Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Politeness towards player, does not excist clearly!

+9
Jeanpierre
Iralan
Feydor
Nessra Sunwhisper
Ledgic
Lexgrad
Jemerick
Kristeas Sunbinder
Shariah
13 posters

Go down

Politeness towards player, does not excist clearly! Empty Politeness towards player, does not excist clearly!

Post by Shariah Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:44 pm

Here is a though, what'd you do if the one you RP with has to pick up the phone. Be kind to wait or just keep RPing even though the person clearly stated " BrB Phone". With otherwords, get god emoted. Need thoughts about this.
Shariah
Shariah

Character sheet
Name: Shariah A. Longhill
Title:

Back to top Go down

Politeness towards player, does not excist clearly! Empty Re: Politeness towards player, does not excist clearly!

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:47 pm

I wait, casualy browse things.

It was so much easier when you couldn't get called while being on the internet.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Politeness towards player, does not excist clearly! Empty Re: Politeness towards player, does not excist clearly!

Post by Shariah Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:47 pm

Indeed. But this person stated " My RP does not stop 'cause you go BrB"
Shariah
Shariah

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:48 pm

Maybe he didn't notice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemerick Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:48 pm

Well.. naturally waiting for the other one. But writing an emote until the person comes back to reply is fine.
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Shariah Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:49 pm

He emoted alot and walked past me.
Shariah
Shariah

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:49 pm

Normally my chars waffle and make a speech, argue with another, tell a joke, smoke, what ever it takes to cover the pause. If they are gone for like 5 mins, i will leave them with a "I will let you ponder this" and they can find me later to continue it.

If its in the middle of a fight, well its tougher, putting your sword away and doing the above is always an option "No, you are not worthy of me yet Shariah, Improve and maybe next time you will be worthy to face me" /laugh!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:52 pm

Something of note too, Lex has had a few gang fights reciently, ie several players vs him. I had a great fight with the chapter as we took it slow, rather than spam emotes. One good emote is better than loads and a race to see who can act first. The KoS are excelent on emote fighting, always worth a look at what they do.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shariah Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:54 pm

This was not a fight, we stood there talking more or less. He trying to get past my character. There was no stress at all. Just believe that his statement was very untrue, you can wait 5min without being truly botherd.
Shariah
Shariah

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemerick Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:56 pm

Yeah, i had before IC "conversation" with AFK person. I let him be after i drew the conclusion he was busy meditating and said an apology even.

But back on topic: According to other sources, he didn't emote anything toward you but walked past you.
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Shariah Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:57 pm

He ignored my excistance more or less. Surley it works, but it is yet that my char had during the entire time tried to make him stop.
Shariah
Shariah

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemerick Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:05 pm

I think.. -we- should all sleep about this. You were not the only one offended (and in no way i say it was you who offended anyone), and i think we should really not start any drama over it, but for once (twice.. or..) just look over it.

That's my suggestion to both sides.
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:17 pm

The title sounds like something my mom would say to me, with player changed to anything besides me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:48 pm

It exists. You just bumped into a moron.

This sort of thread is no safer here than it would be on the realm forum >>
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Shariah Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:51 pm

You're most right, was a heat of the moment strike. I do rest my case meanwhile trying to find the delete button!
Shariah
Shariah

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:52 pm

*X suddenly stares ahead blankly and begins to drool uncontrollably*

If someone goes AFK on me I just alt tab and look at cat videos. Unless I'm really busy, then I might throw an emote on the AFKing player, giving a reason as to why I am not there when the person comes back.

But yeah, I think it's a bit unfair for someone to throw emotes at you that might affect on your character, since you clearly can't respond to them at that point.
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:30 pm

Feydor will usually just emote rolling a cigarette, getting exponentially bigger the longer the person takes afk.
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:42 pm

give him more than 10 mins and he has a camberwell carrot XD
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iralan Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:47 pm

Now seriously, If somebody who is in middle of conversation with me (e.g. that being the main focus of my RP at the given time), I'll give it like max. 10 minutes before my ideas of making time-filling emotes run out.

(In case of special of people I may start reading forum or mails for another while)

After this I'm out, after all the game and rp is for entertaining oneself and staring into the void doesn't sound like most entertaining thing at all. Do not let yourself be treated like dirt by AFKers, and leave them where they are and seek opportunities elsewhere. If they are at least semi-decent people they'll call you back with an apology, for wasting your time.
Iralan
Iralan

Character sheet
Name: Iralan Brightstar
Title: Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:49 pm

Pierre can fiddle his robe for as long as you need... Generally that idea alone brings people back quicker.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Krogon is quite used to meditating at the most blank and strange times.

Seiken would probably feed his horse an apple...
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:03 pm

Aishling reads books or browses through files... Quel'thalas bureaucracy!
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:48 pm

It depends on the length of the call.
Politnes goes both ways.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:45 am

I tend to wait for the person, without adding a simple emote. A bit like 'freezing' the role play.
This, however, tends to be normal with night elves, since they're kind of old and their conversations can take a while. Yes, unlike Stormwind where people barrage each other with text and emotes! *Head implodes.*

If the person disappears for a full twenty minutes, I might just start a conversation with another player about the hierarchal night elf society and how newfound democracy is corrupting the pure essence of it. All hail Queen Az-- Tyrande and Malfurion! *Coughs lightly.*

On the other hand, it was only random role play, and you shouldn't take offense by something so small, UNLESS this person was of relevance to your character and role play in general.
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down