Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage

+8
Ara
Skarain
Carandor
Rae Wulfgnar
Falrock Thilliath
Sohan
Arkil
Thelos
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage Empty [1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage

Post by Thelos Wed May 08, 2013 2:08 pm

1-2 June 2013

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage Shattrath1

The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage.

Though it feels like we have not been allowed a single moment's respite from our long struggle against the demonic Legion and their manifold puppet-armies, it is important to remind ourselves that we enjoyed an era of hard-fought peace on the paradisaical Exile's Refuge. Even more important to commemorate is how this idyllic peace met its end: Kil'Jaeden, our most ancient enemy second in evil only to Sargaras himself, let loose the vile Orcish Hordes that ravaged the once fair planet of Draenor, corrupting it into the oul shell of its former self that is known as the Outlands today. They tainted the air and teared the very earth itself asunder with their foul magicks and heathen witchery. Only the Lightloving Draenei people stood in opposition to the looming doom of yet another world by the infernal hand of the Burning Crusade. Though gravely outnumbered, we stood our ground against immeasurable odds and held our proud purple banners waving aloft; bastions of hope, beacons of Light on a darkening world. Rather than seizing their savage and Lightless assault they turned to fouler and fouler magicks and sullied their souls in the wickedest of ways. Not even their innocent children would be spared of these crimes, as they employed demonic Fel rituals to speed up the growth of their own infants to create more soldiers. Even now the newer generations bear the marks of these unforgivable sins in their sickly green skin.

As the Orcs deployed more and more twisted demonic powers, they tore down every last bastion of Light. The grand temple-city of Karabor; the city of the dead, Auchindoun; and all the majestic temples of the north were razed by the crazed Orcish war machine. Inspired by the wicked whisperings of their demonic lords, they cruelly tortured our men and violated our women before savagely executing them. Not even the poor weeping babes were spared. No words can adequately describe the horrors the Orcs wrought upon us in these darkest moments The very path leading from their infernal stronghold of Hellfire Citadel from which they ruled their Kingdom of Evil to the Dark Portal trough which they would invade the innocent world of Azeroth was paved by the bones of the Draenei that were slaughtered during this period that would later be known as the Orc Massacres. There is not a single Draenei left alive today that has not directly lost relations to the Orc Massacres.

As more and more good lightloving draenei fell, the remaining faithful flocked to their last remaining stronghold: Shattrath, the City of Light. There our prophet, Velen the Divine, was gifted by a vision of hope. He saw there was yet a future for our kind in which we would be granted the honor to vindicate our tragic losses. We were to be given another chance to combat the Legion, in some other time, some other place. With the greatest sadness and grief weighing on his heavy heart, the Prophet began formulated a most tragic plan. The Orcs would surely not give up on their merciless chase until they thought they had wiped out every last one of us, down even to the the wailing children and lamenting wives. In order to wrought forth the vision the Prophet realized that he would have to trick the Orcs in to believing they had dealt the final deathblow. So it was with unimaginable sorrow that we left the majority of the minority that had survived to make their last stand at Shattrath. These martyrs of the Light who died to give us the lives we live today are surely amongst the noblest ever to have perished in the Light’s name. Hallowed be their souls in everlasting unity with the Light.

Our brothers and sisters of the Alliance are no strangers to the ravages the Orcs and their demonic masters have wrought upon both our worlds. Everyone has or at least knows someone who has lost friends and family to their unholy onslaught. We invite every one of you to join us in commemorating the loss of all those who fell to the Fel. We will mourn and celebrate all who have died in the ongoing war against the Legion to protect at the Draenei City of the Dead: Auchindoun. Afterwards we will thank the Light from keeping us from damnation by holding a feast in Its name in one of Its chosen cities, Shattrath.

Light keep the Draenei people and their esteemed allies,

• Vindicator Huruma of Karabor.

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage Auchenai1

[OOC] Concept, schedule and route

It's been over a year since the last Shattrath memorial pilgrimage was held. Coming June, I will organize another, which will roughly be of the same character and nature. We will gather on the Friday the 31th of May at Nethergarde Keep and travel trough the Dark Portal to Zangarmarsh, stopping at Telhamat for a short sermon on the day. On Sunday, we continue to Auchindoun for the memorial service, to end the weekend with a feast in Shattrath on the Aldor Rise.

Here's the route:

Spoiler:

Here's some screenshots from last year:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Here's the original OOC post:
Spoiler:

Like last year, I need other draenei characters to accompany me and help me prepare speeches in which the participants are taught about draenei history and culture. We'll want a speech at Telhamat, Telredor, Auchindoun (the actual memorial) and Shattrath - though I reserve the last one for myself.

I hope to see equal numbers to last year, if not more!

Naaru Naaru Paranaru Parafrasnaru Shakure.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage Empty Re: [1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage

Post by erwtenpeller Wed May 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Present!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage Empty Re: [1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage

Post by Ara Wed May 08, 2013 4:06 pm

I remember a lot more ghost time Sad but I'll go if bob's alive or better yet...on my spacegoat
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed May 08, 2013 6:43 pm

Due to recent developments, Drustai will not be able to preach. She may attend as a guest, however.

I'll recommend Inran take over the Auchenai side of things this time.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed May 08, 2013 7:00 pm

I wouldn't mind, but unless i manage to get the Monday following 2nd day free, i won't be able come online that evening.

I can begin to sort it out the next time i return to the barracks.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu May 09, 2013 12:42 pm

Calendar is up.

Contact me in-game for an invite.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun May 12, 2013 11:57 am

awsome toss me an invite for this Smile
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon May 27, 2013 10:14 am

Very much looking forward to this.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon May 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Confirmed: Wild Tempest will show up.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon May 27, 2013 5:01 pm

Woo!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkil Mon May 27, 2013 5:28 pm

Looking forward to this, if anyone can throw me an invite in-game I'll rustle up some elves.
Arkil
Arkil

Character sheet
Name: Arkil Stormfeather
Title: Keeper

http://www.alexandashley.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:41 pm

Vrachos is in position.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:46 pm

I might be blind because I can't find it anywhere, but at what time is the gathering at Nethergarde Keep?
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:58 pm

The gathering has already begun. I imagine we'll leave at around 7:30, or 8.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:08 pm

Awwww shiet. I'll get there as soon as possible then.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Falrock Thilliath Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:38 pm

This is written from my member Sulli who doesn't have account here, he made some nice screenshots of the event.

"Hey guys. Sullí here Smile. Thought you might enjoy these little screenies I took of our time in outland. I'll try and do some more in future. Sorry if you see me stealthing around.. Its really the only way to get these done Smile"

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 19

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 18

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 17

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 16

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 15

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 14

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 13

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 12

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 11

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 10

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 9

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 8

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 7

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 6

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 5

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 4

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 3

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 2

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 1

[1-2th of June] The Battle of Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage 20
Falrock Thilliath
Falrock Thilliath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:48 pm

Awesome! Very Happy
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:32 pm

And that was just part one of the event!

The Shattrath Memorial Pilgrimage continues.... Tomorrow.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:07 pm

Was fun, before I got chased off.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:13 pm

A handsome image of the mighty Wulfgnar! As usual, chasing Drustai off at every moment.
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:14 pm

Rae Wulfgnar wrote:As usual, chasing Drustai off at every moment.

He's a big meanie. Sad
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:20 pm

Please respect the sanctity of peace. Or Vrachos is gonna have to slap a ho.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:53 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Please respect the sanctity of peace. Or Vrachos is gonna have to slap a ho.
with monrena close on his tail *nods*
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Carandor Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:35 am

Tonight's event was incredibly fun and well-organised, very well done to Vrachos and Inran for putting this on! It's not easy to make an event with so many people around but you pulled it off really well tonight. Smile I regret not being around for the closure of the event tomorrow, though I am certain I would've enjoyed it as much as I did tonight.
Carandor
Carandor

Character sheet
Name: Carandor Northstar
Title: Kaldorei Marine, and student of the Way

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:54 am

And Niatta....or however you spell her name shall be ready with another pie to the face and perhaps a law suit
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next