Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird Dreams/Nightmares

+51
Xen-tau
Sohan
Bradley
Cid
Ixirar
Skarain
Larnira
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Lorainne/Bridlington
Sanara
Iltharen
Lavian
Nifty
Lexgrad
Velynia
Rmuffn
Vyrinn
Dréfurion
Emrys
Lyniath
The Z
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Hermie
Ron Sexton
Guldujenu
itsy
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
corleth
Drustai
Eowale
Morinth
Ledgic
Feydor
Saevir
Timna
Mandui
Axio
Ave/Sariella
Morty
Gesh
Shaelyssa
Dharum
Nessra Sunwhisper
Chrystan
Yarnaat
Darilas
Grufftoof
Kristeas Sunbinder
Muzjhath
Kettin
55 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Weird Dreams/Nightmares - Page 2 Empty Re: Weird Dreams/Nightmares

Post by Ave/Sariella Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Yeah but this would be for hours :p on another note i really wish there was a way to record dreams, would be so madly awesome and probably fucking scary.
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Morty Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:58 pm

I doubt I'd actually want to see some of my dreams again.. for some of them have been really wicked.

Not filled with gore, wicked.. but just strange scenarios including people I've barelly met, etc.

Razz
Morty
Morty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://www.defiasrp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Cheap and effective way to make films as well.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:00 pm

...Well the dream recorder thing is already being created slowly.. Studied closely and such but it seems possible and yes.. A way for movies, doubtfully cheap though :p
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:01 pm

I ah yes I think i seen a image of this dream recorder very crude but amazing at the same time.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:01 pm

I don't have nightmares all that often, but when I do, they're usually the kind that wakes you up and won't let you fall asleep again, such as:
- my two cats being killed and mutilated, having the body parts be scattered all over my house
- having close friends/family members "mutate" or become irrationally violent/disturbing, like my brother growing a second mouth right next to his regular one or my mother walking down the street while carrying a plastic bag full of severed human hands
- apocalyptic events, like a nuclear holocaust or another major world catastrophe.

I don't recall ever dying in any of my dreams. Even the ones leaving me no other choice but death end way before that happens, mostly because I wake up in a shocked state.

Two of the strangest dreams I've had:

1. I realized I was dreaming and was trying to wake up for what felt like days without any success. I even managed to control the dream to a certain degree and tried to explain to those around me that they don't really exist. I'll never forget the expression on their faces in response to that which was utter surprise and confusion.

2. There is this certain person that keeps popping up randomly from time to time in my dreams. He doesn't look like anyone I know in reality. He has given me his name and many other personal information throughout several conversations I've had with him during dreams in the past 20 years. He always wears the same clothes, but there are changes in his facial hair sometimes. He's one of the reasons making me realize I'm currently dreaming. He's very much aware he's in a dream himself. He's also the one who first told me about astral projection when I was like 12.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:08 pm

Mandui thats pritty kick ass Smile Will have to try and control my dreams, but half the time I belive its real when i'm in the dream. Normalish dreasm I wake up and think its a memory the worst is looseing all my money in thw bank. Always wake up paranoid for about 5 mins afterwards.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:10 pm

What is the guy's name... also draw it so someone here recognises it as someone that lived somewhere 1800-ish.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:12 pm

Yes I would love to see a drawing of it and know the name. Ever googled the name? Curious now Very Happy . I love Dreams ^^ so interesting, peaking into another world. Ow yes I've dreamnt about wow being real as well, it's pritty cool ^^
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:19 pm

lol....

It sounds weird, I know. I did some research on the name a few years back, but found no results of people of the past/present named like that. It's a rather weird combination of a common first name with a really uncommon last name, both greek.

I'm really bad at drawing people out of memory, but I could try to photoshop my way to that by altering a picture of someone with similar facial bone structure xD
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:24 pm

Dun dun dun dun dunnnnn.....

>MAYBE IT WAS THIS MAN<
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:27 pm

Wtf...

But no, he looks nothing like that.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:29 pm

I had a dream that a giant McCain oven chip chased me into the future. It was the size of skyscrapers. "The future" was a swirling portal.

My head-state and well being has obviously played on my dream-state. Times I've been hitting the sauce a bit hard, or when I was erm "enjoying various narcotics" on a heavier basis massively affected my dreams. Not always negatively. But it was in a "bad time" that I first remember the old lady (she has visited numerous times) and at that time I tried to "take control" of my dreams a bit more (the 'mirror trick' in dreams is a real, real head fuck at times).

I've also suffered previously from sleep apnea and sleep paralysis (most often when I am very ill, and/or sleeping on my back (not how I usually sleep) in very cold/damp rooms). For me this would usually be indicated by my feelings of being visited by a dark force/fog/or person sat on my bed or near me (sometimes on my legs or chest). A common enough "ghost story" which many visitors to "haunted" houses describe.

However, at their worst these were truly, truly "terrifying" (I guess that's the best word): I would be sure that I was "in trouble" in my dream, but conscious of the fact I was asleep, trying to get control of my body as it slipped into slumber. I'd call out, even try to grab at things. Something so I could "pull back" out of sleep. I've scared the shit out of people I've been sleeping with (GASP!) when this happens. I'd think I was shouting for help but I'd be whispering, mumbling, rasping for breath. I've also smacked someone hard when they came to help me... oops.

I've also done other things when completely 'asleep'. But I'll leave it at that... as I'm a gentleman.

Edit: I also think the way people talk and discuss dreams is very interesting. I'm definitely interested in the "language" of dreams. I used the term "visited by" for the old lady, and it really feels like that. She visits me. Or maybe me her. Like a real person. Something so absolutely "there" even if alien, weird, and at time scary.

Edit 2: Dreams aren't always colourful for me. But I've noticed very vivid (often glaringly "clashing") colours at times - though often it's just the difference between very light and very dark. Sounds too. And smells. So vivid that I can still "smell" them when I wake. Perfume is a particular one for me.

Last edited by grufftoof on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:29 pm

I have a recurring nightmare/dream of a kidnapper running around a table, chasing after me, and every time I reach a specific corner I get to eat a strawberry.
Once I get outside I realize I'm F**ked, though, and I try to run.
Scared as hell, but still I feel the humour and lolz of it while I'm sleeping so I don't want to stop dreaming it. So bloody hilarious. Every time.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:29 pm

I should make Neimi visit this thread...
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:34 pm

Does anyone else have recurring dreams, which are months or even years apart, which follow sequentially from each other and pick up where the last one left off?
I love 'em. When I'm dreaming I can remember the whole story thus far of all the dreams, but currently I can't remember jack shit. I'll return to this post if the series has its next episode in the future Very Happy
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Morty Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:35 pm

It's said that about 70% of females have recurring dreams, while 65% of males have them.
Morty
Morty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://www.defiasrp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:43 pm

I do have such dreams that return or carry on, as said they can carry on five minutes later just by falling asleep again or can carry on yeeeeaaars later.. Sometimes they "replay" but theres more added to them.
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:16 pm

Mandui wrote:I realized I was dreaming and was trying to wake up for what felt like days without any success.

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate that kind of dream >.>

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Darilas/Annyra/Irelia wrote:I have reoccurring dreams about loosing all my teeth.

Argh, me too! Hate those things -_-

I don't remember many dreams, to be honest. I had one where I was being chased by some unknown monster around a hotel. Ran into one room and hid in the cupboard, the monster then punched the entire room out of the hotel. I woke up when I should've died, as usual.

The other, more humourous one I'll always remember: The dream started with me riding along the road at high speeds in some sort of armoured bus, just smashing shit out of my way like a man on a mission. Suddenly that ended and I appeared in a train station, where I walked into a pub. Sat down, ordered my pint and lit a cigarette, shortly after I realised I wasn't allowed to smoke in said pub and before I could put it out, a line of people walked down some stairs to arrest me.

The line started with a policeman, then a bunch of people I can't recall, and the last in the line (and the one that arrested me) was Gordon Brown. Go figure.

Favourite dreams = falling dreams. Love that stuff.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:33 pm

You know what my dreams are like Flumi! <3

My most recent that I can remember... God. It's a bit weird.

I'd just spent the whole night RP'ing at the Campaign in Hillsbrad. I go to bed, and immediately, the Anethionians (or whatever you heretics call yourselves) suddenly turn up and make a flash mob, dancing to Safety Dance. But then my own Morinth runs in with Flumiwick and Eremor, two of my officers, and we start trying to kill them all. So the Chapter runs away, and my whole crew appears and takes their place, dancing. Until Faralan, Asvora, and my warrior Kaina come in and start beating up Mori, Flumi and Ere. At which point, the barbarians-.. Ermm, Kingdom of Stromgarde turn up and they start dancing!

Then Morinth bottles Faralan out of nowhere. But it was an ale bottle and they start complimenting each others fine taste, so the KoS and Corsairs team up and run the Chapter out of my dream, then dance together to Safety Dance, complete with ale.

\o/ That's a normal dream for me.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Only WoW related dream I've ever seen was back in TBC when I was farming Kurenai Rep (killing loadsa ogres) with Messil.

Think I grinded like 9 hours or something, then I saw a dream where I was grinding ogres.

The voices still haunt me to this day.
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:34 pm

Grinding ogres can be misunderstood Surprised
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:21 pm

Ave wrote:Grinding ogres can be misunderstood Surprised

Nah, that's just you and your twisted mind!
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:55 pm

Dharum wrote:Only WoW related dream I've ever seen was back in TBC when I was farming Kurenai Rep (killing loadsa ogres) with Messil.

Think I grinded like 9 hours or something, then I saw a dream where I was grinding ogres.

The voices still haunt me to this day.

Imagine doing that grind on three different toons.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next