Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird Dreams/Nightmares

+51
Xen-tau
Sohan
Bradley
Cid
Ixirar
Skarain
Larnira
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Lorainne/Bridlington
Sanara
Iltharen
Lavian
Nifty
Lexgrad
Velynia
Rmuffn
Vyrinn
Dréfurion
Emrys
Lyniath
The Z
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Hermie
Ron Sexton
Guldujenu
itsy
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
corleth
Drustai
Eowale
Morinth
Ledgic
Feydor
Saevir
Timna
Mandui
Axio
Ave/Sariella
Morty
Gesh
Shaelyssa
Dharum
Nessra Sunwhisper
Chrystan
Yarnaat
Darilas
Grufftoof
Kristeas Sunbinder
Muzjhath
Kettin
55 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Weird Dreams/Nightmares - Page 7 Empty Re: Weird Dreams/Nightmares

Post by Darilas Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:34 am

I shall dig out some of my recent dreams (as I have said before I try to write them down and sometimes post them on Facebook or stuff). These are by no means all in the last few days, and not all the weird ones, but probably some of the more weird:

The not too distant future. An asteroid appears at the edge of our solar system and narrowly (in astronomical terms) passes Earth. We survive, though our world is changed by a fallout of energy or matter from the near miss. Some people are blinked out of existence at random. No rhyme or reason. Just gone. And the chemical structure of anything made of glass, or including glass, is changed instantly. If glass is “outside” (open to the weather) it is turned to a (new to science) transparent stone. If “internal” it is turned to a (similarly new) metallic salt. The Government realises that control of these new compounds is important, and they create sanctions, strict regulations and control, and (obviously?) begin taxing them heavily.

There’s a lot of people not happy about this (we miss our old glass). And so a Resistance forms. We hunt the Glass Police (I know they’re called this as they wear badges with GP on them). And there’s lots of smuggling of stone and salt. All terribly exciting I am sure. Only The Government doesn’t much like it, or us. So they find a way to bring back all the missing people who have changed (or maybe they stole them away in the first place) and use them as super soldiers, or bounty hunters (they wear masks/helmets a bit like Boba Fett).

I’m running with some people through an old abandoned cityscape, chased by some of these people. The buildings look incredibly weird, with people (employed by some giant Mining Corporation) gathering the rock-glass from the side of the old buildings, mining it. But we get double-crossed some how. Some of the party captured and our hunters show on some big screen (is it Times Square?) what they plan on doing with us all…

I wake with the image of someone showing me slices (like you might slice a ham) of a lung, a liver, a spleen. They do this so they can roll up the thin bits, and use them of proof of a kill.

Joy.

I’m drinking my second cup of very strong coffee. I’d prefer to stay awake if that’s where I go when I sleep…

>.>

Vaguely remembers a dream in which I strove to create the perfect custard pie. Not for throwing, but for eating. I wasn't allowed to work at the circus, so I decided to open my own circus-themed café.

Had a dream where I lived in the sea. Maybe it was Scotland on an island. It was all gorse, sand and heather.

My neighbour was Huge Furry-Whippingtool. Who was teaching me how to fish. But he had to stop when the tide became a wave, and swept his cottage away. Leaving me searching the campsite where I lived for treasures and my lost watch (which I found without it’s strap).

I the managed to inflate a dinghy with enough air that it made floated in the sky, so I took to a life in an airship. And was happy when I found Huge-Hugh’s stash of still warm smoked mackerel.

I’d have killed for kippers when I woke up.

I'm officially the creator and developer of the first Boot Simulator! Go me!

Now I just need to market my idea and find a production company. Oh. And take the thing from Ben'sstrangedreamworld into the actual, real waking world.

A Boot Simulator. A piece of software for simulating different kinds of boots (no other footwear at this time (that was my idea for further DLC)). Yeah.

My imagination knows no bounds...

Last night it was arranged for me that I'd be sent to live in the desert with Milla Jovovich, Kate Beckinsale and Rebecca Hall. It should really have been a very good dream. However it mainly involved searching the sands for water for my camels which I was taking to market.

._.

Now... for a cup of tea.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:31 pm

Had a dream with a slenderman in it. What did the bastard do? Ignore me!!!!! /flail
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:38 pm

I had a dream where I was cast into the second Prometheus film to fill a role "Similar to Hudson from Aliens." Depressing to wake up from!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Had a dream I became a single parent.. I have no idea how the hell that could ever happen, but my daughter was model-hot and I had a huge house, is that what happens when straight people have unexpected children!?
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:28 pm

I dreamt that I was explaining to a movie director (with a pokemon themed powerpoint) why his "zeitgeist" movie sucked

Also, a friend from long ago was starring in this movie, while at the same time being unable to get out of bed.
Likely because of a terminal illness.

The confirmation got lost when mutant space buddhists were trying to save the planet from a zombie invasion.
They looked pretty much like humans, but had long head with different numbers of tentacles attached to the top of their head.
I know they are buddhists because, and I quote:"I wouldn't be a buddhist if I didn't try to save the planet".
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:40 pm

I had a dream where I was looking into a mirror with mouth all open, inspecting my teeth hygiene when I notice that one of my teeth seem to be rotten inside, mixed with half dried blood.

It breaks and I wake up.
Buren
Buren

Character sheet
Name: Buren Agamand
Title: Captain of the Crusade

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:05 am

Rotting teeth dream by far are the most disturbing and feels like a nightmare. These are actually the most common teeth dreams we tend to experience in our life time. Usually rotting teeth in our dream symbolizes our anxieties of the events and people that surround us at this given moment. Basically anything that rots in our dreams is not a good dream symbol and should be analysed carefully. Rotting means something is going bad and your involved, hence your teeth. Knowing who was in your dream with your or the location your at can point to a rotting situation. The questions should arise are the 4 W’s, who, what, when and why. For example if your business partner or friends was around when this was happening you might what to look into it with more detail. We know that rotting teeth mean something bad is happening but the most important part is to distinguish who is causing it. That would be decoded by you knowing what mood, events and people that where with you in your dream.

- Some random website that came up when googling "teeth dream"

Edit: Changes / loss of control seems to be pretty normal intepretations as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:08 am

...anything that rots in our dreams is not a good dream symbol and should be analysed carefully.

- Freud.

No, It's not an actual quote, but it could well have been, don't believe it.. Although you do here the toothdreams alot.. Hmm, I might go investigate.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:39 am

It's probably highly subjective, but I was in a mood for generalising.

And speaking of common dreams, I've been having my recurring dream no. 1 again, a basic "search" type dream, where there is something/someone I need to find, occasionly it is quite clearly "the way out", often, however, it's unclear.

These dreams are set in one of two settings, both are combinations of places/buildings from my early childhood as well as extrapolations of others (my imagination having extended something wildly, yet the origins mostly being recognizable), all intertwined by caves, hidden doors, fireplaces that are really doors, etc, yet every time I get to a new "scene", I realise that it's just another part of the same arena/labyrinth.

These massive buildings etc I travel, each consisting of numerous scenes they're sealed off from where I need to be, and I need to find the way out, cause I'm convinced there is a way out. I never find it.
Edit: even when it's about finding something, it's quite clear that I need to leave the place to get to it.

My interpretation of it is that my subconscious is a weird place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:16 am

My worst dream was that my dad was a fiend and my mother was near death on life support in our living room. I didn't interact with my mom in the dream, only with my sister and dad, I think (was really long ago but it was the strongest dream I've ever had so still remember it fairly clearly). But I remember I hated my dad in the dream, along with my mom and sister, and we were tormented by him. Anyway, eventually, he died (don't remember how) and the strongest part of the dream was me running home to tell the joyous news to my mother. I shouted that dad was dead from the hall and could see into the living room through a glass door. Just as I finished shouting, I saw all the light in the room suddenly go off and the living room was pitch black, and I somehow knew that me telling her dad was dead had made her "give up" and die, the machines being turned off making the room go black.

I was about 8-10 years old when I had the dream and got ice cream for breakfast cause I was so upset in the morning. Was a bit scared to sleep for a few days after it too.
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:41 am

Oskar wrote:I was about 8-10 years old when I had the dream and got ice cream for breakfast cause I was so upset in the morning. Was a bit scared to sleep for a few days after it too.

Some scary shit there, feller. I totally understand why you got scared of sleeping after that. Sad
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Cemdor Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:25 pm

Starting today I will be holding a dream journal. I got the idea from the sitcom How I Met Your Mother. If I have any dreams worth mentioning I will try to post here. Very Happy
Cemdor
Cemdor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:34 am

Dream journals are quite common, it tells your subconscious that you -want- to remember your dreams and by time you will do so. I keep one myself and it is quite intresting to compare the dreams, since they all have one thing in common that is unique to every person.

I totally suggest keeping one!
Buren
Buren

Character sheet
Name: Buren Agamand
Title: Captain of the Crusade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7