Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[25-26 February] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage

+20
Sonitus
Tuomas/Decurius
Humphry
Zathoroz
Samian/Bismack
Lexgrad
Drustai
Naomi
Odgan / Keag
Xen-tau
corleth
Zouyo
Ataris
Seranita
Yarnaat
Valerias
Velspeth
erwtenpeller
Skarain
Thelos
24 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[25-26 February] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage Empty [25-26 February] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage

Post by Thelos Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:30 pm

25-26 February 2012

[25-26 February] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage Shattrath1

The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage.

Though to many of us it may seem like a lifelong or two ago, it was only recently that the peace on the Exile’s Refuge was disturbed. Spurred on by Kil’Jaeden the Deciever, the vile Orcish Hordes ravaged the once fair planet of Draenor and corrupted it into a foul shell of its former self that awnsers to the fitting name The Outlands. They tainted the air and torn the earth asunder with their foul magicks. Only the Lightloving Draenei people stood between the demons and the utter annihilation of yet another world of the Burning Crusade of the Legion. Though gravely outnumbered, we stood our ground against immeasurable odds and held our great bastions of hope, beacons of Light on a darkening world. Rather than seizing their savage and lightless assault they turned to even more foul magicks to sully their souls in the wickedest of ways. Not even their innocent children would be spared of these crimes, as they employed demonic Fel rituals to speed up the growth of their own infants to create more soldiers. Even now the newer generations bear the marks of these unforgivable sins in their sickly green skin.

As the Orcs deployed more and more twisted demonic powers, they tore down every last bastion of Light. The grand temple-city of Karabor, the city of the dead, Auchindoun, and all the majestic temples of the north were all razed by the crazed Orcish war machine. Inspired by the wicked whisperings of their demonic lords, they cruelly tortured our men and violated our women before savagely executing them. Not even our children were spared. Any description that attempts to capture the horrors the Orcs wrought upon is in these darkest moments is doomed to fail. The very path leading from their infernal stronghold of Hellfire Citadel to the Dark Portal was paved by the bones of the Draenei that were slaughtered during this period that would later be known as the Orc Massacres. Most of our brothers and sisters fell while valiantly defending us. There is not a single Draenei left alive today that has not directly lost friends or family to this cursed event.

As more of our brothers and sisters fell, we flocked to our last remaining stronghold: Shattrath, the city of Light. There our prophet, Velen the Divine, was gifted by a vision of hope. He saw there was yet a future for our kind in which we would be granted the opportunity to vindicate our tragic losses. We were to be given another chance to combat the Legion, in some other time, some other place. With the greatest sadness and grief weighing on his heavy heart, the Prophet began to realize what had to be done. The Orcs would surely not give up on their merciless chase until they thought they had wiped out every last one of us, down to the very last child. In order to wrought forth the vision the Prophet realized that he would have to trick the Orcs in to believing they had dealt the heir final deathblow. So it was with unimaginable sorrow that we left the majority of the minority that had survived make their last stand at Shattrath. These martyrs of the Light who died to give us the lives we live today are surely amongst the noblest ever to have perished in the Light’s name. Hallowed be their souls in everlasting unity with the Light.

Our brothers and sisters of the Alliance are no strangers to the ravages the Orcs and their demonic masters have wrought upon both our worlds. Everyone has or at least knows someone who has lost friends and family to their unholy onslaught. We invite every one of you to join us in commemorating the loss of all those who fell to the Fel. We will mourn and celebrate all who have died in the ongoing war against the Legion to protect at the Draenei City of the Dead, Auchindoun. Afterwards we will think the Light from keeping us from damnation by holding a feast in its name in one of its chosen cities, Shattrath.

Light keep the Draenei people and their esteemed allies,

• Anchorite Thelos, Monk of Karabor.

[25-26 February] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage Auchenai1

[OOC] Concept, schedule and route

The Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage will be a two-to-three days long event that will take those interested on a journey trough Outland to commemorate the tragedies that have occurred there. Our journey will begin at Nethergarde keep where we will meet up and prepare for the long trek trough Outland. Once we've passed the Dark Portal, we will travel trough Hellfire Peninsula, trough Zangramarsh, to Terrokar, visiting some mportant Draenei towns and temples on the way. After having spend the night in Shattrath, we will hold a memorial service at the Draenei city of the Dead, Auchindoun, and close off with a merry feast.

Nearly every Alliance character has some reason to commemorate those who have fallen to defend them against the Legion and their many foul minions. Everyone's lost at least one family member or knows someone who has lost a family member in the ongoing war against the Legion. I distinctly recall all the time that Thelos and other characters like him joined the humans in their grieving and memorials. The annual visit to Uther's Tomb is a prime example. I feel it is time they are offered the opportunity to return the favor and mourn for and with their Draenei brethren.

It is also an opportunity to offer players that otherwise have no business being in Outland the opportunity to enjoy some of the rich roleplay possibilities it has to offer. There will be much time for introspection and melancholic reflection, though of course there will also be plenty of smiles and laughter on the way, too, as we end on a positive note with a grand feast.

Most of all though it may be an opportunity to add another layer of depth to our Draenei characters. Revisiting the ruins of your old life, figuring out where exactly your Draenei lived on Outland, and with whom, and exactly what he lost, will be invaluable additions to your character.

There will be many roles to fill. I will require the aid of other experienced Draenei character to act as guides and lecturers. I will require speakers and preachers, hopefully some civilians and whatever anyone has to offer to the concept. I will require of course protection, paladins, vindicators, or even mercenaries to defend us against the many perils that still plague the Outlands. And finally, there may just be those odd tag along people, like merchants or researchers, who would jump at the opportunity to journey trough Outland under the protection of some bulky Vindicators.

I have not yet decided on a date, but I have come far enough on figuring out the details that I wish to share them with the community. This will most likely not take place in January, but perhaps we can find a good date that suits all that are interested in February or March.

So without further ado, let me share with you the route and the schedule. Feedback will be much appreciated.

Last edited by Thelos on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:35 pm; edited 9 times in total
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[25-26 February] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage Empty Re: [25-26 February] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage

Post by Skarain Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Wow Thelos....
If i had lighties i would surely join. As this is simply an awesome idea. And im quite sure it will lead to rerolls or creation of alts. May the spacegoat population start growing Smile
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

[25-26 February] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage Empty Re: [25-26 February] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:00 pm

You don't need to be a lightie to honour the dead, skaska.

This event is so awesome that I have three characters that would join it if they could.... But I'm guessing it's mainly going to be Vrachos. I doubt Delidah could remain still all the way fron auchindon to shattrath anyway >_>
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Velspeth Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:18 pm

This is a very very exciting idea Thelos!
Velspeth
Velspeth

Character sheet
Name: Lady Velspeth Wollerton
Title: Diplomat, Priestess Cleric, Magistrate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:18 pm

During this event, Thelos will be wearing the robes seen in the screenshot of the mourning Draenei at Auchenai Crypts. They can be aquired by completing the quest Gurf's Dignity, which can only aquired by all races that have done the prequests that allows you to speak Furbolg,

I will allow the concept of this event to simmer and then crystallize before I pick a final date.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:46 pm

This is quite beautiful. I often lament the lack of reasons to RP in Outland (well, I have human characters mainly), and would absolutely love to partake of this.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:56 pm

This has my stamp of approval.
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:57 am

ohhh! If im not working .. monny will definatly join this
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:09 am

Even if you're working she will be there- In our hearts! Very Happy
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:40 am

weeps with happiness*
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:43 pm

I think a few members of the Pack would be interested in this ^^
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:49 am

Oh! Just had a thunk! Thelos, you want any orc rprs to pop by every now and then RPing as Fel Orcs or something? Just to add to the event as a whole.
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet
Name: Grek'thar Earthstorm
Title: Crazy orc

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Grekthar wrote:Oh! Just had a thunk! Thelos, you want any orc rprs to pop by every now and then RPing as Fel Orcs or something? Just to add to the event as a whole.

That would be very interesting idea indeed!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:44 pm

looks pretty dope.
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Just say when Thelos and I'll try to talk some orcs into attacking you.
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet
Name: Grek'thar Earthstorm
Title: Crazy orc

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:41 pm

I'm sure there are Blood Elves that want to join, as the Scryers are there as well!
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Blood Elves who have proven themselves to be allies of the Naaru will be welcome to join of course. The same applies to Tauren.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Odgan / Keag Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:46 am

Outland RP \0/
Odgan / Keag
Odgan / Keag

Character sheet
Name: Ildranor Strongbrew
Title: Mountaineer-Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:56 am

Ildranor, I stole your ale (And cookies).
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Odgan / Keag Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:26 pm

... You dirty midget.
Odgan / Keag
Odgan / Keag

Character sheet
Name: Ildranor Strongbrew
Title: Mountaineer-Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:18 pm

Hmm...a chance to develop zee warrior more *nod*

Naomi

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Thelos, I'm still interested in hosting the memorial part at Auchindoun on Dru! Keep me up to date. Smile
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:59 pm

Drustai wrote:Thelos, I'm still interested in hosting the memorial part at Auchindoun on Dru! Keep me up to date. Smile

Oh..Why, you have no idea how glad I am to hear this. I was beginning to fear I might have to shoulder all of the speeches and masses myself, so I am very relieved you still want to hold a memorial service. Very good! I'll be sure to plan it on a date that you will be available.

By the looks of it, this will most likely take place somewhere in February. I will try to pin down a date after Friday's mass.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:27 am

Ohh Drus is still around! *tries to hug* Im realy loking forward to this if you need mony for any bits gime a shout
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:41 pm

I could, ofcourse, have Vrachos say a few words, but I'll want to check his background with you first. Supposedly he stood ground against the orcs so that the anchorites and calculators he was protecting could get on the exodar, and one of the calculators zapped him on board right before it left...
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next