Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird Dreams/Nightmares

+51
Xen-tau
Sohan
Bradley
Cid
Ixirar
Skarain
Larnira
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Lorainne/Bridlington
Sanara
Iltharen
Lavian
Nifty
Lexgrad
Velynia
Rmuffn
Vyrinn
Dréfurion
Emrys
Lyniath
The Z
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Hermie
Ron Sexton
Guldujenu
itsy
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
corleth
Drustai
Eowale
Morinth
Ledgic
Feydor
Saevir
Timna
Mandui
Axio
Ave/Sariella
Morty
Gesh
Shaelyssa
Dharum
Nessra Sunwhisper
Chrystan
Yarnaat
Darilas
Grufftoof
Kristeas Sunbinder
Muzjhath
Kettin
55 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Weird Dreams/Nightmares Empty Weird Dreams/Nightmares

Post by Kettin Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:34 am

I myself have many werid dreams and nightmares. Most recent was I was on the beach and there wasa huge beached whale and I mean huge with loads of people running around and it was looking at me. Next thing I know two missle silo came up from the ground and fired two large missles up into the air and I said " I knew It" The rest I can't remember. :S

Would like to hear some interesting dreams or nightmares one offs or ones that have repeated in your life.

*Title change from my dyslexic spelling >.< my bad*

Last edited by Flumi on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Weird Dreams/Nightmares Empty Re: Weird Dreams/Nightmares

Post by Muzjhath Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:39 am

The latest nightmare I had I was walking around with a friend in a snowy landscape. Until the snow gave way under me and I fell down say 5 meters into a hole. My arms up. I was unable to move.

I was down there for a few minutes in dream time before i woke up.

Yes, I am horribly claustrophobc.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:43 am

That asounds pritty nasty :S . One of my oldest nightmares I used to get when I was a child was in this church yard looking up at the church with some little shed next to me witha moving broom (on its own) ontop of the church was this man sized owl it would suddenly swoop down towards me screaming a horrfic inhuman noise its face was of a horrible twisted hag really hard to describe how nasty it was. As it was about to get me I would wake. Was horrible.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:55 am

Ye olde murderer in the house dream, I was halfway out of the house (fleeing) when I stopped, turned around and ran back in with an axe O.o
I woke up there thinking "wtf?".
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:00 pm

I tend to write down my dreams now, or the particularly vivid, memorable ones. Good and bad, weird or not.

Some particular recurring themes I have involve (one or more of the following):

• A supercity, spiralling into the sky.
  • Overcrowded markets, jostling people, stalls, shouting. This tends to "look" or feel a bit like Spittalfields market. Maybe the market in Tampere. That kind of large enclosed market place.
  • Zombies. Since I can remember. Some kind of zombie attack. Shambling, walking dead, Romero style. Sometimes dressed in military (fascist) uniform.
  • Old fashioned muskets or pistols. Usually where I have to make the "bang" noise in my dream to make them actually work. Often linked to the zombies above.
  • Stealing cars, hitchhiking, travelling large distances on foot. All of these. Tend to include large twisting highways, or desert roads.
  • Animals. Robins and magpies in particular for birds. Foxes, dogs, deer and badgers for animals.
  • An old shrouded woman, crouched over in a chair by a large (inglenook) fireplace. Lights flicker and play in her hands. The room she sits in is stone and very cold. I always wake up before I can see what she actually holds in her hands.
  • Trees, treehouses, forests and woods. Faeries too. Or lights and music which makes me think of them.

I've tried to control and affect my dreams. I've freaked myself to hell and back by looking for mirrors and my reflection in dreams. I've sleepwalked and found myself crying in a hallway (though this was a LONG time ago). I've had wonderful and terrible dreams. But I love dreaming.

A few dreams I've written down recently:

Spoiler:
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:05 pm

I have reoccurring dreams about loosing all my teeth. And a lot of other weird ones I forget.
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:13 pm

When I was 5 years old I dreamed that a gigantic teddy bear was going to eat me. It was scary at the time. Sad
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:21 pm

Aedis Swordfall wrote:When I was 5 years old I dreamed that a gigantic teddy bear was going to eat me. It was scary at the time. Sad

It wasn't a dream! Welcome to the Twilight zone do do do do. Some cool dream stuff guys and gals Smile a nice read

What I found on teeth falling out dreams . http://www.dreamsleep.net/commondreams/meaning-of-teeth-dream.html
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystan Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:26 pm

I suffer from Night Terrors and can sometimes wake up in time to remember glimpses of them, I've had all sorts, babies with long chitinous claws ripping people in half while crying for food.... Even now when i hear a baby scream loudly I get a chill down my spine...

I've been tortured, seen torture, tortured others, killed loved ones, been killed by loved ones. My extreme fear of Wasps comes from a particularly bad one as a child which I can't fully remember, just remember it involved Wasps and since then can't be near them.

I enjoy writing dark short stories though, they have their uses for that.
Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:34 pm

Psssst, it's Weird, not Werid Smile

The scariest dream was probably when I was half awake, half sleeping. A puppy jumped on the bed from out of nowhere. I woke up screaming, not because I was afraid of the puppy, but because there was obviously an intruder in the house who let the puppy in D: Everything in the room was exactly the same when I woke up, just the puppy was missing.

Sometimes I dream of waking up to find my Fiance staring at me. He then opens his mouth wide open and eats my face.

I see nightmares quite often, and I tend to scream quite much. Our neighbours must love me >.>

EDIT:
Darilas/Annyra/Irelia wrote:I have reoccurring dreams about loosing all my teeth

I have those too.
And sometimes I cut off pieces of my body with scissors, for no apparent reason, and regret it immediately afterwards. Logical Very Happy
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:58 pm

I haven't seen a nightmare in ... 5? years.
I see alot of dreams and tend to write them up and alot of recurring themes in them.

Uh similiar to Grufftoof I get alot of Zombies for some reason, also post-apocalyptic themes are very common.
When I think back to the dreams later on I find them to be pretty scary in the theme, but never when Im actually dreaming.

For example once I saw an very interesting dream where I was investigating a group of murders where all victims were skinned and it eventually lead us after the Skinner-Murder, which was a humanoid creature without skin and could change form to those it skinned.

I tend to see very action-full and violent dreams though. Varying from killing Zombies to being a viking and mauling people with a hammer.

Overall I love my dreams, best entertaintment :3
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:19 pm

Had my fair share of zombie dreams as well one I remember well was there was a zombie copy of my sister which when we killed it all this horrible puss came out with flys in it. Very messy
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:41 pm

I have recurring dreams of this shopping center on an island in the sky, when I was younger I dreamt I went to the creche there, the other day I had a dream that it was under attack from terrorists. Lovely escalators though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:51 pm

Gruff, some of your dreams are so creepy. The old lady by the fireplace?! It reminds me of The Ring for some reason. >:[

I always, always, always get nightmares and I always end up dying in them. It's always the same thing!! I'm in a car, either driving or in the passenger seat, and I fall off a cliff and DIE.

I also remember my first wet dream ... but you'll have to pm me for the details Wink
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:20 pm

Details ! XD lol wet dreams are odd been years and years for me
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Last one was me in a train station by myself, knew I was traveling, but can't remeber where. I run into an attractive gent we talk, his father appears who happens to be a talented illustrator I show him my work.. and it's terrible, like the work became worse when I showed him and his son and now I'm stumbling over my words, trying to apologise for the terrible work and I can judgemental stares.

Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morty Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:23 pm

Nessra Sunbinder wrote:
EDIT:
Darilas/Annyra/Irelia wrote:I have reoccurring dreams about loosing all my teeth

I have those too.
And sometimes I cut off pieces of my body with scissors, for no apparent reason, and regret it immediately afterwards. Logical Very Happy

Teeth falling out, grow crooked or rot:

Is explained by thinking of impotence or loss of beauty, often happens in the 2'nd or 3'rd stage of a dream.

In stage 2, the immune system goes to work repairing any damage. Endocrine glands secrete growth hormones. Blood is sent to the muscles and the body achieves complete sleep.

In stage three, you'd still be in the NREM stage, this is an even deeper sleep. The body's metabolic levels are extremelly low in this part.

As for you cutting off your limbs, it's called to be "Absent-minded transgression" which explains in doing an involuntary wrong action accompanied by guild. Usually comes with thoughts "to cease". This also happens in the 2'nd or 3'rd stage of a dream.
Morty
Morty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://www.defiasrp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:36 pm

I've had the teeth dream going on a few times, i'd be ripping them out myself though and i'd always walk around in what would look like a medieval place and the streets lit up in green lights.

I've also had plenty of zombie / disease dreams, often being around where i live right now, like id just be staring out the window and see the zombies walk right past the window without noticing me.

Aaaand lots of being chased dreams that always makes me wake up gasping for my breath and sweating.. if i fall asleep after that, all my dreams / nightmares carries on, always do.
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Axio Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:38 pm

I was guillotined in a modern prison just last night.

The executioner was an African-American female postal worker.
Axio
Axio

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morty Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Being chased, or chasing is explained by feelings and thoughts of anxiety, ambition or falling behind. It occurs in the latest stages of a dream. Usually the last, 5'th one called "Delta Sleep" or REM.

The eyes move back and forth erratically as if watching something underneath the eyelids. It occurs 90-100 minutes after the onset of sleep. Blood pressure rises at this point, along with heart rate. Respiration becomes erratic and brain activity jumps.
Morty
Morty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Well.. Aren't you an expert eh? :p Able to explain why i'd actually feel my teeth being ripped out in those dreams, that lasting for a whole lot longer after ive woken up, for the record.. And on another note, i've always known what's been chasing me Surprised
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:47 pm

What about dreaming that you are falling of something and then waking while your leg makes the movement fitting in the dream (like walking off a flight of stairs, but the last step is missing and you step on air).
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:49 pm

I've had that aswell, waking up in a massive shock due to a dream while being half asleep, i dunno why but i just know its uncomfortable as hell.
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morty Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:52 pm

The thing about sleep, and dreams is that your brain works on a whole different level than when you're asleep. Some scientists say that it's not that much different from being awake, but I beg to differ personally. Razz

During such events as falling, your heart rate rises both in your sleep and in your physical form. So what you have seen in your dream is presented as a memory in the end which you have just experienced, making your body move and trick your brain into believing for that second that you open your eyes, that you're still playing out this "memory".
Morty
Morty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morty Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:54 pm

Oh, and experiencing pain is the same thing. Your brain thinks that in some way that you have experienced this action if the dream is real enough, that you instinctivelly feel it for just a square second on the outside aswell. It's all because of your chemicals mixing and twisting from.. well, from teeth falling out, cutting off limbs etc etc.

Our brain works in mysterious ways...
Morty
Morty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down