Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential Ownership of the Slaughtered Lamb <EotDR>

+23
Rmuffn
Kettin
Timna
Valerias
Morinth
Hermie
corleth
Feydor
Ataris
Skarain
Dréfurion
Geneviève
Jemerick
Silferdrake
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Ledgic
Yarnaat
Melnerag
Ondius
Kittrina
Lexgrad
Lavian
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
27 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Potential Ownership of the Slaughtered Lamb <EotDR> - Page 3 Empty Re: Potential Ownership of the Slaughtered Lamb <EotDR>

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Well as the whole point of this thread is, we plan to and we will do. We intend to keep it a "secret", uphold it's Blizzard given theme as a Warlock bar and have the underbelly used for what it was made for, as a Warlock/Shadowcaster den. Otherwise the upstairs will be a fully functioning tavern, home to all the shadier types of life.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Potential Ownership of the Slaughtered Lamb <EotDR> - Page 3 Empty Re: Potential Ownership of the Slaughtered Lamb <EotDR>

Post by Lexgrad Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:27 pm

Our dudes will hopefully keep it as a bar. We wont take the risk XD
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermie Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:29 pm

So no more posters? Sad

Hermie

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:33 pm

You can advertise the bar of course, the better the cover up the more pleased it will make those who want to use the den. If authorities think it's a regular old tavern they will be less likely to snoop around. The whole point of the tavern above the warlock den is to cover up what goes on underneath so yeah.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermie Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:39 pm

Yay! We're the.. "Cover-up-for-the-EotDr-guild-guild!"

Happy Hours here we come!

Hermie

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ondius Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:43 pm

With all this, both guilds can benefit. We can also provide with some bar staff and of course, regular events in there Smile A profitable partnership!

Ondius

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:49 pm

We had the idea of The little big brewery running the bar above, with us helping and co running it. We would take care of the warlock den below. We where going to create a GHI item, a ring to be precise, that gives a buff to the player. This will be a sort of membership that allows them to enter the den below and receive discounts on drinks. Thoughts?
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:55 pm

This way someone can keep watch over the entrance to the den, if they don't have the buff the ring gives on their character they can send word down to those in the den that an intruder is coming, they can then hide things and prepare. Maybe even attack them and wipe their memory for being so foolish.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:33 pm

Not that I have a problem with the general idea, but just pointing out that not everyone uses GHI! So you may want to whisper people without that buff, if you intend to go ahead with the idea, before calling them out as an intruder IC.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ondius Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:13 am

I don't think it'll be an issue. Those going downstairs should know about this already anyways =)

Ondius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:17 am

I would suggest a ring that says I am in Lock club might be valued more by the guard XD
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermie Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:24 pm

I like the ring idea, but what Lexgrad said and also I'd like to (as the only member of my guild (although including my alt aswell)) to have a ring aswell. *nod*

Hermie

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:04 am

I dont think the discount should be included just because you are wearing a ring. It would be suspicious. And do you honesty think if a random dwarf would see a guy get discount only for a piece of jewelry, without any visible reason....I do not think it would end quietly.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:07 am

I do not think personally that the ring would bring anything but access to the basement. Period. Anything that goes down there, stays there.
Also, I believe only members/people that are trusted and known will be even offered such a ring. But that's just my two cents.
It's so cold my hands hurt, hence the little text Sad
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:55 am

I've been speaking to the Cartel about 'infiltration' recently and how easy it is to do in a game like this.

Given that I think it would be fair to say the organisers of this should speak to the guard guilds OOC and come to some kind of arrangement.

All it takes is a little respect for other guilds right to RP in a location they chose for as long as they chose and there shouldn't be any problem with the rings. Smile

Otherwise I can imagine a scenario in which after a couple of weeks rings start circulating in the general public and someone who may or may not even have been given a ring hands one over to the guards and then the whole thing is ruined, which would be a shame. :S
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ondius Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Thing is... rings won't be circulating in the "general public". This is not something to be delivered to every other guy who walks in the bar. But of course I won't deny an OOC chat with some guard guilds

Ondius

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:55 pm

A bunch of people will say they have rings too ofc. So OOCly chatting to whoever's handing them out would stop any OOCing their way in.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ondius Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Morinth wrote:A bunch of people will say they have rings too ofc. So OOCly chatting to whoever's handing them out would stop any OOCing their way in.

Hence the usage of a ghi item, made by me Razz people can say anything they wish, but they gotta have the ring. the authentic one!

Ondius

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:29 pm

How would they be in circulation if they cannot be copied or edited OOCly in the GHI addon? The drinks was a sort of a joke but yes, I see the point. This wasn't the point of the ring. This is an IC security measure in order to protect the den below and the Cults operations. We will speak to the guard guilds OOCly as you suggest about this also. I would like to also state that the ring isn't the only "line of defence", the person who organises/runs the den will be the one who gives the rings out. So of course he/she will be aware of who is permitted. If someone tries to enter with a ring that would be fake we will probably either spot it or not recognise the character IC. This is a tight operation and things aren't being taken so lightly.

Once again thanks for the feedback guys and gals. Helping a lot with the progress of this!
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:40 pm

Also, GHI have signatures on them. This will be translated into IC markings that would be imbued with a quite complex magical matrix which would be hard to duplicate, or something along those lines . There will be chances for -serious- infiltration attempts of course but everything that can be done to avoid that ICly will be done.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Perhaps it's too a good idea to get an "ID" of every one with a ring? Like a drawing or description, and name.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermie Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Still, as leader of the above ground I should have a ring *nodnod* ofocurse I wont be allowed to know your screty warlocky stuff Very Happy

Hermie

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Im sure it can be sorted with the SWR and the banner anyway. It is kinda guild crushing if it gets raided every week. So talk to the guards ooc and all should be cool.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ondius Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Timna wrote:Perhaps it's too a good idea to get an "ID" of every one with a ring? Like a drawing or description, and name.

I believe the number of people with a ring will be limited, at least for now. When things progress (hopefully), other measures than be put in place to simplify things.

Ondius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:41 pm

And there needs to be an oath and a self curse placed on them... If i break the terms of the oath then bad stuff happens.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next