place within Tauren society.

His name is Ashuan, added you Sonitus.

Yay! Beefy death!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:26 pm

I'd like to have some cross-faction roleplay with the Ebon Shroud too Lex. That'd be ace. Hearthstone in Thunderbluff (Once he is socially accepted) and deathgate to Archerus. I wonder what his Tauren brethren would make of him meeting with Alliance and other Death Knights to boot!
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonitus Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:02 pm

An INTERESTING night, to say the least, met the ever pleasurable Ashuan, called him an abomination and got a stomach upset after a very fun RP fight.

Went back home and made some nice RP from the aftermath of fighting Ashuan.

[H-RP] Banner of the Bloodhoof - Tauren Guild Recove10

Met another one of the wonderful Corsair's Tauren, and also an interested player!

[H-RP] Banner of the Bloodhoof - Tauren Guild Campin10

After someone intelligently pointed out that Sonitus' sickness might be contagious and that the others may have it, a trip off the Bluff was organised to minimise exposure. Also met some other Tauren along the way.
We also spoke on the nature of DK's to the Tauren people, and I was surprised to see it is indeed not all rainbows and love one another.

I'd like to point out that we here in The Golden Plains make sure our beef is 100% clean of diseases and bacteria, so you at home might have a pleasent-- Ah who am I kidding, let's stop milking the cow jokes.

Anyway, we're also looking for Shamans in guild, let me know if your interested at all, we'd love to take anyone with varying abilities, though getting a few teachers first might be awesome, it'll give others who come someone to learn from should they have a student type character.
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:27 pm

The Corsairs own some top quality beef!

Too bad Kumeh couldn't be there tonight! Sad I didn't have a valid reason for her to be there since she said last night she was setting out for Ferelas again! xD
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:07 am

Morinth wrote:The Corsairs own some top quality beef!

Too bad Kumeh couldn't be there tonight! Sad I didn't have a valid reason for her to be there since she said last night she was setting out for Ferelas again! xD

"I forgot my keys.... to the kodo, yes the kodo."
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Groshnakk Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:45 pm

Mortior/Sonitus wrote: I have my hopes for outsourcing Shaman and Warriors to the OORB as a way to rekindle some of the other Horde links
The OORB have already.. Somewhat opened it's doors to trolls and taurens, so they could be able to follow us, should they be willing. Saying this, feel free to contact us anytime, we'll figure some RP out as soon as we get home to good old Kalimdor.

Groshnakk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonitus Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:17 pm

Groshnakk wrote:
Mortior/Sonitus wrote: I have my hopes for outsourcing Shaman and Warriors to the OORB as a way to rekindle some of the other Horde links
The OORB have already.. Somewhat opened it's doors to trolls and taurens, so they could be able to follow us, should they be willing. Saying this, feel free to contact us anytime, we'll figure some RP out as soon as we get home to good old Kalimdor.

Sorry should have been clearer...
I meant to say having inter-guild RP with say Orcs teaching Tauren or vice versa. Indeed I look forward to the OORBs return to Kalimdor, can't come soon enough!
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonitus Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Update time!

After correspondance with Kurn (formerly of the Banner of the Bloodhoof), I have agreed to a merger and assumed OOC leadership of the Banner. Worry not dear reader, our enthusiam for bringing Tauren RP back as well as our concepts and ideologies are being carried over and we are in progress of remoulding the Guild now for a coming revival.

See you tommorow night for the Story by the fire!
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next